Tag: Phoenix Coldon found. ", To find out more about Coldon's double life and learn whatThomas and Delia think happened to the missing 23-year-old, watch part two of ". Why did we have to learn from someone else where our vehicle was?". Some people view this as evidence Phoenix chose to run away from her life. On The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon, airing on Oxygen, Phoenixs friend, Kellie Fronhert, said she saw the missing young woman on a flight from Las Vegas to St. Louis. The Huffington Post previously reported that family members, desperate to find answers, even visited exotic dance clubs and interviewed local prostitutes based on the possibility that Coldon could have been forced to work in the sex trade. 'Dilbert' Comic Creator Calls Black People A 'Hate Group,' Urges Segregation So Whites Can 'Escape', Bernie Mac Show Star Camille Winbush Is Not Ashamed Of Joining OnlyFans, Kyle Rittenhouse Faces 2nd Civil Lawsuit, Continues To Beg For Money From His Supporters, Ben Stein's 'Aunt Jemima' Rant Is A Master Class On White Privilege, Why Did tWitch Kill Himself? Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! Jarrod Duke Johnston. Hours after she left, her car was found abandoned in the middle of the street just 25 minutes from home. This compounds the problem because if little information is available about a case, it will be harder for people to make podcast episodes or write articles that bring new attention to the case. Her vehicle, a 2006 Volvo S60, was also reported missing. Racist Ex-University Of Kentucky 'Karen' Sophia Rosing Is Charged For Assaulting Black Student, Mississippi Cops Beat, Waterboarded Handcuffed Black Men, Shot 1 For Dating White Women': Lawyers. 00:38:08. The East St. Louis Police Department has not returned calls for comment from HuffPost. . A 23-year-old student at the University of Missouri State, Coldon sat in her mothers black 1998 Chevy Blazer while talking into her cell phone. On a chilly December afternoon in 2011, Phoenix Coldon, a 23-year-old University of Missouri-St. Louis student and champion fencer, left her family's home in the St. Louis suburb of Spanish Lake, MO. I dont know what to believe. It had either been picked up by a family friend or relative but the parents didn't find out about it until 2 weeks later. Phoenix Coldon Vanished Into Thin Air; Her Family Lost Their Home On the day she went missing, Coldons car was found at the intersection of 9th Street and St. Clair Avenue in East St. Louis. Hours after Coldon disappeared, her 1998 black Chevy Blazer was reportedly discovered abandoned in a crime-ridden section of East St. Louis. Founded in 2010, Thought Catalog is owned and operated by The Thought & Expression Company, Inc. For over a decade, we've been at the bleeding edge of media, pioneering an infrastructure for creatives to flourish both artistically and financially. Hogan said they "got over" the incident "in that second," but then Coldon did something else completely out of character. She has reddish brown hair and pierced ears. Episode 2 is available ad-free right now at the $5 tier on our Patreon. She does, hiding behind her christian faith. Despite the police officer who found the car saying it was "empty", Phoenix's shoes, purse, ID and her glasses were still inside the vehicle. While police conducted searches in the weeks following Phoenix Coldon's disappearance, the department has remained tight-lipped about the case. Hours after she left, her car was found abandoned in the middle of the street just 25 minutes from home. Is Phoenix Coldon Hiding in Plain Sight? - Medium What's your top five cities for overall quality of life for ADOS? discovery+; Domestic Violence Awareness; In Pursuit With John Walsh; . Thats not true at all. Phoenix Coldon found | Missing Souls A month before she disappeared, Phoenix uploaded a troubling video of herself in emotional distress. Creepy Catalog is owned by the Thought and Expression Company, a small, independent media company. The 23-year-old lived at home with her parents in Spanish Lake, Missouri. And now one law enforcement veteran is hoping a new documentary will encourage those who may know what exactly happened to come forward. Yes, DEEP in denial. And I looked up, and that's when I saw her. Phoenix Coldon with childhood friend Timothy Baker. . We are desperately hoping she is still alive and we can get her home to celebrate.". When Phoenix was 18 she had moved out of her parents home and told them that she was living with a female friend and attending college classes. Cookie Notice Seven years later her grieving parents still pray for answers. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more. She was like, 'I'm just leaving. Phoenix Coldon. Later on, it came out that she had not enrolled in the last semester, and I did not know about that. Unfortunately, the recent hoax has not been the first cruel prank the family has had to endure. The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon 101: Two Phones. When we checked the vehicle at the impound there (were) lots of things in it, including her glasses, her purse with her driver's license and her shoes.". The responding officer had the vehicle towed and never informed Phoenix's parents. One theory about Phoenix Coldons disappearance is that she may have been swept up into a sex trafficking ring as her car was found along the 1-70 corridor in East St. Louis, which is known as one of the top sex trafficking corridors in the United States. She pulled it out and I was like, 'OK, well, are you going to use it? For more information, please see our On Dec. 27, English's disappearance was reported to police. Weve heard of so many women who went missing with a nearly identical story. My gut is telling me that mom knows more than what shes saying though. Location Last Seen: Phoenix was last seen leaving her driveway in her vehicle, a 1998 4-door Chevrolet Blazer with tinted windows. Though Coldon'sparents didn'trealize she was missing for some time, her car was found abandoned in the middle of the street at the corner of 9th and St. Clair in St. Louis, just 25 minutes from her house. She was at her parents' residence playing basketball in the front yard. English was last seen alive on or about Christmas Day. During part one of Oxygen's two-night special " The Disappearance of Phoenix Coldon ," investigative reporter Shawndrea Thomas and retired deputy Police Chief Joe Delia sat down with the friends of Phoenix Coldon, who vanished from her hometown of St. Louis, Missouri in 2011. I completely agree with this! Though the car was found the night she went missingand wasjust a few miles from her home, these two pieces of information weren't put together until a friend of the family found the impounded car onan independent search. A black SUV slowly pulled out of a driveway in Spanish Lake, MO. MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011 - Websleuths At 3pm on December 18, 2011, 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon got in her card and left her family home. Because the I-70 corridor in East St. Louis is known for sex trafficking, some theorize that she was kidnapped and sold into a sex trafficking ring.Others believe she left of her own volition, desiring to start over with a new life. Coldon said she initially thought her daughter had gone to the store but when she did not return that night, Coldon said she reported her daughter and her black 1998 Chevy Blazer missing to police the following morning. After learning about Phoenix Coldon, read about the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel. Yet they were not informed that the vehicle have been impounded. FindingPhoenixColdon/IndieGoGoPhoenix Coldon with childhood friend Timothy Baker. Or, she couldve ran away and met her demise somehow. [3], In 2016, her case was profiled on the podcast The Vanished.[6]. Because of the lack of police effort in finding Phoenix Coldon, the Coldon family spent their own money on private investigators. While speaking with childhood friend Tim Baker,Thomas and Delia learned Coldon had been keeping various secrets in the months prior to her disappearance. When it was located, the vehicle was found abandoned 20 miles from English's home with its engine running. . Dont worry, you can unsubscribe any time you like. And, look where it was found. That friend would later turn out to be her boyfriend. Lauryn Garrett Found Alive. Former NBA journeyman Anthony Morrow facing charges on assault of a female, strangulation etc. Yet it wasn't until January 1, two weeks after Coldon disappeared, that her familyfinally learned her car had been impounded. All Rights Reserved. No one that seems interesting is liking me back on hinge, Attractive women wield more power in their households, study finds. Still, Delia has faith Coldons family will finally learn what happened to their daughter. Name already in use - github.com It was kind of 'don't date until you're married,'" Baker said. They later found out she was in fact living with a boyfriend. While the car was located within hours, it was found abandoned in East St. Louis and thus impounded in the state of Illinois. The truck was found in East St Louis, Illinois. Why do men think they gone get a 22 year old at 38 with a bad hairline/grey hair and belly fat? And look where it was found. Is Megan Is Missing Based On A TrueStory? You may unsubscribe at any time. She seem more irritated, more like down. The family has a group about Phoenix's case on Facebook. I just wish those police had done what they were supposed to do by running those plates and seeing that the vehicle was registered to me, said Gloria Coldon, adding that police didnt even search the area after finding the car. Coldons mother had to contact the mayors office in order to have the $1,000 impound bill waived. 2 Cherrie Mahan . The disappearance of Phoenix Colden is similar to the December 2011 disappearance of 36-year-old Stacey English in Atlanta. the disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, nine-year-old Asha Degrees disappearance from North Carolina. Parent (s) Goldia Coldon (mother), Lawrence Coldon (father) On December 18, 2011, 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon left her family home in Spanish Lake, Missouri and disappeared. "She told me, you know, obviously not to say anything to her parents, considering her parents are strict, very religious. "According to the officer, he did not do an inventory sheet because there was nothing in the car," she said. According to Goldia Coldon, the police never made an inventory when her daughter's car was found. "The area where Phoenix's car was found was East St. Louis, which has one of the highest crime rates in the country," said Delia. The family of 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon of Missouri is now trying to determine if her case could be linked to the disappearance of 36-year-old Stacey English of Georgia. And when you look at the time frame of what happened from when Phoenix left her house to the time her car was found was a pretty short time frame.. August 16, 2022 1 Min Read. Fronhert said the woman kept walking and did not engage with her any further. Missing Since 12/18/2011 Missing From Spanish Lake, Missouri Classification Endangered Missing Sex Female; Race Black; Date of . The St. Louis Post-Dispatch added it wouldnt be until Jan. 2 that a relative found the truck at an East St. Louis tow yard. A possum feared extinct is discovered by an amateur naturalist in Papua New Guinea being cooked on a hungry family's BBQ. They brought cadaver dogs to the scene, they spent countless man hours trying to figure out what happened. It was said to not be parked in a way of someone who intended to exit the vehicle. In the U.S., 609,275 people were reported missing last year. English's family members, however, among others find it unlikely she crawled under a tree and laid there until she died. Genuinely happyI feel so stupid because I let myself go a little bit. [1], A two-night special television documentary on her disappearance debuted on Oxygen on November 3 and 4, 2018, in which investigative reporter Shawndrea Thomas and retired deputy Police Chief Joe Delia discussed theories on her disappearance. Her father believes she was going to the convenience store near their home and/or to a friends house. Phoenix Coldon hasnt been seen since December 18, 2011. Black Excellence All-Around: Ari Chambers Interviews Gymnasts Konnor McClain, Shilese Jones & Jordan Chiles | #TeamUSA. And I said, 'Phoenix? There have been others, including one by a young woman who called the home and pretended to be Phoenix Coldon. Goldia said Coldon would often sit in the vehicle and make phone calls, which she thought was strange. When the plane landed, Fronhert went up to a Southwest Airlines counter and said: I think that I saw a missing person on my airplane." Coldon's mother also says that they had to complain to the mayor's office in order to avoid paying the impound bill, which totaled more than $1,000. Once in a blue moon, cold cases are solved this way. Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. 5 Anna Christian Waters . The door was slung open, the engine left running, and the driver was missing. This is about 25 minutes away from her parents home in Spanish Lake Missouri. The Charley Project page link even states she may have traveled to Illinois or San Francisco California after her disappearance. The Heartbreaking Case Of Phoenix Coldons Disappearance And Why Her Parents Think The Police Share Some Of The Blame.