"Future" Danielle. Our work does directly help us with the fields that we are going into, and there are plenty of facilities to help us out academically and Carter wise such as the writing center and career center. I'm in it right now as I type this, and it always facilitiates learning for its students, alumni, and even faculty. This college will definitely make you set for the restofyour life. Marist College vs. Fairfield University Provides auto-suggestions when entering text. And boy, did I cry. Pros Convenience Greater selection Easy access to information Cons Can be more expensive Increases risk of fraud Leads to longer wait times Pros of Online Shopping Using your computer or another digital device for your shopping needs can be convenient, offer more options, and provide insight you might not find in person at a store. 10 Pros and Cons of a Community College Visit the FAFSA website to apply for student aid. Pros and Cons of Online Shopping - The Balance Can expect higher income than ending with a high school diploma. Flexible Hours 3. You have gone through standardized testing, social cliques, first kisses, first dates, finding your niche, late nights, and the occasional mental breakdown. You'll also want to keep in mind that college tuition is going up every year. Life Insurance Versus 529 Plans for College: Pros and Cons I am excited to continue my schooling with Marist College, and would definitely recommend it to anyone else thinking about joining the Red Foxes! Despite how uncomfortable I felt, I decided to put myself out there in attempts to meet new people. Working at Marist College: 151 Top Reviews | Indeed.com Providence, RI, USA. I would have talked myself into a college level freshman writing class over my summer before college even if the class was not for college credit. The pros and cons of working before college. The average student debt for graduates in the class of 2022 was around $40,577 per student, not including those with no debt. For each full-time student, Marist College spends about $11,731 a year. I would tell my high school self to focus on enjoying the little things in life. 1. I suppose I would have researched scholarships due to my financial need. It has been a struggle to live on my own while paying for school and now financial aid is unavailable to me. The theory ascertains the system as the best way of . Decent Essays. Results). I have worked really hard to get my associates and bachelors. The third thing I would tell myself is don?t be afraid to talk to the professors because they want to help you get the most out of your college experience. My college experiences have been both positive and negative, and it wouldn't be fair to address the negative components only. It feels like groundhogs day nearly everyday here and similar to high school seeing the same people/doing the same things. If I went back, I would choose a more practical major than communications, like math or business where there are more higher-income employment opportunities. One of the reasons why you have been successful so far is your tenacity, and the fact you never give up once you set your mind to something. Marist College - I loved being a tutor | Glassdoor Marist Student Population. Do not be afraid of not wearing the right thing or not saying the right thing either because college is where you learn to make mistakes. The pros and cons of each school right now is: Marist College: +Overall better school +Better available programs +Nicer, smaller campus +I would be staying in a dorm, so I guess its the "full college experience" +All internships are paid internships In less than one year I had learned the most important lesson of my life. Marist College - Niche Because of all you've been through, I understand that the idea of college is daunting and you do all you can to avoid the subject when anyone brings it up. You must also remember that you are not alone, every other person on campus is new to the school or was new, they don't know any one and is experiencing the same things. Availability of many storage engines. However having experienced my first year in college, I would advise myself that I have to have self-motivation and the will power to say no whenever I think about not doing school work. MaristAlexis March 14, 2017, 11:05pm #11 Hi! But, do not be afraid of asking for help. Marist College - The Princeton Review College Rankings & Reviews The transition into college is going to be a tough one just like any other transitions you've faced. An endowment is the total value of a school's investments, donations, and assets. Marist College Reviews 1,173 reviews Excellent 274 Very Good 433 Average 352 Poor 77 Terrible 37 All Categories This school is good for some but not for others. A less expensive living is one of the financial benefits of being married in college. Marist College offers students the power of a global university with the personal touch of a leading liberal arts college. However, you should really try to spend a day or stay overnight with a student. Dear High-School-Me, Convenience It . Love your better self, Marist also has a branch campus in Florence, Italy. The campus is beautiful, but don't let that deceive you. Different people have different ideas about what makes a "good" school. Every summer my family and I would go up to our boat on the St. Lawrence river. Thank you. Pro & Con Arguments Pro 1 College graduates make more money. Marist College Class of 2024 EA Discussion. You can also take a virtual campus tour to get a sense of what Marist College and Poughkeepsie are like without leaving home. Credit Cards And College Freshmen: Pros and Cons - National Debt Relief Many residents of a neighborhood in Lincoln County, Tennessee, are fed up with a "whiskey fungus" that's covering their property and they're blaming the nearby Jack Daniels storage facilities. Breathe! I regret the money I spent here. 1. Interested in joining a fraternity or sorority? As i look back on the things i have done so far, i feel as though college has given me a beter standing as far as interpreting or comprehending select materials. Has an active open-source developer community. It's not about being "cool," it's about being yourself and finding what makes you happy. The Pros and Cons of Honors Colleges - The College Solution If I could hop in Doc Brown's DeLorean and give my high school self a piece of advice it would be to take my education more seriously. Surely enough without realizing it, each class I took and each friend and teacher I met, brought me from wandering aimlessly to walking a direct path. Have girlfriends, boyfriends aren't vitally important so be sure to keep your girlfriends close. EducationDynamicsis also proud to offer free Do they want to be close to home or really far away? I would also tell myself to search more for colleges that provide financial help for me so I can get a better education. If you tend to be overbearing, you have to learn to temper your creative fire and acknowledge the ideas of your partners. It took me too long into my transition into college to realize that it does not matter if you fit in with the "cool crowd," but that you surround yourself with the people and activities that make you happy. My favorite part of Campus is the new McCann gym with all brand new equipment. To make the most of your experience get involved on campus and make friends. There is growing acceptance of the use of digital games in the learning and discovery processes, whether to raise knowledge around school subjects, help business professionals master new skills or keep college students on course. The biggest benefit to students who utilize online classes is the flexibility they offer. This is all I want you to know: you will be fine! I spent so much time trying to please my parents, my friends from high school, and my new friends in college. People change. You are not just a number to them, so they are more likely to care about your success. I love Marist. Put yourself out there; take a chance. You don't need frats to be a good party school. Marist College Overview. Don?t just follow the crowd. You can get your degree faster. In his vision of a classless world, there are equal gender roles, ethnicity, racism, and discrimination. I had planned to go to school during this time but with a young marriage and suddenly a child on the way, I needed to jump into a career to support my growing family. List of the Pros of a 2-Year College vs. a 4-Year University. Before entering I though I knew exactly what I wanted. Nicole. believe you should make decisions about your Jamie Although the point of attending college is for the education, everyone knows how integral the friends and memories are to the experience. The schools ability to pivot during Covid was a joke, and online classes were essentially self-education. I'd go back and say that I'm on the right path. 223 Marist College reviews. I love how well FE interacts with Raiser's Edge. obligated to apply to or enroll with the school. Im surprised they dont call the RAs babysitters. Marist is a bar school, so most socializing is done off campus. Oh, and all those people you think are so important? I now had to find a way to live in two different worlds at the same time: my home and my "home away from home". It creates equality: Many injustices and inequalities happen because of the divide in social classes within a society. I was confident despite everyone telling me you will change your ideas over the course of four years. One disadvantage of attending college before joining the military is that you may not qualify for the typical military tuition reimbursement package that individuals receive when they join the military first and then attend college. Finally, the last part of advice I would give myself is to keep my head up and to choose the right major of my choice so I can follow my dreams and never settle for less and give up. Founded in 1929, Marist's 210-acre campus overlooks the Hudson River in the heart of the historic Hudson Valley, midway between New York City and Albany, the state capital.