On the TV front, he appeared in one of the most famous episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and later landed large parts on Falling Skies and The Strain. : Ernie "Ice" (Hocus Pocus) Jay (Hocus Pocus) Harry meets the Sandersons; Harry Potter Goes to a Different School; Harry is stranded in Salem; Summary. She started her comedy career in the early '90s and quickly made the shift to film after a couple of HBO specials. It was at Barnard that she auditioned to play the memorable sex worker Domino in Stanley Kubrick's last film, "Eyes Wide Shut." The Inaugural Relentless Musical Awards Is Happening February 27, 2023 Birch then hit it big, acting alongside Harrison Ford in "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger," joining the teen drama "Now and Then" with Christina Ricci and Gaby Hoffmann, appearing in "Ghost World" with Scarlett Johansson, and co-starring in the Best Picture-winning drama "American Beauty." 142 likes. 18. Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more! Now . Spirit Halloween. He had a mini-reunion with his "Hocus Pocus" castmates in 2015 and joined the gang for the 2018 25th anniversary reunion special on Freeform. After retrieving his tennis shoes, Ice is shown wearing white socks with holes in one of his heels. 23. We won't post to any of your accounts without asking first. "We're just talking logistics," the three-time Grammy winner told Entertainment Tonight in September 2020, saying she was "absolutely" up for the challenge of another movie. It's been over 25 years since Hocus Pocus was released, giving audiences one of the most influential family Halloween films to date. After briefly appearing in a few projects, including The John Larroquette Show, Katz retired from acting in 2002. After their first meeting, he wears the Nike basketball shoes of Max. It was a bomb when it was first released.". Why Hocus Pocus 2 didn't bring back Dani, Max and the others 15. . The series is set to celebrate its 20th season after being renewed in 2022 for another year. phillips elementary school salem, ma Ernie "Ice" and Jay Larry Bagby and Tobias Jelinek . Jay and Ice have made a habit of . In May, the Sex and the City alum also expressed interest. Stuff it, zit-face! Jay Taylor is one of Max Dennison's bullies along with Ice in Hocus Pocus, and a minor antagonist in the film. Ding-ding. There's nothing bigger that screens during this holiday than Hocus Pocus!". In addition to film work, she's appeared in numerous TV shows throughout the decades. By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. "To me,Hocus Pocusis really about those three women, those three witches," Sean explained. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. Like Jay, he addresses Max as "Hollywood". And it'ssort oftrue. OK, maybe Bette Midler looks mostly the same, but the child and teen stars . Hocus Pocus: Every Character Ranked By Likability - ScreenRant Max Filming & Production "Of course, I was disappointed when it didn't come out of the gate stronger, but I mean it was released in July, And I was still young and coming into the industry as a director, and was like, well, maybe somebody knows something that I don't know," Ortega said. In 1971, she released her first album, "The Divine Miss M," and took off from there. Now, tart-face, take your Clark bars and get out of my house! Pre-TMZ moment where she spotted you. Hocus Pocus 2 which featured Midler, Parker and Najimy all reprising their roles as the Sanderson sisters premiered on Disney+ in September 2022 and became the streaming giant's most-watched film. As Murray told Bustle, "They originally wanted a sort of California vibe with the voice, and then at some point thought [they] should do it Olde English. But I don't think he was interested. My Hocus Pocus Recast meme by SUP-FAN on DeviantArt What do the bullies Jay and Ernie have to sing at the end of the film? The second trailer was debuted at the D23 Expo and it gave us our . Later at 3am, the bullies are trying to think of some other activity to do (due to most of the Halloween activities having ended) when they encounter the Sanderson sisters due to Mary having smelled Max's scent on the shoes Ice took from him earlier. Actors . Jay and Ice from Hocus Pocus. When Hocus Pocus dropped in theaters in 1993, it flopped but it more than lasted the test of time, becoming a must-watch film every October. Yes, sadly we have to use the past tense here, because Rocket passed away in 2005. Throughout her career, Birch has starred in projects like Ghost World (2001) and appeared in nine episodes of The Walking Dead in 2019 and 2020. The big-name stars of Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy, and Doug Jones have maintained reputations throughout Hollywood since the film's release over 25 years ago. In 2005, Badby played Marshall Grant, Johnny Cash's bandmate in "Walk the Line." Look, I don't feel so hot. : Max "So you'll see two shots in the party scene, one when she's entering the room walking forward toward the camera," he said. Dump out your dump sack. Though Marsden only did voice acting in "Hocus Pocus," unlike Doug Jones, Marsden is someone you'd recognize if you saw him in real life, especially if you're a millennial. Young actor Omri Katz played the teen lead of "Hocus Pocus," the disgruntled transplant Max Dennison. 1/10. In 2003, he landed a recurring role in NCIS, which he still stars on today. Dani , Hocus Pocus. I smell children! After moving to Salem, Mass., teenager Max Dennison explores an abandoned house with his sister Dani and their new friend, Allison. Penny's final role was on "The Odd Couple," for which brother Garry (who created the original 1970s series of the same name) served as executive consultant. Actor and musician Larry Bagby plays Ernie "Ice" in "Hocus Pocus." The movie was one of the earlier credits on his rsum. "I was 15, so for the first month . "It was so great. I put a spell on you! WHOA! Hocus Pocus : Les Trois Sorcires Streaming VF {1993} Gratuit Film However, thenickname Maxwas given in the movie by bullies Ice and Jay did extend beyond theHocus Pocusset. Birch wasn't the only young girl nursing a crush on set. He's had a couple of other single-episode TV appearances, but has no real credits on his resume since 2002, other than a cameo as Marshall Teller on 2018's "Childhood Thoughts," a revisiting of the spooky kids' series. Ausgabedatum: 1993-07-16; Produktion: Walt Disney Pictures / Touchwood Pacific Partners 1 / And it didn't exactly scare up big box office numbers at the time. But it's still managed to become a touchstone for '90s . In order to view the video, please allow Manage Cookies, In March 2020, it was announced that Adam Shankman was set to direct a sequel film, written by Jen DAngelo, for Disney+. Technical Specs, [with a tree filled full of numerous rolls of toilet paper in the background]. Cause it just so happens I've got my big brother with me. : Starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy as the Sanderson Sisters, the classic follows a high school boy (Omri Katz), his crush (Vinessa Shaw) and his little sister (Thora Birch), who quickly find out the rumor of the witches is true and must find a way to stop them from becoming immortal before Halloween is over. In fact, in October 2019, Omri, who played Max Dennison, Vinessa Shaw, who played Allison Watts, Tobias Jelinek, who played Jay, Larry Bagby, who played Ernie, and Doug had the sweetest reunion . After Hocus Pocus, Shaw enrolled in Barnard College but continued acting, starring in Eyes Wide Shut at the same time. Sarah Jessica Parker Sarah Sanderson. Other '90s fans will recognize his face from Boy Meets World and a few episodes of Full House. Since 2017, he has been a lead on Star Trek: Discovery. : Moreover, the movies first teaser trailer dropped in June 2022, showing the new, young characters who accidentally bring back the child-hungry Sanderson sisters to modern-day Salem. 19. Carl was a native of Denmark, and had been the first Santa at Santa's Village in Scott's Valley. The sisters abduct Ice and Jay and lock them up in cages hanging from the ceiling of their cottage after Jay refers to them as "ugly chicks", which offends them. 8. He might have stood out in Salem, but his low-key style makes him . : "It actually makes total sense to me that you would have a newer group with the witches and not necessarily from the original group. "The original script had me cutting my mouth open, coughing out all the dust and moths and looking at Bette Midler and saying, 'B--ch!'" Well, it was contractual.". . Actor and musician Larry Bagby plays Ernie "Ice" in "Hocus Pocus." No need to wave your wand, just scroll on. What am I supposed to do with my afternoon? In order to view the gallery, please allow Manage Cookies. "That took some work because if they get moist they don't fly. "They were having to pay them out block by block to take down all their decorations so we could get all the Halloween stuff.". "[We] went out for dinner one Halloween, it was perfect. Thou mustn't speak to Master in such a manner. Become a fan and spread the love for Jay. Murray had appeared in a couple of shorts and TV shows before "Hocus Pocus," but like many, the Halloween romp was his big break. The Dennison patriarch, Dave, as played by actor Charles Rocket, is also pretty oblivious when it comes to the mental health of his teenage son and the whereabouts of his eight-year-old daughter. Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal. [Jay and Ice look at him with confused looks]. Published Jul 11, 2022. Hocus Pocus: Disney's Next Halloween Musical - TheaterMania Hocus Pocus : Les Trois Sorcires Streaming Gratuit. (Jay) The star has made . Katz's next role after playing Grateful Dead fan Max Dennison was a Deadheadbut for real. The sequel takes place 30 years after the events of the first film, but serious connections abound. "He said, 'You're going to wake up in that position there and walk over to here after 300 years, go!' Hocus Pocus | Walt Disney Videos (UK) Wiki | Fandom Why, you little [He move to hit Dani but Max steps in the way]. The fun, musical, campy Halloween flick featured a number of already-famous, a-little-bit-famous, and not-so-famous actors (some of whom then went on to become extremely well-known as a result of this movie). The Marshalls' marital bickering is even funnier because the two actors are siblings. There were four dudes moving them!".