974 Videos, Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid & LT 2008-2012 Road Test, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The car impresses on a few fronts. A typical model has about 200 to 400 samples for each model year. Firestone Complete Auto Care is your spot for 2007 Saturn Aura maintenance. I bought a 2007 Saturn Aura used with just under 80k miles. 2007 is the first model year for the Aura, which shares a platform with the Chevrolet Malibu and the Pontiac G6, but many reviewers say the Aura outshines its corporate cousins. Saturn Aura Change Vehicle Compare Average Retail Price $4,150 - $5,225 Join for Ratings and Reviews While the Aura is an improvement over the Pontiac G6 and Chevrolet Malibu with which it. Bulletin 14116 covers model year 2004-2006 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx, 2005-2006 Pontiac G6 and 2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura built from March 1, 2008, through June 27, 2008. There was, however, an ominous cracking sound that seemed to emanate from the optional first-row sunroof each time I hit a large bump in the road. Several problems in the first month of ownership. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say its in park while the transmission was still engaged. Antilock brakes, traction control, side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags are standard. There were no injuries. In the questionnaire, we ask subscribers to note any problems with their cars Heres hoping the Aura will eventually get a high-performance Red Line variant with the bulging fender flares, side skirts and gaping lower grille that gave the concept such a sense of presence. I tried to restart the car and all I got was a mild clicking sound I noticed a burning smell from under the hood, so I thought the ECM burnt up. The good thing about getting a Saturn from my perspective is the info on this forum. GM has been hyping the quietness of its Buick models lately, but perhaps it needs to highlight Saturn. Saturn Aura 2007-2009 Road Test. I was largely willing to give GM the benefit of the doubt. Bulletin 14117 covers model year 2008 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac G6 and Saturn Aura built from February 1, 2008, through February 28, 2008. Love it more than the 04 and has been a great little car. The vehicle was not repaired. GM's number for this recall is 13036. Learn more about Car Brands Reliability The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure. It has some flaws, but not many - an excellent car at an excellent price. \r\rWelcome to our comprehensive Kelley Blue Book review of the Saturn Aura.\r\rWhile Saturn is putting more excitement into its cars, it has committed to maintaining its popular \"no haggle\" pricing policy. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. shop in the city, your car will never be the same after an accident. Cheap part easy fix. In the Aura, the engine produced 219 hp (163 kW) and 220 lbft (300 Nm) of torque. The whole steering rack had to be replaced. After 5 years of AURA ownership, I feel more confident that the AURA will hold up equally as well as our 3 Hondas have over the past 30 years. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" It has disabled on me about five times now without warning and does so at any speed. I took to my local Iowa city GM dealership to diagnose and was told it's a stretched timing chain. If you cant fix them yourself don't get this car. Her dream car is a 2012 Mini Countryman. Nice to have OnStar in case of emergency, Saturn AURA Reliability And Durability: Cons. I bought fir 500.00 I woodnt sell it fir nothing, 2007-2009 Buick, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Saturn Vehicles Transmission Issue, Like the Pontiac G6, the five-person Aura is built on an extended-length version of GMs midsize-car, The Auras road manners are a pleasant surprise. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Mount. Thats what some say, and its hard to argue when reports show that rotors could start to warp as early as 500 miles off the dealer lot. The 3.6-liter V-6 drives a new six-speed automatic that was jointly developed with Ford and will be used in their vehicles, including the new 2007 Edge crossover SUV. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Pan Gasket - (A/T) 2007 Saturn Aura Auto Trans Oil Cooler Line Fitting. Used 2007 Saturn Aura Consumer Reviews More about the 2007 Aura 5 (82%) 4 (12%) 3 (5%) 2 (1%) 1 (0%) 4.7 241 reviews Write a review See all Auras for sale View Photos & Videos List Price. google_ad_height = 90; Getting your Outlook to the higher end of the 150,000-mile lifespan depends on three factors : One broken part can cause a domino effect under the hood and dramatically reduce your cars life expectancy. Maximum towing capacity is 1,000 pounds when properly equipped. In keeping with the sporty dynamics of the chassis, it takes some effort to turn the steering wheel. Had that replaced, now its the timing chain, which is also a common complaint of the Aura yet there is no recall. A 2002 Saturn SL2 came with an I4 engine that made 124 horsepower and 122 lb-ft of torque. My sister loaned me her spare car while Im between vehicles, and Im kind of tempted to just take this one off her hands. The four-wheel independent suspension has front and rear stabilizer bars, and when cornering, the XR model remains impressively flat for a family sedan; body roll is well controlled. The 2007 Saturn Outlook starts at a base Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $27,990 and can top $43,000 when fully loaded. Yes, we have a 2003 Saturn Vue with a manuel transmission. But it really depends on the owner and how they are taken care of. A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Change out BCM, Wondering how to rest it. How long does a 2007 Saturn Outlook engine last? Save products you love, products you own and much more! No lights then all of a sudden I get in from the grocery store and my check engine light comes on, traction control light comes on, engine power reduced warning comes on and car starts jerking. sample size to provide results of statistical confidence. SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General: Average life span of OEM parts? If you're in the market for an affordable midsize. On the other hand, the Aura earns praise for its safety features and crash test results. When parts are available, owners will be mailed a second letter to come in to have the applicable bulletin applied. If you're in the market for an affordable midsize car, you should also consider Honda Accord andToyota Camry. We dont recognize that sign in. If youre most concerned with how the car holds up on the inside, the Aura comes up short when compared to the competition. The recall began on August 18, 2014. Saturn is no longer in business Shift linkage problems are very common with these cars. The InsideAlthough I was initially impressed with the Auras interior design, I began to notice flaws after spending a few days behind the wheel. Our 2007 Saturn Aura xr has the same V6 3.6 L engine as the 2007 models: (Cadillac cts, srx, sts; GMC acadia & Saturn outlook) that General Motors issued a recall concerning premature wear of timing chains for these 2007 models. With the 3.6-liter V6, acceleration is strong and smooth at any speed -- with six gears to choose from, the power is always on tap. Take good care of your Outlook if you want it to take good care of you. restart on its own after 10-15 minutes, usually accompanied by a random warning light (never the same one). On May 22, 2014, GM increased the recall to include an additional 1,074,899 model year 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured from May 16, 2003, through October 5, 2007, model year 2004-2007 Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured from June 25, 2003, through April 5, 2007, and model year 2005-2008 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured from May 26, 2004, through September 28, 2007, and equipped with 4-speed transmissions. I cannot wait to be rid of it because it has zero reliability. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. //-->. Some complain about cheap, plasticky interior. The XRs engine use in current models like the, speaks well of its longevity. The Aura delivers excellent safety features a roomy interior, but it can't match the interior material quality of others in its class. 2 months into ownership, i thought i had a bad wheel. General Motors LLC (GM) notified the agency on April 29, 2014, that they are recalling 56,214 model year 2007 and 2008 Saturn Aura vehicles. The four-wheel. Doing so could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars. It was running rough and stalled. Exterior & StylingLike the Pontiac G6, the five-person Aura is built on an extended-length version of GMs midsize-car platform, and its one of the best-looking sedans using this design. A set of new headlights will cost from $275 to $350. The Aura also fails to include basic features like grab handles, and theres no center armrest for rear passengers. Check out our Saturn Aura overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Aura. Let Jerry pay for your car repair by saving you money on car insurance. The system works well in practice, though its not always available in rural areas. As loyal GM customers, we are requesting reimbursement for repair expenses of $ $1,667.05 for replacement of second (2) timing chain in less than three years. This car has been a bust since the warranty expired. Furthermore, when the driver goes to stop and park the vehicle, despite selecting the ?PARK? Firestone alerted me that I needed a timing chain. The optional four-panel panoramic sunroof provides a larger than normal opening when retracted and a see-through roof when it's closed. A defect investigation into the issue was opened in 2011, eventually leading to a recall of 56,000 vehicles in 2014. You can pick up a new airbag control module for about $100, but new airbags can cost between $1,000 to $2,000 each. Two of the three powertrains offered in the Aura merit special mention. For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. Based on information received from our latest subscriber survey, our reliability history charts give you a rundown on how used vehicles are holding up in 17 potential trouble spots, ranging from the engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. Folding the standard 60/40-split rear seats exposes a wide but not especially tall opening between the trunk and the cabin. The Green line hybrid version makes the Aura one of the few cars in this segment available with that gas-sipping technology, though in real-world testing we've found its increases in fuel economy to be middling. Ad-free. It started this before any other problems with the vehicle, specifically as I lost traction on some icy snow and spun the tires a few times when the car had 50,000 miles on it. saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums . Some GM Outlook owners have reported getting. The Caddy 3.6 with VVT is silky smooth and hard to tell when it's running: the tach is necessary. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. A four-speed automatic comes standard on the Green . Nowhere near as nice as the Vue in my opinion. Due to its anonymous styling, middle-of-the-road performance and cut-rate cabin, Saturn's L-Series, the company's previous midsize family car entry, was never a favorite of ours. An impeccably-maintained 2007 Saturn Outlook can last 150,000 miles or more if youre lucky. We arent paid for reviews or other content. Stay ahead of maintenance for your 2007 Saturn Aura. XE and XR models receive an "average" rating. Im getting into car repair as a hobby and just bought my first OBD scanner. Dealers will replace the torque sensor assembly and EPS motor controller unit. It features subtle fender flares, a naturally arcing roofline and a short rear deck. Its all the more startling when you consider the strides GM has made with the interiors of its new full-size SUVs and in cars like the Chevrolet Impala. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Chevrolet Silverado C1500 Heavy Duty Insurance Cost. It doesn't burn any oil that I can tell. Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Our The first timing chain failed at 56,000 miles in March 2013 the second timing chain failed at 80,000 miles February 2016 in 2 years 11 months and 24,000 miles, the timing chain needed replacement something is inherently wrong with this engine and/or replacement parts. I've been told the exterior resembles a Lexus/Infiniti and completely agree. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Click here to find out what to do if your tire pressure warning light wont go out. Re: alternator life expectancy . These charts provide the most comprehensive reliability information available to consumers. 2.2 will start burning oil when they get up in miles. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. For more new car reviews, interviews and automotive news visit http://www.kbb.com today. Available styles include XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A), XE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A), and Green Line 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A). It always the front end. Owners report a leaky roof causing issues, from burnt headlamps to problems with the electronic steering system. /* 728x90, created 4/10/11 */ While they were working on it I called GM owner assistance because at this point I had some feelings of mistrust. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2004-2006 and 2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu, 2004-2006 Malibu Maxx, 2009-2010 HHR (non-turbo), 2010 Cobalt, 2008-2009 Saturn Aura and 2004-2007 Ion, and 2005-2009 Pontiac G6. Unfortunately, the Aura brought its own problems: namely cheap brake parts that needed early replacement and a gear shifter that could say its in park while the transmission was still engaged. GM's number for this recall is 14152. Your Jeep Compass tires should be filled to between 32 and 35 psi. If the tabs were to fracture and separate, the shift lever and the actual position of the transmission gear may not match. . The mainstream Aura, the XE, comes with a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 224 horsepower and 221 pound-feet of torque and it's coupled to a four-speed automatic transmission. CarComplaints.com Notes: The Saturn Aura was a mid-size car meant to replace the somewhat problematic L-Series. While driving approximately 55 mph, the engine warning light illuminated. Were not saying such cars dont exist, but theyre more the stuff of legends than they are the standard. Turns out it was the output shaft bearing to the Transmission, which meant a whole new transmission. Even when driving on oftentimes-noisy concrete roads or next to semi trucks, the Auras cabin remains impressively quiet. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the Aura five stars for both the driver and passenger in its frontal crash test. 2007 AURA XR. Then on Aug. 21, 2017 the engine light came on again and I had a hard time getting it started again. Depending on the severity of the problem, you might have to perform some. 2001 SC2. There are rough plastic edges on the glove box, front door pockets and a dash storage cubby, as well as questionable faux stitching accents on the door armrests. The car misfires, shakes violently when in idle and when driving. With its well-rounded personality and attractive design, the Aura finally gives Saturn a legitimate contender in the midsize family sedan segment. My sons 2005 Vue 5 speed has 217,000 and is still going strong. Retrieve your username. you're interested in, check the AutoCheck vehicle history reports, read dealer reviews, and find The average car clocks about 14,000 miles a year, so your Outlook should have lasted. Cost to drive estimates for the 2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A) and comparison vehicles are based on 15,000 miles per year (with a mix of 55% city and 45% highway driving) and energy estimates of $3.28 per gallon for regular unleaded in North Dakota. Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price. The base XE comes with 17-inch wheels, air-conditioning, full power accessories and a stereo with a CD player and auxiliary input jack. The next night I was driving, car was running smooth, no problems. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The vehicle may not be able to be restarted and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning. The pricing was reasonable with standard sales, but Saturn became yet another casualty of the recession in 2010and the Outlook went down with it. TrueDelta is not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks. The drivers door armrest feels like its about to come loose each time its indentation is grasped to pull the door shut, and the ceiling-mounted sunroof controls flex into the headliner with each touch. The payment for your account couldn't be processed or you've canceled your account with us. The car restarted after sitting a few minutes with reduced engine power for the first twenty miles - I could top out at about 45 and hear an electrical engagement sound. I have a 04 Vue 5spd.2 to 3 Quarts of oil a week.Trying to find a engine now.Other than that it is a great little suv. Love it rides great its fully loaded heated seats moon roof only issue im.having is the exhaust other then that I can drive 162 miles and use a little over a 1/ 4 tank of gas What is a 2007 Honda Civics life expectancy? We don't sell/share your email. For some model years, typically those of older or less popular cars, we do not have a large enough FOR PRICING & SPECS ON THIS CAR VISIT: http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/Saturn_Aura.aspxSaturn Aura. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. ^^^ And if the 2.2 has the Vti tranny with it. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-553-6000. Based on the same platform used for the Pontiac G6 sedan, the new-for-2007 Saturn Aura features a powerful engine lineup as well as a more upscale cabin. The 6 cylinder, double overhead camshaft naturally aspirated engine has 4 valves per cylinder and a displacement of 3.6 litres. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the check engine warning indicator illuminated continuously. The 2022 Polestar 2 now includes Apple CarPlay as a standard feature. I told them to just figure out why the car will not start. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and diagnosed that the crankshaft correlation needed to be replaced. Used Ford Transit Connect Passenger Wagon 2012, New Audi Q5 Sportback for Sale in Monument, CO, Best Lincoln Nautilus Lease Deals in Palmdale, CA, New Audi A6 Allroad for Sale in Apple Valley, CA, Best BMW X4 M Lease Deals in Elizabeth, NJ, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Member . The 2008 recession made it impossible for the corporation to sustain anything but its most successful subsidiaries like, Find insurance savings it's 100% free, Compare Free Quotes (& Save Hundreds per Year! You will get digital access to reviews and ratings for over 8,500 products and services Get the niggly things taken care of by the dealer under warranty as soon as they pop up. It has a fairly beefy high-tech engine and paddle shifters for its six-speed . Meanwhile, a busted gear shifter cable lead to some unwanted rollaways. Quiet, really quick when using the Allison 6 speed paddle shifter in manual mode, and sticks to the road like no sedan we've ever owned. General Motors safety recall number 12106. Whether youll like the Aura or not depends on whats most important to you in a car. 2007 Saturn Aura Transmission Oil Cooler Hose. MORE: How to check and decode a Saturn VIN. The driver would be able to move the shifter to 'PARK' and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in 'PARK.' 1 She double-majored in Concordia University in English Literature & Creative Writing and Film Animation, and has since collaborated with Carolinian Canada, EQAO, ProductWiki, and The Museum of Ontario Archeology. Like the Saturn SKY roadster that preceded it, the Aura demonstrates that General Motors is putting renewed emphasis on its passenger cars to fend off the ferocious competition of the import nameplates.