Im not sure if the ratios were off but I followed it exactly, measuring the water and rice. When you measure the rice and water, what kind of measuring cups do you use for each? Microwave on HIGH. aldi jasmine rice cooking instructions. And it burns on the bottom of the pot! The pressure should have released automatically by then. Keep it in a cool, dark, dry place, like the pantry. Let me start by saying that cooking times may differ based on your device, so always refer to the manufacturer's instructions. Cooking jasmine rice is one of those seemingly simple tasks that is actually pretty difficult to perfect, even for some professional cooks. Very good and informative article. With its faintly nutty flavor and soft texture, jasmine rice is an all-purpose grain thats great in all kinds of dishes. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Jasmine Rice Cooking Instructions | eHow Stir once, cover, and reduce heat to low. Lock the lid in place and set to cook under High pressure for 3 minutes. I had a little over 1/4 cup extra rice in the bag so I went ahead and added it in. Close the lid and follow the instructions on your rice cooker. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! Cook on the white rice setting. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}. For every cup of rice, Id use 1 1/4 cup of water (i.e., the ratio should be 1:1.25). Thank you so much. Youll find jasmine in stir-fries, congee, and even vibrant rice puddings. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @onceuponachef. Hi Carol, Many recipes call for rinsing the grains before cooking but I think its an unnecessary extra step here; even when you rinse jasmine rice, the grains have a slightly sticky texture and cling together. 4. Do I add oil to the rice to keep it from sticking? This is the perfect recipe to cook jasmine rice! The ratio of water to rice really cooked a % of people told us that this article helped them. Next time try rinsing it in several changes of water (until the water runs clear); put it into a pot with filtered water and a pinch of kosher salt and bring it to a boil. Stir to combine. Learn how your comment data is processed. You should have perfect rice using this method. Healthy Nibbles 2014 - 2022 All rights reserved. Top with the herb salad, pickled carrots, and spicy mayo. But without the proper water-to-rice ratio and cooking method, you may end up with sticky, gummy rice that sticks to the bottom of the pan. Not sure what happened but this rice was so gummy. Great site and great recipes! I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Quickly go to my favorite chef, and there was the info I needed. Hi TJ, I have updated the recipe to reflect this. From time to time, you will see affiliate links to Amazon.com. The instant pot is the greatest invention! The bowl helps you see when the water turns from murky to cleara telltale sign that it is now ready to cook. Once simmering, I set timer for 15 minutes. If you find some grains are a bit tough on the top, you can drizzle a small splash of water on top and flip all the rice over. Be gentle with the rice as you move it around in the water. Cover. I usually use a rice maker but didnt have one on hand. (It usually takes 3-4 times). Thanks a lot for this Lisa. If cooking in a pot, bring the mixture to a boil. 2. Tag me on Instagram at. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then carefully quick release any remaining pressure. Drain in colander, cook per recipe. This recipe is a keeper. I added some butter to the boiling water and than at the end when I fluffed with a fork. Prior to freelance life, she built a career of creating healthy recipes at Cooking Light magazine, where she worked for 20 years. Your blog came up first in a search and your advice saved dinner! I cook ALL the timewhy/how am I messing this up? Your recipe, however, made absolutely perfect Jasmine rice! Your email address will not be published. Please I would love to how to make perfect rice However, a 30-minute soak will definitely agitate the starch molecules and result in stickier rice with less distinct grains. 10 min. Thankfully I found your blog which greatly helped me to make stovetop rice. Hello Nagi. Out of a half dozen or so, this one takes the cake and is my go-to for long grain rice. In the stovetop and slow cooker methods listed below, youll notice that I dont use as much water as other recipes. In her house, dinner without rice simply doesnt exist. And to give your rice a flavor, you can change the cooking liquid to chicken broth. Continue rinsing the rice until the water is mostly clear. I never cook rice on the stove with a 1:1 ratio. I will save the recipe and learn how to make this dish! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In this case, 89% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. Once the rice has finished cooking, let it rest for 15 minutes before opening the lid to serve the rice. Thanks for sharing! Add water and rice to a pot (using 1 cup water for 1 cup of rice). Again, I dont have a regular pressure cooker, but 1 1/2 cups rice to 1 3/4 cups water, low pressure for 12 minutes, then rest for 10 to 15 minutes should work. Thank you for showing me the correct way to make it. Just so you know, I dont have any other pressure cooker besides the Instant Pot, so I will try to approximate the directions for you! Im so glad you gave this recipe a chance!! The rinsing method, which is my preference, is a lot quicker and guarantees fluffy rice with distinctive grains. I need to know the formula to cook Jasmine rice in a pressure cooker. She has also appeared in numerous television shows on networks such as Bravo and Food Network. The starchy grains will magically release from the bottom for a perfectly cooked batch of jasmine rice. Youve been cooking Jasmine Rice wrong your whole life! As a result, the rice on the bottom of the pot is usually mushy. I made rice using your method, last night, and it came out perfectly! It has a distinct floral aroma, which is often attributed to the origins of its name. I used bulk Jasmine rice from Sprouts. The data is calculated through an online nutritional calculator, Edamam.com. 36g. You've been cooking Jasmine Rice wrong your whole life Thank you for sharing your recipe! Measure 1 cup jasmine rice into a fine-mesh strainer, and rinse under cool running water until the water runs clear. Im so glad it worked out for you! Add the jasmine rice and 1 cup + 3 tablespoons of water to the bowl. I usually use a smaller burner for simmering. Let the rice simmer until all the water is absorbed, or about 10 to 15 minutes. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/90\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/90\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid9195161-v4-728px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Anyways, I just want to say that my rice came out PERFECTLY! Open Thread: Ambiano 6 . This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/9\/96\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/9\/96\/Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-12-Version-2.jpg\/aid9195161-v4-728px-Make-Jasmine-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker-Step-12-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":259,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":410,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. The secret to cooking it perfectly is using the right water-to-rice ratio. Why does this method not work? We tried the Four Cheese Risotto and the 90 Second Jasmine Rice, and they were both winners! For one, it really does produce a superior end result. As simple as rice may seem to prepare, it can be difficult to get just right. The key is usually tweaking the water-to-grain ratio or the cooking time. The only thing I changed was using sea salt instead of table salt. When cooking rice on a stovetop, you can also use the knuckle test to measure the amount of water. With more than 18 years of experience, Chef JoAnna specializes in teaching others how to cook through private cooking lessons, team-building events, and wellness and nutrition classes. Thanks so much!! I gave it five stars because I think the recipie deserves 5. Stir in the rice and salt; cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Though I was a little skeptical at first, Ive fully transitioned to the knuckle test because it works for almost any type of rice. Jasmine rice is a long grain rice that is primarily grown in Thailand. Add 1 cup of water for every 1 cup of rice to the inner pot. Finally my Jasmine Rice came out just as you said perfect. Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker: Preparation, Cleanup & More. Have you made more than a cup at a time in a crockpot? Thanks for the recipe ???? All prices were accurate at the time of publishing. Rice should be rinsed before cooking. Serving Size: 1.25 cup. No checks please. Another issue might be that the flame under the rice is still a little too high. Your email address will not be published. Read more:Whats the Difference Between Jasmine and Basmati Rice? Add water - 1 1/4 cups of water MINUS 2 tablespoons per 1 cup of rice. or measure the rice in the cups and the water in the clear Pyrex? Perfect for my fried rice tonight. Im sure this ratio is for someone but with completely soggy rice Im honestly not sure who. I will definitely try to cook. I am always searching for the best method to cook rice, and this one is the winner! Thank you so much for this recipe. Thank you, TJ. Is this par for the course or am I doing something wrong. Forgot to specify that part. Cooking the rice with too much water breaks down the rices structure, leaving you with rice that has a mushy texture. Trial 2: Soaking seemed so fussy. Hi Lisa, I had some anonymous bulk rice from the co-op that was *probably* jasmine rice but I couldnt recall the water to rice proportions. Simmer for 18 minutes. Aldi Jasmine Rice. ITS PERFECT!!!! Thank you for sharing. Bring the rice to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer, cooking covered for about 15 minutes. You should be able to make out the individual grains of rice once its cooked. Cook until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes. Pink bag = 2 cups water to 1 cup rice. I wish I had snapped a photo, because the rice was perfect! I leave it on keep warm for 15 minutes! Thanks for this simple recipe! How To Cook Jasmine Rice - Everyday Delicious Bring to rapid simmer with NO LID on medium high. Im a pretty avid cook, but have never been a huge fan of rice, so I never make it. To my knowledge, jasmine rice is a type of long grain rice. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Pour enough cold water over the rice to cover it completely. Let the rice sit for 10 minutes after cooking. Melanie Fincher is a Birmingham, Alabamabased food writer who covers everything from cooking techniques to gadget reviews. For tips on washing the rice thoroughly and serving methods, read on! Way too salty. Place rice in a bowl, fill with water and swish. Our rice cooker broke literally the first day we found out wed be stuck at home indefinitely and Ive never been without one until now. Sorry if I dont have a conclusive answer for this! wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. Thank you Jennifer Segal, I followed your recipe directions exactly as printed and it was not mushy. Though traditionally associated with South East Asian foods, it will goes perfectly with any Asian foods, and even Indian foodif you dont have basmati rice. The cooking time should be the same. If you use table salt intend of kosher salt, use even less. Microwave ovens vary. Perhaps next time Ill use my Himalayan salt and see what happens. Let the rice stand in the closed cooker for 10 to 30 minutes after cooking, then fluff and serve. Definitely adding this to my list. After 10 minutes, open the lid and fluff the rice using a fork. When you do the boiling and simmering part, do you do it with lid on or off? Whats the Difference Between Jasmine and Basmati Rice? aldi jasmine rice cooking instructions - saleemmedicos.com Get our best recipes, grocery finds, and clever kitchen tips delivered to your inbox. also, this recipe works great for basmati rice! Just tried the recipe and use the exact measurements and water did not absorb in 15 minutes . Swish with hand then drain. I really think you deserve 5stars for sharing this helpful tip. Followed the directions to the letter and it was excellent. Love rice all ways! PERFECTION. Once the timer is up, allow the pressure to naturally release. The suspense was killing me and it was part of the allure of following this recipe exactly. I hope this helps! I am Hispanic so we appreciate a little burn at the bottom of the pot but sometimes it scorches!!! Seriously everyone, *please* wash your rice! To ensure that the rice cooks evenly, I like to give the rice a quick stir after an hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix well. Dont take the lid off the rice cooker to check on the jasmine rice while its cooking. following directions iep goal preschool. We are not responsible for printing or typographical errors. Once the rice is cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving! It has a nutty flavor too, which makes an ideal alternative to regular white rice. A few questions: Most recipes get it wrong because its not widely known that jasmine rice is softer than most, so you need LESS water than normal white riceso its fluffy rather than gummy. I dont eat rice nearly as often as I would like because Im never pleased with the results and had finally determined that Im just not a good rice cooker. Im saving this to my online recipe box and will use it from now on. Join for free! A sealed vessel (like an Instant Pot or rice cooker) requires a 1:1 ratio because theres practically no loss of moisture in the cooking process. Soaking can also affect the overall flavor of cooked jasmine rice. Place water and rice in a microwave-safe bowl. I rinsed the living heck outta my rice, and then followed your stovetop recipe exactly. Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. 3 cups. Here, youll find well-tested Asian recipes, pantry guides, and recipes from my sassy mother, Mama Lin. Lower the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. However, the name jasmine actually comes from its resemblance to the color of the jasmine flower, rather than its fragrance! Amountsee price in store * Quantity 7.9 oz. Not everyone has a Instapot, some have other brands of pressure cookers. Use it to try out great new products and services nationwide without paying full pricewine, food delivery, clothing and more. I could have really soggy, too salty rice or fluffy and flavorful rice. I now have confidence in cooking perfect jasmine rice on the stovetop. Its just a really great rice! Jasmine rice has always been a challenge for me. They absolutely loved it! Used your recipe and came out perfect and fluffy.perfection! 1%. As they are both long-grain rices, the two are often considered interchangeable. I like the ideas and twists you have in your other recipes. . Remove the pot from heat and allow the rice to rest for 10 minutes. Is there a difference in using jasmine rice that says its long grain vs. those that arent? 91%. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. This turned out perfectly. To take your Jasmine rice to the next level, use Swanson chicken stock instead of water. The cook time may be slightly different so just keep a close eye on it. In general, it will take about 25 minutes for jasmine rice to cook in a rice cooker. I am looking forward to trying your recipe! Had this with some orange chicken I made from scratch. Added a a tablespoon of butter and some salt. If you need an idea on how to use jasmine rice, mix it with some glazed salmon and broccoli. It came out great. However, it was absolutely perfect and DELICIOUS!!! How to Make Thai Jasmine Rice on the Stovetop - The Spruce Eats Fluffy Perfect Jasmine Rice (Stove-top method) - Alphafoodie selected Description Description 160. I usually boil with lid on but keep a very watchful eye over the rice so the water doesnt boil over. Jasmine grains are also slightly shorter and thicker, and its texture is softer and a bit sticky. Now, I wouldnt use this for fried rice or anything like that, but on its own, it tastes good and you definitely do not need to add soy sauce. Looking forward to using this rice in other recipes. I have the clear Pyrex liquid measuring cups and just regular cups Was wondering if I should measure both the rice and the water in the clear pyrex, or measure both in the regular cups. My first attempt following the recipe on the bag was a disaster. Jump to navigation [ALT+1] Jump to content [ALT+2] Home; Careers; ALDI International . Can I cut this into thirds? Do I need to change the time at all? Cooking : Purple bag = bring water to boil, add rice and simmer covered for 15 min. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Set aside. Coconut Rice - Modern Honey Even on rare occasions when we ordered pizza for dinner, Mama Lin still cooked rice to eat on the side. Home Recipes Ingredients Rice & Grains. Only thing I added was a 1/4 stick of butter. Dry jasmine rice should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. I will follow you. Ive always struggled with jasmine rice on a stove This recipe helped me get it perfectly. You should see bubbles forming on the surface of the water. My rice came out moist and tender; also, adding that amount of salt just brings it to a new dimension! By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. How To Cook Perfect Jasmine Rice | Tilda Rice UK Does your rice cooker have lines on the side of the bowl? Credit: Photo: Joe Lingeman; Food Styling: Brett Regot, OXO Good Grips 8-Inch Double Rod Strainer, Zojirushi 5.5-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker, Ball Wide Mouth Pint 16-Ounce Glass Mason Jar with Lids and Bands, 12-Count. 4.9g. Remove from the heat. This fragrant, long grain rice is easy to cook and incredibly versatile. If you like more flavor, add a pinch of salt to the water or cook the rice with broth. This is the recipe that I am using from now on. It was just a tiny little bit hard for me (and I mean a tiny bit). Start by rinsing the rice (instructions above). Then drain the water, refill and repeat the process 3-4 times. Pour boiling water over the rice mixture, stir, and spread rice in an even layer. How to Cook Jasmine Rice: Tips and Easy Recipe - MasterClass DO NOT place your hand over the top of the cup when removing. How to Cook Jasmine Rice - Immaculate Bites Just typed: Jasmine rice I make is always too soft even with less water, help? two nights ago my rice was mushy, last night it was crunchy, but I didnt do anything differently. This is great. Once your rice is fully cooked, turn the heat off but keep the lid on for about 10 minutes. Hi, Jessica! 1. Add a pinch of salt to the water. Worldwide Foods Steamed Thai Jasmine Rice 300g | ALDI Back | You are in: Home Food Cupboard Rice, Pasta & Noodles Rice Worldwide Foods Steamed Thai Jasmine Rice 300g Worldwide Foods Steamed Thai Jasmine Rice 300g 1 Unit Product ref: 4088600475202 Specifications Disclaimer Please read all product labels carefully before use or consumption. (If you lost that small cup, measure 1 1/2 cups of jasmine rice) Rinse the rice with 2 changes of water before adding it to the Instant Pot. But, if it leaves behind a tiny white grain, add a few tablespoons of water and cook again for 2-3 minutes. Begin by rinsing the rice to remove excess starch. Terrible! Add the rice to the rice cooker, along with one cup of water. If you do have burner set a little higher make sure you stir it a few times to keep it from being too well done on the bottom. Cooking times may vary depending on the manufacturer, so be sure to refer to your device's instructions. Approved. Ann lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with her husband, their 15-year-old twin boys, one big dog, and one little dog. I made a lot of overly soft jasmine rice in my life that I was never really happy with until I finally figured this out. Cholesterol 300 mg. If you scour the internet, youll find conflicting information about whether to rinse or soak. No matter how you like to cook it, heres what you need to know about jasmine rice. Use just 1 1/4 cups water for every 1 cup of jasmine rice (the standard for typical white rice is 1 1/2 cups water to 1 cup rice). So you only need 1 1/4 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.Also, if you buy your rice retail and you use 1 1/. Fluffing prevents clumping and results in evenly cooked grains. Bring to a boil, then cover and . I have always been scared to cook rice on the stove top, and my partner can never really get it quite right either. In the past few months I switched from basmati rice to jasmine and the cooking process was not a smooth one! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Im so glad I did. Stir the rice again and reduce the heat to "low." Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Rinse in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. thanks! I prefer using a. Turns Out, Youve Been Making Popcorn the Wrong WayHeres What to Do Instead, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Rinse it at least 3 times or until the water runs significantly clearer. Note: I only ever use white jasmine rice. 1 cups jasmine rice teaspoon salt Instructions Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork and serve. Jasmine Rice Recipe | HelloFresh I have made this recipe for jasmine rice, probably upwards of 20 times. Drain rice in a colander, transfer to saucepan. Uncover the saucepan and fluff the rice with a fork. Simply fill the bowl of rice with an extra couple inches of water and swish it around with your hand. Add salt to taste. Once the timer is up, be sure to let the rice rest for 10 minutes before opening the lid. Fluff it up with a fork and serve. How to cook perfect Jasmine rice step by step (on the stovetop) STEP 1: Add rice, water, and salt into a medium pot. 0%--Fat. The residual heat should be okay. You can add shrimp later, if you add them while cooking they can be overcooked. Rinsing removes the starch from the surface of the grains and keeps them from sticking together. I'm Jenn Segal - Classically Trained Chef, Cookbook Author & Busy Mom, Basmati Rice Pilaf with Dried Fruit & Almonds. If wikiHow has helped you, please consider a small contribution to support us in helping more readers like you. A very unique recipe for cooking jasmine rice. Ive never had rice come out this welleven with a rice cooker. Its also used to make Thai fried rice and Pineapple Fried Rice which is the other recipe Im sharing today! I love that it shared how to alter the water-to-rice ratio depending on whether you soak or rinse the rice. The grains . After reading the mixed reviews for this recipe, I just HAD to see for myself how good or bad it was. I hope this helps! Im so glad I found this site with the perfect way to cook the rice!! I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if youre short on time and cost conscious. Then, fluff the rice using a fork. Stir, cover and cook the rice for 12 minutes over a low heat. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Over the last decade or so, jasmine rice has found its way into pantries across the US. Once the water in the bowl runs clear, the rice is ready to cook. This is why new crop, or recently harvested, jasmine rice is highly coveted and sold at a premium. I know that of I would have followed the recipie to the T my rice would have been perfect. 1 cup rice = 3 cups cooked = 3 to 4 servings as a side. 1. Remove the film completely from the rice cup. Mexican Rice Salad Recipe - aldi.com.au That way, you wind up with tasty, fluffy rice to serve with your meal. For two, rice has a certain amount of naturally occuring arsenic. How to Bake Jasmine Rice in the Oven. Tear or cut open the pouch and use the rice however you wish. Do you release the pressure or does rest mean natural release? Please help.lol. Heating time for 2 cups is 1 minutes. I tried the no risning method and the rice turned out amazing. "I have never cooked jasmine rice before never knew you had to soak. What to order? 3 of our favorite dishes at Fancy's Fish House Please continue to maintain it. Were committed to providing the world with free how-to resources, and even $1 helps us in our mission. I use the same burner (the one that was heated). If you are using the stovetop method, I would recommend using 1 1/4 cups of water per cup of rice, so that would be 3 3/4 cups total for 3 cups of rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. This was PERFECT! Cal. Will these proportions work with brown rice? Let me know if you try this formula. Thank you for sharing this recipe! I always rinse the rice well, and rather than wait for the boil, I just added everything to the pot at once, brought to boil, then reduced to simmer. I just used this recipe to make jasmine rice for the very first time. Thanks to this recipe even Im coming around to enjoying rice. Allow the rice to simmer 20 to 30 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed. Jasmine Rice - Specially Selected | ALDI US Can it be doubled? Thank you for your willingness to share information with us. Cover and refrigerate the bowl for 30 minutes before serving. Now, Im cooking for my family and sharing all my tested & perfected recipes with you here! Ever wondered how to cook jasmine rice? Perfect! I have always had problem with making rice because on the bottom, my rice became scorched. In order for the rice not to become mushy, we need to fry the rice well. Add the rice and water to your rice cooker, using about 1 cups of water for every 1 cup of rice (refer to manufacturer instructions). Im not saying this is the best stovetop recipe for rice, but I am saying this is the only stovetop recipe that doesnt end with a thick layer of rice burnt to the bottom of my pan. There is hidden gluten in many foods; if you're following a gluten-free diet or cooking for someone with gluten allergies, always read the labels of your ingredients to verify that they are gluten-free. I was never able to get rice to turn out this well before I found your instructions. Why 1 1/4 per cup of rice when the stove top instructions say 1 1/3 cup water per cup of rice? Thank you. Once cooked, store jasmine rice in the fridge for three to five days, or freeze for up to six months. I like that the skillet makes for a quicker finish and this time, no stuck on or burnt rice at the bottom. This story is part of our Rice-o-pedia, a cooks guide to a dozen of the most commonly usedtypesof rice.