Hi Laura, we havent tried adding cocoa powder to this recipe, and it would take a bit of recipe testing to find the best amount. Preparation. Freeze up to 3 months. Now I must tell you,either the temperature was too high or my pan too dark, because the edges are a bit over-browned. Also: are you using a scale to measure? I also bought a seagrass basket and a salad bowl. Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you were able to find the recipe!Jen :), Dear Jen, I also thank you for posting this old favorite. People's ovens vary so you may need to experiment with the baking time, but 65 min in my oven works perfectly. Would love to hear from you. Hi Alexandra Any chance I can swap the flour with Almond flour? Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. The additional ingredients were added to the recipe. Add the flour mixture in two additions, and mix until just combined. I'd gain 10 lbs in a week if I were to visit him very often. Mrs. Lyons Banana Bread recipe: Try this Mrs. Lyons Banana Bread recipe, or contribute your own. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Honey and maple syrup will add their own distinct flavors while keeping the bread moist. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Buttermilk Banana Bread- Just Like Grandma Made! - House Of Yumm This is delicious, but does it need to be refrigerated after baking? Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Preheat oven to 350*F. In a bowl mix together mashed bananas, mayo and egg. Butter two 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pans. There has been quite a revival of home baking here in these recessionary times, no doubt this has also been a contributing factor to the growth of this site too. What saved us was a brisk 3-mile walk after breakfast every morning, and sightseeing on foot all afternoon. Transfer the bananas to another bowl and use the mixing bowl for the butter and sugar. Heres the play-by-play: Gather your ingredients. You need about a quart of ripe bananas (roughly 6 to 8). Lowering the oven rack prevents the top of your bread from browning too much, too soon. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. DO AHEAD: Banana bread can be made 3 days ahead. 2010-05-04 Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 5 loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper. Beat in the eggs, mashed bananas, nuts and buttermilk mixture. Omnivore. I thought maybe adjusting the temperature. Toss the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Looks delicious. Instructions. I sometimes pop them in the freezor, in the peeling, if I think I'll be able to use them in a few days. RedCipes. !, Yes, I have this recipe on speed dial too! The batter takes about 10 minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for days, and nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread in the oven. This recepie's been part of my childhood and I'm so glad to have it again so I can pass on the tradition. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Let us know what you try! Here's how to make it. Cream shortening and sugar together. Banana Bread Recipe - Panlasang Pinoy Let stand for five minutes. I haven't posted to my blog in a while, so it's hightimeIdo. Add 3 cups of flour, mix. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold in. Mix well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan. Step-by-Step Guide How to make Banana Bread Prep Oven and Make Banana Puree 1. In a stand mixer, this batter comes together in just about 10 minutes. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed in another large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Around 5,000 feet? In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugars at medium speed. vanilla. Thanks so much for writing and sharing these notes. Thank you, This post may contain affiliate links. Preheat oven to 350F. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Mix the wet ingredients into butter mixture with the all purpose flour. Put the baking powder and baking soda directly on top of the flour. 14 banana bread recipes - Australian Women's Weekly Food We gotso muchexercisethatI managed not to gain any weight---YAY! Stir in nuts. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Turn out onto rack and let cool completely. That's it. From the orange slices at half time, to the post game treats, to the end-of-season celebrations, food visions rival the victories, the losses, the nail biters. This is my go to banana bread recipe. Id like to switch it up and bake mini loaves. In a mixer or with a whisk and a strong arm, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Stir in 3 medium mashed bananas and 2 beaten eggs. To prevent freezer burn, wrap leftover bread tightly in plastic wrap, then place the bread in a freezer bag or cover with a layer of aluminum foil. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. I am tempting to try this. My go to banana bread recipe from here on in. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and stir in lemon juice. I would start checking around 18 to 20 minutes. Sift and fold in the flour. Combine sugar, butter, bananas, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Transfer to a wire rack; let bread cool in pan for 15 minutes. Can you make a chocolate banana bread? In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. function react(obj,id, value) { Sometimes I smeara slicewith peanut butter for an afternoon pick-me-up, or spoon on somesliced strawberries for a healthier "shortcake.". Isnt it liberating not sifting?! Fold in pecans. 300 g very ripe bananas (the darker the better) 100 g apple, grated. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Stir in nuts. The Best Banana Bread Recipe | Food Network Kitchen | Food Network The Best Banana Bread Recipe | Epicurious str = $(this).attr('id'); I dont think it will work unfortunately without gluten, the baked bread will be very dense. Thank you for sharing. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. I have been making this recipe for years! Step 2 In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Ignore any small lumps. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out with little moist bits clinging to it (timing will depend on the size and color of your pan and whether you added any mix-ins). Preheat oven to 325. 7. Tap the pan on the counter to remove any bubbles. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until no flour pockets remain. I purchased it at the King's Street Market. Explore RAMDOM_KEYWORD for thousands of unique, creative recipes. I, like Anonymous, had lost track of this recipe. I worry it wont rise/bake properly if you make the batter ahead of time, because batters with baking soda should be baked shortly after mixed. You need 4 large ripe bananas. Fond memories, Jamestown , Va. asandwich of Virginia ham on Sally Lunn bread made right there in the outdoor WFO. Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F. Add eggs and crushed bananas. If there's less banana, you'll add more milk. I added chocolate chips and it was simply divine. Design by Purr | Support by Foodie Digital. In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, applesauce, oil, egg and vanilla. Check with toothpick. I had to omit the eggs due to an allergy and replaced them with flax. not set Bread Banana Bread Toggle navigation. There is something so comforting about a piece of warm banana bread or banana muffin. Banana Bread Recipe - NYT Cooking Immediately transfer the walnuts to a plate and let cool completely. Great to hear, Karen! Healthy Banana Bread with Applesauce - iFoodReal.com With a hand mixer on medium, combine butter and sugars in a medium bowl until fluffy. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition. 20 recipes. Banana bread will last up to four days, so wrap leftovers tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. You mix this one just like a butter cake---cream the "shortening" and sugar,beat inthe eggs one at a time, sift together andadd the dry ingredients alternately with the liquid (in this case, the bananas). 2013-09-01 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used hazelnuts) 1/3 cup vegetable oil. YUM. Next time, Ill add the cream cheese frosting. Its amazing! Prepare two 95-inch bread pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add flour and salt, mixing just until combined. When I think of lacrosse season, again, I especially remember another surrogate mother, Mrs. Myers, and again, her treats. Consider substitutions to suit your tastes and dietary needs. Please see our FAQ page for many answers to common questions. And so in 1933, the first recipe for banana bread came out in Pillsbury's 1933 Balanced Recipes cookbook. For even greater texture and flavor, this version has a host of seeds added, including sesame,. Read our, Sally McKenney is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. Cool 10 minutes. Break or slice the spotty bananas into large pieces and place in the bowl of your stand mixeror use a regular mixing bowl and your hand mixer. Add eggs; beat well. All methods work like a charm! Easy Banana Bread Recipe - Spend With Pennies Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. I reallydon't know. Then add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool a bit, then drizzle with the glaze. 2 cups ( 250g) all-purpose flour ( spooned & leveled) 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature 3/4 cup ( 150g) packed light or dark brown sugar (see Note) 2 large eggs, at room temperature Family cookbooks are an important way to preserve our mealtime traditions for future generations with individual printed recipes or your own professionally printed cookbook. Dont overbake your banana bread. In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 5 eggs, one at a time. Bake 25-27 minutes until cookie edges begin to brown. In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt with whisk. There were 3 of them. https://www.kingarthurflour.com/learn/high-altitude-baking.html, Homemade Monkey Bread (aka Cinnamon Roll Bites), Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Mega banana flavor (from 2 cups/460g mashed bananas), Not overly sweet, so banana flavor shines, Excellent plain or with nuts or chocolate chips. The BEST Coconut Flour Banana Bread | Just 2 Minutes Prep! If desired, line the pan with parchment paper so you can remove the whole loaf after baking. Banana bread tastes best on day 2 after the flavors have settled together. Add the yeast mixture to the mixer. Then fill the cup with milk to the 2/3 cup mark. Instead of white flour, white sugar and white fat, it uses whole wheat flour, natural sweatener and healthy oil. Step 1. Made the Banana Bread yesterday. How would you rate Julia's Best Banana Bread? The booth's owner directed him to a few of the popular ones, and thenhanded him Charleston Receipts,"America'soldest Junior League cookbook in print." Bake until a tester inserted into the center of bread comes out clean, 6070 minutes. Some of the other reviews talk about how burnt this banana bread is, but I've made it a few times and the outside is definitively not burnt, even if it looks quite brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Bake in preheated 375 oven for 40 to 45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Sally has been featured on. With its super-moist and buttery texture, banana and brown sugar flavors, soft crumb, and 1,000+ reviews, this is a delicious AND undeniably popular banana bread recipe. There is a crust on this banana bread--it's caramelized, crunchy, and a little bit chewy in contrast to the soft and tender interior. Ive been making this banana bread for about 10 years now, and it never fails to please, kids and adults alike. Its one of those classic recipes that you start to know by heart, just like a good pie crust or chocolate chip cookies recipe. This isfrom The Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook by Kitty and Lucian Maynard, but was contributed by the Poipu Plantation in Koloa, Hawaii. I was looking for a simple recipe for a cake that I can take to a Kindergarten event. Great recipe! Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. I do think it comes out better with the smaller loaf pan. I've been away on vacation for a few weeks, which is why I haven't participated lately,nor have I been baking either. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Charleston is a wonderful town. More banana = more moisture and flavor in the finished loaf. Add the vanilla, buttermilk and bananas. 1. Bake 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes one loaf. Sep 10, 2016 - Mrs Filbert's Banana Bread recipe is from Judy Family Favorites, one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Beat in milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and oil together and add the honey. Audra, we didn't see too much color on the way there, butit was much more evident at the higher elevationson the return trip through the mountains. Tastes delicious! BT, Great to hear, Bern! Alternatively, use milk. Market Street. It does get a bit brown on top but I put tin foil over it during the last third of baking and it always comes out fine. Best served fresh but possibly even better toasted and slathered with butter. Combine all ingredients and bake at 375F, about 45 minutes. It should foam and start to bubble. mrs filbert's banana bread recipe. For the deepest flavor, use ripe bananas with lots of freckles. Tightly wrap the loaf or slices (individually or grouped) in 23 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. grand united order of odd fellows Menu Toggle; coastal vacation rentals holden beach Just as the sun was getting low, we happened upon a sort ofopen-airmarket, where localshawk their wares. mrs filbert's banana bread recipe A couple times the center sinks but I always attribute that to user issues. The ethylene gas emitted by the apple or avocado will ripen the bananas in 24 to 36 hours. Mix until the mixture is smooth. But if two loaves is wrong, I dont want to be right. To freeze bananas, peel them and place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the freezer. (280 cc) water; 2 tsp. I dont refrigerate it, but it never lasts for more than 2 to 3 days. Recipe: Davises' Banana Nut Bread - ABC News In a large bowl, whisk . Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Its one of the most popular recipes Ive published on this website, out of over 1,200. This should give you a laugh: I went to Pinterest and typed in Sallys Baking Addiction Banana Breadand I kept getting a message about suicide prevention instead of a recipe! Keywords: banana, bread, quick, best, moist, Tag @alexandracooks on Instagram and hashtag it #alexandracooks. Nutrition Facts: Serving size-2.6 oz. I make the buttermilk with lemon and use both vanilla and banana flavoring. BEST EVER Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe - Reluctant Entertainer Beat until smooth. First preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes. Here's the banana bread I usually make. I use olive oil rather than vegetable oil as it gives it a richness and better taste. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter one 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Beat egg whites until 2020-03-02 When I make banana bread, I use two mixing bowls: one to mash the bananas and the other one for mixing. Ingredients 3/4 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 2 eggs 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium) 1/3 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired What You Need 9x5- or 8x4-inch loaf pan Shortening or cooking spray Large bowl Add the scalded milk. Preheat oven tot 325. Learn how your comment data is processed. and I have to mention my brother CAN COOK! In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil and eggs until combined and smooth. Stir in 3 medium mashed bananas and 2 beaten eggs. If you dont have vanilla extract, you can use almond extract. Your email address will not be published. Highly recommended. This is the BEST banana bread! 2010-02-15 When I left home, my mom wrote me a book full of her tried and tested recipes, and Aunty Betty's banana bread is one of them. 1 cups mashed bananas cup sour milk teaspoon baking soda 1 cups all-purpose flour teaspoon salt Steps: Cream together butter or margarine, sugar, and salt. How to Make Banana Bread - Pillsbury.com 2011-10-22 100g hazelnuts chopped; 3 large very ripe bananas mashed ; 240g strong white flour; 1 tbsp baking powder; tsp grated nutmeg; pinch of salt; pinch of freshly ground; black pepper; 1 tsp vanilla 2006-11-16 Preheat the oven to 350F. Let your banana bread rest before slicing. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an 8-inch or 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350. } 2023 Cond Nast. baking soda tsp salt cup (1. Hi Stephanie, You can make the banana bread as written with salted butter with no other changes to the added salt. Dining downtown:A guide to all the restaurants and bars at The Churchill. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Thank you for sharing! Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. It's seriously the best one I've ever tried. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Preheat oven to 325. This is dessert. Lets do it! I wish I had a picture to share, but I didnt get a chance to take one. Banana Bread Recipe {with Video!} - Cooking Classy If I look to the side like between the middle and the edge it comes out clean! Add in the melted butter and stir until well combined. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag with a serrated nozzle (approx. Vegetarian Burger Recipes Using Beans Air Fryer Indian Vegetarian Recipes Recipes With Beans Vegetarian Classic Banana Bread - Better Homes & Gardens best www.bhg.com. mrs filbert's banana bread recipe - dayspringcoffee.com Not sureabout thename. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Freeze banana bread using these instructions to preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months: I like to freeze the quick bread in slices because slices thaw much quicker than a whole loaf. Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1 1/4 hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. See how easy bread baking can be in my free ecourse! 4,945 recipes. Easy Banana Bread Recipe | The Recipe Critic It was nice to "go home again" via your post, as I hail from North Carolina and am familiar with the places you visited. For the filling: Spread the melted butter on the rolled-out dough. See How to Freeze & Thaw Bananas for Baking. If you think it will last longer, I would consider storing it in the fridge. Any suggestions on how to fix that? Whisk to combine. My neighbors love it too and say it doesn't last the weekend with them either. Did I do something else incorrectly? Add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Nut Bread is my go-to when this occurs. Roll the dough into a log. not far from Charleston. edited to say I live on the IL/WI border so a trip out there was a treat! Set aside. Then beat in the yogurt, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract combined. Unfortunately, its not always a 1:1 swap with an equal amount of flour. Add mashed bananas . In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Coat a 9x5x3 loaf pan with nonstick spray. 2 Add the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, slide in the oven and toast until fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes. Add 2 whole cups (460g) of mashed banana, which is about 4 large bananas. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. 1 tsp ground cinnamon. Cream 1 softened stick of butter and 1 cup of sugar together until fluffy. In a medium bowl, stir the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Lightly grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Mash banana, add to the butter/sugar egg mixture. Dont overmix the batter. Stir in flour and baking soda with a few swift strokes; do not overbeat. I am in my early 60's and have used this recipe since I first noticed it on a carton or Mrs. Filbert's Margarine sometime in the mid 70's. Step 2 Mix in the eggs and vanilla essence. I would use a gluten-free baking mix if youre looking to make this gluten free. Add the flour mixture in two additions, and mix until just combined. Then, slowly stir in 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a couple pinches of salt. Nigella Lawsons Dense Chocolate Loaf Cake (with, If you have struggled to get your Detroit-style pi, I learned to make Thai chicken curry while working, The New Basics Puttanesca Sauce: so easy and so go, If youve never made @inagarten s vodka sauce, This pantry tomato soup, made with canned tomatoes, Preheat the oven to 350F. window.open(url, "_blank"); 0 share; SHARE ON TWITTER; Share on Facebook; Overall, this is an easy recipe for classic banana bread. All rights reserved. Vegetable lover. Add the dry ingredients and mix until batter forms. My kitchen is all packed up, cook books and all, as we are preparing to go back to the studs and renovate a 50 year-old kitchen. Option 1: Add bananas, eggs, baking soda, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth. I was curious because theres buttermilk in the recipe? I use 3 small, very overripe bananas, swap out the canola oil for coconut oil, add a tsp of vanilla and sprinkle the top with a little cinnamon just before baking. Bread. Turn into a 10-inch greased and floured Bundt pan. Thank you. If you use frozen bananas, make sure to blot some of the excess liquid before using. May 22, 2020 - Mrs.. Filbert s Banana Nut Bread recipe by Susan Dempsey, is from Dempsey Family Cookbook , one of the cookbooks created at FamilyCookbookProject.com. Banana bread that is wrapped in plastic will stay nice and moist on the countertop for three or four days. The best banana bread recipe Ive ever tried ! 1 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas). Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones). In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Combine: Mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon (all ingredients) mashed bananas, baking soda, oil, sugar, eggs, salt and flour in a large mixing bowl. ultimate banana bread - smitten kitchen Your travel photos are postcard worthy, very nice. In a separate bowl, add the yeast to the hot water with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. It is almost guaranteed to be a hit that they will try again and again.Joyce Scott. Regardless, the crumb is just wonderful---moist, tender andfine-textured. Directions. 188 calories; protein 2.7g; carbohydrates 35.3g; fat 4.5g; cholesterol 15.7mg; sodium 189.9mg. What Makes This Mrs. Lyon's Banana Bread Recipe Better? So the ones there now will be used with your recipe. They even found ways to alter the recipe as needed. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring until combined. Best Banana Bread Recipe in the World - Crazy for Crust Turned out great. Can i add frozen blueberries to this? Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Step 3 Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. So glad this recipe is a favorite for you and your family! Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. For the glaze: Mix the confectioners' sugar, maple extract and milk in a bowl. With the mixer on low, add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. One reader, Tricia, says: I have this recipe on speed dial. Adding more honey not only tastes better IMO, but gives the bread more moisture. . Place wrapped banana bread in a large freezer-friendly storage bag or reusable container. Vegetarian Recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe. In fact, it became popular to add bran to the mix during the 1930s. Star ratings help people discover my recipes online. Add sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract. I added poppy seeds too. I am signed up for your emails and you have some great sounding recipes I going to try. Everything was period costume. Whisk eggs, sugar, bananas, and oil in a large bowl until smooth. Add Nuts: If you're using walnuts, fold them into your banana mixture. I added 3 bananas instead of 2 cause i thought it would add more banana flavor and it did! Best Basic Banana Bread | A Bountiful Kitchen If youre nuts for nuts (LOL), youll enjoy the toasty slight crunch nestled inside the soft crumbs. 100 g buckwheat flour. This banana bread is healthier, too, because I use applesauce, which not only slashes half the fat in the recipe, but also adds fiber and keeps the bread moist. 4. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Orzo with artichoke pesto and grilled corn Recipe (4.8/5), ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CAULIFLOWER WITH BACON, Whole Roasted Cabbage With Grapefruit and Campari Salsa, Cream Cheese And Chive Mashed Potatoes (low Fat), 1 stick salted butter, cubed, plus more for greasing the pan, 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting, 1/2 teaspoon Instant Clear Jel thickener, optional, 1 teaspoon liqueur or 1 teaspoon extract, banana flavor, 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium). Content posted by community members is their own. Melt the butter. Kicks +285 reps endlich urlaub. jasmine joseph author married to the devil's son Menu. Wetraversed our waythrough the streets, admiring the architecture andbeautiful old mansions, the many small graveyards tucked in here and there, and dined on some prettyamazing seafood (something wemiss herein the heartland). If you love this recipe, please consider giving it a star rating when you post a comment. Add egg, liqueur and banana, and beat at medium speed until smooth. Stir flour mixture into the banana mixture until combined. 113 Bread Recipes for the Best Loaves, Boules, Bagels - Epicurious You may love these chocolate banana muffins. If you like, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla or a few dashes of cinnamon at this point. It never lasts more than a day at my house anyway. If there's more banana, you'll add less milk. Lastly, fold in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and then pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. I put in blueberries and everyone loves the bread. Grease a loaf pan, two if using smaller loaf pans. This is my go-to banana bread recipe! I just wanted to double check since I have also read the page about how I should reduce the amount of salt in the recipe if using salted butter and I want to make sure my bread doesnt end up too salty. Option 2: Mash your banana, then mix mashed bananas into the butter and sugar mixture with the eggs, baking soda, milk, and flour. I didn't see a sign (but I wasn't exactly looking for one either :-). Mash the bananas with the lemon juice and stir into the honey mixture. This stuff was gold. Let the yeast mixture sit for 3 minutes to make sure the yeast activates. Preheat oven tot 325. Ive been making banana bread for 25 years and Ive dabbled with the recipe countless times. Wrap in foil; then tuck into an airtight bag. Pour and spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Cooking advice that works. I always manage to get two loaves because otherwise my oven gets batter all over the bottom.