The entry model in the Orbea Rise line of light weight full suspension electric trail bikes. Prices constantly change and its impossible to compare them all yourself. Since I started racing over 50 yrs. The two variations of the Rise platform include M models such as M20, M10, M-Team, and M-LTD, which stands for high modulus carbon and H models such as the H30 H15 and H10, which stands for hydroformed aluminum alloy. eMTB With the Shimano EP 8 RS motor offering 60 nm of torque and weights 10 to 15 pounds lighter than their full-power . It delivers excellent battery management. For the last month we have traveled to. Our product development team unveils all the secrets of the new Rise. Orbea Avant H30-D 105 Road Bike - 2022 - military green - gold (gloss) Assembling Bulky good. CONFIGURE RISE WITH THE BIGGER 540WH BATTERY, OR THE LIGHTER 360WH BATTERY, DEPENDING ON THE LENGTH OF YOUR TYPICAL RIDE. We then were able to get in at the ground floor with Shimano when they started the ep8 project and designed a bike in unison with this motor to create the most optimized platform we could. Orbea Rise - Bicycle Centre Belmont Nice! Featuring the Shimano EP8-RS Rider Synergy mid-drive motor that's custom tuned for efficiency, offering 60nm of peak torque and 250 watts nominal output. First ride review of the new FOCUS Jam 6.9 and SAM 6.9 2023 with Bosch Smart System motor a love that lasts? it's going to eat into the sales of the Orbea Rise Carbon. WITH LIGHT WEIGHT EBIKES BECOMING INCREASINGLY POPULAR WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THE FUTURE OF ORBEAS EBIKE LINE UP, WE DONT NEED ANY SECRETS BUT TELL US WHAT YOU CAN. From slopestyle and landscape photography to enduro and action shots. Contents hide 1 ORBEA Rise Hydro 2022 Bike 2 TURNING RISE ON/OFF 2.1 TO TURN RISE H ON 2.2 TO SWITCH RISE H OFF 3 CHANGE BETWEEN ASSIST MODES 3.1 CURRENT ASSIST MODE DISPLAY 3.2 WALK ASISST 4 CHARGING THE INTERNAL BATTERY 5 CHECKING THE BATTERY LEVEL 5.1 WITH SHIMANO DISPLAYS 5.2 COMPATIBLE GARMIN UNITS. When tuning your e-bike, please be sure to follow the current legal regulations that apply in your country. I'm still not understanding. Orbea Announces Price Increases Due to Supply Chain Issues Most reviewers opted for a combination of Trail mode with Profile 2 to accommodate steep terrain. If you enjoy mainly rides of 3 or 4 hours, choose the 360Wh battery for the lightest Rise possible and add the Range Extender for those occasional longer rides. Call and reserve. Video by Brian Niles/Treeline Cinematics. You must log in or register to reply here. The Boost hub spacing and frame design can also accommodate plus sized tires such as 2.6 to 3.0 and you could run a mullet setup with 27.5 in the rear and 29 up front, like a motocross bike! We ended up drop in the .5 spacer to experiment with when it was time for a jump lap, and enjoyed the slightly extra ramp at the end, but wouldnt say it was necessary by any means, and thats not something we say very often. Copyright 2012-2022 EBR Electric Bike Review, Inc. Also operating under the name EBR. The power delivery is amazing. professional boxing referees; uf college of medicine class of 2023; kalalau valley hippies The e-bike modified by tuning measures is exposed to additional mechanical stress due to the higher speeds, which can lead to safety risks. Depending on the terrain you will be riding there is an adjustable flip chip that allows you to go from a 66-degree head tube angle down to 65.5 degrees. While the sporty character doesnt make it the best option for everyday use, it certainly makes it the most fun bike you can buy for this money the Orbea Rise H15 secures our coveted Best Buy tip! RS stands for Rider Synergy. The rear shock tune is spot on. The Orbea Rise Hydro frame weight comes in at a claimed 3.4 kg, only 100g heavier than the equivalent size, equivalent travel aluminium Occam frame (which isn't an eBike). Rob has ridden the bike, so make You must log in or register to reply here. In either setting, the bike tends to be efficient and capable of excellent range, as is the case for most mid-drives. Shimano Cues - New 9/10/11 speed lower tier drivetrain components. Experts loved the stopping power of the Shimano hydraulic disc brakes. Rise M10 ice green/ocean. This is especially important if you are going on holiday with an e-bike. Orbea Rise RS Range Extender. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Power delivery is smooth and natural thanks to an advanced pedal assist sensor (measuring rear wheel speed, pedal cadence, and pedal torque), but there is no shift detection. NEWS Do you think removing 10 of the magnets (every other one) would allow the bike to theoretically go at twice the speed (not allowing for the physics of resistances)? I have read the privacy statement and the information about cookies, I understand it and I agree to receive personalised commercial communications from ebiketuning by e-mail. If I need to, I think there is a fair chance that removing magnets in the cassette lock ring may be a viable hack to increase the speed limit. Profile 1 is weaker and designed to extend range while Profile 2 offers full power and up to 60nm of torque. Orbea RISE M20 20MPH E-Bike 2022 | Jenson USA Talk to your insurance company beforehand to make sure all of your actions are protected in the best possible way. Can anyone comment how this bike is with assist off? When Orbea introduced the Rise Carbon earlier this year, they took a risk in reducing the power output of a Shimano EP8 motor in an effort to produce a bike that was "less e and more bike"; a bike that pedals and . Electric bike tuning manipulates the speed of your pedelec / electric bike, and this is not allowed in the area of German Road Traffic Licensing Regulations (StVZO). The Orbea Rise features the Shimano EP8-RS Rider Synergy mid-drive motor thats custom-tuned for efficiency, offering 60Nm of peak torque and 250 watts nominal output. PD: We decided on 60nm as it gave us the best of multiple worlds. RETURNS & REFUNDS, Copyright 2017-2023 The Loam Wolf | All Rights Reserved |. OC specializes in high quality, innovative components, focussed on increasing performance and offering options for customization. En. Further restrictions and notes can be found on the product pages, before the purchase is completed and. The frame itself is very approachable for a high-step full suspension 29er. If you have outstanding questions on the speed, I'd recommend emailing eBikeMotion (they were very responsive) or trying Bianchi USA. Even though some reviewers have upgraded the brakes straight away, opting for quad piston caliper and larger 200mm front rotor I feel that the stock 180mm with dual piston calipers worked fine, especially since the bike is fairly light. Become an E-MOUNTAINBIKE supporter and lets shape the bike scene together and make E-MOUNTAINBIKE(n) even better! If you do not have terrain that requires a 150mm fork or prefer a lighter, more XC-oriented ride, the other models feature a 140mm Fox Float Factory 34 and Fox DPS Factory shock. The integrated battery isnt removable, making it difficult to travel or leave the bike outside. Progressive rates help, you can run different sag. Your new Orbea is closer than you think! Simple solutions remove unnecessary complexity, adding reliability, improving aesthetics and removing weight. In addition, in the event of accidents, tuning measures can lead to a loss of insurance cover and benefits from accident victim assistance. An adventure touring ebike equipped with sturdy aluminum alloy fenders, bright well-positioned integrated lights, and an optional range extending battery pack shaped like a water bottle.. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Orbea Rise H15 6,395 Specifications Motor Shimano EP8 RS 60 Nm Battery Orbea integrated 540 Wh Display Shimano SC-EM 7000 Fork FOX 36 Performance 150 mm Rear Shock FOX Float X Factory 140 mm Seatpost OC MC20 170 mm Brakes Shimano XT M8120 200/180 mm Drivetrain Shimano XT/SLX 12 Stem RaceFace Aeffect 50 mm Handlebar RaceFace Aeffect 800 mm Our dealers will receive many ships throughout the year, and they will be able to tell you exactly when they will be receiving what. Great air shocks from Fox and their child brand Marzocchi. The Orbea Rise M20 20mph EBike is a machine designed to expand your trail experience and bring you closer to the moment. INTENDED USE TRAIL, BIG MOUNTAIN MOTOR SHIMANO EP801-RS / SHIMANO EP601-RS BATTERY OPTIONS 360WH / 540WH TRAVEL (FRONT/REAR) 140mm - 150mm / 140mm WEIGHT FROM 15,9KG MATERIAL CARBON / ALLOY SUPERCHARGE YOU Larger riders may see a little less and lighter riders may see a bit more. Three assist modes (Eco, Trail, and Boost) pair with two power profiles. More range from smaller, lighter batteries is precisely what our 1.5X factor is all about. We liked the low weight and rideability of that bike and wanted to apply this idea to a mountain bike. Support of EP8, E8000, E7000, E6100, E5000 motors; Bike Info; Battery info (recharge cycles and health %) PD: Development on the Rise has been in the works for a long time. apart. Featuring the Shimano EP8-RS Rider Synergy mid-drive motor that's custom tuned for efficiency, offering 60nm of peak torque and 250 watts nominal output. I bought this bike less than a year ago, ride it as often as possible and cannot say enough about how fun it is. orbea rise derestrict - purchasingprocurementworld.com Rise shook up the lightweight e-MTB world on its launch with its more bike, less E philosophy. Register your new Rise and gear up with an exclusive HIRU Kit1. Find it. Words & Photos by Cole Gregg We search for prices on over 120 bike retailers to guarantee that we find the lowest prices to save you time and money. I have COPD from COVID and with my impaired lungs cannot understand why anyone would need more power unless you just want a free ride uphill every time you see an incline. I went up hills I couldn't do before, even my steep, gravel driveway. Geoff Gulevich's testing video makes me want to bring my rise north of the border when were able to. Orbea Gain D50 2019 X35, 4000km, losing power. Enjoy this exclusive video and let the Product Manager explain all its secrets. Did you enjoy this article? E-Bike Tuning - Unlock the Speed Limit & derestrict your E-Bike The MSRP is $5,699 USD without any MyO upgrades or range extender. WITH THE CURRENT STATUS OF LOW STOCK ACROSS THE INDUSTRY WHEN CAN CONSUMERS EXPECT TO TAKE DELIVERY OF A RISE? Much like their non-electrified siblings, eMTBs have been improving by leaps and bounds at a rate that makes Apples iPhone division blush. I think some reviewers were leaning more towards all mountain vs. cross country and trail riding, which calls for beefier brakes. Few pics from today…what a great, fun bike to ride! The Orbea Gain has the sensor in the right dropout and the magnets in the cassette lockring. I can ride at 15 mph without a motor and need just a bit of help climbing and going faster. I rode with a group a few weeks ago and alot of them didnt even know i was on an ebike. Unknown Availability. At first glance, the Orbea doesnt look like an eMTB at all, with the motor neatly integrated into the frame and the 540 Wh battery discreetly tucked away inside the slim down tube. LONG-TERM REVIEW - Orbea Rise Super-light Electric Mountain Bike Dissected: The Orbea Rise | Lightweight eMTB | The Loam Wolf This review was provided for free using a demo bike. Blurring the lines between analog zen bliss and high octane electrified power, Orbea's lightweight e-machine promises to deliver the best of both worlds. Orbea Rise M20 E-Mountain Bike (Gloss Blue Carbon/Matte Red Gold I pity folks who feel they need a 10-12k bike with 35% more power and 10 more pounds of weight in order to feel whole. With its alloy frame, 60 Nm Shimano EP8 RS motor and internal 540 Wh battery, the new Orbea Rise H15 is a true crossover-artist and perhaps the ultimate gateway for trail-fun-junkies! Straight out of the gate Id replace it and the pedals. WERE THERE ANY DRASTIC DESIGN CHANGES THROUGH THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS? While the rotor and tire upgrades are both sensible and inexpensive options, the small 180 mm disc provides little braking power and poor modulation, especially with heavy riders. PD: Here is a breakdown of the range on the Rise. In-house designed range extender and range extender cage that also fits a water bottle to ensure the range extender stays put. To find out more and secure your own Orbea Rise, view the individual product pages, contact us via Live Chat, or get in contact with your local Leisure Lakes Bikes store! Orbea Rise OMR 2021 140mm travel 29" C-Boost 12x148. It all performed great and could support a wide range of terrain and ride styles. And if youre intrigued by the bling Fox FLOAT X Factory shock upgrade, save the extra money, because the standard FLOAT X Performance harmonises perfectly with the Rise! Aria eRoads have arrived here. 4,619.00. 2 Year Comprehensive, Lifetime Frame for Original Owner, Hydroformed Aluminum Alloy, Advanced Dynamics, Medium 419mm Frame: 16.5" Seat Tube, 22" Top Tube Length, 17.7" Reach, 29.5" Stand Over Height, 34.5" Minimum Saddle Height, 31.25" Width, 47.5" Wheelbase, 77.5" Length, Glitter Anthracite Grey with Gloss Black Accents, Leo Orange with Gloss Black Accents, Mouse Grey with Matt Sky Blue Accents, Marzocchi Bomber Z2 Air Suspension, 140mm Travel, Compression Adjust, Rebound Adjust, 44mm Rake, 34mm Black Annodized Stanchions, Boost 110mm Hub Spacing with 15mm Thru-Axle Quick Release, Fox Float DPS (Dual Piston System) Performance Air Suspension, 3-Position Evol Compression Adjust, Rebound Adjust Clicker, Custom Tune 210x55mm, Boost 184mm Hub Spacing with 12mm Thru-Axle with 6mm Bolt, Speed 1x12 Shimano SLX M7100 SGS Shadow Plus Derailleur with Clutch, Shimano CS-M7100 10-51 Tooth Cassette, Shimano Deore M6100 Triggers on Right (Two-Way High Lever, Three-Shift Low Lever), e*thirteen Plus Aluminum Alloy 165mm Long Crank Arms with Plastic Caps, e*thirteen e*spec Direct Mount Aluminum Alloy 32 Tooth Narrow-Wide Boost Chainring with Plastic Guide, Acros Aluminum Alloy, Integrated, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, Tapered 1-1/8 - 1-1/2", OC1 3D Forged 35mm Clamp, 40mm Length Interface 7 Angle, Shimano MT410 Hydraulic Disc with 180mm Rotors, Dual-Piston Calipers, Shimano BL-MT401 Two-Finger Levers with Adjustable Reach, OC MC20 Mountain Control Dropper (40mm Travel, Infinite Adjust), Race Face AR 30c Tubeless Ready, 622x30, ERD 600, 4.5mm Offset, 32 Holel, Stainless Steel, 14 Gauge, Black with Nipples, Front Maxxis Dissector, Rear Maxxis Rekon 29" x 2.4", 35 to 50 PSI, 2.5 to 3.4 BAR, Tubeless Ready, EXO+ Protection, 3C Maxx Terra, Optional Bottle Shaped Battery Pack for Extended Range, Extra Long Rubberized Slap Guard, Fixed Internal Battery Pack (Removable by Dropping the Bottom Bracket), 1.8lb Orbea Smart Charger 42 Volt 4 Amp, Shimano E8-RS (Rider Synergy, Orbea Exclusive), Shimano SC-E7000, Fixed Backlit 1.5" Black and White, Buttons: Circle Menu Button, Clear Trip Distance: Hold Set Button on Trip Distance Readout, Settings: Hold Circle Button on Speed Readout, Shimano SC-E7000 Button Pad for Assist Selection on Left, Battery Indicator (5 Bars), Assist Level (Off, Eco, Trail, Boost), Current Speed, Trip Distance, Odometer, Range Estimate, Trip Time, Avg Speed, Max Speed, Cadence Pedal RPM, Clock, (Advanced Settings: Clear, Clock, Light, Beep, Unit, Language, Font Color, Adjust, Shift Timing, Assist Customize (Profile 1, Profile 2), RD Protection Reset, Display Speed, Exit), (Measures Rear Wheel Speed, Pedal Cadence and Pedal Torque, Power Output Relative to Pedal Input), Your experiences with the new Mahle MySmartBike app (replacement for Ebikemotion). I believe the optional range extender bottle battery pack adds another $599 for an additional 250 watt hours. Also, the dealer has the app to program the bike and I might be able to get the app or have them do it for me. I used to have two mountain bikes but with the latest bikes they are so versatile I went down to one. Fork: Fox 34 Float Factory 140 FIT4 3-Pos-Adj QR15x110 Kashima. Now it feels like I have to choose between protecting the charge port and cord vs. protecting the derailleur, especially since the battery isnt removable for charging. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. However, the extra power comes at a price, adding an extra 1.4 kg weight and forcing you to leave your water bottle at home on long rides. WHEN DID DEVELOPMENT ON THE RISE FIRST BEGIN? The Orbea Rise takes advantage of the new Shimano EP8 motor, but it receives a special RS designation due to the heavy software tweaking Orbea has done to increase total motor efficiency. The 2022 Orbea Rise H15 in our 2022 eMTB budget group test - The best Mountain bikes with the highest BikeRide Scores. It is on par with SL offerings from Specialized, until you kick the bike into Boost for hot laps or super steep climbs, at which time it will pull away from Specialized SL bikes rather quickly. Of course, riding conditions also play a part in overall range, so this is meant to simply be a general guide. Contender Journal. Thanks for linking. Some features of the EP8 RS are unique, but others carry over from Shimanos full power EP8 system. Read the new issue of E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine now. Orbea has announced a second round of price increases in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm considering the Orbea Gain with the rear hub motor (Ebikemotion X35 v.2) and wondering if anyone has an idea how to "fix" the speed limiter of 25 kph. The lively Rise was designed for uncompromised riding fun and puts a massive grin on your face. Orbea Bikes. orbea rise derestrict - themerrittlawclinic.com Testers agreed the Rises modern and lightweight geometry is perfect for fast and aggressive trails. The playful character converts every trail feature into a kicker without punishing you on the landing. If you regularly enjoy full day rides, or want to use higher assistance levels, then choose the 540Wh battery. ocean area tire berlin CLOSED. RISE RETURNS, LIGHTER THAN EVER AND WITH MORE BATTERY OPTIONS, READY TO OPEN UP LONGER ADVENTURES AND TAKE YOU TO EVEN MORE EPIC LOCATIONS. Orbeas torque-limited alloy light eMTB retains many of the excellent handling characteristics of its lighter carbon counterparts and combines them with the perks of a bigger battery, delivering the best flow trail handling in the entire test field. Until last spring, my one mountain bike was 34.5lbs, obviously even more when I loaded up with two water bottles and I didn't think anything of it. The motor offers high pedal cadence support, over 120 RPM, which means it wont drop power as you downshift for hills etc. PD: Shimano did an amazing job crafting a motor with low noise. Working directly with Shimano in line with Orbea's brand new "RS Concept", the Shimano EP8 motor runs on their very own Orbea RS firmware. I'm upgrading to SRAM Red eTap, tubeless tires, and front brake on right side (not exactly an upgrade, but I've had the right lever for front brake for over 50 yrs. 40mm dropper seat post, fast 4 amp battery charger, highly adjustable Shimano SC-E7000 display panel and smartphone app. Rear Shock: Fox Float DPS Factory 3-Position Adjust Evol Kashima custom tune 210x55mm. If that is not enough you can drop their 252wh range extender in your bottle cage and get an additional 2,600 or 800 meters of climbing. With our simple MyO configurator your dream ride is just 3 steps away. While Orbeas in-house MyO configurator gives you countless options to customise the look and spec of your bike, it doesnt include any everyday accessories, like mudguards and a kickstand. Shock. The new Orbea Rise, with it's unique Shimano EP8 RS drive unit, promises to be the . The app also provides over the air updates to bike firmware. ON THE TRAIL THE BIKES HAS SO LITTLE MOTOR NOISE AND CABLE RATTLE, WAS THERE SPECIAL ATTENTION FOCUSED ON KEEPING THE BIKE AS QUIET AS POSSIBLE?? Many of the stock components can be upgraded individually through the Orbea MyO website (or shops) including the suspension fork, brake calipers and rotors, seatpost, saddle, and display. Excellent drivetrain! Technology is only as good as it is intuitive to use.