WebAn URL provided by Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa, in case the user has a subscription. Click the plus icon and type/select SmartThings. Set up Nabu Casa if you have not already done so. WebThe first step in troubleshooting is to take a look at the logs. If I put my Nabu Casa address in as the Home Assistant URL it works fine (mostly - see below) outside my network. It comes with a nice tts.cloud_say service. If I then define my SSID and add an internal connection URL it doesnt work locally. So is the only solution here to go to Nabu Casa? probot-home-assistant bot added the integration: withings label on Jun 7, 2022 #73228 nebriv mentioned this issue on Jun 14, 2022 Explicitly generate an _external_ webhook URL for Withings integration #73228 via email github-actions bot added stale and removed stale labels on Jul 15, 2022 jarvih mentioned this issue on Jul 23, 2022 The Chormecast URL was indeed the the Nabu Casa URL and that turned out to be easiest thing to fix. The wheel spins for a few seconds, stops briefly and spins again briefly before crashing and returning me to the phones home page. It contains for which hostname an incoming request is destined, and we forward it to the matching local instance. Add an exception for both the local URL and the remote Nabu Casa URL. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. WebUPDATE: it worked a few days ago when I filmed this but apparently the line about base_url is no longer needed. Does the app have location permission? The remote portal is only meant for temporary one time connections. For example: https://example.duckdns.org:8123. Remote access Mobile App and Nabu Casa Is there any benefit to switch from ddns to nc? WebHome Assistant Cloud is a subscription service provided by our partner Nabu Casa, Inc. I picked the reverse proxy path because it allows access not only from anywhere but from any machine/device without having to install an app with admin rights. Then open an issue on github with the log. const sample = new Audio("/misc/tts_demo.mp3"); Send a message to wake up the device. Make sure youve killed the app and restarted it so it picks up that youve set up Nabu Casa. You can use your Nabu Casa URL for the Neato redirect URL. Mine works both externally and internally using this process. GitHub I recommend that you use Nabu Casa (Home Assistant Cloud) for this. WebFrom Home Assistant, navigate to Configuration then Integrations. from your phone, your favorite coffeeshop or at work. We understand! The withings site directs you to the domain in question but no HA is hosted there. configuration Set up Nabu Casa if you have not already done so. Learn more I can offer no help in troubleshooting it though Im afraid because I really dont remember what order I did things to make it work (for now? What I was suggesting was just to log in at Nabu Casa. Luckily, Home Assistant provides a helper method to ease that a bit. WebThe Home Assistant Cloud is enabled by default. I found that I didnt need the domain at all. What inside the same options in HA android companion app? This issue affects users who use Firefoxs Browser & Privacy settings in Strict Mode. Just change the base in the browser url to the url you want, like http://192.168.1.12. Groove200 1 yr. ago I know this is old.but THIS just saved me from giving up. I now run using a Nabu Casa url but no longer have an internal url to access HASS. Replace any DuckDNS URLs in your config (hopefully in secrets.yaml) with the Nabu Casa remote URL. Toggling it on from within your own server settings and leaving it on is the persistent way. configuration internal_url string (Optional) The URL that Home Assistant is available on from your local network. Remote UI I cannot load by the ip anymore. It integrates with the Home Assistant webhook support, which can be used to trigger automations, send location data with OwnTracks, and much more. Hacky ways to fire automations from an external network (no Nabu Casa, external url) I have a Lutron Caseta switch (that's not actually wired to anything - don't ask) that I can turn on / off via the Lutron app from anywhere. With Home Assistant Cloud, you can connect your Home Assistant instance in a few simple clicks to both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Perfect to run on a Raspberry Pi or a local server. A dialog will open that will show you a unique URL that you can use to trigger your automation. Companion App Networking Ive needed to do that from time to time. Once configured, were going to the Cloud panel (Configuration -> Cloud) and scroll down to the webhooks cards. Im not using nabu casa, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. Examples: WebUPDATE: it worked a few days ago when I filmed this but apparently the line about base_url is no longer needed. external Home Assistant without Nabu Casa Subscription WebIf you have Nabu Casas Home Assistant Cloud, the easiest way to resolve this, is by visiting your Home Assistant instance from the remote UI URL. Once you activate the checkbox, external URL will become deactivated. For trigger, from the dropdown click Webhook. You can find them in the sidebar by navigating to Settings > System > Logs in the UI. Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. This can take up to 60 seconds. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For example, enter hello-world. The instructions on the screen will guide you to install the application and configure OwnTracks to use Home Assistant. Help us to improve our documentation Suggest an edit to this page, or provide/view feedback for this page. Home Assistant Home Assistant SDM Nest Integration Ive needed to do that from time to time. This feature alone is worth the monthly fee. WebYou can use any free port on your router and forward that to port 8123. Choose the disabled option, save, and then reboot the host back by clicking reboot in the Host card. I access my HA through a reverse proxy and that's it. Install and configure the DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant by following these steps: Open Home Assistant and go to Settings > Add-ons. on the fly meaning you can assign different voices to different tts messages. This can cause you to lose access to Home Assistant while away. This issue is especially common for people using the If I have it as in the following picture it works fine on my home network. Configuration jaswalters November 16, 2020, 2:55am #1 I used to run HASS with a local url as in http://192.168.1.X. Hacky ways to fire automations from an external network (no Nabu Casa, external url) I have a Lutron Caseta switch (that's not actually wired to anything - don't ask) that I can turn on / off via the Lutron app from anywhere. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL Web@donchrizz I think that's the weird catch here if you doing a non-(Home Assistant Cloud) setup, and keeping all in house (pun intended ), then you have to setup SSL.If you setup SSL (likely using Lets Encrypt), then you have to setup DNS. If I try https://ip then it takes me to HA but complains that the cert does ot match because the SSL cert is for a duckdns name I setup. Home Assistant Remote Access with DuckDNS With Nabu Casa cloud I always felt the mobile HA app hung for a few (frustrating) seconds when switching from wifi at home to mobile data. Im more than happy to help providing any further info (logs etc.) WebIf you've set up Nabu Casa Cloud in your Home Assistant the checkbox to "Connect via Cloud" should now become available. For some reason that has allowed me to login with the Android app. Update your mobile apps to use the Nabu Casa URL. Home Assistant Go to Settings -> Home Assistant Cloud. Home Assistant Groove200 1 yr. ago I know this is old.but THIS just saved me from giving up. To get started, open Home Assistant, go to the cloud page in the configuration panel. Users running a standard installation of Home Assistant, can disable IPv6 in the UI from the Supervisor > System > Host card. Forgot about changing some Home Assistant API sensors to http. The app seems (subjectively) to be happier now I have the same URL for internal and external access. Adding DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant. You can find them in the sidebar by navigating to Settings > System > Logs in the UI. So I guess thats what I use for the Chromecast Audio then. If this protection has been manually disabled and the Home Assistant Team has identified a new insecure version, it will automatically re-enable the protection by itself. Help Adding Remote Nabu Casa URL Sorry I cant help you with that. Home Assistant After closing the app I cant now open it on the local network either. This in turn fires an automation that does a Wake on Lan to a device that is Tailscaled. being incorrectly marked as available. If you can connect it to Home Assistant, you can now control it with your voice using the Amazon Echo, Google Home or your Android phone. but the app starts, shows the HA logo and Loading Data before going to a white screen with a plain header bar with a non functional hamburger menu but the wheel spins for a few seconds before the app crashes. I wish I could have all of the hours of my life I spent getting Google Assistant working reliably before Nabu Casa was a thing back. In order to pass the right one, Home Assistant needs to For example, IP based URLs, Nabu Casa Remote UI URLs or URLs based on hostname (e.g., homeassistant.local). Perfect to run on a Raspberry Pi or a local server. }); With Home Assistant Cloud, we will worry about the hard parts. Or just click the My Home Assistant Link below: Search for DuckDNS add-on and install it. That will load HA and the config workflow will complete. Also, if using Google API for Nest integration, I imagine there are some changes there? Yes, there is no need for ssl keys if you use nabu casa, ah sorry. OwnTracks is an application for iOS and Android that allows your phone to report information securely and directly to Home Assistant. Ive read countless posts on this but none pointing me to what Im Quickly access your Home Assistant instance WebThe first step in troubleshooting is to take a look at the logs. Home Assistant Encryption is provided by a Lets Encrypt certificate. Hacky ways to fire automations from an external network (no Nabu Casa, external url) I have a Lutron Caseta switch (that's not actually wired to anything - don't ask) that I can turn on / off via the Lutron app from anywhere. You should use your URL, actually. To get started, go to Configuration -> Integrations, and under OwnTracks click Configure. sample.play(); Nabu Casa, Inc. - 15 Hubble Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92618, Hit enter to interrupt the running log and login using, At the Home Assistant custom console, enter. Home Assistant It does seem that something somewhere is getting its knickers in a twist and that Mike has a point in that logging in through the various ways in a certain order seems to clear the blockage. I see the HA logo with the Loading data message, Then the screen clears to the HA blue top bar with a non-functioning hamburger menu, the loading circle spins for while and then the app crashes. Just one small further question Check out their website for more information on features, pricing and how to configure Home Assistant. The point is, in OAuth2, the redirect URI needs to be passed by Home Assistant. I got it working using a proxy in front of HomeAssistant. Nice. This is very important, otherwise you will get a 400 invalid request error. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. Note that this setting may only contain a protocol, hostname and port; using a path is not supported. Set up Nabu Casa if you have not already done so. external To get started, open Home Assistant, go to the cloud page in the configuration panel. Home Assistant For example, IP based URLs, Nabu Casa Remote UI URLs or URLs based on hostname (e.g., homeassistant.local). Then just put your local IP for internal and leave the external blank. external WebThe Home Assistant Cloud is enabled by default. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. My problem is that I understand enough to set up external access but not enough to know if Ive done it safely. Nabu Casa has no investors to satisfy, just its users. cogneato (Cogneato) January 8, 2021, 7:31pm #17 You should use your URL, actually. Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, TTS and Webhooks will continue to work during a security block. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). Hard to tell based on your network setup what I can tell you is plenty of folks have the exact same setup you do in the app with a nabu casa URL and using the wifi connection part to connect locally. You can use your Nabu Casa URL for the Neato redirect URL. WebWith Home Assistant Cloud, you can connect your Home Assistant instance in a few simple clicks to both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Home Assistant Ingress in Firefox causing 401: Unauthorized Unable to reach the Home Assistant Cloud Error fetching the cognito keyset Is it something else? Ive also set it up so we can switch them in the UI so if we get bored or annoyed with one voice we can switch it up for a bit easily. To finish the automation, lets pick for action Call Service and set the service to light.turn_on. Configuration jaswalters November 16, 2020, 2:55am #1 I used to run HASS with a local url as in http://192.168.1.X. If not, add this to your configuration: # Example configuration.yaml entry to enable the cloud component cloud: Once activated, go to the Settings panel in Home Assistant and create an account and log in. Visit your instance on the remote URL. get started with Home Assistant. The local instance has generated and owns the certificate and so only the local instance will be able to decrypt the incoming traffic. The only way to get the app to start again is to clear the cache and data and start again from the beginning. This error usually occurs when the Home Assistant host has a bad IPv6 network configuration. HOME ASSISTANT SUPERVISED installation on top of Ubuntu Bionic or another Linux installation. SmartThings WebHome Assistant Cloud is a subscription service provided by our partner Nabu Casa, Inc. After a long time I finally subscribed to Nabu Casa but thats besides the point. If you're running an external Mosquitto, you can bridge it to an identical broker running in a cloud server. EDIT: If you are here for the first time please look further down for the latest summary of my problem: Im trying Nabu Casa. Remote access See New Neato Integration Installation Guide (OAuth2 for HA version 2021.1) - #55 by Aaron_P. WebIf you've set up Nabu Casa Cloud in your Home Assistant the checkbox to "Connect via Cloud" should now become available. With Nabu Casa we're breaking this trend. WebThis redirect URL needs to be externally accessible. Nabu Casa external links worked for many months but stopped about two HA releases ago and never worked after. WebThis redirect URL needs to be externally accessible. Examples: SmartThings With Nabu Casa cloud I always felt the mobile HA app hung for a few (frustrating) seconds when switching from wifi at home to mobile data. The solution is to make sure that Docker uses a public available DNS server, such as those provided by Google or another of your choosing. The local Home Assistant instance will receive the TCP packets, demultiplex them, decrypt them with the SSL certificate and forward them to the HTTP component. Make sure you do the configuration from your external URL. You can solve this by using a free Dynamic DNS service like DuckDNS. Once configured, were going to the Cloud panel (Configuration -> Cloud) and scroll down to the webhooks cards. Support with Google Nest integration and Nabu Casa Home Assistant Remote Access with DuckDNS This is very important, otherwise you will get a 400 invalid request error. Help Adding Remote Nabu Casa URL Does that not change when I disconnect and reconnect remote access? My Nabu Casa link still works and since I didnt open the 8123 port to the outside on the firewall, when using the https://local_ipaddess:8123 URL when at home, I get a SSL warning because the certificate is tied to DuckDNS and not my local ip address but ignoring the warning, my connection still works and is now encrypted. Troubleshooting Go to Settings -> Home Assistant Cloud. The bit I was not understanding was what /local actually meant. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. WebAn URL provided by Home Assistant Cloud by Nabu Casa, in case the user has a subscription. External: Nabu Casa remote URL, Set the tts base URL to your Nabu Casa remote URL, preferably using !secret. For example I use the Nabu Casa remote UI URL https://.ui.nabu.casa/. URL Your URL should be in the following format: Make sure you do the configuration from your external URL. Help Adding Remote Nabu Casa URL I mean beeing encrypted in your local network is necessary for what? configuration We operate a cloud that won't store any of your data and processes commands locally. Alright, so you got all excited, tried to setup cloud and something went wrong? If you use the default DNS, then you'll get your own external IP address back, which is likely going to take you to Today these are the biggest open source projects that keep your home private and your data local. Im really impressed with the Nabu Casa service, but I cant figure out how to get my Home Assistant iOS app to use the Nabu Casa-generated URL as the external URL. A problem with making a port accessible is that some Internet Service Providers only offer dynamic IPs. Home Assistant Had to delete my duckdns domain as it was generating these errors: Had to set the logging level to debug to track it down. WebThe Home Assistant Cloud is enabled by default. Under the hood, your local Home Assistant instance is connected to one of our custom built UI proxy servers. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). ), On the plus side, the app is excellent (but I knew that already from using it locally ). Yes its probably someone scanning your open port. After the trial, it will charge a monthly or annual fee. Click the plus icon and type/select SmartThings. Powered by a worldwide community of tinkerers and DIY enthusiasts. The remote portal is only meant for temporary one time connections. The profits go to help supporting Home Assistant development. And we will keep making them better for you. configuration Our approach has one single weakness that is unavoidable: since we own the domain that hosts the remote connection, we are able to issue our own certificate and man-in-the-middle attack (MITM) remote connections. As a user, the only configuration step that you need is to enable it from the cloud configuration panel. Remote UI Click on change across from the IP address shown in the card, and expand the IPv6 dropdown. Ive needed to do that from time to time. configuration Home Assistant I have a Lutron Caseta switch (that's not actually wired to anything - don't ask) that I can turn on / off via the Lutron app from anywhere. I set up a gmail account just for this, then set up the node to look for new mail and parsed the body of the email for keywords to do different things. Tough to tell whats going on. If after a while you decide to stick with Nabu Casa go to. Just add .ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback to the end (.ui.nabu.casa/auth/external/callback). Im really impressed with the Nabu Casa service, but I cant figure out how to get my Home Assistant iOS app to use the Nabu Casa-generated URL as the external URL. Adding DuckDNS add-on in Home Assistant. WebFrom Home Assistant, navigate to Configuration then Integrations. ; Click the Add-On Store button and search for the DuckDNS add-on. You'll either be redirected back to the HA and it will confirm setup is complete. if that is useful. There are a lot of ways you can trigger automations from outside your network that don't involve Nabu Casa or external urls. The missing cloud piece for Home Assistant, by the founder of Home Assistant. Ive read countless posts on this but none pointing me to what Im looking for. This URL will only be accessible when your local instance is connected to the remote UI server. Nabu Casa & Chromecast URL - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Addon webpage ingress issues because of Firefoxs tracking protection. Once configured, were going to the Cloud panel (Configuration -> Cloud) and scroll down to the webhooks cards. - Configuration - Home Assistant Community Nabu Casa with local url? Please note, such a block only affects the remote UI feature, all other Cloud features will keep functioning normally. Hopefully they get us the crash logs beforehand so we can try to fix the actual issue, Hopefully they get us the crash logs beforehand, I looked at this and it seems that I need to install a lot of extra software on my PC and phone for this. If not, add this to your configuration: # Example configuration.yaml entry to enable the cloud component cloud: Once activated, go to the Settings panel in Home Assistant and create an account and log in. I had time to give it a try so to answer my own question in case somebody else might be wondering the same thing in the future, I followed the DuckDNS/Lets Encrypt Hassio plugin info to create my SSL certificate and filled in the HTTP section in the configuration.yaml file. Your automation is now created. Nabu Casa Ive realised I had this post poorly tagged so hopefully now someone who knows/develops the Android app will see this. To configure TTS integrations to use external URLs, set the base_url configuration option. WebThe URL that Home Assistant is available on from the internet.