Axial Yeti Jr. I had a similar problem where my friends kept complaining about my voice even though when I tested, everything was sounding decent. So, youll be making the most out of your microphone. It offers four different polar patterns: mono, stereo, omnidirectional, and bidirectional. In the Noise Filter window, you can adjust the settings to suit your needs. Sorry, this post was deleted by the person who originally posted it. The Quad Cast includes its own anti-vibration shock mount to help reduce the sound of any movements. If that didn't solve it then try downloading the NGenuity . It is perfect for podcasting, voiceovers, gaming, and more. HyperX gear is the choice of celebrity ambassadors, pro gamers, and tech enthusiasts worldwide because it's designed by people with a passion for gaming. Try not to speak too softly or too loudly, as this can make it difficult to understand what youre saying. It didnt quite work, idk if they had to change settings but we were trying to figure it out, but nothing worked. A quick video guide on How To Make The Hyper X Quadcast USB Mic Sound Better using my setup and settings. However, if you are going to be using the microphone for singing or recording music, then you will likely need a pop filter. The HyperX Quad Cast is the ideal all-inclusive standalone microphone for streamers, podcasters and gamers that are looking for a condenser mic with impressive quality sound. When it comes to Discord, we'd suggest going into the Voice & Video settings inside the app, setting your Input device to QuadCast. HyperX's mission has been to develop gaming products - headsets, keyboards, mice, controllers, charging accessories, mousepads, and earbuds - for the gaming community and beyond. In addition to that, open Windows Sound control panel -> Recording tab -> select QuadCast and click on Properties -> switch to the Advanced tab and make sure Default Format is set to 48000Hz. It has four condenser capsules that give you stereo sound and a clear, crisp voice. Discord has a tonne of audio settings that could be contributing to this 'bad' sound, These old threads - Might help Sloth (Answered). If possible, try to minimize any background noise in the room. My Mic sounds bad in discord - Audio - Linus Tech Tips DMCA. How do I make my Hypercast QuadCast sound better discord? How to make the HyperX SoloCast sound better with simple - 9to5Toys Ultimately, whether or not you need a pop filter depends on the specific microphone you are using. when i use the quadcast 1t -15 and -10 area id have to yell for it to register my voice. Hey! Often these have to be returned by me, but not always. Also, make sure that you are speaking into the mic directly, and not at an angle. Open the software Click on Settings in the bottom left If you find that your microphone is too quiet, you can increase the Microphone Boost slider to make it louder. I have the gain on the second lowest dot and im using the "cardioid" setting. To do this, open the Control Panel and click on Sound. polar pattern knob. This is free software that you can get from the store download and install. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. 1. mute button. My friends described it as if I was talking in to the tin can or that it sound worse then it used to (which made no sense to me because I was using a headset mic on HyperX cloud II). Youve now successfully tuned your HyperX microphone. In this video I'm talking to you about how to make the HyperX Quadcast and Quadcast S sound better. The HyperX QuadCast is a USB microphone that is designed for streaming and podcasting. You may also need to increase the volume for the Speakers and Headphones tabs. The HyperX QuadCast is an external sound card that has four microphone inputs. You can adjust the microphone volume, the audio output, and the equalizer. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A UPDATED video guide on How To Make The Hyper X Quadcast USB Mic Sound Better using my setup and settings. How to make your mic sound better: Video - 9to5Toys 219K views 8 months ago In this video I'm talking to you about how to make the HyperX Quadcast and Quadcast S sound better. It has become a norm these days. The final slider youll want to adjust is the Noise Gate slider. Next, go to the "output device" drop-down menu and select your computers speakers as your output device. Following that, disable automatic sensitivity adjustment, and set the microphone manually to anywhere between -15db and -10db. HyperX Cloud II bad mic quality :: Hardware and Operating Systems After doing so, test your microphone to see if it makes a difference. The first thing to consider is the placement of the mic. If you are looking for a versatile microphone that can be used for a variety of purposes, the Blue Yeti is the better option. Make sure the microphone is pointed at your mouth, otherwise it will be really quiet. Discord has some weird hidden settings that you cant change. If youre looking for a quality device that will give you great results, you may be wondering if the HyperX QuadCast is better than the QuadCast. Once youve installed the drivers, open the Control Panel and click on Hardware and Sound. The next step is to check the settings of your discord client. The first option is the Input device. If the sound quality is still not satisfactory, you may need to increase the volume. The next thing to do is go to the start menu, and download HyperXs ingenuity software. There are a few options enabled by default in Discord that could be impacting the mic quality, so try going into Discord Voice & Video settings, go to the Voice Processing section, and try disabling Echo Cancellation/Noise Reduction/Advanced Voice Activity and Automatic Gain Control. A pop filter can help to reduce the occurrence of pops, and make the recording sound smoother. If youre a Discord user and youre unhappy with the sound quality of your Hypercast QuadCast, youre not alone. 2. Even though it sounds great but some things cause it to sound low and bad. This slider controls the overall volume of your microphone. We'd first recommend going into Voice & Video settings and turning off all of the Voice Processing features. The answer is yes the QuadCast delivers clear, crisp sound and is perfect for streaming and podcasting. Comparison of Best Streaming Mics Top Picks 2023 Reviews Were going over some remedies to help you fix this issue so that your friends are safe from your horrible voice. The HyperX is a sensitive mic that picks up a lot of surrounding noises, so just make sure youre speaking into the mic and is close to your mouth. Our webshop is proposing 5 different amounts: The smallest price can be considered as a renewal . i already disabled all the noise reduction/auto gain control and echo cancellation. After installing, launch it. So today I finally received my Hyperx Quadcast and I've been very happy with it so far. Go to settings Navigate To Sounds Choose Input More Sound settings A new window will open Go to the Recordings tab, there you can turn the volume down or disable it, it will technically mute your mic but it's a tedious process. Thank you for the support!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MUST WATCH VIDEOS Twitch Guides \u0026 Tutotials: https://bit.ly/39mh91m-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------TIME STAMPS00:00 - Intro00:11 - Make The Hyper X Quadcast Sound Better00:46 - HyperX Volume and Settings01:15 - How to Add USB mic into SLOBS/OBS02:19 - Best Audio Filters in SLOBS \u0026 OBSThanks For Watching!#SwolJoe #HyperX #Quadcast It has always been like that since its release. $159.99 $100 View. To do this setup, we need a couple of pieces of software. It is a good option for podcasting, voiceovers, and gaming. Double-check that your QuadCast is selected as the default communication device. Also, make sure your QuadCast is properly set up. First, the four condenser capsules give you a wide stereo image and provide superior sound quality. Go onto your PC settings, then the sound tab. HyperX Quadcast Sounds Terrible - Audio - Linus Tech Tips Many users have reported that after buying Hyperx Quadcast mic, all they cared about is trying it in Discord as most of us arent YouTubers and streamers. The QuadCast also has a lot of great features, such as a built-in chat mixer that lets you adjust the levels of your chat and game audio, and a dedicated stream button that lets you start and stop streaming with ease. More sharing options. If youre looking for an all in one microphone that offers a lot of flexibility, then the QuadCast is a good option. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Also, for bonus optimization, disable the Echo Cancellation, Noise Reduction, and Automatic Gain on Discord. This slider controls the amount of amplification that is applied to your microphone signal. You can also try changing the audio settings on your QuadCast to improve the sound quality. Finally, if youre using a PC, you can try downloading and installing software to improve the sound quality of your QuadCast. There are all sorts of things you can do to make the HyperX Quadcast sound fantastic and these are some of them:1 - get it on a boom arm and get it close to your mouth2 - reduce the gain as much as possible3 - set it to Cardioid pick up pattern 4 - download firmware using Ngenuity5 - set the mic to 48KHz/16-bit sample rate in Windows sound settings 6 - Make sure it's selected as the default communication device7 - Apply other settings in OBSIn this video I'm showing you how to tweak sound settings in OBS too, including adjust bit rate and sample capture in sound settings, applying filters, using the monitoring to check the levels and more. But when I use it, it sounds terrible. The HyperX QuadCast is a newly released microphone that has many people wondering if it is any good. Our donationware model allows selecting the price amount according to your means or usage. This will help to ensure that your voice is being picked up clearly. There's a few tips here that I share based on my experience while live streaming. The QuadCast mic by HyperX includes a built-in shock mount and pop filter. It has a built-in headphone amplifier and a digital audio converter. The issue is obviously, isnt related to the QuadCast itself rather, its related to Discord. The first and most important thing to do is you can get it off its mic stand and onto a boom arm. HyperX QuadCast vs. QuadCast S: Is There A Difference? headphone jack for monitoring audio. In addition to that, open Windows Sound control panel -> Recording tab -> select QuadCast and click on Properties -> switch to the Advanced tab and make sure Default Format is set to 48000Hz. You can use the Mic Test feature inside Discord to hear what you sound like now by clicking on the Let's Check button. We won't send you spam. How to make hyperx quadcast sound better - SoundAcademy Weird echo sounds coming from my mic on Discord (Hyperx Quadcast) These days, it has become the standard. If you are looking for a microphone that is specifically designed for podcasting, the HyperX QuadCast is the better option. The HyperX SoloCast has about a 50mm diameter. Your mic doesnt need it as it has it preinstalled in the mic itself. Perfect Boom Arm- Suspension boom arm stand fit your HyperX QuadCast suitable, you can easily adjust the mic to the suitable angle or height to show your perfect voice.Before installing your hyperx microphone to the microphone arm, you can loosen the knob and adjust it to the angle you want to tighten after installing your gaming mic. How To Mute Razer Seiren Mini? (Answered) - West Games Under the Voice tab, make sure that the Microphone and Output settings are set to the correct devices. If you want a more intimate sound, move the mic closer to your mouth. However, be careful not to increase the boost too much, or you may end up with a distorted signal. Welcome to the HyperX Family. (Step By Step Guide), Menu Screen Not Working In Project Zomboid- 3 Solutions, Ready or Not Black Screen- 4 Things You Can Do, 3 Reasons And Solutions For Lag In Hunt Showdown, Escape From Tarkov vs Hunt Showdown- Key Differences, 4 Fixes For Audio Popping In Red Dead Redemption 2, Cursor On Screen in Hunt Showdown- 4 Things To Do, 3 Methods To Solve Sea Of Thieves Audio Not Working, 5 Quick Solutions For Hunt Showdown Stuck On Smoke Screen, 3 Troubleshoot Tips For Resolving Hunt Showdown Connection Issues, No Audio While Playing The Forest In VR? In this article, well show you how to make your QuadCast sound better on Discord. Try the microphone out and see if it sounds good. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. 2. The HyperX QuadCast is a more expensive microphone, but it offers superior sound quality and performance. HyperX QuadCast S - RGB USB Condenser Microphone for PC, PS4, PS5 and Mac, Anti-Vibration Shock Mount, 4 Polar Patterns, Pop Filter, Gain Control, Gaming, Streaming, Podcasts, Twitch, YouTube, Discord . Take Control Dont let your environment control you. Get HyperX Ngenuity here - https://hyperx.com/pages/ngenuityDownload Nvidia Broadcast - https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-app/Related Watching:How to tighten the Blue Compass Boom Arm (featuring the HyperX Quadcast S) https://youtu.be/gpxN38QOlxoMy Quadcast S review - ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-G6nLiS2UHyperX Quadcast S vs Roccat Torch https://youtu.be/P0jbUicF_y4 HyperX Quadcast S is an upgrade to the HyperX Quadcast that now includes (drum roll please) RGB. You can reverse the lighting effect for the HyperX QuadCast S mic being active by changing the settings in the NGENUITY app. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. A quick video guide on How To Make The Hyper X Quadcast USB Mic Sound Better using my setup and settings. HyperX QuadCast - USB Condenser Gaming Microphone, for PC, PS4, PS5 and HyperX on Twitter: "@crypticluke_ The Quadcast uses the Windows From there, click on the Recording tab and locate your HyperX microphone in the list of devices. as of this info here the mic uses windows drivers, so i wouls suspect it to be at fault here but both my machines are up-to-date and i never had any issues on my laptop to begin with, maybe commit to your own driver sw? If you're talking on discord and there's no physical button to mute your mic, all you have to do is set a hotkey for it. Now, you can start recording with your HyperX mic and your recordings will sound great! There are a number of different pop filters available, so you can choose one that best meets your needs. This slider controls the amount of noise that is allowed into your microphone signal. SUNMON QuadCast Boom Arm Mic Stands - amazon.com The QuadCast is also a good choice for people who need an external sound card for their computer. How do I make my Hypercast QuadCast sound better discord? Blue Yeti vs HyperX QuadCast - Stream Tech Reviews by BadIntent After installing, launch it. Next, go to Voice & Video settings under the App Settings section . Under the Voice tab, click on the Noise Filter tab. Overall, the HyperX QuadCast is a great device that provides high-quality streaming performance. Its pretty easy and simple. If you are looking for an affordable and versatile microphone for general use, the Blue Yeti is the better option. After doing all this, test your microphone and see if it improves the audio quality :) . I endeavour to avoid bias in my videos wherever possible and try to give honest, subjective opinions. How To Make The Hyper X Quadcast Sound Better - YouTube I have tried to record my voice and it sounded nice and there seemed to be no issue but that is not the truth for discord apparently. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Searching for a universal 50mm shock mount on . If you need a high-quality microphone for professional use, the HyperX QuadCast is the better option. No matter who you are or how you play Were All Gamers. You can also try changing the audio settings on your QuadCast to improve the sound quality. I don't know a fix for this, but im just re-assuring you that its not your mic, its discord, Had the same problems where the quadcast sounded worse than my Cloud's mic. The answer depends on your specific needs and preferences. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. #. According to their friends, theyve sounded like a tin can or it sounds even worse than they used to, with their headset mic. Amazon.com: HyperX QuadCast S - RGB USB Condenser Microphone for PC, PS4, PS5 and Mac, Anti-Vibration Shock Mount, 4 Polar Patterns, Pop Filter, Gain Control, Gaming, Streaming, Podcasts, Twitch, YouTube, Discord The SoloCast is a USB microphone. Press J to jump to the feed. In addition to that, you could also try clicking the Reset Voice Settings button at the bottom of the settings page. It could be your headphone's mic, a separate USB mic, or some other mic. Step 1: Download and install the necessary apps. I'm also showing you how to use @NVIDIAGeForce Broadcast to apply AI powered noise cancellation to your mic as well. (Try These 3 Fixes). The first slider youll want to adjust is the Microphone slider. If you are looking for a quality USB microphone, the HyperX QuadCast is a great option. it sounds ok to me when i test in settings but sounds like im talking in a tin can to my friends. Cookie Notice Control your environment instead. Now, one of the other things to do is to make sure that its in cardioid mode, so you have a polar pattern selector on the rear and you want to select a cardioid that looks like a bottom or an upside-down heart. Click on the "voice and video" tab and then select the "input device" drop-down menu. After updating, you should be on the latest firmware. Privacy Policy | The Quad Forged contains its personal anti-vibration shock mount to assist scale back the sound of any actions. These changes will assist to reduce unwanted noise and distortion and improve the microphone quality. Check the Default Format setting in the Windows Sound panel for your Playback/Recording devices. I think your friends are the issue, u gotta try and fix them. -Look for Speech and run the troubleshooter. Amazon.com: HyperX HyperX QuadCast - USB Condenser Gaming Microphone, for PC, PS4, PS5 and Mac, Anti-Vibration Shock Mount, Four Polar Patterns, Pop Filter, Gain Control, Podcasts, Twitch, YouTube, Discord, Red LED Radiant red lighting with dynamic effects: Stunning red lighting and dynamic effects for an eye-catching shot of customizable style. To do this, go to the website of the headset manufacturer and download the drivers. There are a lot of different game streaming devices on the market these days, and it can be tough to decide which one to buy. 3 Things To Do If HyperX QuadCast Sounds Muffled Once set up correctly, the mic is superb and sounds like a pro mic from the radio. #1 Hello everyone, today I've just bought the HyperX Cloud II (wired version), as an upgrade to my Plantronics Gamecom 780, that i have used ever since 2015. and after that, your mic will sound much much better than previously it was. if any updates are pending, itll install. -Press Windows key + X -Go to Settings -Click Update and Security -Click Troubleshooter then Additional troubleshooter. Taking it off the mic stand remove it away from any noises, that might include keyboard and mouse clicks, and other sounds on your desk that could otherwise, negatively impact the sound quality. I would like to resolve this problem somehow. The HyperX QuadCast sounds excellent right out of the box, but with a few easy tweaks, you can improve the sound even more. How To Turn Off Outlook Notification Sounds. Adding a universal shock mount. But some fixes can help resolve this issue! This will check the firmware updates. Make sure it's set to the highest available quality. But you are expected to pay your license if you find it useful or if you make any professional use. Adding a boom arm helps to get the SoloCast in a better position, but it can still pick up desk impacts if the clamp is hard-mounted to the same desk. To do this, open the Control Panel and click on Sound. Another handy tool to help mitigate this is a universal shock mount. Just follow these instructions closely and youll be making the HyperX QuadCast sound better in no time! (Answered), How To Make Razer Seiren Mini Sound Better? 1. Under the Playback tab, make sure that your speakers or headphones are selected as the default device. You can also adjust the sound settings on your Quadcast to make sure its set up to your liking. Best USB microphones 2023: Top mics for video calling, podcasting and Finally, its a good idea to avoid popping your Ps and Bs. Then I turned off echo cancellation (which is the one really ruining the sound) and I turned off advanced voice activity and now it sound crispppp and clean , ive had no luck fixing it, dont even know what to do tbh. How To Set Up A Microphone For Gaming And Discord now i built myself a desktop and the audio is generally bad but especially in discord, playing around with settings helps only a little. hyperx quadcast | Newegg.com Make sure to route your cables in a . I show filtered audio vs unfiltered audio. No matter who you are or how you play Were All Gamers.