Jeff Bradley shows off the Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR) from Christensen Arms at SHOT Show 2023. Gun Sights & Optics; Safety Supplies & Security Gear; Camping Gear; Fishing & Boating; New Categories; Buds Gifts & Home Decor; Hunting Gear; Ammo & Storage; Firearms; . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. This provides a reference point once you make fine-tuned adjustments. If you plan to be doing early morning or late evening shooting, you may lean towards a scope that offers the bigger objective lens diameter. Bushnell elite series is a nice scope for under $200. What are the advantages of open sights: Precise in medium to close range. For some gun guys, this quality of base will be the only design that will ever be good enough. For those who appreciate such nods to modernity in a timeless American form, the BLR resides in a class by itself. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. While it has great iron sights my eyes tell me I need to put a scope on it. Browning SA .22 rear sight removal TexAg56 15 subscribers Subscribe 9.4K views 8 years ago I couldn't figure out how to remove the rear sight on a Browning SA .22 so I could mount the. Replace, upgrade, and explore MGW's expansive line of Browning sights for many different pistols, rifles, and shotguns. Most of the red dots have 3 to 5 MOA dot and while that is fine for fast pickup of handgun targets it is too large for fine target shooting as it covers too much of the bullseye. How the scope fairs in different weather elements will be an important component to research. browning 308 for sale on GunsAmerica. Buy a browning 308 onl Machined from 7000 series aluminum alloy, they eliminate alignment problems and the possibilityof a loose connection between the base and ring. Ruger's multi-role small frame autoloading rifle - Sear - combines AR-10 power with AR-15 Portability. I wish there was an aperture rear sight that utilized the rear predrilled scope-mounting holes. Whatever range you shoot at, however, you should invest in a scope for your .270 rifle. I did mount Leupold scopes to both guns for this evaluation. Tactical Folding Flip Up Iron Sight Back Up Sights Set Front Rear Picatinny Rail. rear sight (2" MOUNTING HOLE SPACING), Browning BLR Rear Sight W/ Screws Original, BROWNING BLR REAR SIGHT BROWNING LEVER ACTION BELGIUM MADE, Browning BLR Rear Sight Elevation Adjusting Screw- New OEM, Browning BLR or BLR81 Rear Sight Elevation Screw only. Meet the all-new Taurus Judge Executive Grade, a revolver featuring a hand-polished satin finish, presentation-grade wood grips, a brass rod front sight and an exceptional hand-tuned trigger. To make it easier for you to choose one, we've assembled our recommendations for the best riflescopes for .270 Win. Manufactured to be a very good product for pretty much anybody, we're positive you are going to love the Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight . The lens are coated, bringing the throughput of brightness to 92%. Mag. I would think those would be very useable in the scenario your mentioning. Browning BLR White Gold Medallion Maple Rifle | Cabela's In the end, locating the scope that best represents you and your BLR and your plans for utilizing the weapon is key. browning blr rear sight for sale | eBay Scope or Red Dot for BL 22? | The Firearms Forum Find a local dealer Select Camo/Color: Select a size: No Size Selected This motivated the development of several new cartridges to work within new and existing lever actions. And in 1972, BLR production moved from Belgium to Mirokus facility in Japan. It is the Lightweight '81 Lever Action 20" Blued Barrel version. Integral aluminum base means lighter weight. It appears that you are accessing the Browning Website from outside North America. Thats not great when shooting from the prone, but when sitting, kneeling or standing, the BLR can be worked quickly for fast follow-on shots. Plug screws are a real time saver around the shop. Sep 10, 2003. First, theres the precision-glide erector system that uses premium pieces within the zoom lens to deliver extremely smooth transitions between different magnifications during all environment and weather situations. In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture: Most of my shots are between 30 and 50 yds with very few being over 75. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara stopped production of M14 rifles in 1964, which left TRWs new machines idle. Free shipping. You are probably only going to find hunting style sights. The main reason is the large size (diameter) of the dot. Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. Mag. Second Hand Focus: Browning BLR | Lever Action Rifle Reviews | Gun Mart The Nikon scope has a very versatile zoom range at 3-9x, which again would be totally suitable for BLRs caliber topns. A fixed power scope solved that issue. Write the First Review Q&A (6) Our Price: $54.99. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. Oct 20, 2007 #7 Browning Copyright 2013-2023 Skinner Sights LLC Browning BLR Rifle, Rear Sight Aperture, Beer Can Sight, part# 5290, B-364. I just bought a Browning BLR in .308 win. The production of the BLR lever action rifle began in 1969. A low-level magnification will be of the best assistance at close ranges and bumping up the magnification for further distances will be essential. Scope for Browning BLR | Firearms Talk Evolution Gun Works Browning B/BLR Long Action Gun Picatinny Rail Scope In low light I just can't find the front sight. WEAVER SEE-THRU MOUNTS | Brownells Browning 035528282 X-Bolt Stalker Long Range 6.5 Creedmoor 4+1 26 in MB Matte Black Matte Black Fixed Adjustable Comb Stock Right Hand (Full Size) Hinterland #: 154443 MFG #: 035528282 In stock $930.18 Add to Cart Add to Wish List Add to Compare 1 2 3 4 5 Next More About Browning Rifles Please enable Javascript and refresh the page for a safe, secure, and complete shopping experience at Midwest Gun Works. 7389 Lapeer Rd. Also, in many cases, it will not obstruct usage of factory iron sights. When you pick up any BLR, the first thing you notice is how well-balanced these rifles are. Needless to say, what works perfectly for a .22-250 BLR will likely not work nearly as well if your BLR is a 7mm Remington Magnum. Sight Adjustment - Browning Lightning BLR - Bev Fitchett's Guns Is There A Better Browning BLR Than The Lightweight '81 Takedown? Though these samples never broke an honest inch, certain loads averaged around 11/4 inches from 100 yards. However, Ive found that the current BLR is a still-capable rifle that stands up well to modern rivals thanks to smart engineering and loads of charm. As such, pay attention to the range that the scope offers. This causes the rear sight to move to the right. Browning BLR White Gold Medallion Maple Rifle | Bass Pro Shops Williams WGRS-BAR Guide Receiver Peep Sight Browning BAR BLR Aluminum There are plenty of red-dot sights to choose from. Would you like to visit Browning International? Serial Number beginning with 01001 at the start of each year. "I kind of like the Leupold VX-Hot. The arrangement of stacking rounds on top of each other allowed the rifle to safely function with pointed bullets. The Best 30mm Scope Rings -- Reviews 2023, The 4 Best Scope Covers Lens Cap Reviews 2023, The 4 Best Single Point Slings Reviews 2023, 40mm vs 50mm Scopes Which Are Better? yes another BLR vid and thats cause it my pride and joy :) just a video how my scopes are mounted with the ability to use the iron sights, its pretty unique set up. Let's consider barrel-mounted hunting sights first, such as found on vintage Browning, Winchester and Marlin lever guns, modern made replicas thereof and a vast array of other types of iron-sighted long guns. 800-333-3288 | 801-876-2711. Many offer easy adjustment for zero. . The guns overall length is 40 inches, and up to 45 inches if chambered in a longer cartridge such as the 7mm Rem. I came to like the flip-forward hammer feature and found it easy to use. Rifle Parts for Browning for sale | eBay 2) Buy a LH Zastava 9.3x62 from Tradeex Canada for $795. SPONSORED. These compact low profile sights are lightweight, strong and rustproof with positive windage and elevation locks. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. A list of modern browsers is below; simply click an icon to go to the browsers download page. This front sight is made of steel and features a blued finish with a brass bead. BROWNING-STYLE RINGS ARE AVAILABLE SEPARATELY. is stout to shoot. You will want durability and dependability to be on your side. Description: This Browning Model BLR is a lever action repeating rifle in .358 Win. The company was only too happy to help Browning build the new lever action. Choose Options; Sights, for Browning Hi-Power, Rear Black Carry, by Dawson Precision. Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight, Green/Red, 70239, Williams Gun Sight Browning BLR Rifle Firesight has been discontinued by Williams Gun Sight and is no longer available. I found that the BLR capably rivals many bolt actions, and Ill begin my justification by comparing weight and then size. It's got the bumped out magazines (no - I'm not selling one, so don't ask). RainMan_PNW. Finally, if you choose an online source to buy the best Browning BLR scopes, make sure the supplier has a money-back no-questions-asked policy (for example, Amazon provides free returns on almost all their scopes). Extra wide oval opening below the scope allows fast, unrestricted use of iron sights when you're too close to use a scope. The stainless barrel on this model is polished to a mirror finish, and the satin nickeled receiver is tastefully embellished with laser-engraved scrollwork. Since it will be nearly impossible to put a scope base that allows the use of the iron sights, I am thinking a low power scope. Kent. These sights come in a large variety to fulfill many needs. (Please see our FAQ and Front Sight pages for more info). Manufacturer: Miroku Firearms Mfg. The biggest thing that converted me to scopes is old age. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. If I were buying a BLR to scope, Id avoid scopes with an objective lens larger than 40mm. It was better suited for shooting bears across a canyon, which is ultimately what happened on that hunt. All Rights Reserved. Stocky's Owner Don Bitz walks David Faubion through the company's new rifle stocks for 2023. or .300 Win. Lighter rifle. BAR & BLR - Integrated Scope Mount System - Matte - Browning It is a 1 - 4 power. The things the OP is doing he can likely do with iron sights. (Mark Fingar photo). Nov 8, 2006. if you are not going to put the front sight back on, you can get two small plug screws to fill the holes. Ironsighter See-Thru For Browning Bar Auto/BLR Lever