As time went by, the Kesses felt abandoned by the Orlando Police Department. Theories abound as to what happened, with many suggesting she was killed by a male coworker whose advances she had spurned. He says when he reviewed the files, he was amazed at what police didn't do and who they didn't speak with. Drew Kesse, who in the past has been vocal about what he feels are missteps by investigators, thanked the new team for their tireless efforts. There were no signs of a struggle. Crime Weekly / Jennifer Kesse: "Chino" (Part 3) Joel Wright: I knew that Chino had been arrested for a sex crime. They feared that time was running out. Even though Rob lived in Fort Lauderdale, about 3 hours from Jennifer's condo in Orlando. Jennifer's loved ones hope this report will convince someone to take the courageous step of coming forward with information that could solve this heartbreaking mystery. Jennifer Kesse's Car Was Recovered Barely A Mile From Her Home - But No Train derailment in Springfield, Ohio as residents ordered to shelter in place, Rape survivor 'sobbed seeing Gabby Petito bodycam vid after same cop did nothing', Mom 'stabs 3 of her kids to death and wounds 2 others in unsupervised visit', Daughter of murdered couple linked to Delphi case reveals paranoia, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Jennifer Kesse's father spoke exclusively to The U.S. Sun ahead of the anniversary of his daughter's disappearance. So, I did. She evenbought a condo in the months leading up to her disappearance. It was like being hit with a ton of bricks. But when they did, no leads were discovered. Det. Jennifer Kesse disappearance: Newly released police photos suggest Since her disappearance, there has been no activity on Jennifer's cell phone, bank accounts, social media accounts, etc. Anyone? OK, call the police again.". There are thousands of people who disappear under mysterious circumstances all around the world. Very strong willed and very sure of herself she knew what track she was gonna take and she knew how to get there. Kevin Harris was an aspiring hip-hop artist when he was gunned downoutside his recording studio in Los Angeles. In fact, Chino had done work in Jennifer's condo just one week before she disappeared. And what about that photo taken by security cameras? Residents at the complex stated the car had been parked in the lot for several days. He was serving time in a Florida prison for statutory rape of a teenage girl a crime he committed two years after Jennifer disappeared. Roger Brennan [2008]: There was some vacuuming samples taken from each section of the vehicle that were subsequently sent off to the lab for evaluation. Judy Tygard is the executive producer. "It is Jennifers best opportunity to be found now, 17 years later. She had newly purchased a condominium with her own money no small feat for someone who was just 24. And they said, "Well you ruined the crime scene." Matt Reeser joined WFTV in 1998 as a news photographer and has worked for television stations in Kentucky and West Virginia. "I just need to know my daughter has been found, for good or bad. Jennifer Kesse Jennifer Kesse was last seen in Orlando on Jan. 24, 2006. But when police checked security cameras, it looked like they finally caught a big break. Kesse was just 24-years-old when she went missing on January 24, 2006. Chino. The investigation and the hunt for what happened to Jennifer continues today. Det. But, when police tried to identify the phantom figure, they hit a roadblock. She always texted or called Rob before leaving for work, but she did neither that day, which was extremely strange. Updated October 14, 201813 items. Rob Allen: That's just not something that even came in my mind. OK, I'm going to work. On that day, the Kesses learned their daughter did not report for work at Central . What Happened to Jennifer Kesse? by Robert A. Waters Jennifer Kesse was 24 at the time of her disappearance and by all accounts was a successful young woman. Joel Wright: Some of the people who were working on the property left. Investigators think she was trying to find a mail box when . 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. About three years after the abduction, a former housekeeper at Jennifers condo complex said they recognized the individual in the surveillance footage as a man called Chino. Christie joined the ClickOrlando team in November 2021. "They are feeding off the work my guys have done for the past few years. The Strange Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse || Caught On Tape Jennifer Kesse's father shares dark fears over his daughter's fate as Jennifer Kesse: Why Has This Missing-Persons Case Never Been Solved The Unsolved Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse - Medium what are the chances of that happening? Detective Joel Wright was one of the original investigators. Logan Kesse [2008]: [emotional] It's your sister, it's your family, it's your blood. FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13 Tronnes said she slipped and fell into the bathtub in a tragic accident, but detectives say he murdered her when she threatened to cut off the cash flow for his housing renovations. Det. Lauren McCarthy [at the 2008 gathering]: There's just no other place I could be today. I can understand why they would feel that maybe an agency like ours has not delivered on what they would expect for an agency to do. Drew Kesse: But police were very quick to shut us down on certain things. Doreen Schechter is the producer editor. The Mysterious Vanishing of Jennifer Kesse Immediately, those who knew her knew something was terribly wrong. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Please enter valid email address to continue. Joel Wright [2008]: We didn't find any fingerprints on the steering wheel. Her 2004 Chevy Malibu was found two days later about a mile away from her condo. The woman had not been questioned back in 2006: DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: Do you remember a person by the name of Jennifer Kesse that turned up missing? Lauren McCarthy: The reasons she bought the place that she did was because it was a gated community with a guard. Lauren McCarthy | Jennifer's best friend: Can I just have a second? The distinct lack of evidence and leads in the investigation means no one is sure what happened to Kesse, even12 years afterher disappearance. The next day she did not show up for work. By the gait And someone with pretty big feet for his height is the information we've been getting. Kesse was last seen at her Orlando condo near Mall at. Just letting us know what she wanted to be done in her unit. Drew Kesse: We were probably on the road within 5 minutes. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad Choices. Did he know more than he had admitted? . 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. It's just difficult not having her, you know, she's like my other half so [wipe away tears] I just miss talking to her. Chino was then asked about the pictures -- the ones that the housekeeper said may have looked like him: DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: you know the photos that you looked at earlier the guy walking by the gate? Before we left, Chino even agreed to talk with the Kesse team. Two days after she disappeared, her car was found abandoned in a nearby apartment complex. The Investigation In February 2006, investigators found Jennifer Kesse's black. The pair grew up in Tampa, Florida, and Jennifer is described as having been an adventurous dynamo with a thirst for knowledge. To this day, Jennifer Kesse has not been found, dead or alive, and the people who love her have fought tirelessly for answers, a fight that included receiving over 16 thousand pages of police records on the investigation, and these pages held more clues which has only fed the fire of this mystery. by Sarah Jae Leiber Oct. 21, 2020. Drew Kesse, who in the past has been vocal about what he feels are missteps by investigators, thanked the new team for their tireless efforts. Several items were located inside the vehicle her cellphone, charger sandals and shoes Nothing appears to be disturbed in the vehicle at all. It's not about us. Jennifer Kesse - The Unusual Suspects While the Orlando Police Dept. Crime Weekly: Jennifer Kesse: "Chino" (Part 3) on Apple Podcasts But Torretta struck out when he tried to find those workers who he believes lived in the vacant apartment across from Jennifer. Check out this great listen on Audible.com. Jennifer Kesse's father says nothing was found during a search of an Orange County lake. And by 11 a.m., when Jennifer didnt show up for work, even her employers got worried, calling her parents to inform them about the situation. Peter Van Sant: So, these are just some of your daughter's case files? Unfortunately, no. Joel Wright: [2008]: When that car was found, we jumped all over it. The daily pain endured by the Kesse family is rooted in the events of Jan. 24, 2006. Cell tower data was analyzed, and it indicated Jennifer was out of her apartment and not at home. And you could sense that, and you can feel that . Back in 2008, the Kesses told "48 Hours" that while the condo appeared to be in order, they did notice that Jennifer's purse, keys and cellphone were missing. Drew Kesse: In my mind, it was "that person took my daughter. New Photos Released in Jennifer Kesse Disappearance He said they were uncooperative. Jennifer Kesse: Age-Progressed Image of Missing Woman Released by Cops They have now received everything and we are moving forward, although the sad part is that we have discovered that over the last 10 to 12 years, no investigations have looked at Jennifers case. We need to see what's inside that carpet. When they arrived at the condo in the early afternoon, a building manager opened Jennifer's locked apartment. Chino with "48 Hours" correspondent Peter Van Sant. Peter Van Sant: Why is what the woman at the Mosaic told you important? Michael Torretta: I want to do my best and bring Jennifer Kesse home to them one day. The Bizarre Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse - Rare Read more: Full details on the Jennifer Kesse disappearance Peter Van Sant: The last time police officially questioned Chino was back in 2009. Det. Drew Kesse: Joyce used to complain to me, she's like, "call them. If you have any information about Jennifer Kesse, report a tip to the Orlando Police Department. Shortly after she vanished, Kesse's car was discovered parked around a mile from her home. The housekeeper said the phantom figure's walk, clothing and hair style resembled a man she knew from the complex named Chino, but she could not be sure it was him. Joyce Kesse: A lot of your day laborers are, um, not here, uh, legally. it was like she walked in the night before and just dropped her suitcase right where it was. ORLANDO, Fla., None There's a new push on Wednesday to solve the 6-year-old mystery behind the disappearance of Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse. In December 2018, Joyce and Drew Kesse sued the Orlando Police Department for Jennifer's case files. We are with a good crew at state level now, I have known them for many, many years - I have been requesting it for many years - and finally we are in the right hands.. 'We have the best opportunity to find Jennifer,' Kesse family says in 48 Hours on ID airs at 9/8c on Investigation Discovery. While the car was taken by a forensics team, there was little evidence to be found in her vehicle. The former University of Central Florida student had . She then failed to turn up for work. When Jennifer didn't come home after 48 hours, the police began investigating her whereabouts in earnest. Kesse was just 24-years-old when she went missing on January 24, 2006. Jennifer was last heard from alive after she spoke on the phone with her boyfriend, Rob Allen, on the evening of January 23, 2006. You saw all the workers at that complex. ", Peter Van Sant: Do you believe anyone realistically has been working this case in recent years?". But he told me there was really nothing that he personally could do. Joel Wright: It told me that he passed the polygraph. She spoke with her boyfriend, Rob Allen, on the phone around 10 pm that night. It was updated on July 10, 2021.]. Long distance was taking a toll on their relationship. Nathan Gibson. . And her manager, who had made his intentions of wanting a relationship with her clear, was eventually ruled out as a suspect as well. The hole in our heart is forever there until we have an answer. Michael Torretta: When you talk about challenging investigations, this is the one. I didn't like it. "The Orlando Police Department they worked it very hard," said Louis Bolden, an investigative reporter for WKMG in Orlando, who has covered the case since Jennifer Kesse went missing. Evidence photos obtained by Fox News suggest a. Joyce Kesse: Jenn shared every detail about the trip. I have a meeting. Clockwise from top left, Ashley, Peter Van Sant, Colleen and Tami. On Jan. 24,. Try our coffee!! . That afternoon Jennifer's brother, Logan, began to question some of the construction workers at the complex. Drew Kesse: She just said, you know "there's a lot of workers here and they tend to like just stop when I'm walking by or going to my car. And since then, it has managed to become televisions most popular true-crime series, investigating shocking cases and compelling real-life tales with authenticity and cutting-edge interviews to give us a complete look at a case. has never closed the Kesse case, the family, frustrated by the agencys efforts, has launched its own investigation. NEWS REPORT: For the past two days dive crews have been out on the water. All this did was shut more doors than it opened, mainly because her bank account keycard has not been used since the day she vanished from the face of the earth with no indication whatsoever. Drew Kesse: That was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Chief Orlando Rolon: The family wants closure. Peter Van Sant [2008]: What do you know about this person's height? Peter Van Sant: You had nothing to do with her disappearance? Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse examined on 48 Hours on ID The Kesses are offering a $15,000 reward for information leading to Jennifer's whereabouts. Michael Torretta: I always told the Kesses what I like to do with this investigation is put a puzzle together -- one piece at a time. I'm not with you " and a little insecurity. The average height for an American white man is 5'9 and a half. At this point in time and after countless attempts to get authorities to do what is needed to find Jennifer or not, decisively, we believe we have now positioned her case with authorities that are willing, able, and wanting to find Jennifer even after 17 years, outside of the Orlando Police Department, the family wrote. "I had one this morning from someone claiming they know who did this. He's hoping to find new clues as to who could have abducted Jennifer Kesse. Jennifer Kesse disappeared from her Florida condo on January 23, 2006. She had just returned from a 5-day trip to St. Croix with her long-distance boyfriend of one year. Kesse's family says they are now convinced the image of the black Chevrolet . Unfortunately, no. 1. At around noon on the day Jennifer went missing, the person drove into the parking lot, sat in the car for about 30 seconds and then walked away. Chino: Believe me, if I did know anyone that was involved in that, the Kesse family would be knowing as well. Louis Bolden: Joyce and Drew Kesse were very vulnerable. Dirty and wet clothes were laid out on the floor, and it was clear that Kesse had showered and left the building without anything out of the ordinary happening. Friday marks 14 years since Jennifer Kesse vanished. But she says he fled in a white van. And then, Tami says she caught a "peeping Tom" a man she believes was a worker at the complex. And that's what I'm doing. He is pictured with her above, Jennifer vanished when she was 24 back in 2006, Kesse's father Drew is hopeful of new leads on the 17th anniversary of her mysterious disappearance, Surveillance video of an unidentified person getting out of Jennifer Kesse's car after she vanished is seen above. In 2019, local police came out with a dive team, but no carpet was found. The disappearance of Jennifer Kesse 23 photos But, by early evening, when there was still no sign of Jennifer, police officially declared her missing. They held up signs, just as they had done the day Jennifer went missing, with the desperate hope that someone passing by knew something. No one has seen or heard from her since. It looks like a man. The former University of Central Florida student had graduated in 2003, and had only recently started her new job as a finance manager. Det. The Disappearance Of Jennifer Kesse Without A Trace - Vizaca Ashley: I remember him being fun and friendly, talkative. This meant there werenoclues pertainingto what had happened to the victim. . She and her boyfriend, Rob Allen had been together for over a year, and even though it was long-distance, they were making it work. But there was still no sign of Jennifer, and at the time, the police concluded that there was no evidence of a struggle. And despite evidence that she was at her. Jennifer Kesse: Found or Missing? Is Jennifer Kesse Alive or Dead? We were very frantic. When they came up with no new leads, he made the unprecedented decision to finally release the files to the Kesses. Anyone with information into Kesses disappearance can call the Kesse Family Tip Line at 941-201-4009, or Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS (8477). Jennifer Kesse, age 24, was a young woman who had a full life to look forward to with everything going for her. Sad case, missing for over 11 years now. And then is abducted by those individuals across the way. Jennifer Kesse's father spoke exclusively to The U.S. Sun ahead of the anniversary of his daughter's disappearance. [Takes a deep breath with tears in her eyes]. We know that it is the public that in most cases solves or helps Missing people be found. The Case of Jennifer Kesse- 17 Years of Disappearance Peter Van Sant: You opened the door and saw that? Rob Allen: She was a little emotional saying, oh, you know, that "you don't love me. Rob had no idea that it would be the last time he would ever hear her voice. I have nothing to hide. Drew Kesse: Yes. Curious to know all the specific details of this one yourself? DETECTIVE WRIGHT [2009 audio tape]: Nobody mad about anything? They kept suggesting that she must have had a fight with her boyfriend and would be back. Joyce Kesse: We asked them for several years to make her case cold because there's more resources available for cold cases. New Theories Into Disappearance of Florida Woman on 48 HOURS Even the FBI, who was called in to help, could only determine that they stood between 53 and 55. It's been nearly 15 years since Jennifer Kesse was last seen. So, of course, every one of its episodes goes above and beyond to provide us with every bit of factual information surrounding a case to help us form our own opinions, and its episode entitled Where Is Jennifer Kesse? is no different. Jennifer Kesse has been missing for 17 years: Her family hasn't stopped But she's a little bit of a bathroom pig in the morning. We wont rest till we bring you home, no matter how many years it takes. Jennifer Kesse had recently purchased her own condo at the Mosaic at Millenia Condominium in Orlando, Florida and just received a promotion at work. I had never heard of that happening. So I think they were scared. Chino was identified as a maintenance worker who had lived and worked in the same condo complex as Jennifer. How Did Jennifer Kesse Disappear From the Face of the Earth? Learn about careers at Cox Media Group. This station is part of Cox Media Group Television. Orlando, Florida - Home of Mickey Mouse and sunny beach vacations, a city that 60 million people flock to every year whether it's for the theme parks or just the sun and heat that South Florida is kno. Contact the . She moved into the complex just weeks after Jennifer disappeared. Jennifer Kesse's father marks 16 years since disappearance - WKMG There were hundreds of people that came out. Orlando Police Department via the Kesse family. Surveillance video showed someone walking near the car, and has been sought as a person of interest. She is assumed to be dead, but a body has not been recovered, and nobody has been charged with her murder. Jennifer Kesse has been missing for 17 years: Her family hasn't stopped the search Claire Farrow 1/23/2023 Like Comments Where is Jennifer Kesse? Michael Torretta: Yes. Drew Kesse: I'm like, "Come on! They're just good people. The rest of the home looked like a maid had been there . . Orlando, Florida - Home of Mickey Mouse and sunny beach vacations, a city that 60 million people flock to every year whether it's for the theme parks or just the sun and heat that South Florida is known for. The Kesses are offering $15,000 as a reward for valuable information on where Jennifer could be at this time. The 24-year-old has been missing for 15 years after vanishing one morning while heading out to work. Joyce Kesse: I think that my heart stopped Sheer panic. And then at 10 p.m., she talked to Rob. The investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse more than 16 years ago has been given to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for a cold case review. In all, the Orlando Police Department handed over more than 16,000 pages of documents and 67 hours of video and audio to the Kesses. there was footprints in my closet. Joyce Kesse: The workers made her feel uncomfortable. The Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse Criminally Psyched You know aliens didn't abduct her. Louis Bolden: Technology then was not what technology is now. "We assumed things were happening but when we received the files, there was nothing written in the last 12 years. Jennifer Kesse has not been seen since 2006. Jennifer Kesse's family has undergone years of investigation and is nowhere near giving up until their daughter is found. So, I'm heading now to his last known address where I'm hoping we can find him. The woman claimed that Chino often approached her in the parking lot late at night when she returned from work and made her feel uncomfortable. Colleen: He was apologetic. Her face was everywhere. But upon further investigation, police realized the cell tower data was misinterpreted, and she actually wasn't out that night. As he continued his investigation, Torretta learned that 10 months after Jennifer disappeared, a person was seen dumping a rolled-up piece of carpet into a lake not far from her condo. But to the Kesses' frustration, the person caught on that camera could not be identified. Drew Kesse: So, at this point in time, the only people that are truly investigating what happened to Jennifer is us and our team. The Biggest Jennifer Kesse Theories: What Really Happened? - Grunge.com Get todays headlines in minutes with Your Florida Daily: Copyright 2023 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved. The Kesses have dedicated their lives and weathered enormous financial hardship to finding the truth of what happened to their beautiful 24-year old daughter on that January morning in 2006. She got ready for work and left. That night she talked to family, friends and her boyfriend as well. Joel Wright [2008]: We've done quite a bit of measuring and work with the camera angles. Therefore, the only ones left were the laborers who were working on her condo complex expansion. Background Jennifer Kesse was born on May 20, 1981, in New Jersey to parents Drew Kesse and Joyce Gilmour. All calls were simply being sent straight to her voicemail, suggesting that the phone had been turned off. The tip was anonymous and suggested Chino may have been involved in Jennifer's disappearance, but it's unclear if police had looked into it or talked to Chino at all. 9 things to know about the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse A private investigation team for . Jennifer Kesse was in love. After Chino's name came up multiple times, the Kesse team was anxious to talk to him.