play a tattletale game. Dont forget me though and please continue to be my angel; I know theres enough of you to go around for everyone. But, when you have someone over 6ft tall and weighing under 90 lbs, its time to step in. People just want to feel happiness again. Anyways, I can imagine what Layne and his girl were going through when people you thought were your friends are either with you or against you and the others are there because your famous and providing whatever you need. Rosheen and Demri RIP Rosheen Raugi June 19th 1997 Rosheen was my best friend. Love and support to you and your family, God bless to you! I stumbled across it by chance. But Demri did start using drugs again, and instead of asking her to leave, because then she would really be in trouble, Layne took a hike. She was unconscious for two and a half hours before she finally got to hospital. Im just happy more people came out and started to share pictures of her. Im not totally sure when that started to change. Just one of many reasons I want to be cremated so Im not out in a cemetery forgotten about like by some prick like that! I personally havent lost any friend such at young age, and the pain all of you guys who new Demri and were their family and friends are having, I think I will never imagine it. Sadly, another member of the 27 Club, Press J to jump to the feed. xoxox, Thank you Violet for the sweet comment.. He always kept saying that he had slipped. Most of what everyone heard then was nonsense. It happens a lot to drug addicts. Like I said, Ill pray for you and hopefully god will lift you up. That Koa story has been particularly perplexing and I never could figure out exactly how it fit in. Oh that thing about walking down a hall and druggies is b.s. But when people are addicted to heroin, they have to want to stop or you cant really help them. Being and ex-heroin addict myself, I know first hand the trials and tribulations that come with doing hard drugs, trying to keep a relationship going with my addicted girlfriend, and playing in a rock band, all at the same time. It speaks volumes about this site that a guy sitting in his living room in Iceland in 2017, can read through it and feel as if he were a fly on the wall in all these parties and gatherings. Thought the site was abandoned but I know life gets in the way. Who knows why, ours is to respect their will. I see so many other say this, I feel the same way. *Please watch her video called What the Cancer Industry doesnt want YOU to know and her video called Terminal Brain Cancer Cured On Raw Food. Staley's physical appearance had become even worse than before: he had lost several teeth, his skin was sickly pale, and he was severely emaciated. To be honest Leah.. Laura. I was and still am a huge fan of Laynes and AIC, and admired the beautiful Demri. Ive read things on here claiming that she took his money and relied on him financially, but I cant say Ive ever read anything to say this is true. I started our just doing it because it made me feel energized to create my own music as well as to work. Buy photos from select Flickr photographers I believe that when he lost her he probably felt like it should have been him and that the only hope to be happy was gone and like I explained before he probably just gave up trying to quit and just decided to let it consume him. Layne Staley - Wikipedia I dont update it much but sometimes I add to the pages more.. like I did this one recently. I also have been a person who had/has major responsibilities and grew up in a household where I was the adult and my parents were the kids and I started numbing myself and on the slow suicide. Demri in 1996 and Layne in 2002. Demri Parrott - IMDb Its so sad to hear that she wasnt in one place for long. It can sneak back in and take over even faster then it did the first time. As for Mike Starr, if youre wondering, he was living in a crappy old apartment (same building that I used to live in,) with his father. I wish I could hug you and Thank you again for visiting my website and coming back again after 10 years thats crazy huh? 1st I was not talking to you! Layne was around more drugs due to his lifestyle. No problem.. I think she, Nancy, and Mike Starrs mom have been through hell. She must be a really strong lady. It means so much to me. Barbara you remember when you came into the room at the hospital and thought you were interrupting and we got Rachel to leave so you could have some private time with Demri and she thanked you saying she felt like she had vultures over her and could feel Rachel wanted her to die so she could have Layne. You could say that I believe in alternative medicine, have you heard about the raw vegan/ vegan movement? A painting of Demri and Layne was featured on the cover of the Mad Season album.. Mad Season "Above" Album Cover Based On Photo Of Layne Staley And . I never thought much about the lyrics until, fast forward about 6 years, and I was on dope. The website will forever live on my server for those seeking to learn a little more. watch?v=dBZm-_6Qa3k She also had a very unique style, and was very popular. I made it, but my wife sadly did not. Another thing that saddens me is that she had to live in a nursing home with elderly people when she was only in her mid-20s. I was a weird kid because I liked all different types of music that kids my age didnt like because it was considered uncool. When he came back from tour he moved back in until the band went down to do Rock in Rio. Her full name at birth was Demri Lara Parrott. I am thinking more of teens I have been watching grow up from their young years. It is heartbreaking the way Layne died and was not found for 2 weeks. Let their legacy be one of art and discovery, friendship and love. He obviously didnt have the strength. Pretty soon youre just doing it to feel normal and function and you dont even get high anymore or getting high gets harder to accomplish without having to do more then usual..and rarely can you even afford to get wellbut that is also how some addicts accidentally overdose..just trying to feel it or after theyve gotten clean for awhile..like after getting out of rehab, jail or detox and then they relapse and overdose because their tolerance has gone way down and they accidentally do too much.. Thats probably almost 80% of the reasons why an addict will overdose. This site is so beautiful, props to those who made it/run it! No that is not true I come here today, Oct 30 to pay my respects because Oct 29th I didnt forget but rather I was being told after fighting cancer for 6 long years that the cancer had returned and given results of my scansit is now in my ovary, uterus, also back into breast and 2 lumps one blocking a duct in the breastso basically I was trying to take in that I dont have much longer to live and what I will need to do as far as my kids, etcbut still within 24hrs I came to pay my respectsjust because someone doesnt post on a site on a certain date doesnt mean that the person is still not remembered. So beautifully said, I believe the same. They started dating around spring or summer that year. BUMMER. 2nd have some compassion or can you not readI have just been told I am dying of cancer and yes I have kids too and am a single parent at that with bills as wellso I understand all to well and I too am a recovering addictI in no way was ugly to no-one whatsoever!!!!!! She showed me her belly button, and she goes, Look, I can make a cats butt! Thanks for all you are sharing. But, how did it happen? XANA LA FUENTE Innocent yet provocative. Thats how Andrew described Demri when he first saw her. Layne not accepting this, but hes starting to feel the pain also. I remember sitting in my room in Iceland in the early 90s, listening to all the grunge bands thinking Man..Id like to be able to live in the smack dab middle of all this madness, be chilling in Seattle with likeminded folks. He was already quite reclusive in 1996" The last time Demris mother, Kathleen Austin, saw Layne Staley, was in 1997. I relapsed and used from april to june of 18. Your writing gripped me immediately once you mentioned how magnetic some people could appear to us. Her memorial service took place on November 2 at Neighborhood Christian Center, and donations were made to Harborview Adult Medicine Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation, Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. American Model (Adult/Glamour) Demri Parrott passed away on 29th Oct 1996 Evergreen Hospital, Kirkland, Washington / Bremerton, Kitsap County, Washington, USA aged 27. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Now to think theres Demri fan sites and Facebook groups!? Demri HATED being known as Laynes girlfriend.If I had a quarter for all the times she and I were approached with I know youyoure Laynes girlfriend and she would step back and reply No, I am Demri I would take all of us to Vegas. I had started working for Sony Records at the time, doing a regional A&R job, and with them being signed to a Sony label, it was a little bit awkward for both us. She wore vintage costumes, long skirts with docs, lots of vintage style 30s and 40s jewelry. Kathleen, Im so sorry for your loss, I cant even imagine, but please know there are many of us who adore Layne & Demri. SomeoneI dont want to say whobrought him some heroin because they couldnt find any coke. Layne tries his best to help, but she wont listen, her body probably being beyond help at this point, and telling Layne, let me go, its too painful, just let me go. But I guess no matter how sick she was during her last year- she was still beautiful for sure, on the outside and on the inside. Rare photo of Demri Parrott & Layne Staley from a photo shoot they did together. I love you still, sweetheart, and Im so sorry. I will also never let you be forgotten as long as my heart beats.this website was made in memory of you, Layne and Rosheen..and now sadly, Mike too. Its like someone out there looking for a job and you cant find one but you keep trying and trying but after a while you just give in to the fact that its not going to happen and you stop trying. I wish you were still here with us. I didnt know any of these. Those guys literally made magic and Im so grateful to even have existed when they all did. I know he was taking care of Layne and buying groceries and making sure he was eating and cared for. Did she have a license? Ughhh, whats the need? Heroin isnt a social drug that you experiment with. Later, as he got deeper into heroin, he almost seemed stooped over and maybe a little bow legged in AICs last concerts in 96. Actually I was bothered by it though. I didnt want to say too much about myself when you are facing so many scary health problems but my stepfather died 2 weeks ago of lung cancer. Ive read/heard about that name (Demri Parrot) since the late 90s but never really felt the urge to check out her bio until recently. Just saying! I listen to Chloe Dancer and think of how I want my life to be as beautiful as that song. She was born Feb. 22, 1969, in Bremerton. She had allegedly accepted that drugs would kill her, and so she continued to use. The fabric alone I spent thousands on which in the 80s is a lot, considering everyone else in that scene was flat broke. Hopefully be a soulful powerhouse like him. Demri Parrott's Death, Mystery About Her Life And Layne Staley - JukeBugs There's a lot of information about Demri and interviews with family and friends. You have done so much, been through so much, God bless you. Anway hope you continue to find this website informative and fun to visit. Random. He just didnt tell anyone that he was leaving. Being involved in the music scene, where there tends to be a lot of substance use? That being said im not a crazed obsessed fan but I am aware of Demri and read her story through Barbara and Darin about 10 years ago right after my heroin addiction started. He seemed to think that because he never shot heroin he was better than Layne. So thanks for always showing us the best of Demri! Just some random thoughts I had. In 2017, 81,000 Americans tried heroin for the first time. Layne apparently adored her; he would never talk badly about her and apparently it was the same with her. Oh lord, the jokes ;D They would go out together and a lot of people thought they were gay. Alright, I apologize then and I am very sorry to hear about what your going through. I believe that although Layne loved her, and Demri loved him, they both had their own agendas for life, which unfortunately didnt mesh in the final turn of life. "remembering Demri"..? I agree completely. When Layne didnt feel like eating Johnny could get him to drink an Ensure sometimes 2 or 3. I really appreciate this site. When I was on dope I just didnt care and all that mattered was how I was going to get better or keep from being sick it wasnt even about getting high anymore because it would take $500 to vet high once for a couple of hours. I did not see anything from anyone on Thursday Oct 29 2015 about demri I guess everyone forgot. She was best known as a model (adult/glamour). Id love to know more about her in her younger years before she went out with Layne. A lot of people think he was shitty because he would prop Layne up on a microphone stand if he had to and do the show, even if Layne was totally wrecked. Full name: Demri Lara Parrott Murphy Date of birth: February 22, 1969 Died: October 29, 1996 Age at death: 27 years old Parents: Kathleen Austin (mother) Dennis Wayne Dougherty (father), Stephen John Parrot (stepfather) Siblings: 4 (Devin C. Remme, Derek J.P. Murphy, David J.M. Layne with fans New Years Eve 1999, reportedly last public photo in Im trying to post a comment and a link to a video, but all that appears when I try to publish it in this site is: your comment is awaitting moderation!! Jerry is one of the best melody writers ever, and Layne was a virtuoso vocalist and obviously his lyrics resonate with so many people. She was around five feet tallmaybe even shorterand was stunningly beautiful. Question: Did Demri ever drive a car? Hey there! And part of me wondered if he moved there because he didnt have to drive anywhere and it was easy access. They changed into this dark, brooding, heavy thing.. By the time he tried to wake her she was in a coma. Yeah were gay, wanna join us? LOL! Many people looked after her, while Layne was on tour. Both Demri and Layne became drug addicts, hooked to heroin. Just from her pictures you feel love what a beautiful person she was and I cannot imagine how she is missed by all who new her.I feel fortunate to have found this site and kinda feel as if I got to somehow get some insight to what a beautiful person she truly was.We all now get to experience why she is so deeply missed by her family and friends.Thank you for introducing us to her.RIP. JOHNNY BACOLAS I recall many nights when I was living with Layne, Demri would come to the house and after Id go to bed, she would just open my door, sit at the edge of my bed with a bag full of potato chips, chew really loud, and just talk. If boundaries are established upfront, some of these issues can be avoided. Wish me luck xxx. . Last week she broke down mentally and was calling and texting me non stop saying she wanted to hurt herself and she felt like a piece of shit for doing this to me, she wanted me to come over to help her out with her breakdown so I . Mad Season, Layne's side projects/art, Jerry's solo work. I know many Alice In Chains fans dislike her because she got Layne into heroin. She died of an accidental overdose, her mother will confirm this and its also written on her death certificate. Js songs and Ls singing and their harmonizing is what blasted AIC to the top and gave them all their success. Demri deserves her recognition as the true Queen of the Seattle Scene. . I wouldnt call her suicidal but definitely self destructive. AiC was playing a show that night at an old fire station in Redmonddo you remember that place? The day I met Demri she was wearing them, along with cut-off jeans, and a cardigan shed had since gradeschool (apparently). Yes, shes there. I never told anyone that I knew you and you used to tell me dont let it bother you. Rest in peace beautiful angels. Who is the other girl with her on the couch? I started writing this journal online because writing about losing you all has helped to heal my broken heart when nothing else did. Those pictures are breathtaking. She was around five feet tall-maybe even shorter-and was stunningly beautiful. to quickly search for other people with the same last name in the same cemetery, city, county, etc. What a cute smile!!! Hi Barbara, I was just checking in to see if there are any new posts an I noticed your comment about the books. I read it within days. On the slim chance you ever read this, just know that even in 2017 there are people who still cherish the GOOD memories of that time, way back in the day when grunge was still in its innocenceto this day I get chills listening to AiC, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone. I had read that Jack had her on tape at one of his photo shoots. Why did Layne rely so much on Demri? I was a reference for him. Maybe her mom or her friends have some but are not interested in posting them. Lol. Apparently she made friends with some of the elderly people and used to make them laugh. Best thing people can do is move away from everything you know and everyone you know that makes it easy. Yes, she was so beautiful, and the love of his life. I started writing about her online about 12 years ago now and some of the pictures I posted can still be seen floating around online like the one of them kissing taped to my wall or the black and white ones of her in the coat and hat.. all print outs I received from Darin from her memorial. I wish Demri had that same desire, to want to be an actress/model, who read books, studied acting. You will be ok. Love lots of love. Demri's obituary. She, like Layne, was very generous. Probably every home in America has it, so it would be easy to squire. They had called me after being with me in Vegas in the spring of 93 when they got there and they wanted Layne to have the band there on Family Day to deal with Band Issues. At the time of her death she had already had a pacemaker implanted due to the damage caused by using dirty needles to inject heroine. (The ones that used and didnt contract it, were generally the ones that either snorted or shot with clean needles. Thank you B! Alice in Chains was opening for Van Halen on tour in 1991 when Staley, prompted by Parrott,. I also thing its amazing how they found such amazing friends along the way who stuck with them during the hardest times! This may be too personal to ask, but I have been curious. But it did allow me to come over for several days and get things clean a tidy, although Demri was always a neat freak around me. But why DID they break off their engagement? Just human. I am here to support if I can but a simple chat is as far as Ill go. More rehab for both. My sister also was an addict and passed away in 2008. Dating seems illogical. Thank you so much for sharing your story it means a lot and people who do not understand need to hear it. I ran into Darin a few days back always nothing but love when we see each other. She just GLOWS!! That couldnt have been put in a better way! I found this online, in case some of you havens seen it before.