Written documentation, including books, historical documentationboth Jesuit and Spanish records (diaries, journals and secretarial expedition logs). Waltz, who died without revealing the mines location, reportedly shot people who followed him as he returned to it for more gold. It was best I was alone. Actually when we started that is what we thought I and found out there are a lot of issues. This is one thing the government does not want to have to deal with. As these legends go, the path to finding hidden riches generally depends on deciphering information contained in mysterious treasure maps. Do not stake your life, life is precious and bad luck to bet on it. Is there any more info about your book? I have literally made more trips than I had money for but I always got positive proof of what I was researching. See more in Season 1, Episode 1, "Secrets of the Lost Map." Legend of the Superstition Mountains - Season 1 - IMDb Wayne Tuttle is on Facebook. 3. I have located the North Trending Canyon, a canyon in itself that has numerous carved walls, the Witch Priest being one of those as well as the Latin Heart laid out in the canyon floor. When he returned, his partner, Weisner, was dead.". The author wrote that he believed the mine was realBUT! But the mine remains shrouded in mystery, so much so that it might not exist at all. There are certain things to look for in the mineralization and the matrix. Reviews and News of Jack San Felice Henry I know that a lot of folks have thought they have found the mine, but.and I have to stop here for a minute and think what I want to say .. It took many turns to throw off people that might try to follow him to his mine. The trail on the Stone Maps leads from the cliff above the Carved Priest on the floor to the Heart about 2000 yards south. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. The next day he crossed at the gravel bar and then he traveled to first water and then on to second water. Thanks Kal for the interest. Waltz worked as a miner on the San Gabriel River for a man named Ruben Blakney. Forget about what every yahoo has said, get down to basics. While the remains have yet to be positively identified, Cooper said hes confident the remains are that of Capen based on where the body was found, clothing found nearby and other identifying characteristics. Not available. Yes! Everything below matches what we have found on the ground, and most importantly, it is all in one generalized location. Located east of Phoenix, the Superstition Mountains stretch across 160,000 acres of desert, and somewhere in these almost supernatural-looking canyons is a reported gold mine worth several hundred millions of dollars. In December 2009, a month after Capens disappearance, his campsite was found and clearly indicated his level of devotion to his newfound infatuation, Cooper said. After the finale of their first season, they never returned for a second season. The network's all-original programming slate features a roster of hit series, premium documentaries, and scripted event programming. Capen, who had worked at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel for more than a decade, had ventured to the area at least two other times in the past decade in search of the mine. (Courtesy: Robert Cooper), On Saturday, years after Capens Jeep, wallet, backpack and cellphone were found in his tent by hikers, volunteers from the Superstition Search and Rescue finally located what they believe is Capens body. Some nuttier than others. Yes! The once famous lost Mojave gold mine, located west of Quartzsite AZ, was at one time one of the most famous lost mines in AZ; today you can walk in to look it over. . "Delbert Daley of Miami retrieved the bottle but returned it to the river, not connecting the name with the lost prospector. The enigma of the LDGM is that it has been a puzzle with many pieces that, up until now, no one has been able to solve. Jeff. You are just stringing us along. "As the story goes, Waltz met someone named Peralta who was looking for someone to return to his so-called family mine with him. I am somewhat doing that with our book. Legend of the Superstition Mountains | Apple TV I can understand that. Waltz said he camped up above where the Mexicans camped on the Horses Saddle. One good pic would make it so Scotty, Well since the intervention of Google Earth and using the pony for your map you can almost pinpoint it within 500 feet. Will I regret the day I can't get back in there? Waltz and his partner returned, mining gold ore, and Waltz left to get more supplies. This is true, but there is something most people do not realize about this clue! Our guys made two attempts to get up to the house but were stymied. Lost Dutchman's Gold Mine - Wikipedia Body of man who hunted legendary 'Lost Dutchman's' gold mine believed And in the Superstition Mountains outside Phoenix Arizona, rockhounds and treasure hunters have been searching for the Lost Dutchman Mine since 1892. The most recent was done this past spring. We do only what is permitted which includes not mining for gold. Ms. For 10 years, Jesse Capen, 35, a graveyard-shift bellhop at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, had studied myriad theories about the location of the Lost Dutchman gold mine, sought by treasure seekers since the 1870s. He estimates the mine could be worth over 200 million dollars in today's money. Waltz said the Mexicans dug another tunnel from down below the mine trying to come in farther down into the vein because the pit mine was getting too hard to mine. Recent posts have coincided nicely with the Travel Channel show Ghost Adventures. If you climb some distance above my mine you can see to the south a sharp peak (Weavers Needle). Regards, Julie. I must say, more people have found his mine over the years than Carter has pills! Watch Legend of the Superstition Mountains Season 1 Episode 1 - MSN did wayne tuttle find the lost dutchman mine - ASE We are going this Winter, so the ending has not yet been written. As we reach these adjacent plateaued spaces we continue to search for additional onsite entities that are of interest. We show photos that will not give away the site, but that do correlate things to our site. Where is the Lost Dutchman's Mine? | 12news.com - KPNX I am getting a little ahead of myself, so back to the reason the LDGM has not until now been found. Where is your book? Here is the thing Mike I have seen everything found and presented before, compared to what we have( and we are not done) and it not close. Most of our time on this trip was spent exploring around the mine site. On our next trip in October of 2016 we got one of the drones up the canyon and have some great 4k images, but they are proprietary for now and will be used in our book. Question gentlemen Have you found the Elephant head carved out of solid rock marking the entrance to the canyon, where Jacob says you have to climb up into the canyon?? 1. In June 1931, just a day into his first attempt to find the legendary Lost Dutchman Mine, the amateur prospector vanished without a trace. Mike one other thought, our story is just as much about our teams journey over the last 4-5 years as it is about finding the LDM.. did wayne tuttle find the lost dutchman mine I had to give up reading the replies because they change with every different question to answer. See production, box office & company info, Entertaining show no matter what the errors. Tom Kollenborn, author, cowboy and Lost Dutchman expert, dies at 80 From what Ive been told, someone was working the mine around the mid 90s in secrecy, and also dug up the caches. I will watch for other posts and chatter about the mine and wish good luck and safe prospecting to all who venture forth. Or is it just a flat piece of rock that faces the mine? He said he had to slide in through a small opening, and that he chiseled it a bit so he could get in and out of the mine. What they discover may have finally put Wayne on the right path to solving this 150 year old mystery. Armed with a new clue that could unearth the location of the famed Lost Dutchman Mine, lifelong Dutch Hunter Wayne Tuttle, leads a team into Arizona's Superstition Mountains in search of. As far as the book, it is concerned, it will be different than, the others I have seen it will as much, about our journey, and how our story ends and it will truthful no matter how it ends. Im sorry to burst your bubble there buddy but the Dutchman has already been found 10 years ago. Consider: if you find the mine do not make public its location. In fact, none of clues match the Goldfield location. Thanks Mike you have been at it a long time, I read your post on Treasure Net you know your stuff, and have been out where the rubber meets the road, you are a true Dutch Hunter and I have always respected your input on TN, Thank you for responding here. The book is still being added too, we were back there in 2019, and I have not yet shared that trip, that is for a latter date. This makes sense, but there is also a time line here. Ive only been following it over the last few years and I truly hope you have found the exact mine that Waltz was talking about. Lost Dutchman Gold Mine: Does 'X' Mark The Spot? - HuffPost This is really exciting. Its all very intriguing. If you do find the mine Well know. The XRF results should be on Unexplained and Unexplored tomorrow night Sunday November 17th on Science channel. But like Ben Crenshaw said in the 1999 Ryder Cup matches live on TV after Saturdays, matches.