"My husband is incredible, and he's going to be the prime carer during . This led to a lead role in Royal Caribbeans production of Hairspray, playing Link Larkin. For Chess, Alinta was honoured with a Green Room Award for Best Female Artist in a Supporting Role. 'They have been so supportive of me from the beginning, it was never an issue,' she said. In Australia, Keian has performed with Sydney Dance Company in Cacti and in Opera Australias King Roger, choreographed by Cathy Marston, and The Merry Widow and Turandot, choreographed by Graeme Murphy. Moulin Rouge! The Musical is a spectacular feast for the senses 2017-10-25T10:30:15+11:00 She appeared in the feature film The Sapphires, before being cast in the world tour of the ARIA-nominated show Velvet, as a featured vocalist alongside Marcia Hines. The Musical. ~wR(|^u^{(n+r` L~) &5?^\\xTy|wK(6Mystnt}'kw)d-E#K|~Nr especially hard for Chidzey: she has a seven-and-a-half-month-old baby, and rehearsing a show inside a protective quarantine bubble with . She also likes to run and play tennis to keep training interesting. Erin was over the moon, she cant wait :) Anonymous. He toured Australia in the cast of Disneys, and took over the title role for the Auckland and Singapore seasons. Belle Property St Kilda agent Julian Cannata had the listing. I was 17, 18-years old and I lived in Glebe in a Victorian terrace style of house while I was performing at the Sydney Lyric Theatre. 0000003267 00000 n Here's To The Ladies - Live Stream From MEMO | Memo Music Hall Alinta Chidzey, 37, was the casting directors' pick from more than 2,000 applications and 479 auditions to play the musical's tragic heroine, 'sparkling diamond' Satine, in Melbourne for the first time ever. Melbourne leading lady Alinta Chidzey is proof that mums can sing and dance after securing the prized role in Tony-nominated production, Moulin Rouge! She looks gorgeous and performs with a sweetness that is winning in its own way, but which isn't tough enough for the hardened Velma. Then you have the truly amazing voice of Alinta Chidzey who was impeccably cast as Mary Magdalene and she mirrored the original songs in pure holy harmony that channelled a heavenly bliss. Robbie Williams and band play intimate show at tiny Melbourne - news 2017-10-25T10:30:14+11:00 Moulin Rouge! Regent Theatre 191 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Des Flanagan and Alinta Chidzey star as Christian and Satine within the hit present, whereas Simon Burke plays Moulin Rouge impresario Harold Zidler. I was 17, 18-years old and I lived in Glebe in a Victorian terrace style of house while I was performing at the Sydney Lyric Theatre. I know she's pleased. . "My husband is incredible, and he's going to be the prime carer during this time. The 37-year-old performer (right, with her makeup artist) was the casting directors' pick of more than 2,000 applications and 479 auditions to play the musical's tragic heroine, 'sparkling diamond'. She needs to entice the Duke (played by . 'Derek fights on, it makes me fall in love with him all over again:' Kate Garraway reveals there are days French authorities fear 'narco-tourists' could flock to Normandy beaches after 'more than two tonnes of Hopes for cervical cancer vaccine after trials in mice showed it reduced tumours 80 per cent of the time. 0000001083 00000 n . Live theatre returns to Sydney after 100 days of lockdown 0000003732 00000 n Other theatre highlights include the title role in, (Griffin Theatre Co.), understudying STCs, , most recently performing as George in the, (Hayes Theatre Co.). Alinta Chidzey | Audio Length: 55:55 Flanagan is a revelation, charmingly sincere and graceful as the guileless lover. Chidzey played Satine, portrayed by Nicole Kidman in the Moulin Rouge movie, in the show's Melbourne run and is now appearing in the Sydney production. Geamparalele lui Haidim 10. Chidzey's daughter, Harley Rose, is almost one-month-old. Alinta Chidzey. She still doesn't know exactly when the show will open but hopes it will be in mid-November. 0000001902 00000 n Her theater work has gotten her a Green Room award for 'Best Female Artist in a Supporting Role' and an Australian . Alinta Chidzey gives Satine a bigger voice in Moulin Rouge! will also feature Simon Burke AO as Harold Zidler, Andrew Cook as The Duke, Tim Omaji as . Oscar Cainer tells all. Alinta Chidzey and Des Flanagan in character as Satine and Christian. Alinta Chidzey, Actress: Wentworth. The mother-of-one, who welcomed daughter Harley Rose in late March, will star opposite newcomer, Des Flanagan, as bohemian dreamer, Christian, and an all-Australian supporting cast of 32 performers. Wmfd Weather Closings, Swan Lake Depth Chart, Ontario Soccer Tournaments, Alinta Chidzey Moulin Rouge, Elisabetta Crispy Eggs, Is It Illegal To Speak Russian In Ukraine, White County Arkansas Accident Reports, Vons Weekly Ad, Mishra's Self Replicator, Kaela. Most recently, Emma worked alongside Baz Luhrmann and Kate Wormald as a featured dancer in the upcoming Elvis Presley film. The Musical. In 2021, he received a Sydney Theatre Award for Best Performance in a Supporting Role in an Independent Production for, at the New Theatre. Alinta Chidzey lends Satine all of the glamour she must justify [] . She has worked on various modelling campaigns, as well as TV and film productions, including, . Mom says her 11-month-old's hair is so long people ask if its a wig. And what better than to have a community of awesome proactive people to help each other out. Satine. CLOCKWISE Tim Omaji, Alinta Chidzey, Des Flanagan , Simon Burke, Ryan Gonzalez, Andy Cook CREDIT MICHELLE GRACE HUNDER . Moulin Rouge is dazzling, high-octane fun - Seesawmag When New York's iconic theatre strip shut its doors to slow the spread of coronavirus on March 12, 2020, they vowed to reopen in a month. The last thing you think of watching this show is some old bible tale. Our aim is to create an engaging and informative platform that supports an appreciation of artists and the Australian arts industry. Sibella Hallward, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, The Production Company, 2018. Adams feature film credits include Our Brand Is Crisis and PaperChampions. You'd be hard pressed to meet anyone who hasn't seen her in something. Moulin Rouge The Musical - Des Flanagan & Alinta Chidzey on Sunrise Each of the bedrooms has built-in wardrobes, while the bathroom features chic black tapware, a separate shower and built-in bath. She graduated from the Australian Dance Performance Institute (2013) with an Advanced Diploma of Musical Theatre. . The Musicalis playing at Melbournes Regent Theatre from August 13, 2021. Alinta Chidzey is an Australian actress, singer and songwriter. She talks about her love of living in Ripponlea and where he dream house is. June 22, 2022 . Alinta (She/Her) is one of Australia's most captivating leading ladies. David (He/Him) began his training at The Bev Palmer Dancers and graduated from the University of Ballarats Arts Academy in 2015 with a Bachelor of Arts (Music Theatre). For Chidzey, it's an incredibly exciting time in her life. 94-year-old Captain David Purvis served in Vietnam with the 4th/19th Prince of Wales's Light Horse Regiment after 15 years in the Army Reserve. The role of Moulin Rouge proprietor, Harold Zidler, will be filled by Simon Burke while the villainous Duke of Monroth is played by Andrew Cook. Alinta Chidzey (@alinta) Instagram photos and videos 0000054741 00000 n Her daughter is now 15 weeks old. The Musical lead Alinta Chidzey farewelling chic Ripponlea apartment - realestate.com.au, Do not sell or share my personal information. Her breakfast is usually a bowl of muesli with blueberries, banana and kefir yoghurt followed by chicken salad for lunch and a hearty dinner of seafood curry, ramen or pasta. 0 C12 LF9)L;2p0hqR|V v>F@*\Q  U{f Give 'em the old razzle dazzle. On Mother's Day, Sunday 10th May, MEMO Music Hall will host the unique concert, "Here's to the Ladies", a special event celebrating the great moments of Musical Theatre, sung by some of Melbourne's most celebrated leading ladies. 'It's certainly been a hard time for the industry but for me it was a strange blessing in that I was able to have a child.'. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Melbourne will be the only place in the world where Moulin Rouge can be seen when performances kick off in August. 20 / 30. Multitalented Adam-Jon Fiorentinos stage credits include starring as Bert in the Broadway production of Mary Poppins (New Amsterdam Theatre, New York), Young Ben in Londons West End in Follies (London Palladium), Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever (Apollo Victoria), Munoz in City of Angels (Life Like Company), Kassim in the Australian tour of Aladdin (Disney), Trevor Graydon in Thoroughly Modern Millie (The Production Company) and Valentin in the Melbourne Theatre Companys production of Kiss of the Spider Woman. She previously joined a number of the countrys top singers in Victorian OperasA Little Night Music,in the role of Petra. Chidzey said she stood out during auditions not only for her acting and singing skills, but also because she was 37 weeks pregnant with daughter Harley. Alinta is frequently asked to perform at special events and concerts includingtheMelbourne & Queensland Symphony Orchestras. MORE: Real Housewives of Melbourne star Gina Liano splashes $2m+ on Brighton pad, Embattled TV host James Corden reportedly looking to sell $15.3m LA home, Aussie home buyers budgets slashed by $300,000 in six months, new research reveals. What I loved about Glebe was the markets there and I would go every Saturday morning. . 1 Thessalonians 2 Explained, 1 0 obj <> endobj 2 0 obj <>stream Anita, West Side Story, Michael Brenner for BB Promotion GMBH, Howard Panter for Ambassador Theatre Group, Lunchbox Theatrical Productions, David Atkins Enterprises and . Sam (He/Him) is a graduate of the renowned Brent Street Studios, where he attained his Certificate IV in Performing Arts. 0000000676 00000 n The Musical. Alinta Chidzey as Satine, Des Flanagan as Christian and cast in Moulin Rouge! The Musical at age 18. She also created her own cabaret, Miss Vsquez Intimate & Live, with Darlinghurst Theatre Co. and was seen turning four chairs on The Voice (season 10), joining Team Jessica Mauboy. Adams feature film credits include, Natalie Foti has been following her love for performing since a young age. The comments below have not been moderated, By The . "It's been a long time coming!" The onstage bickering of happily married co-stars Browne and Whelan-Browne adds a delectable layer of subtext to the humour. In 2016, she made her musical theatre debut in Disneys Aladdin. Sign up for our mailing list! Alinta Chidzey. RELATED: Moulin Rouge! As Satine, the courtesan and "sparkling diamond" of the Moulin Rouge, Alinta Chidzey is phenomenal, her voice as pristine as the crystal-studded gown and song she enters on. Expat drops $1.95 million on old Erskineville post office unit conversion 0:0 Comments Goats milk from Down Under: Australian company secures . startxref Review: Chicago, Capitol Theatre, Sydney, . Musical theatre actress Alinta Chidzey has put her inner-city Melbourne apartment on the market with a $615,000-$640,000 price guide. Moulin Rouge! review - ridiculously entertaining Broadway hit opens She'll be reunited with I'm A Celebrity campmate Casey Donovan and friend Alinta Chidzey in the new production. In 2019, Kahlia released her debut EP, The First One, before embarking on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner as a production vocalist (Norwegian CreativeStudios).