Smooth pull and . This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Is the trigger tamer compatible for the m1 a3 NATO variant ? Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Ben Langlotz Thus was born the Trigger Tamer(TM)drop-in part, and AUG shooters will never be the same again. The ARID Trigger is not drop safe per Steyr AUS standards for drop testing. Steyr AUG Improved Trigger and Safety Combo | ARID Store Do you have any idea if this was a certain lot/batch or if something changed from a certain date moving forward? The trigger pull was the only part of a proper marksmanship picture that was missing for this gun. AUG and MSAR Trigger Improvements | David Bookstaber OK I get it. We are absolutely pleased with this design, and we're happy to finally offer it to the public.Disclaimer:The ARID Trigger is not drop safe per Steyr AUS standards for drop testing. Installation of the charging handle was actually pretty easy. JavaScript is disabled. and may require hand fitting to optimize. What I noticed - and did not like, at all - was the very clunky, long draw, sloppy snap of the trigger pull. The era of every best thing being from America has long passed if it ever even existed. Tavor or, Steyr Aug | Sniper's Hide Forum appearing within, are for informational and entertainment purposes only. Mine is storm trooper white with the factory scope. (adjustable). Removal of too much material from either the stock or trigger will simply result in an undersized type interface, where the trigger can then wiggle inside the stock.We will publish a video and downloadable info pamphlet to help the DIY approach, and do offer fitment/tuning services at our facility. Does this void the warranty on your Steyr? EmptorMaven Blog Archive Steyr AUG/A3 USA, EmptorMaven Blog Archive Kel-Tec RFB .308 Bullpup, EmptorMaven Blog Archive RAT WORX Hybrid Trigger Mod: The Best AUG Trigger. Add to Compare. The handle is a product made by and sold by Gear Head Works. Do you have plans to review the FS2000? I did multiple dry fires, and found the trigger pull had improved by almost 50%, to around 6 pounds a huge improvement. RAT WORX made the clever design decision to build this upgrade around a standard AR-15 trigger group, which they suggest will allow users to tap the extensive market for AR-15 parts to further customize it. The GHW's AUG FLEx cleverly replaces the factory take down slide and gives you a limited rotation QD socket. Your email address will not be published. Rat Worx 20/20 Precision Steyr AUG trigger sear warning H. Rept. 117-442 - ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2022 He was a hobbyist who had come up with a way that was different from my Trigger Tamer device to reduce the AUG trigger weight. Best combo I have hit on so far is 2020 sear with one hammer spring removed. The trigger now is smooth as silk, with absolutely ZERO creep whatsoever. The standard trigger pack applies 10 pounds of force against the Bolt Retaining Lock; the Trigger Tamer reduces this to no more than 5 pounds. 4oz over 10 pulls with a digital Lyman gauge. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Designed in house, this trigger module replaces the OEM Steyr AUG trigger, improving upon the original component functions. I am sure this is a great safety feature for Joe Troop, in the field . I saw those trigger packs they were selling in Steyr webpage and they were pricey! The materials Shown here @ TnSteyr Including any Part's show, episode, guest appearance, etc. While there is no change in the weight of the action springs the gun feels considerably easier to operate now. ", "It's Awesome! That's what it comes down to. I installed it in an AUG AR15mag stock upgrade, so I was able to keep an original trigger set up for comparison. I put trigger tamers in my augs when they were the only game around. It sounds like you are replacing the term Hammer Pack for the word Trigger Pack. Most peoples perceptions of what constitutes a bad trigger has to do with the tactile feedback theyre getting as they pull, the length of the pull, the amount of overtravel, etc. FWIW, I emphatically agree with you. This article explains, elegantly, the Neu-Trigger, Trigger Tamer and Rat Worx HTM trigger mods for the Steyr AUG (link at the bottom of the page for the Rat Worx product). Full Member. The Misophonia Trigger Tamer has a recorder and good sound editor built into it, but for the Visual Trigger Tamer, you will need to use other programs to record and edit your triggers. Click to expand. That looks worth investigating! That's the magic of a bullpup. They feel like youre dragging a hoe through railroad ballast, but theyre not heavy triggers. Great trigger pull on it tho. Dry Fired. I was dinging a 4-inch steel plate at 250 yards with my Aimpoint H1, no magnification needed. Do this at your own risk! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. What I noticed and did not like, at all was the very clunky, long draw, sloppy snap of the trigger pull. http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Tactical-Trigger-Unit-Single-Stage-Semi-Auto/productinfo/TR-TTU/. NOT drop safe, primary culprit being the trigger Tamer, his accomplice, the 2020. I love my aimpoints, but even going with 2MOA, my eyes make a bloom effect that nearly covers about half a 8 steel plate at 100 yards and completely obscure it at 200 yards. The hammer pack shown with the neu trigger installed is a MSAR pack, not an AUG pack. Many military rifles (inc. the Garand, M14/M1A, etc) tend to have triggers in the 9# region. I've tried other Augs with absolutely terrible triggers.Anyone else have this experience? The part doesn't appear to be the exact same or at least needed dimensions. When used in conjunction with a well known product, the AUG is capable of a 3 Lbs trigger. Until there is a more affordable and better option out there in will keep it! After taking it out to the range and seeing what reality became, I was even happier. The Steyr AUG looks so unique in part because it is a bullpup design, which means the trigger group is forward of the action and magazine. After a web search, I decided on the $60.00 Trigger Tamer, found at http://www.triggertamer.com/. Andthis unique devicehas received US Patent Number 7,165,352. It defines a Great Trigger. I will explain the origin of the AUGs bad trigger as well as steps that can be taken to improve it. Trigger weight measured a very consistent 6 pounds. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. Not so. In all seriousness, commie rifles arent as bad as you would think. I absolutely love my HTM trigger, but the lack of a bolt release pin notch does suck. Customize This: * * 20/20 Precision 20/20 Precision Trigger Sear Mod Fits Steyr AUG for sale from Rat Worx. I am VERY interested in the MDR. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. B2k4E: The new Ratworx hammer packs are not out yet so I don't know the price. I suppose you might also use the original pull weight if you were going on patrol through heavy brush, or in any other circumstance away from a controlled shooting range, or where the trigger might accidentally be contacted. On top of this, it took about 10 pounds of trigger pull to actuate the trigger. The hard part of hitting it..is actually seeing it after the white spray paint is blasted off of it and its just grey metal against whatever background 200 yards out. Made in the U.S. of A. #tnsteyr #steyraug #Aug Today's Video is about : The rat worxs 2020 Sear upgrade for your steyr AUG, this is compatible in all variants of the AUG. #aug #steyraug #ARID Today's Video is about :Armament Research & Industrial Design New STEYR AUG COMPONENTS Full install and technical walk through about ea. http://www.timneytriggers.com Shooters will feel quite a difference from the factory set pull. It is designed tofunction with Standard AND NATO pattern stocks, and may require hand fitting to optimize. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The KaWaTec AUG trigger is primarily a military and law enforcement (MLE) trigger with a clear trigger path and a selectable second stage by means of the 3-position safety. IMO a light trigger does not equal a good trigger, I disagree that anything not 5lbs or less is not a good trigger. I tried that but the benefit didnt seem to be as great as the sum of the parts. The Steyr drop safe test is destructive in nature, where the AUG rifle is loaded with a blank, dropped from prescribed height, OFF SAFE, onto the nose of the rifle,and expected to not fire. If you are . You control your treatment. Please contact us at anytime if you have questions or need assistance.WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. by doing a butt stock drop test. Finally got it back on the range. Dont forget about the CQC mod from PJS. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Members put money in, winner takes all. With this trigger I finally feel confident shooting my MSAR against standard AR-15s. Great for 50 yards all day long. It does work. The patent protection also explains how he can charge up to $60 for a cut piece of Delrin plastic. Not only does the The Trigger TamerTM drop-in partgive you an ideal-weight reduced trigger pull, but it also can be installed with the spring in the standard original notch. Does the actual trigger on our current MSAR's stay the same? what about 922r? It also seems to be a smoother pull.". In short it works. Or for precise shooting its two stage is pure heaven. That means an even smoother take-down action than before. The black stock is all polymer and includes the large, all-in-one trigger guard. However: I just noticed that they now offer a Precision Trigger Sear for $100. The lifetime guarantee covers the original owner and any subsequent purchasers. When ON SAFE, the trigger is physically prevented from travelling aft, and is therefore mechanically disconnected from the OEM pack, having no bearing on the sear if dropped on the butt of the rifle.ON SAFE, a Steyr AUG rifle with an ARID trigger will not perform differently from an OEM Trigger, combined with an OEM Trigger Pack.