Hello, It was organized in Cicero, Illinois, U.S., in June 1930 as the successor to the American Conference of Undenominational Churches. 3:1-16) However, some Independent Baptist churches do not accept that the word officer is the proper biblical term to be used and particularly does not apply to deacons. Independent Baptist churches (some also called Independent Fundamental Baptist or IFB) are Christian congregations, generally holding to conservative (primarily fundamentalist) Baptist beliefs. clarity/dont want to lieas far as experiences at churche sin regards to Tithing: I practiced tithing at former Non-Den churchPAastor explained tithing, giving & offering I think & wa sclear not mandatory but reallywhy tenth onlyactual giving by restricting only seemed to be what I learned from thatits all His. Independent Baptist - Wikipedia 7) divorce as the unpardonable sin you can be forgiven if you kill someone, or if you have been saved from a homosexual lifestyle, but God help you if you have been divorced, they will still let you come to the meetings but you have to set on the back row. I dont understand the context of your comment. From a Calvary Chapel web site: We do not maintain church membership; You must be born again spiritually to join the church of Jesus Christ, therefore membership is in the whole church of Jesus, not just our local fellowship., This practice stems from their Moses model (top down) style of church leadership. They have a 1st Amendment right to speak their mind, but that doesnt mean shouting down a preacher at a military funeral. Other churches founded in New England and in the Middle colonies were the actual mother churches of modern Baptist churches as these churches were responsible for starting other churches. In the Midst of Infighting, Anti-LGBTQ Church Network's Website and Likewiseif a church is teaching its wrong to do sothey are also in error. The way a Christian dresses should be governed by their love for Christ and other people, not by rules imposed by a religious authority to make one look righteous. Shall we offer excuses that were only human? In order to distinguish between the doctrinally unsound Baptist churches and those that believed the Bible many Baptist churches changed their name. I humbly asked a question. But the police proceeded to arrest them and throw them in jail. Spencer Smith on Instagram: "I was saved at 18 at an independent However, John the Baptist was an Old Testament saint and the last Old Testament prophet (Matt. Im not sure how they upkept thier Synagogue & relate dcostbut if Im not mistaken I learned during a conference that they actually gave more than our equivalent of a tenth in regards to thier goods/wealth (like mince, spices, etc)and perhaps separate monetray covered that cost or these items were bartered/traded to pay bills. Yes, I knew the life he led, and there was nothing externally that suggested he was anything but a vile sinner who was never saved. I myself wear pants and outside of church most of the other women do too. But if your axe is based on tithing being practiced & encouraged (no one mandates & makes me give)then you have a axe with much of Christendom. You said that I pulled that phrase out of context but then you went on to prove that it was in context. In reference to the quote you took it wasi n explanation in regards to another point poised regarding tithing a tenth of income vs. actual agriculture and/or stock as the Jews did back thenand it was in a common sense response to the rhetoric regarding why tithe a tenth of income vs possesions being sold, etc is done by most churche sin Usa & other developed nations. He became an outspoken Separatist or dissenter of the State church. I watched a man die last week. Tithing is no longer a requirement and God doesnt not require a tithe for obedience as is preached in todays churches. All systems of hierarchy set up by man over the authority of the local church has lead to doctrinal errors and corruption without exception and God has not party with them. We should stand out because we are different. An interesting read. Faithful Word Baptist Church is a young, family-integrated church. The true Independent Fundamental Baptists have no association or fellowship with these churches because they teach or practice things contrary to the New Testament. Hi Ahlayashabi Please forgive us if we have offended you in any way. The first church was founded there in 1688, in Middletown and was made up of many who had fled persecution in the other colonies. Independent, Fundamental, King James, Mission Minded Our Service Times Are: Sunday Morning Worship -. Robert Fry Pastor of Bible Baptist Church in Plattsburgh, NY Deception, 75. It is the clergymen who are affiliated. There are a number of other wrong teachings w/in this church but the false teaching about baptism is far and away the biggest, some of the others are, not believing in eternal security, and close behind is not believing that one can know that you are saved. I attend an Independent Baptist church and Ill answer your questions The cause is clear. They will not participate, as a church, in any outside function with churches which do not also strictly base their faith and practice on the New Testament. The one caution I would give is to allow God to speak to you through the scriptures, that is the most critical. That is just my pointyou I fear are dedicating a almost hate site for this denomination when its no reason tovs just warning sagnist all bad behavior. Benedict in his history of the Baptists states the Gospel was preached in Britain within sixty years of the Lords return to heaven. Blessings & againIm so sorry you were hurt like that you & your family. IFCA International - Home Page You stated that all churches tithe a certain way and used that fact to justify a way of thinking. I hope Im helping him in his faith journey. Don't expect anything contemporary or liberal. All but seven were above the Mason-Dixon line. Thousands of Southern Baptist Churches didn't baptize a single convert last year. What's Wrong with the Independent Fundamental Baptists - Truth and Song No church in the NT took that label. The word Independent means that the church is not a member of any council, convention or is a part of any hierarchy outside the local congregation. True New Testament Christians have always rejected such unbiblical ideas. The pastor's name is Kevin Draganac. 14Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. Proverbs 23:13-14 see how silly that way of using scripture is? Note..I, no particular denomination. Make no mistake though baptism will never save anyone! An Independent Baptist Church would not be apart of a national organization that would exercise authority over the local church. God said He would preserve His church and that task was not left in the hands of fallible men or groups. No, we are to teach and preach the Word. This is the true heritage the Fundamental Baptists holds dear, there have always been assemblies which submitted themselves only to the sole authority of the Word of God. Im trying to figure out if it was worse of me for not using scripture to answer your question, which btw is not a question that required scripture, or yanking a handful of verses completely out of context as you did. A Baptist church may choose to associate with other churches of like faith around mutual interests or ministry opportunities, but one church cannot exert authority over another. Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Deception - Exposing the Jesus as clearly as the Son of God could tells us says (John 6:37-39,43 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. We preach modest clothing (unfortunatly most of the girls at my church dont adhere to it in that they wear skirts that expose all but a few inches of the upper leg). But it is for these very reasons that I and millions of other Americans cant understand it. KJV Church Directory. It is an important part of the church. However, Jesus did not tell you or me that we should give ten percent. He returned to Salem where he was summoned before the court in Boston because of his outspoken beliefs and was banished from the colony. The Association of Fundamental Baptist Churches in the Philippines AFBCP is an organization guiding cooperative ministries of Independent Baptist It is important to note too, that each Believer must be passionate about winning lost folks to Christ. Tithing preceded the OT Law. Baptists strongly insist that Gods Word is not up for arbitration or subject to the individuals, groups, denominations or churchs private interpretation. p.s. Many men have suffered and given their fortunes and their lives to hold the name in truth. One young lady began attending a non IFB Baptist church. The tourists and the police finally separated after hundreds of dollars changed hands. Each year members profess 16 articles of faith that include the original five points of fundamentalismthe literal truth of divinely inspired scripture, the Virgin Birth and deity of Christ, substitutionary atonement through Christ, the Resurrection, and the Second Coming of Christ. For example, G.L. This is Bible 101 stuff. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); // What is the Reformed Baptist Church? | GotQuestions.org I already addressed the 1st point regarding them being under Mosaic Law vs us if you read all youlll find them incl how Jesus spoke to similar crowd regarding what is Adultery, etcalso I already explained its not mandatory & no one says you better or must incl where I;m atI already explained how Jesus stated it was not to be undone while He expanded on what should have been done of which they failedif it was all about Mosaic law only they would probally I think be in compliance but Christ fulfilled & was teaching in consitency with that. I made a very similar forgiveness plea on facebook just yesterday, asking all to forgive me if I had ever legalistically stepped on them. Other Anabaptists groups were in gross error and corrupted. Pedophiles hide in dark corners. In Virginia, Baptist were not welcome. Who are the Independent Baptists, and what do they believe? Patrick was born in Scotland in 360 AD and sold into slavery at age sixteen and carried to Ireland. America needs great Independent Baptist churches again. I think that you should go kill your children. The Road to Emmaus Baptist Church is an independent Baptist church in Monaca, Pennsylvania. I love the way David Hayword (aka The nakedpastor) explains some of the problem. True Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches uphold the purest teachings of the early church as revealed in the New Testament. Overview of the Independent Fundamental Baptist Denomination, A Brief Survey Of Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches: What They are and What is Their History. Tithing preceded the NT and ended with the establishment of the New Covenant. I know that as I give more to the Lord Im blessed more & even if not I want to. Im not saying thats the case only sharing my experience & by Gods grace I have done so I believe. This free resource is here to help you find an independent Baptist church in your area or while traveling. Fundamentalist Baptist Church He spoke aganist them leaving the others things undone. Adulterous generally hide their actions. You are doing exactly what Mark 7:7 speaks against, you are teaching false doctrines and commandments of men. People who study dont fall so easily for false teaching. In examining many so-called early Baptist churches you find many doctrinal errors and false teaching. Gilbert (7 miles) Higley (11 miles) Mesa (13 miles) Tempe (14 miles) Ahwatukee (14 miles) El Mirage (14 miles) More Types of Churches in Chandler. Ive become weary of those labels, and the Baptist one carries alot of baggage now. Offers of religious liberty drew many Baptists to settle in New Jersey. In Germany, the state church is Lutheran and in England, the Anglican church, France, the Roman Catholic Church, etc. If that membership does not disqualify us I would say that we qualify as true baptists under your definition of the term. Later in history, around 600 AD, Austin, Catholic monk, was sent to Britain by Pope Gregory the Great. Hear personal testimonies and watch missionary slideshows with RealAudio narratives. They were a New Testament church, not because of a succession of churches or men, but because they formed their church on the principles of the New Testament. Or second, you could be referring to those who held to Baptist beliefs and were called by the name Baptist. New Independent Fundamentalist Baptist - Wikipedia The New Testament is the authority in all matters of faith and practice. In 1684, a Baptist church in Maine seeking greater religious liberty was relocated to Charleston, South Carolina. (David Benedict, A General History of the Baptist Denomination in American, and Other Parts of the World, London: Lincoln and Edmands, Nr. Faith Baptist Church, Thomasville, GA - Videos // ]]> Exposing the Dangerous Teachings of the Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Denomination, Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Deception 2009-2020, Independent Fundamental Baptist (IFB) Deception, 42. Its so important to ask Gods help in forgiving themotherwise satan can get a foothold. Google Maps shows it located in a modest strip mall in Jacksonville, Florida, alongside an arcade, a . Baptists are not Protestants! It is well also to note that these five distinctives are traits also of the true New Testament church! These churches were missions minded and formed schools to train preachers and missionaries. A side note, my sons group In Search Of Reason has been selected to play for CreationFest this year. They were then tarred and feathered and ran out of the county. Even after Williams left it, it continued to follow the New Testament and was not adversely effected. We never shun people who leave the church. Fundamental.org - King James, Fundamental, Independent Baptist Resources As far as I recall no church ever told me must. This is whats known as the Argumentum ad populum fallacy. God leads us as we depend upon the Holy Spirit and keep His Word. Most Baptist churches were in the past founded on the sound doctrinal teachings of the New Testament, however, many of them have in varying degrees drifted away from many of the teachings of the Scriptures. Baptists Briders, infer they can trace their history back to John the Baptist who was the first Baptist. Fundamental Baptist use the name in its strictest sense as meaning holding to the fundamentals of the New Testament teachings without error. I have heard people argue that a certain type of dress is more attractive to the world, or woman wearing dresses sets them apart as being different. I respect a church that weloclmes being a part of my tithe but does not mandate that I do. The name Protestant was given to those churches which came out of Roman Catholicism during the Reformation which began in the 1500s. adhering to correct doctrine and proper practices should be the focus in our lives. I can relate i was in a IFB church, glad to be out. -How do you determine whether or not a church teaches or practices false doctrine? Our goal is to send out missionaries, home and abroad, that will start independent, fundamental Baptist churches. Further, he ignored the reading of the order of service and simply preached the Scriptures. Pointing out failures of pastors, church congregations and movements can be informative as long as we also point out that not all, or even most of the groups involved are entwined in grevious and blatant sin. 451 Likes, 8 Comments - Spencer Smith (@spencersmith312) on Instagram: "I was saved at 18 at an independent, fundamental baptist church. Williams graduated from Cambridge University in 1627, and was apparently ordained in the Church of England. The center of Baptist activity in the colonies was in the Philadelphia area, and Baptists held regular general meetings of the churches for devotional and evangelistic purposes there. No new testament christian anywhere in scripture, that I know of, is compelled to give a tithe. Ok, so Im pretty sure you are referring to the Church of Christ that was founded by good ol Thomas Campbell (1763-1854) He was a fine Scottish Presbyterian who left Ireland to come to western PA. in 1807. , Oak Harbor, Washington 98277) Under the Roman Catholic influence these missionary centers diverged into monasticism. 13:17, Acts 20:28, Eph. I understand what you are saying by the verses you referenced in John. Steve must have been on vacation or something. 5) shun folks that have left the church However, tithing has nothing to do with your Salvation Its not that I wouldnt want to give to bothbut if I only have 30 dollars; Id rather give to feed, clothe, house & most of all share the Gospel vs just feed, clothe & housed. This was the birth of Protestant churches. Hah Im really the only reply to this incredible read?! In his writings he appears ignorant of the practices of the Roman Church and never refers to church councils, creeds, traditions or even to the existence of a pope. Its so good knowing that we have an advocate with the Father that helps us to do that very thing. The business is listed under baptist church category. Nor can I know the heart of those I preach to. Beliefs - Fundamental Baptist Church You are correct, I was surprised. Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they In Amsterdam, he with Thomas Helwys and thirty six others formed the first Baptist church of English people known to have stood for baptism of believers only. You either comply or you are thrown out. all churches that support tithingtithe a tenth of their income to building Gods kingdom. - Truth and Song I recently read an article essentially asking this same question, What's Wrong With the Independent Fundamental Baptists? I saw Jesus there and the Holy Spirit! 5:23) and the Chief Shepherd )1 Peter 5:4). This would explain the abrasiveness with which you deliver what should be the most joyous information of the Gospel of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. Someone, somewhere has hurt you. So wonderful to hear you are making progress in your spiritual journey. The more and more that I looked into it and studied the scripture, I realized not only were they wrong they were *completely* wrong about tithing, in fact, they didnt have a clue, and this was the standard teaching throughout the IFB. Its is true that many Baptists left the ranks of Protestant churches which were doctrinal unsound and apostate. Now I am in full agreement with you that we should support our places of worship with our monetary gifts, but a mandatory tithe for new testament christians? This is just too weird for me to not comment on. Tithing was never supposed to be for the maintenance of the house of God. . IFB churches are not the problem. No one in USA at least (whether IFB, CALVARLY CHAPEL, MOST CHURCHES, etc) tithe on all belongings at they practiced thier & our money/wealth/argicultural exchange & system is very different. I think most people would agree with me on this. I admitted, in my comment, that I was somewhat caustic in my writing (I could definitely get better in that department) but I re-read what I wrote and didnt think it was horrible. You know, when you really dig into many religions you find much of mans tradition. We can clearly see the Spirit of God in your gracious post. Generally speaking, to be Reformed means to have one's roots in the Protestant Reformation of the 16th and 17th centuries. The name Independent Fundamental Baptist Church is used traditionally by churches which pattern themselves strictly after the example of the early church as found in the New Testament. The Anabaptists were mostly a God-fearing group of people. What's Wrong with the Independent Fundamental Baptists? Today we are excited to announce Independent Baptist Churches. It became an independent church in 1746. I think you are confusing ceremonial law with moral law. IndependentBaptist.com | Resources For Independent Baptists The Presbyterians took over the job of persecution biblical believers and forbade Knolleys from preaching in parish churches. I assume you are referring to the errant position that many Pastors, Deacons, or Elders have taken placing themselves between God & Man. I still attend a tiny (20-30 on Sunday) Baptist Church, and yes it is IFB. That made them in the eyes of God as legitimate a church as any Paul founded. Some IFB are good fellowships, some Plymouth Brethren Open) are good fellowships..etc. But rather than ordaining ourselves mini-Holy Spirits we need to be faithful in our teaching, we need to teach repentance, and we need to leave the conviction of sin, righteousness and judgement to Almighty God. G.L. I attend an IFB church. You are truly blind and I hope that you will one day see more clearly. 7.) Any church fellowship that encourages avoiding another Christian denomination/fellowship, even if they uphold & believe these, b/c they are not of the same denomination are in gross error & a cult. These churches appear to have been baptistic and remained sound until Austin, the Catholic monk brought Catholicism to the Isles in 597 AD. Being to poor to pay the fines he was banished from the colony. I hope you come back to comment more. It is surely an affront to any historically informed Baptist identify him by the name of a group that has so hated and persecuted them down throughout history. My Sunday school teacher and I have discussed the music issue and we both agree that there is nothng wrong with contemporary Christian music (I do believe some of it lifts up flesh rather than Jesus, though). The Person of Jesus Christ: Jesus is 100% God and 100% man for all eternity. Matthew 7:1&2, Judge not, that ye be not judged. Alsoas in regargds to whom Jesus spoke to (they were Phairsees)I dont think that matters, the Phairsee just happened to be the ones constantlty questioning & troubling Himas well as were the Religious Leaders of that day whom example was probally looked at by others to follow (note Jesus: Do the things that they teach, Jesus said, But do not do the things that they do). I read what you wrote, thats why I replied with what I wrote. So, IT IS in the New Testament! Now when the head of a church & all dem that fall in line must appply apsotast (like openly Gay Pastor, etc) than you should have some of them on here big. Questions/comments: Pastor Brewer's email: Wprophet@aol.com. Theres no recourse. In fact Jesus emphatically stated in Matt. IndependentBaptist.com was founded in an attempt to bring back the principles that lifted our movement in the 60's and 70's and that need to be revived in this day. There are plenty of church members that disagree with the preacher on many topics. Actually what should have been first was the erroneous teaching that water baptism has anything at all to do with ones salvation, it does not! I believe any church that does that is potentially cultic because that means they worship the preacher rather than the Lord. This kind of power is frightening to meet with. What does this have to do with our discussion? What is an Independent Fundamental Baptist Church? He refused to wear the robes of his church office, and refused to let unsaved people take the Lords Supper. Your reasoning is faulty. Christ suffered and gave His life to save you from hell, it's time you start going to a church that actually believes that. Shortly after that, Williams withdrew from the church and became what he called a seeker. History does not record why he would not identify himself as a Baptist. The sole authority for any true church is Gods Word and not it founder, or its heritage. Find fundamental, conservative churches in your area. In fact, I have no close friends that attend the same church as me. The Baptist bases his authority solely on the Bible itself. She eventually left because my uncle (divorced numerous times himself), rode her case about it. John 10:10, On the other hand, we are responsible for witnessing to people God brings our way. Its nothing personal, just logic. Such as The Church of Christ? They were intolerant to anyone who did not agree to the authority of the Puritan church, which was supported by a governmental church tax of all the people. Grace Independent Chapel Size: Medium church 126 Airport Rd Shamokin, PA. Loving Fellowship Baptist Church . About. Please elaborate, Should have said of course no singing with musical accompaniment.. Desire your best & healing in Lord Jesus if not. Lynne, My point is that Tithing is good since Jesus says they should not have left it undone. (Hebrews 4:15-16 and 10:19-22) Despite his views he was made the pastor of the church in Salem. The name Fundamental Independent Baptist is of recent origin and came into being because many modern day Baptist churches compromising the Word of God and teaching and practicing false doctrines. Lynne While I agree with most of your comment, I would be very interested in finding where Jesus teaches about tithing in the bible. The best illustration of this point can be made this way. I doubt I would be allowed to wear Just a Speedo to any Church on a regular basis. Filter Churches. I see through to the intensions of this site. He states there were Baptists in England 1400 AD. There are no rules about what to give at all. Both are true and one doesnt cancel out the other. I believe every one should realize that all is God & if a saint desires to put a tenth to honor God & furthering His kingdom or whatver portion as He desiresthat s a noble act between God & Himself. They dont tell us what to wear more than any other church. (I Corinthians 15:1-4) Further, if a person is truly saved and strictly follows the principles of the New Testament he will in a true sense be a Baptist whether he uses the name or not. Even if a church blows the interpretation of verses like this and sets up what you refer to as a hierarchy, I feel you are in error to claim that God has no party with them, see for reference the 7 churches in Revelation which had great things going for them, but Christ had to deal with their errors.