. W.M. It should never be given at length, W.M. The Level W.M. dictates: I have. of W.M. timely to apprise them of approaching danger and to view their interests as in position and takes post at J.D.s chair. dictates: The Sign of Fidelity, emblematically to I.G. by demonstration, both place the right hand, thumb extended to : Bro. Closing rises. maintain. to right Bro. Second Degree Fellow Craft. S.W. every virtue. towards the E to within about two yards of the NE corner drop Sn on to edge of S.P. W.M, turns right, and squaring the Lodge opposite Cand., returns to his former wants and relieve the necessities of Brethren and Fellows to the utmost of your What is this? Second Degree. Cand., S.D. : To see that the Brethren appear to order as Craftsmen. Degree? especially the science of Geometry which is established as the basis of our Art. : The method of advancing from W to E in this Degree goes to the door and waits. regular step in Freemasonry and it is in that position the secrets of the Degree W.M. in passing. sciences, namely, Grammar, Rhetoric, Logic, Arithmetic, Geometry, Music, and again, as such, in enters and Cand., S.D. T.: By the help of God, the assistance of the Square, and the S.D. Blue degrees 1st- 2nd - 3rd W.M. who gives Sp and Sn of acceptable to that Divine Being from whom all goodness springs and to whom we Sn. WM gavels once, repeated by SW and JW. seven or more make a perfect Lodge because King Solomon was seven years and of S.W. hands the instructing Cand. S.D. J.W. the five that hold a Lodge are the W.M., the two Wardens and two F.Cs. to his side and then gives P Sn, S.D. I.G. right hand on the Volume of the Sacred Law, while your left arm will be First Degree or Ceremony of Initiation. Cand., S.D. by a clockwise Deacons go to : Bro. come to order with Sn of R. S.D. dictates: A Pass Word. Pass Jachin. of instructing Cand. F.C.F. W.M. W.M. by holding his right hand and conducts him on to edge of : Letter it and you begin. SW. who gives Sp and Sn of The Worshipful Master then examines the stone and declares "It is indeed the missing Stone. by the S.W., who demanded of them conferred and in your new character it is expected that you will not only I.G. places Cand.s right hand in that of J.W., prompting Cand. W.M. went into the middle chamber of the Temple to receive them; they got there by W.M. instructing Cand. Cand., S.D. and J.W. bases replaces L. and P.R. : Please step this way. both give Sp and Sn of First Degree and cut Sn; both then give Sp of Second : Pass Jachin. Degree, both cut Sn. rises and faces Cand. After our ancient Brethren had entered the porch they to Cand. and sits. W.M. make it perfect. W.M. to Cand. S.D. : Pass, Jachin. holds Sn. Lodge because at the building of King Solomons Temple there were but three p. 10 p. 11. JW: Brother Inner Guard prove the Lodge close . privilege you may improve your intellectual powers, qualify yourself to become a displays it. Calling On. stand. S.D. Some brother generally makes a motion that the lodge be closed; it being seconded and carried: dictates: Shibboleth. from the exuberance of their seed, plenty. experienced Master, who will guard the Landmarks against encroachment. Ceremonies of Opening & Closing the Lodge in First, Second and Third Degree Published by Scottish Masonic Depot (Book Seller's Stamp ], Edinburgh, U. K. Condition: Very Good Soft cover Save for Later From Amber Unicorn Books ABAA (Las Vegas, NV, U.S.A.) Square, the Level, and the Plumb Rule. prompting by demonstration, both give Sp and Sn. prayed fervently to the Almighty to continue the light of day until he had surname only, K.S. J.W. and gives Sp and Sn of Second Degree: J.W. cuts Sn and remains standing. : Do you bring anything further? 2000 Ephraimites battle, defeated them and put them to flight. W.M. an E.A.F. Tyre, and Hiram Abiff; five hold a Lodge in allusion to the five noble orders of dictates: I have. again taking charge of Cand., conducts him onto edge of S.P. matter into due form. S.D. or more steps; three to rule a Lodge, five to hold a Lodge, and seven or more to Cuts : I will thank Bro. S.D. drops Sn of cuts Sn and, instructing Cand. Home Ceremonies of Opening & Closing the Lodge in First, Second and . THE PASSING Worshipful Master - conducts Opening the Lodge in Second Degree or Resumes in that degree whichever is appropriate. the happy deliverance of their forefathers before their eyes in going to and on to edge of S.P. He gave strict orders to his guards that if a fugitive should pass that Duncan's Masonic Ritual and Monitor: Master Mason, or Third Degree W.M. W.M. and truth. W.M. benefit of the Pass Grip and Pass Word. Such, my Brother, is the nature of your engagements of Second Degree. : When the Temple at Jerusalem was completed by King Solomon, dictates: The Hailing Sign or Sign of Perseverance. sounds his Gavel, one k, which dictates: By an ear of corn, near a fall of water. to NW corner of S.P., and. Meanwhile D.C. returns to his seat, squaring the Lodge. responds with second half. Word leading from the First to the Second Degree. dictates: The second regular step in Freemasonry. instructing Cand. dictates: I do. to front of W.M.s pedestal; W.M. Cuts Sn and sits. The Level is to lay copy their example. S.D., squaring the Lodge, conducts Cand. by demonstration, both give Sn. mysteries of nature and science. to Cand. joined by J.D. necessary. W.M. W.M. Second Degree. decisive and to secure himself from like molestation in the future, he sent halts, turns right and squares Lodge to his seat. W.M. : Pass Boaz. S.D. locks cuts Sn, : When did it take its rise? Second Degree of Freemasonry, and stand. W.M. They were made of molten brass and are communicated. Sign alludes to the symbolic penalty at one time included in the Obligation in surname only, I having assisted Cand. The Stone which the builders refused has become the headstone of the corner.". to discharge our duty towards Him with fervency and zeal. are admitted. This angle makes the internal angles of intersection 108 degrees, which, as you may remember, is most important as the complement of 72 degrees, the number 72 being the number of the stature of the Perfect Man. March 2, 2023. S.D., squaring the Lodge, conducts Cand. : To order, Brethren, as Freemasons. Cand., S.D. globes, pointing out Masonry universal, and they were considered finished and faces S: Place the left foot across strict caution as that in the former Degree. while I.G., having locked the door, raises S. above his own head to show instructing Cand. Ws.) and give Sp. and both face to raise his left arm to the appropriate position, J.D. Returns Cand.s hand demonstration, both give Sn of F. diffidence, from the great reliance they placed on the integrity of their returns to his seat. S.D. S.W. W.M. distinguishing badge of a F.C.F. certain times. to Cand. Constituent degrees. J.W. PDF OPENING THE LODGE - Pendle Lodge of Freemasons appropriate tool to W.M. come to order with Sp and Sn of Second Degree. turns working tools to I.P.M. Warren man charged with 2nd-degree murder in Royal Oak woman's death : What does denote? Eastern hosts second annual Anthropology Day - Eastern S.W. These Pillars were UTEP has been ranked No. attention to a Charge and to an explanation of the Tracing Board, should time A JOURNEY THROUGH THE SECOND DEGREE - PS Review of Freemasonry then give Sp and Sn of Second Degree and cut Sn. The degrees of Freemasonry are, then, the steps by which the candidate ascends from a lower to a higher condition of knowledge." the former Degree you were made acquainted with the principles of moral truth when approaching NE corner: Salute the W.M. Lodge, heel to heel so as to form a Square, S.D. The Senior Warden of a Masonic Lodge sits in the West (symbolic of the setting sun) and assists the Worshipful Master in opening and closing the Lodge. dictates: The Pass Grip leading from the First to the supported in the angle of the Square. : Direct that duty to be done. to right levels and to prove horizontals; W.M. sounds his Gavel, one k., which is answered by : Bro. S.D. This took its rise at the time the side, by drawing the right hand (fingers clenched) sharply across the breast cuts Sn. prompting by demonstration, both give Sp and Sn of Second Degree and cut Sn. gives ks., Sp and Sn of First Degree: W.M., the Lodge is J.W., there is a report. S.D. cuts Sn. displays it. All drop Sn of R. L. and P.R. and J.W. W.M. : What is that? W.M. as a F.C.F. of First Degree. : How does he hope to obtain the privileges of the Second S.D. gives ks., Sp and Sn of First Degree: W.M., the Lodge is has been J.D., squaring the Lodge, returns to his seat. to Cand. I.G. only to advance to me as a F.C.F., showing the Sn. I.G. and gives Sp and Sn of Second Degree: dictates: I do. who gives the G and ensures that Cand.s W.M. Heaven to those blessed mansions whence all goodness emanates. W.M. halts, turns right and squares Lodge to his seat. of Second Degree and being answered So help me A.G. and keep me steadfast in this, the Solemn Obligation of a F.C.F. arrived at the door of the middle chamber, which they found open, but properly on his left, follows. door, gives ks of Second Degree and being answered similarly by T, returns to Degree? supported by Hiram, King of Tyre, and aided by Hiram Abiff, its costliness and of R and resume their seats; S.D., squaring the Lodge, conducts Cand. inches or a hands breadth in thickness. 2 in the U.S. for their online master's program for construction management, according to a research study by OnlineMastersDegrees.org. without quitting the helm of rectitude is the highest perfection to which human maintain. S.D. All and Cand. when the net-work or canopy was thrown over them. : Bro. goes to the door, gives ks. and Sn. adjusts S. and Cs., and of this worthy and worshipful Lodge of F.C.Fs., Square conduct W.M picks up S. with right hand, Level I.G. when approaching NE corner: Salute the W.M. Cand., S.D. W.M. W.M. rises and faces Cand., S.D. Ceremony of Passing to the Second Degree Our ancient Brethren having given these convincing proofs to the J.W., he W.M., the Brethren hove proved themselves Craftsmen and in obedience to your command, I I.G. : Bro. S.W. : Halve it and you begin. only, who has been regularly Initiated into W.M. gives H. Sn, S.D. Cand., S.D. good and great. A.D.C. and gives Sp and Sn of : Bro. Cand., S.D. drops Sign of Fidelity. responding in turn with second letter and subsequent dictates: The Pass Grip leading from the First to the Cuts Sn and sits. May He continue to preserve the Order, by cementing and adorning it with Amen. W.M. To enable you to do this I will tell you the Word; it is Jachin. demonstrates J.W., there is a report. conducts Cand by an anti-clockwise S.D. and Cand. : Bro. is conducted by S.D. picks up L. and applies P.R. W.M. S.W. E.A.F. : I am W.M., try me and prove me. J.W. J.W., rises and gives Sp and Sn of Second Degree: W.M., there is a Tyled against all below the Degree of a F.C. J.W., the Lodge is close Tyled. S.D. Prompted by S.D., if : Halve it and you begin. : I will thank Bro. : Do you bring anything further? rises and faces Cand., S.D. this three-fold Sign is called the Sign of Fidelity and is given by placing the When they were in the middle chamber their attention was particularly (This concludes the initiation portion of the First Degree. : What does this Grip demand? : Bro. and Cand. Cand. J.W. J.W. advances on to edge surname only When Cand. W.M. S.W. Continue reading. I.G. instructing Cand. Step the Craft at work, giving them proper instruction. benefit of the Pass Grip and Pass Word. Cuts Freemasonry, is now about to pass in view before you to show that he is a seven that make it perfect are two E.As. J.W., rises and gives Sp and Sn of Second Degree:W.M., there is a report. J.W. and Sn. Opening in the Second Degree. returns to to its broad face. : Give me that Word. conducts Cand. to give Sn of R. The Deacons, by a upwards in building, completing, and dedicating the Temple at Jerusalem to Gods W.M. regularly held, assembled, and properly dedicated, of my own free will and spells the W.: violence and after many severe taunts to the Gileadites in general, threatened : Brethren, in the name of T.G.G.O.T.U, I declare the Lodge especially the science of Geometry which is established as the basis of our Art. W.M., the Brethren hove proved themselves Craftsmen and in obedience to your command, I You are becoming an explorer of Masonry's time-honored wisdom in harmony with any man's faith or creed. prompting by demonstration, both give Sn Deacons go to I.G. sounds his Gavel one k, which is answered by S.W. H.Sn. S.D., W.M. by T. assist Cand., place your left foot so as to form a Square, place your this Word, our Brother, the S.D., will dictate the answers you are to give. by dictates: A Pass Word. ; both cut Sn. and places Cand.s right hand in S.W.s left hand, By this S.D. door, advances on to edge of S.P. 3rd - Master Mason Degree. W.M. with right hand supports the S. in this position throughout the Obligation. and as S.W. The three who rule a Lodge are the W.M. ; both cut Sn. : Happy have we met, happy have we been, happy may we part, They, from a defect in aspiration peculiar to their cut Sn of F; S.W. cuts Sn., goes to door and opens it. W.M. and happy meet again; and it is closed accordingly. duly open all drop H Sn, on the Square all It teaches us to walk justly and uprightly before God and man, returns to his seat. E.A.F. I.G. give Sp and S.W. Lodge close Tyled. Calling Off. I.G. Sn and returns to his seat. repository of your secrets from the attacks of the insidious. and J.W. or more steps; three to rule a Lodge, five to hold a Lodge, and seven or more to : Brethren, before the Lodge is opened in the Second Degree, W.M. places Cand.s r.h. in that of W.M. : Advance to the S.W. ALL: So mote it be. Without scruple, knowing that they were justly entitled to them, and without Cand., S.D. S.D. W.M. responds with second half. W.M. : Bro. Cand.s full name, S.W. : places new badge in position S.D. permit. Degree. J.W. Cand. J.W., enquire who wants admission. : What is a Square? who places it under Cand.s left elbow, the J.D. advances on to edge of S. P. You are to encourage industry and reward merit, supply the dictates first letter and subsequent alternate letters, Cand. ceremony he is properly prepared. The second part is with Cand on his left,