So much of it rang true, and Im so grateful to have found it at my age. Have you ever considered the reason why you wear the clothes you do? Therein lies the problem. Clothing in various personality - slideshare.net Sporty, easy, natural but with some structure. The quirky side of gamine would certainly seem to allow for occasional dramatic flair. Necklines are best when neat. I can even wear shirts buttoned all the way up, depending on what Im wearing them with. Hair is last. There are many online DIY color analysis sites. Fits: tops and jackets are best when shorter (top of hip length) and more fitted, but not tucked in. I am inspired to plan a trip to London! Not intended as any type of personal criticism. Just my opinion! I have also received many compliments, gifts and new opportunities! I personally believe that we dont necessarily fall into just one of these categories but are often a combination of two or even three style personalities. In this course, I learned about the different facets of femininity and the divine goddess that is waiting to reemerge. I saw some of her videos and I took the Archetype Quiz. Thus I am a Classic/Diva however contradictory that sounds . Thank you. adjetivo. Gratitude to you! But I keep forgetting that I can wear navy with black the all black, all the time aesthetic is so deeply ingrained! I think the most important takeaway from your Red Leopard sessions, is body acceptance and not always letting what makes one feel that a certain look is slimming, and therefore right. Bobs and pixies are good choices. I became annoyed by the work I had to do in between and rescheduled everything else. Such as sheath, shirt and baby-doll dresses, Lots of straight, sharp, short, cropped, narrow, tapered hemlines with sharp edges. Im so glad I had Ally to walk me through it all. Compact, short, sharp designs with crispy material and lots of fun details. Deep down I knew these people although very close to me they were trying to destroy me. It's because Soft Gamines are awesome. Mid-thigh is actually my worst length for jackets or cardigans. Get an original copy of the Metamorphasis Book. Another way to look at these style profiles is to remove the celebrities from them. It was used in English from about the mid-19th century (for example, by William Makepeace Thackeray in 1840 in one of his Parisian sketches), but in the 20th century . My wardrobe since retirement now has no dress up clothes and Im not missing them one bit. Explore different types of Fashion Styles! Thank you for sharing all this valuable information! I always learn something new or confirmation of ideas. Celebrity examples: Cher, Tilda Swinton,Angelina Jolie, Paloma Picasso, Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga and Adele. Thank you so much! Are not these public styles dictated by stylists ? I agree that putting a personal spin on our style is essential. See more ideas about gamine style, style, fashion. Your work is beyond magnificent! Earthy and relaxed,creative and arty. I took the Maiden and Lover bundle and it was so informative and scarily spot on. Gamine beauty is cute and boyish. I learned to embrace my beautiful complexities. Kibbe Gamine Body Type For Wardrobe, Style, And Outfits I have always been a gamine style even before I knew what it was called. The one thing I noticed when you had your colors and style analysis is you were wearing shorter silhouettes. I love expressing myself through clothes but have definitely been feeling a little lost lately. My style muse is Lauren Hutton, so of course the Adventurer/ Natural category best suits my lifestyle and personal taste. gamine in American English. Ive been moving away from droopy fabrics anyway, so that makes sense. Gamine is the French word for a kid who tends to be energetic and make fun of fashion. 13 Feminine Seduction Archetypes: The "Gamine - Women Love Power Make way for Audrey Tautou: French gamine channels Coco Chanel, patron Feminine, pretty, glamorous and girly, but provocative at the same time. Why do some of us love vintage clothes and others prefer to dress down most of the time? Last month I had a personal style consultation with Ally from House of Colour (the same awesome gal who did my color analysis). When my twenty something son or colleagues compliment its a keeper! GAMINE style type. Over the last 2 years in particular Ive been buying larger tops in order to conceal my belly when in fact I should have tried petite tops with fabric thats more structured. I, too, relate closest to that style but I am of a certain age so have not been comfortable with a lot of looks Ive seen referenced. If so, then just choose elements from each one in your clothing and accessories, hairstyle and make-up. Aug 10, 2022 - Explore monica kay's board "Gamine Style Personality", followed by 1,445 people on Pinterest. The colours in my wardrobe are mostly A. Both are compacted silhouettes, making them ideal for us ladies 5'4 and under. She feels her most at home in dresses and flowy fabrics, ruffles, lace, delicate accessories and when she is primped and primed to perfection. What's Your Clothing Style? Personality Quiz - ProProfs Quiz The Gamine Style (Kibbe Body Type) | InfinitCloset Style personalities dont work for me for this reason. The Gamine type has a contrasting blend of Yin and Yang (as opposed to the balanced Yin and Yang of the Classic), and the Soft Gamine leans slightly more towards Yin. Here are some ways you can express your natural style personality: If you have a Gamine style personality, you are usually slim and petite and so need smaller scale clothes with smaller patterns and lighter weight fabrics. Although it helped loads, the bolt still remained. Nobody has ever explained this the way you just did. That said, I have been inspired to get rid of many of the black shirts/sweaters I wear by default because a) Im from New York, even though I reside in the very relaxed Pacific Northwest now, and b) its easy.The color drags my face down and ages me terribly. I dont mind standing out, but comfort is a high priority. While there are some recommendations-peplums, bolero jackets, bouffant skirts-that can apply to both, a Soft Gamine does not need the ruffles and daintiness that an Ingenue does. ), This is not just my preference speaking, I had it confirmed in a fairly dramatic way at a Chanel boutique in Paris. I like having a framework, and being able to quantify why something works or doesnt. Here are some of my favorite images I see a lot of similarities among them! The Feminine Odyssey is a spiritual, mental and emotional journey that every woman must undergo. . When Ive tried I just become boring/get bored . My inclination is Classic, but my lifestyle is anything but elegant and dressy. Americans spend $200 million every year on clothes we dont wear. And I can see I thought I was bigger than petite because of how clothes fit me, boots too tight in calves, my bottom pulled the pants funny, and tops hung, because of a small bust , but grabbed my forearms tight. So the cuts and styles that work for me may diverge from someone else who is also a Gamine but has different proportions. The Two Types of Flamboyant Gamines | Style Syntax Thanks Susan for all your work in trying to help us understand the style types. I may not be alone in appreciating your use of the personalities as examples. There are subtle variations to all these archetypes and most people are a combination of at least two. Earthy, but glamorous at the same time. Soft Gamine - Miss Kitty in Color I dislike most of the loafer, brogues etc and prefer booties, ballet flats, suede boots have an enviable wardrobe of cashmere items. Do you miss it? See synonyms for gamine on Thesaurus.com noun a neglected girl who is left to run about the streets. Get dressed with ease, confidence and style. After my personality quiz and measurements, Ally categorized me as Natural Dramatic (I was really close with Snappy Casual! I would tend to the Bohemian/ natural romantic by preference. The Maiden Is your second highest archetype. Diver's Style Watch and Quirky Colored Cuff: Simple, classic accessories add character to neutral basics. Jun 10, 2019 - From 20 Types of Beauty. I wasnt sure what was bothering me about the wording, but youve nailed it. My Style Personality Profile isnt on the list. I can tell how much work you put into these courses. As far as work appropriate dressing is concerned, you need to be careful you dont under dress or look as if you havent bothered, so a smart pair of trousers in a simple style and a shirt would be good. The Gamine Style is sweet, childlike, gentle, innocent, and whimsical. If the dress code at a venue calls for casual, you will most likely be the best dressed person there. After going through the Lover programme, I thought there is no way that the Maiden programme could touch it or come even close. I am for sure curvy but also tall and look best in structured clothes but I can pull off longer length sweaters. My own style Nothing can fool the eye that much. Now, all of these are tools, not rules. Im adapting some of the Gamine style guidelines for our lifestyle, which is mostly casual, and for our locale (Southern California) where being too done up feels out of place. ". a diminutive or very slender girl, especially one who is pert, impudent, or playfully mischievous. Oncethis change occurs, the maiden can harness the full seductive potential of her dominant archetype. Again, like the Gamine, jewellery should be small scale, Shoes need to be pretty, dainty with bows or embellishments. I always thought I looked best in shorter jackets (and I think you do too) I have suffered through the tunics and long over lean look trying to convince myself it was a good look for me. Sprigged prints, cute animal designs, often pastel colours and milkmaid type dresses are all types of clothing and patterns that suit Ingenues. Same for chunky boucl fabrics . And Ayeshas poise is an example of how to do it all with grace. Coming from me thats pretty something too because I am extremely really read from spirituality to neuroscience, confident and live my life authentically. I think Im a mix of Romantic/Classic. Someone who oozes confidence and is not afraid of making an impact with bold pieces and accessories. Your body has its own natural style based on your length and shape. As a result, I left with a very detailed notebook of which shapes, fabrics, accessories, and design details will work best for me. A big yuck to the Fall/spring colours for me:( Ayesha is a graduate of Yale University and a former television journalist. Our very own Annie for instance is a mixture of Adventurer and Classic: the Huntswoman or Huntsman. While Manina is a Gamine, Rachel is a Dramatic and Ilka is a Dramatic and a Classic. With the maiden as her dominant archetype, the gamine may be excessively compliant, sexually inhibited or feel stuck in a Peter-pan like existencean extended adolescence. Think Emma Stone, Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts, Amanda Seyfried. Such as leather biker jackets, dark blue jeans, black denim; capris, ankle-length pants, military pants; dungarees; boy caps; boots etc. Many thanks for the clarification! I would describe myself as A. Which Kibbe Body Type Are You? 13 Fabulous Style Types + Kibbe Test And the best part is that she also provides actions or habits that we can do to ignite the different archetypes within us. Small geometrics and angular asymmetric designs, short and broken vertical or horizontal lines etc. Boyish Designs : Straight, sharp, and narrow designs rather than rounded and soft. Quirky, funky elements. 370 Gamine Style Personality ideas in 2022 | gamine style, style, fashion One thing that REALLY helped me is you coming to terms with a different silhouette and breaking through myths about your body and how you should wear clothes. Your natural charm and playful spirit lowers defenses. To try and remove the bolt. Loved this post! Feminine Power, Self Discovery & Sacred Sensuality by Ayesha K. Faines. Which Elegant Style Personality Are You? Everything under the rainbow C. Soft and gentle D. Navy and cream E. Browns and blues 2. I have peace in my femininity. Consider the idyllic qualities that we associate with childrenopenness, playfulness, spontaneity, and sometimesmischievous, winsome charm. It seems dated and sexist. As long as you keep your under layer fitted and the . An Introduction to the Kibbe Body Types - Gabrielle Arruda or anything that adds extra interest is preferable over plain designs, Style Followers : Emma Watson, Winona Ryder and Natalie Portman, Gamines look best in compact, tailored, small-scale designs and shapes. Both Janet Jackson and Audrey Hepburn privately battled depression. Everything suddenly started to make sense. Audrey Hepburns exciting mix of sophistication and girlishness made her an enduring style icon just as Janet Jacksons whispery voice, infectious smile, and candid artistry have made her a pop icon for the ages. I am enjoying all these reflections and modifications following your Red Leopard Consultation. Oh gheeze, how wrong I was, I entered a goldmine once more. I do believe that most women have an innate sense of their personal style based on the garments that they reach for the most. In their style taxonomy, a Gamine can be any shape. Celebrity examples:Penelope Cruz, the young Sophia Loren, Salma Hayek and Gloria Estefan. It truly can be freeing to get information like this. Which gives me some guidance. The longest he agreed to for our verified FG is chin length. Kibbe's Gamine. Again, thank you for taking the time and effort. There are several systems and most usually cover a version of the following style types: Dramatic (statement dressing, think Victoria Beckham), I wonder if there is room for some back and forth to find the right category? If only I knew what to replace it with! Some of us need a visual reference, as in using maps rather than directions. Your receptive spirit, compassion, sensuality and depth separate you from the rest. For scarves, again its about staying away from too much volume or texture which swamps me. Most people spend years of their lives being diluted versions of themselves, but I dare myself and challenge myself to do the internal work to stand unafraid in my truth. The term classic reminds me so much of styles predating the 60s twinset and pearls and todays lifestyles appear to be much more relaxed and informal. Theatrical, bold, individual, extravagant, exciting and sexy. The Gamine: neat, cute, fun, funky. To give you a better idea we've put together an overview of the different style personalities for women below. Choosing clean, rounded lines with sharp corners and edges is one method to do this. Thanks! Love your blog, but these categories strike me as hopelessly stereotypical and the product of some 1950s casting directors idea of the narrow categories that women need to squeeze themselves into in order to present an image to the world that men can be comfortable with. The Gamine is equal parts Yin and Yang, always maintaining a natural . GAMINE FASHION STYLE EXPLAINED - Mystylebox yet whimsical details that emulate your personality. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." marilyn monroe A snapshot of the Ingenue Patron Saint: Marilyn Monroe In Pop [] This is when I feel most like me. If were one or neither, clothing wont make us into something were not. A great example of how terribly a woman's charm is affected by dressing up as a different type of beauty was casting Michelle Williams (Gamine) as the all-time sex bomb Marilyn Monroe ( Romantic ). The Gamine Cute, sharp, neat and funky. Sothis happened last night. Which isn't to say Gamines aren't incredibly attractive. Thank you for all your wisdom. Such as leather biker jackets, dark blue jeans, black denim; capris, ankle-length pants, military pants; dungarees; boy caps; boots etc. Your jewellery needs to be large scale, bold and unusual in design. The Soft Gamine Kibbe body type, like the pure Gamine type, has a mix of yin and yang traits, but with somewhat more yin. Longer garments made me feel ridiculous while others look glamorous. Gamine body type is a combination of Yin's face (feminine / soft features) and Yang's body (masculine/sharp features). BODY TYPE'S WARDROBE BOARD: https://pin.it/6oLOUrq* Gamine VS other "BODY TYPES" If you want to support me and get some exclusive stuff: https://www.patreo. Soft Gamine Kibbe Body Type Style Guide - Fashion - Kresent! I knew this was because Im a free-spirit, but its clear from this programme the reason why was even more profound than I thought. Hi Lyn, yes, I still love the ease and drama of it. You've poured your heart and soul into this. Some boxier styles are actually OK. (Again, demonstrated with some of the pieces I tried on during the session.) Mary, I agree. I hope you enjoy reading my blog. Visit my Travel Wardrobe Resource hub for travel capsules, packing tips, & more! NATURAL style type. I am comfortable and love my clothing. Education and input are so valuable. The feminine style personality is all about softness, drape colour, and curls. Your hair needs to be low maintenance and wash and wear so (tidy) long hair that you can tie back is good, or maybe short hair in a well cut style that will look good if you dont have time to blow it dry. Ice Gray Pixie. Why was it your go-to look for so long? The key is to play with color and textures to break the lines and keep a rather fitted silhouette. Your bone structure is angular, narrow, and sharp, with small breasts and hips. This is what she says about style: Be authentic: Forget conventional style typologies like classic or bohemian and create your own unique look. I think Im a mix of huntswoman and adventurer with relaxed tech company and work from home wardrobe now (no PJs and bunny slippers!) Thank you so much! Or they understand why they wore something to death. A structured blazer and lipstick gives off a totally different vibe than a hoodie and a ponytail. Sought after for her provocative insights on culture, mythology and gender politics, she has been featured on MTV, Essence, Entertainment Tonight, The Michael Baisden Radio Show, AfroPunk, and Time among other media outlets. Slightly tousled hair that is moderate to long in length looks best, but evening styles will work for formal events. Susan, I just love your deep dive into your style personality. And yes, Ill still include it, just not exclusively, and with slight modifications. I think we can all embrace our own style profiles without demeaning those of others. Wear textured materials such as velvet, silk, tweed and lace.