Father Jeff Smith will celebrate the Mass with burial following in the church cemetery. My best memories are of sharing the newspaper and eating Klondikes on the front porch. Having just moved back to Shelby we reconnected. Dave will be greatly missed. He was funny and helped me out if I locked myself out of a room. He and Iney enjoyed their place at Lake Erie where they loved to boat and fish. In addition, he was an especially proud dad to the most loyal dog and confident protector, Blue. My deepest condolences to Billys family. Claim this page . His smile will always be remembered and how he lit up a room. May God comfort you all at this time. Funeral arrangement under the care ofPenwell Turner Funeral Home. Obituary Patricia A. Biglin, age 74, resident Shelby died Tuesday morning, May 25, 2021 at Crestwood Care Center in Shelby. This was obvious to all of us because Bills work ethic carried over even in his daily workouts at the fitness center. penwellturner.com Thomas Edward Korbas Penwell Turner Funeral Home Thomas Edward Korbas, 83, of Greenwood, Indiana passed away on May 26, 2021 at the Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Calling hours will not be observed. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, http://www.stjude.com Care for Sandy and her family is being provided by the Penwell Turner Funeral Home, 168 West Main Street, Shelby. Care for Jim and his family is being provided. Youre in our thoughts and prayers. Windy. In addition to golf, Bob had enjoyed shooting trap and sporting clay, was a hunter, and was a proud member of the NRA. I was sorry to see that your mom has passed. The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed. He was a diehard fan and attended copious amounts of games throughout his lifetime. You can count on us at Penwell Turner Funeral Home to be a source of caring, comfort and information during one of the most emotionally difficult times. He and Jan loved traveling having been on 16 cruises together all over the world- his most memorable being in New Zealand where he took a hot air balloon ride. Memories & Condolence Mass of Christian Burial will immediately follow at 11 am at Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church, 5742 State Route 61, Shelby. https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/BLS889RNXY3MGHJ3, https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/XXRDFG54663DR78T, https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/F6DZSPSP6YZ4CZKP, https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/MC6YPBHQDYF8CGK5. David A. He will be missed by many. Wherever he went, he always found work and self-confessed as a jack of all trades and master of none. Various industries of work included, but was never limited to: oil fields, law enforcement- specifically the Shelby Police Department, construction and manufacturing. A celebration of life will be held on Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 1:30 pm at Trinity United Methodist Church, 209 East Main Street, Shelby, OH 44875. I adored Jim. I am praying for comfort for you. Windy. We will be keeping you and children in our prayers. Find the obituary of Gary R. Blanton (1952 - 2021) from Shelby, OH. Pam we are so saddened by the passing of Billy. I am saddened by the lose. Family and friends are welcome on Monday, February 13, 2023 from 11 am -1 pm at the Penwell Turner Funeral Home, 168 West Main Street, Shelby. Marcia Hall. I am sorry to hear of Bills passing. My deepest sympathy to Billys family. When my late wife, Amy, and I were newlyweds back in the 70s, we bought our first house from Bobby & Vella. Donna, Pam, I am so sorry for your loss of your brother bill. Pam, I was very sorry to hear about Billy. May God look down on the family and give you peace. Condolences to the family. We had the stove and refrigerator that came with that house for 30 years after, a good reminder of two very good people for all those years. He was proud to have earned a hole-in-one at Woody Ridge Golf Course. I graduated with Dave from Shelby. 2013 Penwell Turner Funeral Home | 168 West Main St. | Shelby, OH | 44875 | Phone: (419) 342-2551 Would you like to offer Willard Martin McKinneys loved ones a condolence message? Shelby, OH Barkdull Funeral Home & Crematory Monday, February 20, 2023 Add Photos Add a Memory Richard E. Babcock Richard E. Babcock, age 93, of New Haven, Ohio passed away on Thursday,. We just had him stop by a few weeks ago during windshield time. You are currently browsing the archives for the Obituaries category. Enjoyed the look on his face when I showed up at his job with the bread! Bob had the gift to gab and enjoyed golfing in various leagues over the years. Memorial contributions may be made to Most Pure Heart of Mary Catholic Church, 29 West Street, Shelby, Ohio 44875 where Jim and Jan were faithful members. Al was quick witted and was always making those around him laugh with his jokes. (80 years old). I miss him already. Jim Winningham; children: Deanna (Nick) Bailey of Shelby, Vronda Brown of Shelby, Elizabeth Stigall of Shelby, Jeremiah Sexton of Plymouth, Steven (Patrick) Wren of Columbus, Tim Winningham of Mansfield, and Thomas Winningham of Columbus; many grandchildren, greatgrandchildren, siblings, other relatives, and friends. Work here? I just did that maththats 50 years. Pam is our classmate. On February 14, 1953 she married Edgar J. Sutter and together celebrating 59 years of marriage until his death on June 12, 2012. Then a transition to snow showers overnight. In addition to her parents, Sally was preceded in death by numerous brothers and sisters. Todd and I used to see him at the fitness center he was just exercising away!! Bill was dedicated, loyal and a kind soul. We are so sorry about the passing of Bill. We are so sorry to hear about the loss of Dave. We spent a many days and nights in Michigan fishing What a great friend. We made sure no one messed with him, we had his back. I worked with your mom and always see Jim at the Tiro To honor Sally and her life, the family has asked that you be kind, do something nice for someone around you, and pay it forward- that would certainly make Sallys heart sing. When not traveling, Jim enjoyed projects around their home on Sunset Drive where you could always find him on the front porch. James MacDonald will officiate and burial will follow in Oakland Cemetery, Shelby. Obituaries. My deepest condolences to each of you! Mary Ann was born on May 27, 1933 to the late Florian and Cordelia (Foos) Smith. Family and friends are welcome on Thursday, March 2, 2023 from 5-8 pm at the Penwell Turner Funeral Home, 168 West Main Street, Shelby where funeral services will be held on Friday, March 3, 2023 at 11 am. On off days from the department, he worked at Robinsons Hardware in Shelby as a small engine mechanic- something he also did as a hobby for neighbors and friends at his home workshop. Remember all the good times. He was always so helpful in many ways at the old Mutual. You can send your sympathy in the guestbook provided and share it with the family. Rev. Only a few weeks ago he was telling me about your new house. She worked at Miami Systems as a Collator Operator. In addition to his parents, Bob was preceded in death by his brother: Teddy McClain; and sisters: Icelean Franklin, Maxine Nelson, Janice Elkins, and Louise Ellis. So sorry Jim-knew you when your wife were out and about but we connected again at The Willows playing Bingo!! 2013 Penwell Turner Funeral Home | 168 West Main St. | Shelby, OH | 44875 | Phone: (419) 342 . Our prayers and condolences, such wonderful neighbors. He will truly be missed! So sorry to hear of Bobbys passing will be deeply missed by all who had come to know him He was dedicated to his work and shared many stories about his time there. We went to Frankenmuth several years ago and he asked if we would bring back some special bread. Mary Ann Sutter, age 89, of Crestline, died early Thursday morning, February 23, 2023 at Mill Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation in Galion. We are sad to announce that on February 8, 2023 we had to say goodbye to Freelyn Wayne Gearhart of Shelby, Ohio. Mary Ann dedicated her life entirely to her family and partnered with Edgar to run the family farm. He was so happy. Jims working life began at Wilkins Air Force Depot then the Tuby before becoming a groundskeeper at Shelby Mutual Insurance. Sandra Jane Sandy Lybarger, age 87, of Shelby, died late Tuesday night, February 28, 2023 at Mill Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation in Galion. He also told me about Johns experience while he was in Washinton D.C. and they got to go visit. Billey was an absolute bright spot in the work day. He joined us and was very funny, sweet and kind. Sending Our deepest Sympathy to his family. Alberta Newspaper Group Location: Penwell Turner Funeral Home, 168 West Main Street, Shelby, Ohio 44875. does zak bagans have a daughter. I always enjoyed talking with Bill. Rain to start. Bill is survived by his sister: Pamela A. Sweeney of Shelby; godchildren: Roy (Britt) Brown and their daughter, Keelie, and Ami (Jeff) Finster; aunt: Anna Lee Johnston; his faithful canine companion: Macy; and cousins and friends. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. In addition to his dear wife and parents, Jim was preceded in death by his grandson: Mark Berlin; brother: Charles Magers; 5 sisters: Ruth Mack, Esther Cahill, Eleanor Hench, Naomi Ransom, and Evelyn Weible; and brother-in-law: Joe Pfahler. He was such a great man. I remember every year we waited till Christmas to both see how BIG your Christmas tree was and see what new inflatable Billy added to the yard display. He will be missed, and always remembered. He was always kind, always pleasant, and always ready to help in any way he could. Donald H. Betts, age 77, of Shelby, died Sunday, October 25, 2020 at OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital. He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Chandra Gwen (Biettner) McKinney, whom he wed September 10, 1976; daughter and son-in-law: Candace and Nathan Blunk; grandchildren: Juliana and Cassidy; sister: Kathy (Jim) Fidler; brothers-in-law: Scott (Heidi) Biettner and Shawn (Sherri) Biettner; nieces and nephews: Scott Rush, Jonathan (Kelly) Rush, Kyle (Charlie) Cooke, Kari (John) Nettle, Gabe Biettner, Ella Biettner, Kurt Biettner; and other relatives and friends. As a homemaker, Mary Ann was a great cook, enjoyed flower gardening, excelled in home matches of croquet, and could throw a mean pitch as the permanent pitcher in home baseball games. Like his father, gone too soon. Dave had a joy about him that was contagious. I remember the many years ago when your family lived across the street from us. Dave was the nicest guy !!! We were so proud to call Dave our friend. Can still hear his most famous words YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN He was there until its closing and worked his remaining years at Carothers Pest Control from where he retired. He took pride in everything he did! Family and friends must say goodbye to their beloved Willard Martin McKinney of Shelby, Ohio, who passed away at the age of 72, on February 25, 2023. We spent many seasons as neighbors on Lorwood Drive. When I was a senior at Shelby High School, Bill was a freshman. He was a Cleveland Indians fanatic and loved everything outdoors- especially going to the woods to cut firewood and relaxing on his porch at home. Willie was an animal lover who adored his pets. por . Dave was a good guy and will be missed by his church family. In 20018 they were on a robotics team together. He was a storm chaser and enjoyed what he would call windshield time which consisted of getting in his truck and going for drives. Dave was a great guy and friend. Be comforted during your time of grief, as assuredly, and in the hope of things to come, youll see him again. Chuck was born January 18, 1940 in Port Clinton, Ohio to the late Charles Michael and Evelyn Martina (French) Podgurski. I know you are so proud of all he accomplished and will miss him dearly. He was predeceased by : his father Ross McKinney; and his sister Carolyn Lee Rush. She will forever be remembered as a caring wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. To view Bobs tribute video, click the link provided: https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/F6DZSPSP6YZ4CZKP. Vel and Deb i am so sorry for your loss..Bob will be missed especially by my Dad. He also was a talented stain glass artist and had been a member of the Willard Masonic Lodge. Pastor Jeff Croft will officiate the services and burial will follow in Oakland Cemetery, Shelby. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the First Baptist Church of Shelby, 185 South Gamble Street, Shelby, OH 44875 or to the Richland County Dog Shelter, 810 North Home Road, Mansfield, OH 44904. This evolved into him getting his minister license and marrying couples too- the total package! Write your message of sympathy today. 2013 Penwell Turner Funeral Home | 168 West Main St. | Shelby, OH | 44875 | Phone: (419) 342-2551 Pam Im so sorry to hear of Bills passing. Always enjoyed him at Shelby Mutual and First Lutheran. So sorry Marlo and family for your loss. She loved to read, do puzzles, and cook. To view Willies tribute video, click the link provided: https://www.tributeslides.com/tributes/show/BLS889RNXY3MGHJ3. May the Good Lord bring you all together like never before and may you all be comforted by the love that unites you and the legacy that Dave leaves behind. We had fun times. He was my yoga buddy, as well as a very faithful client. John and Tammy and family Jan always enjoyed the time he spent doing work for your mom and dad, they liked to talk about any and everything! You can count on us at Penwell Turner Funeral Home to be a source of caring, comfort and information during one of the most emotionally difficult times. What a dear sweet man of God! Allow us to help you create a fitting memorial. We are praying for you and your family. Sandra Jane Lybarger Obituary. My sincerest condolences. Thank you Bill for joining us and giving us a lifetime of memories. 2013 Penwell Turner Funeral Home | 168 West Main St. | Shelby, OH | 44875 | Phone: (419) 342-2551 Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Sandra Jane Lybarger to pay them a last tribute. God comfort & keep Bobbys family. Request Information Estimated price list for Turner Funeral Home Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital, www.stjude.com/donate. Michael Tenpenny passed away at the. Survivors include his caretakers who are his niece and nephew: Melanie and Chris Elliott of Plymouth; siblings: Phyllis Lauffhaut of Ocean Springs, MS, Andrea (Pert) Williams of Madison, OH, and Timothy Williams of CA; and numerous other relatives and friends. Billy genuinely cared about his friends and co-workers and he took great pride in a job well done. Survivors include her son: Scott Lybarger of Shelby; daughter: Shelley (Shannon) Friebel of Shelby; grandchildren: Sarah Friebel, Shannon Friebel, and Sophie (Fred) Gomez; granddaughter-in-law: Katelyn Lybarger; great grandchildren: Bryce, Emma, Elly, Isaac, Kennedy, Aaliyah, and Carter; great great grandson: Braylon; and other relatives and friends.