Why are you running for School Board? Additionally, I believe that masks have unnecessarily harmed our children and do not support forcing masks on children. In the next few years, our district will be addressing several critical challenges, including financial sustainability in the face of declining enrollment; and how to continue strengthening our academic and career planning programs. Hudson, NH 03051 She has served on numerous nonprofit boards, including the Family Resource Center St. Croix Valley, St. Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity, and the Free Clinic of Pierce and St. Croix Counties. Campaign Created by: Mike MacDonald for Hudson School Board. He is an Environmental Services Director for The Goodman Group which operates assisted living communities. Here's who's running for 4 Detroit school board seats - Chalkbeat Detroit Fax: 603-883-1252, Follow Us on Twitter! Maine Medical Board Holds Hearing on Suspension of Dr. Meryl Nass's I wanted to help find a solution that worked for students, staff and the tax-payers. I would need more information regarding what would be reported and to who, as well as how danger is being defined. I support the current laws regarding mandatory reporting by school staff and medical personnel. Dont spam us. The education students receive at our schools is key to creating that opportunity. The Hudson School District Board of Education consists of seven at-large members elected to three-year terms. USD $ 25. 3 - JOB OFFER Candidates recommended for a position will receive a job offer I am running to be a voice for parents and students who see a need for School Choice, Parental Rights, and Fiscal Frugality. Mr. Gary Gasdia, Chair. Current school board member Bruce Hanson will not be running for. Everyone in our district should be doing what they can to help keep all our students safe. 9:00 PM. These discussions led to the formation of a strategic planning committee and numerous focus groups and conversations with the community. We'll send breaking news and news alerts to you as they happen! Snow Day Friday No. Prior political positions: Two terms on the Hudson School Board, 2015-2021. or attack others wont be allowed. Progressive Candidates Prevail in NH School Board Elections What prompted my running for school board was a consistent message from parents in the community that they struggled to get responses from the board and administration when they would bring concerns to their attention. The Selectmen meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at Town Hall. Comments (-1) You're online. Check the community calendar for last minute changes or additional meetings. I see Ryan Wheeler on the ballot, why is he not interviewed? How much freedom should teachers have over curriculum? I think the solution the Board of Education proposed, and the community agreed to, (expansion and remodel) is a long-term solution that provides our students with excellent opportunities for success while in school and beyond. Meet the Board of Education - Hudson Schools - Hudson High School I did my undergraduate work (BA Psychology) at a private college and my graduate work (MBA Nonprofit Management) at a Catholic university. 7:30 PM. Physician,Cardiac Intensivist Job Lebanon New Hampshire USA,Doctor ET. Working with other families to save our schools led me to decide to run for School Board. Hudson school board ballot set for April | Local News There is an undeniable learning curve as a member of the school board. I would not personally endorse any mandatory mitigation measures based on recent case trends and the relaxation of recommendations from the CDC and public health officials. In March 2019, the district leadership discussed how to redesign educational experiences to best prepare Hudson students for the 21st century. Heather is a member of the Hudson Daybreak Rotary Club and served as the 2017-2018 President of the River Falls Rotary Club. This election choses the kinds of leaders that we want to guide the education of our students. Alternative options should help us strive to improve our school district so that it becomes a place that all parents want to send their children and a place where all students feel they can thrive. 2023 Hudson Schools. Hudson Memorial School Nottingham West Elementary School Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center Hudson School District Nottingham West Elementary School 10 Pelham Road Hudson, NH 03051 Phone: 603-595-1570 Fax: 603-595-1515 About Us School Counseling Families Website accessibility policy Privacy policy Site map $300 HIRING BONUS FOR JOINING OUR TEAM! View current job openings Our ability to continue to levy at less than what is allowed by the State of Wisconsin is inevitably ending soon given the states continued reduction of funding to the Hudson School District. Email questions to jjohnson@orourkemediagroup.com. Principal Materials Program Manager (MPM) Job in Hudson, NH at Mercury Teachers should only introduce topics for educational purposes and not for imparting their beliefs on the students. 1:10. In Exeter, five left-leaning candidates held off challenges from opponents on . Kate has enjoyed volunteering in the classrooms for the past 17 years. Welcome to Hudson School District SAU81 Hudson School District Schools Details: WebHudson School District 20 Library St Hudson, NH 03051 603-883-7765 About Departments School Board Families Campus Suite, a web platform for schools hudson nh school dept dashboard Verified 1 days ago Url: http://www.sau81.org/ Go Now Candidates for the March 14, 2023 Election School Board (Three-Year Term) - Select T. PUBLIC NOTICE: 2023 School Election Open Positions. Dont name-call and attack other commenters. Hudson NH Candidate for School Board - Gary Gasdia by HCTV Publication date 2019-03-08 Topics New Hampshire, Hudson, Hudson Community TV, HCTV, Public Access TV, Community Media, PEG, Youtube, Hudson NH, School Board, Candidate, Gary Gadsdia, Gary Gasdia, Diane Cannava, 2019 Language English Hudson NH Candidate for School Board - Gary Gasdia Progressive Candidates Prevail in NH School Board Elections. Every community is different and what is good for Madison or Milwaukee may not be best for Hammond or Somerset. For more information on your polling place, visit. (opens in new window), Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, Library Street - Kindergarten (full-day program), Hills Garrison Elementary School - Grades 2 5, Nottingham West Elementary School - Preschool, Grades 2 5, Alvirne High School Grades 9 12 and the Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Technical Education Center, Strong learning environment safe and welcoming schools, Strong connections strong connections between schools, family and the community, Vibrant learning system students and teachers engaged in personalized learning to prepare for future opportunities, A letter of intent for position in consideration, Three business or professional letters of recommendation, Official copy of transcripts (if applicable), Copy of your certification (if applicable). Vacancy: Lower Merrimack River Local Advisory Committee. Goffstown School Board She serves on the Hudson Raiders Swim and Dive and Dive Boosters boards, and served as a Destination Imagination coach. Hudson City Schools; Watch Board Meetings; Board of Education. Other Hudson students might find a class available via virtual learning (through UW-River Falls, Chippewa Valley Technical College, etc.) Help us elect progressives to Hudson School Board. Sign up below! In one Houston-area school board race, every candidate who opposed critical race theory in schools won a seat in May. Maureen Dionne - Hudson School Board - Facebook Voters can vote for up to two candidates. My wife's parents Gary and Paige Lewis. I think the primary mitigation at this time should be common sense: for folks to stay home if they are symptomatic until asymptomatic or they test negative. With the mask issue now neutralized and schools largely back to a pre-pandemic normal, a new crop of school board candidates drawn by COVID debates are bringing new issues to races that. GROW With US! I believe that when topics regarding beliefs are discussed, that they are discussed and not taught, and that space is always created for conflicting beliefs. Winners will begin their terms on January 1, 2022 and. She graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College with degrees in History and Political Science and a minor in Womens Studies. I believe they should have a ton of freedom and I believe certain controversial topics are OK at certain levels, as long as all children are empowered to share and stand for their beliefs on controversial topics. Our career and technical education program provides students the opportunity to gain experience in a career path and potentially college credit in programs including Air Force ROTC, culinary arts, heavy duty mechanics, pre-engineering and veterinary sciences. Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. The key responsibilities of the board are to: The board encourages and appreciates public comment. PORTSMOUTH, NH The city election in Portsmouth will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 2. As a parent, I have experienced firsthand the incredible staff who educate, encourage, challenge and support our students. The board agenda and supporting documents are posted in advance of the meeting and can be found under Agendas & Minutes.. Furthermore, it typically takes one to two years to become effective on the school board as being only one of seven votes/voices and understanding your role is only to manage the superintendent, approve the budget and manage school district policy. - This resolution also provided, in part, that the Town of Hudson's form of government has been transformed, effective July 1, 1992, from a government comprised of a Town Council with Municipal Charter to a government comprised of Board of Selectmen with Annual Town Meeting. College students who are registered to vote inHudson Town/School electionsmay request an absentee ballot; complete and mail it to the Town Clerk's Office, 12 School Street, Hudson, NH 03051 or fax it to 603-816-1292. Any future mitigation measures should be based on actual medical and scientific data. Molly enjoys reading, learning new things, cabin time, spending time with family and friends, drinking coffee, and her two pups. What mitigation measures, with regard to COVID-19, would you endorse, if any, going forward? Nottingham West Elementary School | Nottingham West Elementary School NCES: Education Demographic & Geographic Estimates -Hudson. And one Black school board member, Gloria Timmons, reported receiving threats throughout the year. With this goal in mind and consistent with legal requirements, the District shall not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex (including gender identity, gender expression and nonconformity to gender role stereotypes), sexual orientation, race, color, national origin (including English proficiency, surname, or language-minority status), ancestry, religion, creed, age, pregnancy, marital or parental status, homelessness status, any physical, mental, emotional or learning disability, or any other legally-protected status or classification in its curricular, career and technical education, co-curricular, student services, recreational, or other programs or activities, or in admission or access to programs or activities offered by the District. How much freedom should teachers have over curriculum?Should they be allowed to discuss controversial topics such as critical race theory, the 2020 presidential election, COVID-19, etc. The following issues are ones I hope to address as a member of the School Board: You can find out more at meganforhudsonschools.com. HUDSON - Four candidates are vying for two vacant seats on the Hudson School Board, and on March 10 town voters will head to the polls to determine who fulfills those positions The school board is made up of individuals elected by residents to serve three-year terms, and there two terms coming due this election: [] Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. Their two adult daughters are Hudson High School alumni. Proposed Issuance of Bonds - Hudson School District Pursuant to RSA 33:8-a (I) and R. Read Article. why does the school board have this committee: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI). Describe your involvement in the Hudson School District or Hudson community: My husband Anand and I live in St. Joseph Township with our two daughters, Sarka (7) and Roza (2). School Board Elections - Hudson Schools Have the latest local news delivered every morning so you don't miss out on updates. Elections Voter and candidate information. I stand for medical freedom, so I am against any kind of vaccine mandate. When belief type topics are discussed in school it should not come from a right or wrong perspective, but one of mutual respect where it is made clear that conflicting beliefs on these topics exist and all perspectives will be welcomed and respected. Carrie was elected to the Board of Education in 2014. Hudson hosts the only in-house vet science program in the state and plans to roll out a drone program in 2021. Sarka is a second grader at Houlton Elementary and Roza will enter 4K in the fall of 2025. I hope to be one of the voices that helps to return to the premise on which Wisconsin public schools were founded. Describe your involvement in the Hudson School District or Hudson community: I am a resident of Hudson and concerned about the community in which I live. She graduated from the College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, Minnesota with a Bachelor of Science in Social Work. Should there be term limits for board members? For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. Pinardville, NH. He lives in New Hampshire with his wife, a. Jessica Grill New Hampshire House, Hillsborough District 18, NH with students? Normally, uncontested races are. I support the current laws regarding mandatory reporting by school staff and medical personnel. Hudson school board race heads down homestretch in turbulent year Yes, I believe getting more people involved in our community is always a positive, as well as providing a consistent stream of fresh perspectives. To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left. I wanted to help find a solution that worked for students, staff and the tax-payers. What prompted my running for school board was a consistent message from parents in the community that they struggled to get responses from the board and administration when they would bring concerns to their attention. Describe your background: Both of my parents were public school teachers, so I grew up appreciating the value of public schools, especially in small communities. When it comes to controversial subjects the teachers must use their professional discretion and judgment as to whether the subject matter or proposed learning resource is age appropriate. Beliefs should be taught at home, but some can be discussed at school when handled appropriately. She also a member of the St. Patricks Church music ministry. Three candidates will move forward to the Spring Election. The Hudson school board race is heading into the homestretch in what's already been a turbulent year for the community. I stand for medical freedom, so I am against any kind of vaccine mandate. Candidates Night Line-up Directions Hudson Community Center 12 Lions Ave Hudson, NH 03051 See map: Google Maps CCBYSA OpenStreetMap contributors Main Level of Town Hall (603) 886-6024 View Full Contact Details 21 - Education I earned a bachelors degree in Economics from Carleton College. Our children's education is on the ballot. Should there be term limits for board members? Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is seeking a board eligible/board certified Cardiologist with Critical Care Cardiology training and experience to join our academic practice of 40 Cardiologists at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) in Lebanon, NH, one of the nation's leading innovators in clinical care and national healthcare policy and the primary affiliate of . Any person may change party registration at any primary, upon oath or affirmation to the same effect, but he shall not be permitted to vote the ballot of any party at such primary (RSA 654:34(b)). CRNA Opportunity in Derry, New Hampshire 5 day workweek, no call The candidates are listed in the order they appear on the Spring Election ballot (April 4, 2023). Additionally, I believe staff should continue to be trained in identifying dangerous behaviors and making building leadership aware of potential risks. Should they be allowed to discuss controversial topics such as critical race theory, the 2020 presidential election, COVID-19, etc. He/she must appear in person at the Town Clerk's Office during regular office hours to request a change in party affiliation and will be asked to provide identification. No, Occupation: Attorney with Lommen Abdo law firm. Is there any reason to question the legitimacy of this election? Family: My family currently living in Hudson include my wife Mackenzie and our dog, Arrow. Carrie resides in Hudson with her husband Lance and their dog. I have served two terms on the Hudson School Board. Hurley Birth 11 May 1942 Death 16 Apr 2010 (aged 67) Burial. Critical race theory turning school boards into GOP proving - POLITICO Welcome to Derry Cooperative School District It takes nearly one full term just to learn all the parameters of the job and how to perform the duties effectively. Uploaded by The district has five schools the Early Learning Center, two elementary schools, a middle school and high school (including our newly renovated, state-of-the art career & technical education center). Members of House Select Committee on the CCP Hold Event Honoring Hong Any offer of employment that the Hudson School District extends to an applicant will be conditional upon successful processing of fingerprints and the receipt of criminal history and background check. I ran for the Hudson School Board first in 2015 because of the disconnect between the community and the school district. Qualified Candidates Must be board . The Hudson Virtual Academy is currently open to students in grades 9-12. Lets make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and Megan Rozowski Megan Rozowski and family Submitted Incumbent Hudson Board of Education member Heather Logelin will be on the April 4 ballot with Erin Gerlach, Randy Lawson and Megan Rozowski.. Raised: USD $ 875. I serve on nonprofit boards in Minneapolis and Woodbury. Recruiting for a CRNA to join a congenial 4 physician/3 CRNA private practice for the medical community for Parkland Medical Center in Derry, New Hampshire. Public Hearing Notice - Monday, January 9, 2023. Capture a web page as it appears now for use as a trusted citation in the future. I believe that strong public schools are critical not only to the future success of our students but also the continued growth and prosperity of our community. Board meetings are posted on the board calendar. Alternative options should help us strive to improve our school district so that it becomes a place that all parents want to send their children and a place where all students feel they can thrive. The primary reason I ran for school board in the first place in 2013 was the division in the community over solving the secondary space needs at the high school and middle school. We cannot allow the community to become divided again. We are fortunate to have well informed, conscientious and experienced board mores. The Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session for voter registrations on the first Tuesday of every month from 2:30pm-3:00pm.. School Board - Hudson Schools The primary reason I ran for school board in the first place in 2013 was the division in the community over solving the secondary space needs at the high school and middle school. Find job openings and apply to positions in the Hudson School District 1. Yes, I think alternative options for children are a positive thing, as all children deserve an opportunity for educational success. Cookies, Cocoa & Conversations A newly renovated and expanded career and technical education center with 15 programs, serving students from nine surrounding towns, The Superintendent's Office is located in theKimball Webster building, a former school house built in 1903, The district serves 3068 students in six schools, One high school + career & technical education center, The two most important strengths of the Hudson School District arethe dedicated staff members that work here to ensure each student receives a well-rounded education and the community building that is heavily encouraged and integrated throughout the entire district.. Give 12. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. Snow Day Friday Error! None. Current school board member Bruce Hanson will not be running for re-election. None that I am aware of.