Since youre still waiting to see whether the parcel will reach you, you should hold off with filing a claim. The buyer has not received the parcel and requires a refund. Consider adding insurance so that youre covered if the item is lost in transit. When stating your handling time, make sure its something you can manage. Your agent is the reshipper. If you can't find your parcel, you should check with the supervisor at the post office where the package was delivered, or call 1.800.ASK.USPS". In order to be protected, tracking must be from one the shipping carriers integrated with eBay and must include the date you shipped the item, the date it was delivered, and the address it was delivered to. Delivered to the agent for the final delivery hi There are several items I bought from eBay, and all the packages have the same text delivered to the agent for final delivery (stuck on it). We can help you get refunds from any delivery service or company you purchased from, and we can also digest any seller's return policy so that you can both send the product back and get a refund! I called ebay and the automated system closed the case in my favor. document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location)); Items can be in customs for a few days or a few weeks..International packages can take up to six weeks to be delivered. Find out what to do if your item hasnt arrived by the estimated delivery date. If you have any other questions about USPS, please ask them using the comment form below and Ill be happy to respond. Below we run through exactly what this tracking message Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery means, who these agents are, why they are being handed to these agents, and what you need to do to actually get your package at the end of the day. Payment disputes can take the form of a chargeback or other type of dispute. Sellers talk about the importance that choosing the right shipping service, Oh, Ship! If eBay steps in to help, you will no longer be able to issue a refund. ago Delivered to agent just means it was handed off to someone authorized to take a package for the recipient. Use our app to do any of the following and more: We have helped over 300,000 people with their problems. Finally, consider signing up for USPS informed delivery service. eBay Community Buying & Selling Shipping USPS Tracking- Delivered To Agent Options Subscribe to RSS Feed Mark Topic as New Mark Topic as Read Float this Topic for Current User Bookmark Subscribe Mute Printer Friendly Page USPS Tracking- Delivered To Agent Go to Best Answer stuff4divas Rockstar (7291feedbacks) View listings Options Refunds are typically available within 3-5 business days. Additionally, it may be a good idea to contact the person or company that shipped the package to you. The USPS driver states that they delivered it to themselves. I will call usps in the morning but just wondering if someone knows. [CDATA[ Now it is clear that the parcel is not misplaced; it is just handed over to some safe hands so that you can easily collect them from the agent without much hassle. Most commonly, this is someone who lives at or works at the establishment where the package is being dropped off. If it requires a signature, the item isn't being left if I can't physically put it in somebody's hands that live there. 500+ business, marketing, and personal development lessons. Not many tracking information updates are going to be as confusing as being told that your package was delivered to an agent for final delivery. If a USPS driver attempts to make a delivery, but youre not present to receive the package, they will ask someone to take the package on your behalfusually an authorized person or a family member. Unfortunately, USPS does not check the identities of the people they hand the package off to, and this information will not be available on the tracking page. Required fields are marked. My package was out for delivery and shows it arrived at the unit today then it was delivered to an agent 4 hours later. That way, you can be sure that youre able to receive your package safely, and prevent this from happening again in the future if you wish to do so. Once the issue is resolved, the hold is lifted and you'll receive your funds in your next scheduled payout. In order to be protected, tracking must be from one the shipping carriers integrated with eBay and must include the date you shipped the item, the date it was delivered, and the address it was delivered to. The tricky thing with this update is that it never really says who your agent that the package was delivered to actually is, which makes tracking them down a little bit of a challenge if they dont first reach out to you instead. I suspect, this is exactly what happened. The label had nothing to do with global. Check out the songs that made the Spotify Packing Playlist! , Stock up now on essential shipping supplies for the holiday season and beyond.. respond to the case with the tracking number, it should close in your favor. Our guides below will help answer any questions you might have about shipping on eBay. Clearly, I can't do anything in person to resolve the issue. Find It In Seconds! Social Followers18.7kFansFacebook20.8kFollowersTwitter1.8kFollowersInstagram636SubscribersYouTube112FollowersLinkedIn136QuoraLove Counter. if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); Therefore, you should refer to the list mentioned earlier as a good place to start. Still, if you want to be 100% certain that this situation isnt ever going to plague you, its a good idea to consider signing up for a US Global Mail account. Waiting for your USPS package to arrive can get inconvenient easily, especially when it takes longer than anticipated. I'm an overseas customer and sometimes buy goods from eBay using a forwarder service.Recently, I had a very frustrating experience: my package didn't reach the warehouse. Try it free. However, you may consider trying out the following to ensure that youre able to get your package as quickly as possible or receive a reimbursement if the package truly is lost. This is a University that accepted the delivery. He was complaining that a lot of his packages would go to the GSP center. If they misplace a package, there's not a thing USPS can do about it, and eBay sellers are protected because you directed it to be shipped to a third party. Unfortunately, the answer is it depends.. Find out what to do if you need to change the address your item is being shipped to. Some examples of agents may include parcel locker services, concierge, and front desk. On January 20th, an eBay moderator shared in a post on thread the following update from the Policy team: "eBay policy has been updated to consider "Delivered to Agent for Final Delivery," as delivered. You have up to 30 calendar days after the estimated delivery date has passed to report that an item hasn't arrived. How to use your eBay earnings to purchase shipping labels. And, I would NOT refund yet. Get mail from all your homes and business(es) or both in the same app. The authorized agent is almost always going to be someone that lives at your home, someone that brings your package in for you, and someone that leaves it inside the house for you to open up when you get there. Now I can't be sure that some "agent" won't just steal my package. Indianapolis 46241 is the Post Office near the airport, and Linton 47441 is a small town 80 miles to the Southwest. What now? Consider Signing Up For USPS Informed Delivery. Will you be reimbursed for the lost or stolen package? '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? Youll find information on whether the buyer is requesting a refund or would prefer to still receive the item. Try it free. In these situations, though, the USPS specifically look for ways to deliver your package to authorized agents. I wonder how many people I will have to explain this to. Read more below. Our address is Linton Indiana","The postal service claims that the shipping label stated, Indianapolis, Indiana.". Everything you need to know about buying from international sellers and the benefits of eBay International Shipping and theGlobal Shipping Program. A strong shipping strategy is key for a successful holiday. USPS stated the shipping label on my order was Indianapolis Indiana. I hope Etsy will be on my side, although I have great doubts about the success of the case. In some very rare circumstances, though, you may be dealing with someone that acted as an authorized agent to receive a package for you that wasnt authorized to do so at all. Here's what to do: Dial 1-800-222-1811. Heres how the process works once you subscribe to DoNotPay: Once you complete these steps, DoNotPay will send your claim, and youre done! If you've changed your mind about an item you bought or there's something wrong with it, you can request a return. We help you find out where your USPS lost package is and how to track it! There was a buyer awhile back who lived in Ehrlenger. lives in melbourn ky and that is what is on the label. How To Deal With a UPS Damaged Package Without Losing Your Temper, USPS Damaged a Package From eBayHow To Solve the Issue Stress-Free, Reporting a DHL Lost Package the Easy Way. Receive notifications for tracking updates. I called usps and they said it would be delivered today and said the tracking info was wrong, the info would be updated to the correct info. In the email you received telling you the buyers issue, select See request details. If your local post office claims that they cant help you or you need to escalate things further, you may consider contacting USPS directly. An agent refers to whoever receives the package, but it doesn't only have to be an authorized person. What Does Delivered to an Agent Mean (USPS)? (2023 Guide) We are not affiliated with or endorsed by any company unless otherwise noted, nor do we speak in any official capacity on behalf of any third-party. You'll find the delivery details for an item, such as shipping charges and the estimated delivery date, in the Shipping and payments section of the listing. Your item may still be in transit. Type in your tracking number. Remember, this package (after this message pops up) has been handed off to someone that doesnt work for the USPS (as a general rule) and isnt going to have the tools or technology necessary to update your tracking information moving forward. Alternatively, you may wish to try out some of the other tips instead. Deposit bank checks virtually with the click of a button. "I've reported the issue multiple times, but I'm wondering if others here are seeing the same problem?". Then a call to ebay is in order to get this cleared up ASAP. The shipping operationcompanies are under lots of pressure due to handling multiple numbers of parcels at the same time. Enter the tracking number, or if you dont have it, the date you shipped the item. In some cases, I will list the item as delivered to agent, where I am the agent signing on behalf of the customer. The overwhelming majority of packages handled by the USPS, by FedEx, by UPS, and by other shipping partners are going to be handled by their own employees right up until the moment of delivery not handed over to agents to go the last mile. document.write ("