At 375 degrees, a 4-pound meatloaf should take 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour and 50 minutes. Whether youre cooking for a family dinner or preparing a dish for a special occasion, you want to make sure its cooked through without drying it out. 1 hr., approx. One of the problems with making meatloaf is that it often shrinks while it is cooking. Rediscover The Pleasure Of Entertaining at Home, Blog, Food & Recipes / December 7, 2022 by Jasper Scott / Leave a Comment. A thicker loaf will take longer to cook. Theres not much to it, right? 2-Pound Meatloaf: 55 minutes to an hour and 10 minutes; start checking the temperature at 55 minutes 3-Pound Meatloaf: 90 minutes to 2 hours; start checking the temperature at 90 minutes In a convection oven, you'll want to cook meatloaf for 26 to 42 minutes per pound at a temperature of 325F instead of 350F. Plus theres tangy and sweet sauce on top something even kids would love! Its typically made from ground beef or lamb mixed with breadcrumbs, seasonings, and milk. Meatloaf is probably one of the easiest meals to make. If you set your oven at a temperature of 375, a 1 lb meatloaf will generally take you about 50 minutes to fully . Place in the prepared pan. However, be careful not to overcook your loaf, and dont make it dry. This means that I turn the stove to that setting when Im ready to cook. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Hello, I'm Erin.Welcome to Table for Seven!Here you'll find hundreds of recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert and everything in between.Just right for your family and your budget. When the temperature is too low, the meat will not brown properly. It might take some time to make, but its worth every minute. Meatloaf was something I grew up on as a kid and was always my favorite dish. You can cook the meatloaf on low or med heat for about 1 and a half hours or until it is well done. Mix everything together until it is well combined and do not overmix. Home-Style Meatloaf Recipe - BettyCrocker.com At a high setting, your meatloaf should take about 10 to 12 minutes to fully cook through. Everything you need to know about how long to bake meatloaf at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add seasonings to your meatloaf like salt, pepper, paprika, and other seasonings you want to add according to your taste! Preheat the oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch round (1 1/2 quart) ungreased baking dish. However, if youre using beef or chicken, then you will want to spray the pan liberally with cooking spray in order to help prevent sticking and ensure even browning. It means you'll have to put in extra effort by focusing on the meatloaf frequently. In this blog post, well teach you how to cook a perfect 2lb meatloaf every time! You should let the meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before . The meat will be perfectly cooked and wont dry out or become tough. You should cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. If your meatloaf falls apart, its either because you didnt use enough binding ingredients or you didnt press the loaf together tightly enough. A 2 lb meatloaf will take around 1 hour to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, however, the timing might vary greatly depending on the form and size of the meatloaf. How Long To Bake Crab Cakes In Oven At 450 Degrees? Third, mix in some quick oats. If youre new to cooking, its hard to know how long to cook a specific dish. However, keep in mind that the type of beef and the form of your meatloaf might somewhat alter the amount of time needed to bake it. Interviewing food nutritionist and experts in the field. How long does it take to cook 2 lb meatloaf in the convection oven? Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription. It will stay fresh for roughly 3 to 4 months if kept properly, but it will be safe beyond that period. Many people are familiar with the scenario of meatloaf that falls off the oven rack and onto the floor. It depends on how thick the loaf is. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. So if youre looking for a delicious and moist meatloaf, be sure to add milk! How long do you cook a 2 pound meatloaf at 400? The ideal timing guidelines to follow when cooking meatloaf per pound has been described in the table below: This meatloaf recipe is one that yields such tender and delicious results at the end of the cooking. Here are three examples: If so, it might be time to drain the grease off. But, why not take your meatloaf to the next level and wow your guests even more? RMR Calculator: How Many Calories Do I Burn A Day Resting? But as with any cooking method, its always best to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meatloaf to ensure it is cooked all the way through. Signing up gives your consent to emails and personalized ads. If you are unsure, you can always start by adding a little bit of water to the bottom of the pan. Making meatloaf. The process of draining the grease will make your meatloaf more Savory and Delicious. But no, we wont let that sway our opinions. 35 to 45 minutes. 1. Meatloaf is just super scrumptious! Its something that developed into a passion of mine so after years of perfecting my stable of meatloaf recipes I decided to share my passion for you to enjoy with your family! So dont miss out read on for all the details! The best way to ensure that your meatloaf is cooked all the way through is to use a meat thermometer. Some are recreations from my travels, others are from trendy places around the web, but with a new, interesting twist. The most important of these is the cooking temperature. Then, you just have to put your meat on a loaf pan, shape it evenly and flatten it out, and then you just let it bake! First, make sure your meatloaf mixture is not too wet. By following our tips and tricks, youll be able to cook your meatloaf perfectly every time! How Long to Cook Meatloaf Meatloaves come in a variety of sizes, so there's no one set cooking time that will produce a perfectly cooked loaf. Dont let old or stale breads affect the texture or flavor of your Loaf of Meatloaf. How Long To Cook 2 lb Meatloaf At 350 Degrees In Oven? On the prepared baking sheet, shape the meatloaf mixture into an 8 4 loaf. How long does it take to cook a 2lb meatloaf at 350 degrees? One of the biggest benefits of traveling for work is getting to explore a large variety of foods, which is why I brought Elapasony to life. Pork, chicken, and lamb are also good choices for meatloaf, but they are not as lean as beef. You bet. Refrigerate meatloaf in shallow airtight containers or wrap securely with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap to maximize the shelf life of cooked meatloaf for safety and quality. How Long To Roast Zucchini In Oven At 400? A smaller, thinner 1lb frozen meatloaf (about 2 inches thick) will typically take about 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook at 350F. Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs At a temperature of 350 degrees F, a 2 lb meatloaf should take 1 hour to cook, however, the timing can vary slightly by a few minutes as it depends on the size and shape of the meatloaf and the oven you are using. You may also experiment with other vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and shredded carrots. Cooking 2 pounds of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It will take 35 to 45 minutes to pound. A larger, thicker 1lb frozen meatloaf (about 3 inches thick) will take closer to 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes to cook at 350F. Cooking 1 pound of meatloaf in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The perfect recipe for juicy and delicious meatloaf. Subscribe to Blog Chef for the easiest recipes and cooking tips. Here you'll find hundreds of recipes for breakfast, dinner, dessert and everything in between. When frozen and thawed, how long does cooked meatloaf last? Cooked meatloaf that has been kept constantly frozen at 0F will keep safe indefinitely, according to the freezer time indicated. Though, you cant really lower the temperature anymore because anything lower than 350 degrees wont cook your meatloaf through. 1 hour should be plenty to cook a 2-pound meatloaf. Im a food enthusiast and journalist, and I have a real passion for food that goes beyond the kitchen. How Long to Cook a 2 1 2 Pound Meatloaf - ageekoutside.com As you now know, the answer to how long to bake meatloaf at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is 1 hour. How Long to Roast Green Beans In Oven at 425 Degrees? 2lb lean ground beef simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit . Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (75 degrees C). How Long To Cook Turkey Burgers In Oven At 400? Eggs and breadcrumbs are two key ingredients that keep the mixture together while it cooks, so add them in. Diet Plan Calculator: How Can I Lose Weight In 7 Days At Home? If cooking your meatloaf from frozen, 1 hour and 30 minutes are needed to cook your 2 lb frozen meatloaf in a 350 degrees F oven. But, if youre looking for ways to cook a meatloaf even faster, here are some ways you can quicken up that process to make sure the hungry tummies of your guests wont have to wait for too long! There are a few reasons why people put milk in meatloaf. Use higher-fat meats. Yummm! Gather all necessary ingredients and equipment like a loaf pan, meat thermometer, and mixing bowl. It takes at least two hours to two hours and 45 minutes to cook a meatloaf at 350 degrees. Once cooked, wrap the meatloaf in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container. Spread the meatloaf glaze on top when it has 15 minutes left to bake. Grate the onion on top. How long does frozen meatloaf stay good? To avoid overcooking the meatloaf, the best choice is to use a meat thermometer. 1 large egg How Long To Cook Turkey Meatloaf At 375? - - Tips And Tricks In The Kitchen Some people like to put ketchup in their meatloaf, while others do not. For the last 15 minutes of baking, cover it with aluminum foil so that its moist and succulent inside without drying out too quickly on top. In a conventional oven, youll want to cook meatloaf for 35 to 45 minutes per pound at a temperature of 350F, while checking the temperature toward the end of that time. There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Plus, baking can often result in a dry meatloaf that is difficult to slice. It takes 1 to 1.5 hours to cook a 2 lb meatloaf at 350 degrees in the oven. And Im sure, your meatloaf will save every dinner and make every family-and-friends gathering you have, the absolute best! How Long To Cook 1 lb Meatloaf At 375. Hi there! Simply follow the same cooking instructions as listed above, but omit the baking time. Its also really important to use high-fat meat types in order to avoid a dry, gritty meatloaf. Hey there, my name is Susan and I am a foodie at heart! 2 Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. We have provided timing instructions per pound of meatloaf in the next section of this article. 2 lb meatloaf will take about 1 hour and 15 minutes to cook at 350 degrees. How To Make Meatloaf With Stuffing Only 8 Step? Hamdi Saidani is a renowned food and recipe writer with hundreds of articles published across the web. 3. 4. How Long To Cook 2 Lb Meatloaf - Table for Seven Mix well and shape into a loaf. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, bbq sauce, brown sugar, and remaining mustard. Turkey meatloaf is typically served with vegetables mixed into the ground turkey that will help . In a convection oven, youll want to cook meatloaf for 26 to 42 minutes per pound at a temperature of 325F instead of 350F. In medium mixing bowl, break beef into small chunks. For an easy, delicious way to serve your 2lb meatloaf, bread is the perfect option. Make sure that your meatloaf is evenly coated with bread crumbs and spices before placing it in the oven. If you want your loaf of meatloaf to be juicy and wet, you need to keep the bread in check. The cook time per pound of Meat 133 Show detail Preview View more Im here to help you learn how to cook, and to show you that its not as difficult as you might think! This can be frustrating, because you may end up with a small portion of meatloaf after all your hard work. How Long To Bake A Cheesecake At 325 Degrees Fahrenheit In The Oven? How long do I cook a 2-pound meatloaf? - Quora 3. . And cook it until it is just done! How to prepare your meatloaf at 350. Ive been interested in food and cooking since I was a child. Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. At room temperature, how long does cooked meatloaf last? There are a few secrets to making moist meatloaf. In an oven that has been set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, a meatloaf weighing 2 lb will take 40 to 45 minutes to cook before it is ready to be served. Welcome to Elapasony, a blog for foodies!My name is Michael and I am so happy youre here. Echo is known for her unique style and approach to cooking, which has won her critical acclaim from food critics and diners alike. Make sure to adhere to the timing guidelines in this recipe because overcooking your meatloaf may lead to less desirable results. This would give you a decrease in your cooking time by a slight 5 minutes per pound! Baked meatloaf leftovers can be safely stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. One important thing to keep in mind is the temperature. Because it allowed home cooks to stretch scarce protein further than it might normally go, meatloaf became a popular dish during the Great Depression. Meatloaf is a delicious and hearty dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the meatloaf is cooked through and browned. Bake 40 minutes. The best temperature to cook the meatloaf at is 350F and it requires about 1 hour, give or take a few minutes, depending on size and shape. Some sides that go great with meatloaf would be some broccoli, spinach, or even potatoes would go great! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the meatloaf on top. . 3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Let meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. 1-Pound Meatloaf: 26 to 42 minutes; start checking the temperature at 26 minutes 1.5-Pound Meatloaf: 39 to 63 minutes; Put the breadcrumbs in a large mixing basin for meatloaf. First, be sure to use plenty of moisture-rich ingredients, such as tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. While the breadcrumbs are needed to hold the mixture together, the addition of milk, eggs, as well as ketchup not only contribute taste but also moisture. This will help make all sides crispy and golden brown. In a small bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Meatloaf that has been thawed in the fridge may be kept for another 3 to 4 days in the fridge before cooking; meatloaf thawed in the microwave or cold water should be eaten right away. Enjoy! Make sure your oven is set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit before cooking, as this will ensure that your meatloaf cooks evenly and doesnt end up too dry or overcooked. Alternatively, hamburger buns or garlic bread might be more suitable for those with meat-heavy diets. The meatloaf should take around 1 hour, depending on size and shape, to cook at 350F. Oranges are delicious and nutritious fruit that offer many health benefits. See privacy policy. How Long Does it Take to Cook a 3lb Meatloaf at 375 Degrees? It will take around 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes for the internal temperature of a 3 pound meatloaf to reach 160F. Just remember to check the internal temperature of the meat with a thermometer to ensure it is cooked all the way through. And third, you can insert a knife into the center of the meatloaf. It is easy to make and can be served with a variety of flavors. In a conventional oven, bake the loaf at 350F for 30 minutes. This is based on the fact that it takes about 15 minutes per pound to cook a meatloaf in a conventional oven. My specialty is writing engaging food-related content, and I take pride in being able to connect with my audience. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply replace the breadcrumbs with crushed Rice Chex or Corn Chex! And enjoy! We know that cooking meatloaf can be a tricky task, but thats why weve put together this helpful blog post. Instead, judge your meatloafs cooking time based on both its weight and the type of oven youre using. Generally, a meatloaf that is two pounds will take about an hour and fifteen minutes. A covered meatloaf typically takes approximately 45-60 minutes to cook, while an uncovered meatloaf typically takes 60-75 minutes to cook. By cooking the meatloaf in a pan, you can create a layer of moisture between the breadcrumbs and the beef which makes for an incredibly tender loaf. Another key factor is ensuring that the meatloaf mixture is well coated with sauce. Guide to Cooking Meatloaf: How Long to Cook a 2-Pound, 1-Pound, or 1.5 Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. A standard-sized loaf usually takes between 45 minutes or an hour, but check your thermometer before cooking longer. If you have any questions about the Affiliate Program and how it works, do not hesitate to contact us. You can make a simple yet classic and scrumptious one by mixing ketchup, sugar, vinegar, onion and garlic powder, a little cayenne for spice, and salt and pepper! Just remember to check the internal temperature of the meat with a thermometer to ensure it is cooked all the way through. One way to get the best results is by sauting them with butter or olive oil first so they release more moisture into your meal while cooking it on medium heat for about 1 hour 45 minutes max. Enjoy! How long to cook meatloaf at 375 degrees? Amazing Recipe How Long To Smoke Meatloaf At 250? Required fields are marked *. Some people like to cover their meatloaf with tinfoil when cooking, as it helps to keep the meatloaf moist. The interior temperature of a meatloaf should be 160F, so make sure to work towards that. 5. Cooking time for meatloaf is also vital because it will inevitably fall apart if overcooked. How Long to Cook a 2-Pound Meatloaf? - Taro Sushi Brooklyn How Long to Cook 3 lb Meatloaf - Meatloaf Help | Cooks Dream Scoop or pour off any surplus fat that has accumulated. Others prefer to cook their meatloaf uncovered, as it allows the top of the meatloaf to get nice and crispy. This will allow the ingredients to redistribute and will make the meatloaf more moist and flavorful. How Long To Bake Meatloaf At 350 | The Best Meatloaf Recipe Stir with a whisk until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed. Some of my fondest memories are tied to these desserts, so when you find a donut that reminds you of childhood, you hang onto that memory forever. In this article, weve put together a number of simple, yet useful tips and tricks that will help arrive at tasty and moist results with meatloaf recipes anytime, any day. A popular question that we get is this. Planning how to cook a large meatloaf is usually a bit of a challenge. On the other hand, 2 lb frozen meatloaf will take around 1 hour and 25 minutes to cook in an oven set to 375 degrees F. The trick to producing the perfect 2 pounds of meatloaf is to use lean ground beef, lots of binding components (eggs and seasoned breadcrumbs), and your favorite BBQ sauce to keep it moist. It takes 40 minutes to cook turkey meatloaf at 375 degrees in the oven to get a mouth watering meatloaf. So if you want to avoid using a thermometer, be sure to look for the juices to run clear, press down on the top of the meatloaf with your finger, or insert a knife into the center of the meatloaf. I specialize in healthy, flavorful recipes that are easy to make at home. We just love a good loaf of meat. This topping will add flavor and Herbaceousness to your meatloaf. 1 hour should be more than enough for a 2 pound meatloaf.Do not cut into the meatloaf right away, allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking. Here are a few tips to follow: 1) Make sure your Meatloaf is cooked thoroughly before placing it in the oven. For 2-3 pound meatloaf, it will typically take around 30 minutes to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The shape of the pan also affects how evenly the ingredients cook, making it easier to achieve perfectly cooked meat every time. If you find that your meatloaf is getting too soggy, you can always drain off the water and continue cooking the meatloaf without it. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. To grill your meatloaf, simply preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the meatloaf on the grates. Second, make sure your oven is properly calibrated; an overcooked meatloaf can be dry and boring. 3. Im telling you, a great meatloaf will be your familys new favorite, and its bound to solve every DD you have! 1 tablespoon onion, minced Do you want to make the best meatloaf ever? A whole spectrum of side dishes is available to complement the delicious taste and aroma of your favorite meatloaf recipe. Combine all beef ingredients (ground beef, eggs, onion, garlic, ketchup, panko bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, whole milk, and seasonings. How long does a 2lb meatloaf take to bake at 350? If you want to do that, here are things you can do! Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and combine well with your hands. The average meatloaf . You want the internal temperature for any food item to reach 160F before removing from heat. Meatloaf Cooking Times | LoveToKnow 35 to 45 minutes for every pound of meatloaf at 350F is a good rule to follow. Meatloaf should be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately an hour, give or take a few minutes due to variations in size and form. How Long To Bake Chicken Leg Quarters In Oven At 400 Degrees? A 4-pound meatloaf needs to bake at 350 F for two hours and 40 minutes. The temperature for meatloaf should be 160F, and the best way to check is with an oven-safe thermometer. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Mix together all ingredients until well combined and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes 1 hour. 5. Second, make sure your oven is properly calibrated. What temperature should I use to cook my 2lb meatloaf? For individual servings that bake quickly, mound the meat mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. If it is too wet, the meatloaf will not hold its shape. Meatloaf should be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately an hour, give or take a few minutes due to variations in size and form. It could be because you dont have enough binding agents. Heat oven to 350F. Meatloaf in its bare minimum is already heavenly. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. A smaller, thinner 1-pound meatloaf (about 2 inches thick) will typically take about 20 minutes to 25 minutes to cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. meatloaf in an oven at 350F for about 1 hour, or until it's cooked through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Ketchup, white vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper should be mixed in a small bowl before being used. What is the difference between a regular and an extra-large meatloaf pan? Meatloaf prepared with sauce freezes well; cooked dry meatloaf may become too mushy when thawed. The last piece of the puzzle to making a fantastic meatloaf is two-fold: cooking time and letting it rest. And I hope, this can help you prep and cook your meatloaf to absolute perfection, and wow your friends and family with the dish youre serving! Like all meatloaf, do not over mix. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Yes, it is safe to leave the meat in the oven for up to 1 hour without checking on it. Easy & Flavorful. Second, you can press down on the top of the meatloaf with your finger. Need to know the hottest recipes using your abundance of summer tomatoes? Just remember to check the internal temperature of the meat with a thermometer to ensure it is cooked all the way through. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, milk, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, onion, oats, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and egg. When it comes to meatloaf pans, the size is definitely important. 2. An overcooked meatloaf will shrink in size. However, some people may find their meatloaf pink inside because of the way it is cooked. For the best results, follow these directions for 1lb meatloaf and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. meatloaf will vary depending on the recipe and the method used. It's not hard, but it can be intimidating to know how long you should cook your 3 lb loaf at 350 degrees. The key to ensuring that your meatloaf cooks evenly is to follow the recipe as closely as possible and not over-cook it. To add some extra flavor during the cooking time just mix together ketchup or barbecue sauce to coat overtop-tasting delicious. However, since a convection oven circulates hot air around the food, cooking times are generally shorter. 1 pound ground beef (90% lean) cup panko bread crumbs; cup milk; cup ketchup; 2 cloves garlic (minced) 1 large egg; 1 onion (chopped) After cooking, do not slice into the meatloaf right away. Another option is to use a commercially available gluten-free flour mix. How Long To Bake Swordfish In Oven At 375 Degrees. That is to say, a 3 lb meatloaf would take around 1.5 to 2 hours to cook in the oven! How long do you cook a 2lb meatloaf at 350 degrees? A smaller, thinner 1-pound meatloaf (about 2 inches thick) will typically take about 40 minutes to 45 minutes to cook. When the temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit . Rest the meatloaf for at least 10 minutes after cooking before slicing. Arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven, and heat to 350F. Adding generous amounts of eggs, milk and ketchup, is really important to keep a delicate and moist texture on the meatloafs interior, so dont take this tip lightly.