Wouldn't put power from engine to drive train. A class action lawsuit (Won v. General Motors LLC (ED MI. There was no reason for these airbags to have gone off. This is still occurring and we have noticed that the odor occurs when using heat too. Ignition tumbler and steering wheel locked. Lots of torque. The transmission is one. There are several engine options available on the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado. I have put it back on and it continues to come loose. They rate the 2015 model year as the worst due to repair costs and the low mileage when issues strike. Transmission shuddering. The failure occurred intermittently. These distractions impair safe operation of the vehicle. TSB Number: 17-NA-066. *bf *as. Therefore having to stop in the middle of the road cause I could t see almost getting hit. The engine shut off and the vehicle would not disengage from park. . This causes the actuator to rattle around until it get oil pressure. Thermostat/housing replaced on 2/15/21. 3.6L V6 6 Spd. The dash lights go out . Even the automaker claims that the newer models have "major flex.". In most cases, the vibration has been resolved by flushing your transmission fluid as directed to dealerships by TSB# 18-NA-355. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. The infotainment system continually dropped the connections and wasnt at all dependable.. But your attitude that it's no biggie issue and just trade for something else is not shared by all. The wiring that was done before purchase is what's causing all issues electronically. During some starts (in morning after not driving for several hours), the engine will have a pulsing idle ~750-1000 rpm. I am writing to inform you of a safety issue with my 2018 chevrolet colorado. He also informed me gm is aware of this issue with the vehicle and has not developed a permanent fix for the issue. The automakers fix for this situation is to inspect the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) system and its components. Thats it. All of these issues combined create more work and less play. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. 0000034229 00000 n The 2018 Chevrolet Colorado has 55 problems reported for shudder, vibration. Which incidentally are also now rated the highest for durability. This could have been bad if it happened while we were driving it to work. When I researched this issue, I found thousands of issues online that matched this problem 100 percent. Had it towed it to nearest dealership. Hoses from radiator became warm as normal, heat delivery to cab also normal. Various forums indicate there is a design flaw with the dssv for the zr2. I left and it vibrated all the way home. I had truck stationary parked on a slight incline on a dirt road for about 5 minutes when I heard a odd sound like "arrrrr clunk" and my car rolled down a hill. Parked in driveway, shut off engine, went inside. Drove for a few miles without change in fan speed. Starting to happen almost daily, but not for dealership. Shudder feels similiar to driving over mild rumble strips or rough pavement. THERE IS A CONTROL KNOB TO DIM THE INTERIOR LIGHTING AND DISPLAY, BUT WHEN THE VEHICLE IS PUT INTO REVERSE, THE DISPLAY GOES TO FULL BRIGHTNESS AND CANNOT BE CONTROLLED BY THE BRIGHTNESS CONTROL KNOB. Also experiencing a rough downshift between 2nd and 1st gear when stopping as smoothly as possible. There were no warning indicators illuminated. Engine is overloaded and shudders at low speeds when transmission does not downshift. It feels like you are driving on the road edge warnings, Steering wheel constantly shakes and veers on roadway dealer changed torque converter but issue still. But in many cases, this could really hit consumers hard with issues after the warranty is expired. The reviewer finds the 8-speed transmission is constantly shifting but has a decent pick-up. It is called the chevy shake or the gmc shutter. Once warm shifting is smoother but shuddering still occurs. The real wild card here is the variables. I bought my truck 6 months ago and it's been in the shop 3 times bc I can't remove my key. NHTSA Complaints for the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Problems with the Transmission Drivers want a smooth, comfortable ride as they head down the road. My chevy dealership mis diagnosed it twice and has now found the issue. Shudder becomes worse when trailering boat. With no fix in sight, it can quickly become annoying and distracting to the driver, which could potentially lead to an accident. The vehicle would not defrost or heat. - identified variable speed occurrence could happen at 25 or 65. The contact took the vehicle to [a General Motors dealership] where it was diagnosed that the torque converter needed to be replaced. The failure mileage was 15,000. The vehicles included in the class action are: - 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade - 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade ESV They towed the truck to cox chevrolet, where I purchased the vehicle brand new only a year ago. However, it, Things You Can Do Yourself When You Have a Lemon, Background Check Errors Can Cost you a Job and So Much More, Tenant Data Services Screening Report Dispute False Info or Errors, How to dispute background check errors that cost you a job, Electrical System, Engine, Fuel/propulsion System, Power Train:automatic Transmission:torque Converter, Electrical System, Forward Collision Avoidance: Warnings, Suspension, Electrical System, Engine, Unknown Or Other, Engine, Power Train, Vehicle Speed Control, Latches/locks/linkages:hood:latch, Structure:body, Engine, Fuel/propulsion System, Vehicle Speed Control, Electrical System, Electronic Stability Control, Steering, Electrical System, Power Train, Unknown Or Other, Electrical System, Steering, Unknown Or Other, Back Over Prevention: Camera System, Structure:body, Power Train, Service Brakes, Unknown Or Other. Most common in model years 2004-2009, most people noticed the issue around 107,358 miles. the new TSB is a flush & refill with the newest formulation of the Mobil 1 fluid, which only became available in late Jan 2019. 4th start, put in drive and limped back home. Have you had a bad experience too? It also states in the paper work after buying my truck new that this is a defect part. For something this serious, and to continue on for 3 model years (5 if you add in the Corvette/Cadillac etc..) that is just inexcusable. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I have a 2018 Z71 Colorado and it shakes and vibrates. 2/18/19 - on my drive yesterday with my wife, truck temp set at 74 and outside temp was 54 and 40 minutes into drive the vehicle fogged up the side windows and I had to turn on defrost. So a 20 percent number is something I can't get my head around. Steering wheel also starting to get stuck in turn position when turning right. pZ1J\@^l*d P+ @'r980@+dcWTRWPf'+, >4ss B|~ gi'O&\+q=+:YC lo2~.u. Finally and just this week I have a dealership that is saying a code came up saying the transmission fluid needs to be change since they receive a service technical bulletin saying the wrong transmission fluid was original installed and needs to be replaced. I have a 2018 chevrolet colorado 3. Unfortunately, others report experiencing the same issues after a few weeks. Dealership was kind of helpful but just wanted me to buy an extended warranty. See the jurisdictions in which our lawyers are licensed, admitted, or otherwise authorized to practice. 0000001421 00000 n Vehicle has been in shop almost a month will no resolution. 0000033752 00000 n My first truck. I know that a misfire should set a hard dtc. TSB with #19-NA-355, which applies to 2017-2019 8 speeds. The latest comment from gm customer care was to blame all these issues on my tires (36000 miles). Loss of power equals a tire issue? Searching the internet noted a problem with this year/make/model with the transmission - one search result suggested submitting the information here. Thank you for requesting your free case evaluation. Blamed it on the tires. If your Chevy Colorado is experiencing transmission shudder, it's likely due to a cracked transmission valve. Solution - The TCM may need to be recalibrated with the latest control software. We were then told the thermostat required replacements but there was no part in existence and they would notify us when it became available. hb```b``^ @16- A recommendation if you're considering buying a Canyon or Colorado with a 8-speed or 6-speed automatic: Make sure it was built . This was first noticed when I used 4wd auto mode for the first time in october 2018. No warning lights, nothing - just turns off. You could make the best of the situation and pretend it is a strobe light jamming to your favorite tunes, but we dont recommend turning your truck into a disco just yet. It happens alot more on rough roads, for example my drive way is gravel, everytime I come home into my driveway I feel the rattle. 0000031852 00000 n Usually, the gas cap was loose or worn out. The faster you were going before stopping the harder it downshifts. Some of the main concerns are related to noisy powertrains, defective diesel engine sensors and faulty infotainment centers. When I drive up hill the vehicle starts to jerk back and forth and has lost of power. Both the colorado and same gmc vehicle having same problem. Message or call 877-795-3666 today. This is extremely concerning especially on a vehicle with roughly 18,000 miles on it. This resulted in a drained battery and the truck would not start. 2018 colorado develops a shutter when moving up an incline from speeds of 45 to 60 mph on highways. Another .css-xtkis1{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#1C5f8B;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;font-weight:bold;}.css-xtkis1:hover{color:#000000;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}Edmunds reviewer reached 12,000 miles and began experiencing a rumble and vibration issue that seems to be common with Chevy trucks. Tires skip upon acceleration from stop. Tried all basic instructions (three adults) and then called mobile mechanic. The approximate failure mileage was 82,630. WHATEVER THAT IS SUPPOSED TO DO. When turning the key into the ignition position the vehicle will give a random downshift unless the brake pedal is pressed down. Electrical system, fuel system, powertrain and steering issues among the top complaints received by the NHTSA from vehicle owners. More apparent when engine is cold shifting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd then will dissipate. Might need a new wiring harness. 2nd Generation Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. No warning lights illuminated. I have an appointment with a dealership, but the first available appointment is thursday november 7th 2019. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. All steel, heavy duty transmissions. But this issue should have been handled at no cost to owners. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. Shudder is cyclic lasting 4 - 12 seconds, reaccurring 45 - 90 seconds. No response from the dealer that I leased it from I would like to return this vehicle as it has problems We all know about. They verified leaking came from defective oil cooler line hose. Mind you, the dealership verified that they have been sent kits from gm to correct these issues. This reviewer conducted research and determined this to be a common issue. I can put gear in park position, turn key to off, then start the truck like normal. vacuum loss, 3.) WHEN THE VEHICLE IS TURNED OFF AND STARTED SEVERAL HOURS LATER THERE IS NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR ANY OTHER LIGHT ON. I had my car on park while on 4low with the engine off. There has been no re-call issued by chevrolet to correct this safety issue. The torquer converter its the problem I find out a day on highway I was driving and the truck lose power it takes time to move to other gear and make a weird sound I take the truck to the chevy dealer and they just flush the transmission fluid and they said will fix the problem but after that get it worse it claps when put it in reverse or drive it use to shakes when you driving even at not high speed. This reviewer offered some observations after driving their new Chevy Colorado 600 miles. I cannot defrost my windows or maintain a safe cabin temperature. At speed and on acceleration, vehicle pulls intermittently and sharply. I am a retired paratrooper with verifiable severe nerve damage to my back and lower legs and this vehicle causes serious physical and neurological problems when driving highway speeds. Obviously, it is manufacturing problem. In june took the truck in for service and they sprayed the air filter with a disinfectant(?). The firms main office is located at 43 Danbury Road, Wilton, Connecticut. Well the issue still holds and the truck's climate control (blending process) has as issue in getting the temp adjusted on startup. Other than that, there are no known fixes available at this time. Happens while driving anywhere from 35 mph to 70 mph city street or highway does not make a difference feels like steering control could be lost while driving, Some time it feels as if you are riding on the rumble strips on shoulder of the road and some times it shifts pretty hard the rumble can happen at anytime. Waited several days for replacement part. Another frequent issue, as mentioned by 123 owners, is the failure of the CD player. TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2018 CHEVROLET COLORADO. Both built like tanks and have not been updated in years. I feel driving the truck is a safety hazard for not only me but others on the road. At 5,000 miles it appears to be getting worse, I have an appt. Twice now. 0 The problem is not solve and the guy from the dealer told me gmc will not let them change the part is his own words. The contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. I KNOW THAT A MISFIRE SHOULD SET A HARD DTC. 2018 Traverse Overview 2018 Chevrolet Traverse Transmission Problems Click on a problem below to read more. In manufacturing that is a catastrophic number. The 2020 Chevy Colorado starts at $21,300 for the base model. It is an intermittent issue and it's hard to diagnose. Seems to be related to the shift lever, moving that back and forth can usually rectify the problem after many attempts. Every time I take it to the dealer for repair I end up losing my truck for a day and they tell me they can find anything wrong even though this is a known issue and there is a tsb out to fix the issue. 0000012691 00000 n When the truck is put in auto 4wd mode while parked, instead of the 4wd engaging as necessary, it engages immediately upon motion. All in all, it seems there are plenty of powertrain noises to go around with the Colorado. TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2018 CHEVROLET COLORADO. I got my colorado repaired at a cost of 2. Well there is legal action taken. Manual, Ported TB, underdrive pulleys, LT headers, catted Y, cat back exhaust, Elite CC, subframe protectors, strut tower brace, floor tunnel brace, skip shift eliminator. While its a good thing that these electrical shortages arent related to necessary equipment, no one wants to deal with this inconvenience either. The dealership in marysville, oh had my truck for 3 days and told me they cleaned a bunch of terminals at several connectors. Motor Biscuit compiled a list of owner problems using RepairPal.com. In Service Bulletin #PIE0405A, the automaker acknowledges that customers experience a shake or shudder while driving with the 8L90 or 8L45 transmission. Seat belt not working correctly doesn't give me confidence in it in the event of a collision. Vehicle has not been off-road. Description: This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician that the 2016, 2017 and 2018 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyons equipped with the 2.8L Diesel engine Regular Production Option Code (LWN) E98 Engine Control Module part numbe. They found the interior to be minimal and the storage lacking compared to other trucks in the class. 2018 chevy colorado transmission recall. Check engine light or other warning lights may be illuminated, 5.) It was not a slow leak. Replaced the cut seal. When driving over 40mph there is a very pronounced shuttering/vibration that occurs. I have taken to dealership. Only 4150 miles on the truck! Varied inconsistency. quieter or low-pitched whining, 4.) The Colorado had a recall because the fuel pump could leak and increase the fire risk. Conclusion. How about you give me a car that runs correctly if Im spending that kind of money! Took to dealer and they said they all do that; it's common with these; nothing to do. Took truck to dealer who said it was torque converter problem. Melted wires are also a fire hazard. When the vehicle was two months old it stopped on a city street in arlington va and was undriveable. The transmission fluid has been changed per the bulletin without success. Let's pray it stays together Knowing how many have complained about GM Automatic transmissions, the likelihood that I would even consider buying one, I would get the dice out, pick a number, roll the dice, if I hit that number, buy, if I missed that number, something is telling me not to buy. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/216529-16-na-175-8-speed-shudder-update/, 2nd Gen Chevrolet Colorado Forum / 2015 GMC Canyon. Share your opinion on the 2018 Chevrolet Colorado. While attempting to pull out into traffic, the transmission suddenly slipped and the vehicle made a high-pitched humming sound. At the dealership, the dealer informed me the engine throttle body and intake tube duct hose should be replaced. Similarly, the 2006 year model's defects tend to show up later in the car . That just masked the smell for a day or two, but the odor still present. This is a serious issue causing truck to shut off while driving and not knowing if it will restart and have power to drivetrain. No check engine lights, no noises or vibrations to tell me truck is going to shut off. Others I have talked to at dealership claim there vehicle vibrates at lower speeds, surges and making noise. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact then took the vehicle to ocean city chevrolet (2366 ocean hwy w, shallotte, nc 28459) where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The failure mileage was 1,500. It was wired back together but is still not fixed. 0000035401 00000 n Generally, a Chevy Silverado transmission can cost $2000 to $3500. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle began to shake forcefully. This could be a good sign if they state on record a actual problem found. Does the 2021 Colorado have transmission problems? Whats your name? Despite replacing the gas cap, many owners reported the issue continued. Then when you are driving at cruising speed and you let off the throttle and depress throttle again there is a shudder. Also when using remote start once you put the key in the transmission jumps. Compensation for potential legal violations, and any results obtained, depends upon the specific factual and legal circumstances of each case. Transmission developed shudder during light throttle acceleration between 30 and 70 mph. It has an intermittent shudder at no particular speed and a kind of tugging at slow acceleration speeds, like a quick upshift and then down again. I am an automotive technician, and I'm very familiar with variable timing actuators. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. It doesnt matter which one of these is faulty; it becomes a significant inconvenience to the owner. CT6 2016 2018 EOP LGX, LGW, LTG M5N, M5X Escalade Models 2015 2017 L86 M5U Chevrolet Camaro 2016 2019 Feb. 1, 2019 LGX, LTG, LT1 M5T, M5U Colorado 2017 2019 March 1, 2019 LGZ M5T . The customer could notice an exhaust fluid quality poor message on the Driver Information Center or see the diesel exhaust fluid warning lamp as well. They had the transmission flushed and replaced the torque converter under warranty, but neither solution fixed the problem. One reviewer purchased a 2018 Chevy Colorado brand new, and when the vehicle reached 2000 miles the transmission began vibrating regularly. It has been at dealer for 9 days because they are doing 9 vehicles a day for this problem. Also realize that if you ordered a truck instead of buying one off the lot, any and all TSBs or recalls are not an issue as they 'fix' things on the fly during the assembly line process. What Cars Are We Talking About? Causing a couple thousand dollars in damage. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 chevrolet colorado. On the fourth occasion, truck shut off after backing up from parking spot and pushing on gas to go forward. They are supposed to be putting a new trans oil in also that will cure the problem. Check engine light illuminates. This is one of the most common Chevy Colorado transmission problems. Each time I was in gear (drive) moving at idling speed e. G. Parking lot crawl. Diagnosis fees cost around $88-$111. My 2018 colorado z71 (40,000 miles) suffers from transmission shudder intermittently. Growls and makes a low rumbling while shaking the entire truck. Check out 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Truck review: BuzzScore Rating, price details, trims, interior and exterior design, MPG and gas tank capacity, dimensions. The multimatic dssv damper in the left rear lost its fluid through a leak. GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the high pressure fuel pump, and high pressure fuel pipe, free of charge. If this doesn't get fixed and continues to occur, it's only a matter of time before an accident happens. Also paint on hood has fisheyes the truck also idols high when starting up. From low speed, it doesn't downshift to accelerate unless the pedal is floored. They would prefer more USB ports than the two provided in the front. Here is my take on things as I have been following this. Recall no. MULTIPLE TIMES ON A COLD START THE ENGINE IS MISFIRING. Wants to stall/slip shifting up in gears. Then hooking a 6k pound tt and heading to the mountains. AT NIGHT, THE PASSENGER SIDE MIRROR IS NOT USEABLE SINCE THE BACKUP DISPLAY IS SO BRIGHT. Read more about the firm. UPON RETURNING, NOTICED SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF OIL ON DRIVEWAY. The problem is the lock pin in the actuator does not function properly when you turn the vehicle off causing it to drain all the oil out of it. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (INVOICE AND PICTURES) AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. I have also filed a separate claim in january of 2023 to gm customer service notifying them of the ongoing issue and escalating to upper management. Shifts hard 1st to 2nd and sometimes 3rd when engine is cold. Pros and Cons of 2018 Chevy Colorado . Refused to flush transmission fluid in accordance with gm tsb 18-na-355. Have to leave key in the ignition and the door unlocked. 0000023222 00000 n The dealership technician said there was nothing. There is no charge unless we win. WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT IN AUTO 4WD MODE WHILE PARKED, INSTEAD OF THE 4WD ENGAGING AS NECESSARY, IT ENGAGES IMMEDIATELY UPON MOTION. No lights/warnings. Seems like a problem gmc should be able to repair without much trouble. THIS ALMOST RESULTED IN ACCIDENTS WHEN BACKING UP INTO A PARKING SPOT. Engine does turn off, but key can't be removed. They're still trying to fully understand the electrical issues since it is so random. I am an automotive technician. Unknown with rear seats I've never sat in my vehicles backseats to confirm it there. Transmission (DEXRONVI) 88865601 (U.S.) 19367328 (Canada) 6-12.4 qts (5.7-11.7 liters) Warranty Information Though it was tires , but turned out not to be the issue. I have brought it to chevrolet of wesley chapel fl 3 times for the same problem. This is a dangerous problem and should be investigated before someone gets hurt. Repair Pal does not have any issues from consumers at this point for the 2020 model. When I go on line I find that this seems to be a common problem with a lot of colorado owners. Had to restart, engine light came on and limped back home. I am now paying for a vehicle that has sat inoperable in my driveway for 4+ months with no end in site and opening is up to additional damages because it has had to remain inoperable for an extended period of time. How reliable is 2021 Chevy Colorado? Overall Rating 6/10 - 2018 is a bad year for the Chevy Colorado since there are still a lot of expensive transmission problems, giving it a low overall score.Owner reviews complain about costly repair bills, high ownership costs, as well as a rough suspension. They could not duplicate the issue and I had to drive it back home. No light shows that it is disconnected. JavaScript is disabled. My driver seat belt fails to lock, it has been happening for a few months, but has gotten drastically worse. The transmission is responsible for providing a well-balanced shifting experience that someone can barely notice occurring. Transmission has a shutter in it. I have to coast to the shoulder of the road, turn on the hazards, put in park, and restart the vehicle. But I've heard from uppers at GM near production that the number is closer to 20 percent.