Dance party in the bow was AWESOME. When looking for Sayulita Mexico flights you need to check first to see if you can fly to Puerto Vallarta from wherever you are. Here are your best options for traveling between Sayulita and Guadalajara: The bus is probably going to be your cheapest and less stressful option. Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita transportation - Tripadvisor Fishing - Whale Watching - Special Event - Wedding Party, Customize your own private tour option for groups of 2 to 185 people. we had about 30 people on our tour and there was more than enough space for all of us. If you find one, you got lucky! Its a very easy drive. Traveling from Puerto Vallarta airport to Sayulita is pretty straightforward and much easier than youd imagine. 10:00 AM | 11:00 AM | 11:45 AM | 1:00 PM | 3:00 PM | 5:00 PM. We left the daily grind in California to live and work in Mexico and now help others do the same! Located on the sunny coastline of Nayarit in Mexico, this picturesque town is a paradise for beach lovers. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's on the hour, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Weve had a great time at Atico with their swing seats and gypsy jazz band. I would strongly recommend booking your ticket online with them. Yelapa is a charming little fishing village located in a quiet bay about 45 minutes by water taxi south of Puerto Vallarta, where you can admire a beautiful waterfall, rivers and beach for an unforgettable vacation. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy . PRO TIP: Speaking Spanish will be a huge bonus if you want to take a taxi or Uber from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita. Then the day trippers. Anything in particular thats fun there (i know theres a lot). I spent one month in Sayulita, during which I visited Puerto Vallarta three times. The bus to Sayulita runs every 20 minutes from 6 am until 10 pm. Get to Sayulita immediately upon arrival at Puerto Vallarta Airport. In contrast, I saw fewer dogs in Puerto Vallarta, both with and without homes. The major suburb is Bahia de Banderas in Nayarit across state lines, in which Nuevo Vallarta and Sayulita are localities. I also use Travel Insurance Master for some short vacation type trips as they are cheaper than World Nomads a lot of the time. URLs (links) to outside websites are prohibited. Sadly there isnt an ADO bus here in Puerto Vallarta. There are several options available to get to San Pancho from Puerto Vallarta. The airport near Sayulita Mexico is Puerto Vallarta. Both bus companies have large comfortable buses and the prices are about the same. Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco 48380. Animals may not be the first thing you think of when comparing Sayulita vs. Puerto Vallarta, but if you visit Sayulita, youll know what I meanit has a big dog culture. Sasha is a teacher, writer, and video producer from Detroit, Michigan. Once I have received your booking you will get an email from me asking for all of the information I need to go ahead with your booking. Without traffic, the drive can be done in an hour, however, road congestion is common and its likely to take you longer. Weve taken every mode of transport in Mexico, but when were in full-fledged vacation mode, we opt for a private driver, its usually not that much more money, and it gets you straight to your hotel and on the beach. Were going to walk you through all the options from Puerto Vallarta airport to Sayulita, and you can choose which fits your travel budget and comfort level. We usually dont make it past Club de Playa Camaron. THE BEST Day Trips from Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita - Tripadvisor If you need to book short notice contact me here first before paying a deposit. Needless to say, I recommend keeping some emergency pesos set aside in case you get into a bind with having issues withdrawing money from an ATM. Either way, make sure you have the address written down so you can pass it to the driver if you dont speak Spanish. How To Get From Puerto Vallarta Airport to Sayulita, Mexico Whether you are staying in Sayulita, Punta Mita, Puerto Vallarta or surrounding areas, I really hope this post has been useful and you have a great time in Sayulita however you choose to get there. That's probably where you'll have to go for one of the boat trips too. Travel Tip: Watch out for additional charges when using a credit card in Mexico. Bertram 57 Yacht Rental. Sail away with us . Renting a car will potentially be the fastest and most comfortable way. Can't help you with tour boat or whale watching excursions, but we've done extended stays in the village of La Cruz de Huanacaxtle several times. I especially loved that . Its safe to say the secret is out about Sayulita, so dont come here expecting some quiet, tranquil beach town. Surfing, hiking, yoga, and beach bumming occupy the days here, while evenings are for live music, bar hopping, and of course delicious tacos, ceviche, and more. I recommend having both Uber and InDriver on your phone. Quick things to note about the Sayulita bus: Weve taken the ADO bus from Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen,which leaves right from the airport and is a super nice bus for around $10. Children. We call her the LOVE BOAT, featuring an open deck design, plenty of spacious gathering areas, offering both sun and shade, The FAT CAT was built for Fun, Comfort . Before renting a car in Mexico, make sure to read our article, must know things before renting a car in Mexico. To the north of Puerto Vallarta, along the North coast of Banderas Bay, and beyond, lies the state of Nayarit, home to the best beaches in the Puerto Vallarta area, and some of the most charming communities. Required fields are marked *. Heres another reason why a working debit card is so important in Sayulitamany, if not most, restaurants and shops only accept cash. Thats not to say you cant find such people in Sayulita. We usually get stressed out and yell before we agree on a rate. Relax in comfort in the water on our floatables, or enjoy the deck watching for whales and dolphins. The winter months are the most crowded in both Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita (December to mid-April). Thats the primary spot where the route to Sayulita begins. A private water taxi costs about $45 USD per hour with a 4-hour minimum, allowing you to come and go on your own time. But the restaurants and cafes Sayulita has are just as delicious. Pkease note the above info is just for 1-3 people. Weight loss doesn't have to be exhausting - it can be exciting and fun! Its also a Pueblo Magico (one of four Pueblo Magicos in Nayarit) so its super cute and popular with Instagrammers! It really depends on traffic and how much the bus stops (it often stops a lot as its a local bus). The closest airport to Sayulita is in Puerta Vallarta. PVTourist | Water Taxis AllyCat Sailing Tours - Sailing tours from Sayulita, Punta Mita, Puerto They were so attentive and accommodating! My small victory got me all excited and sparked this impromptu dance. Car rentals start from around $17 USD a day (including insurance) so if there is a group of you this could be a great option. Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Sayulita Nayarit - YouTube Puerto Vallarta is a resort city located on the Pacific Ocean in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. Before we get stuck into how to get to Sayulita, its important to know where it is right? Everyone was super friendly and provided amazing service. Their boats leave from the marina at Nuevo Vallarta (just north of the airport and the cruise ship terminal) FYI. The other airport in the area is Guadalajara, but that is much farther away. Should you ever get thirsty or hungry, youve got plenty of options here. If you are unsure then you can contact me and Ill get you a quote! If you have any questions or are ready to book your tour, please fill out the form on the page or give us a call. We will visit Sayulita at least one day and one evening. Puerto Vallarta Airport (PVR) to Sayulita hotels - Private Roundtrip Transfer 2 Reviews Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Save to Wishlist From $189.54 Lowest Price Guarantee Select Date and Travelers Check Availability Reserve Now & Pay Later Secure your spot while staying flexible Free cancellation Up to 24 hours in advance. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites, click here to check rates and book online, must know things before renting a car in Mexico, Top 10 Things to do in Isla Holbox Travel Guide 2023, 5 Things you Should Know BEFORE Renting a Car in Cancun, Ultimate List Of The Best Cenotes in Mexico. Puerto Vallarta is better than Sayulita for families. Their infinity pool overlooking the main beach is the perfect spot to enjoy some good ole fashioned R&R. wide variety of accommodations available. Fat Cat - AllyCat Sailing Tours Puerto Vallarta to Sayulita is just an hours drive, yet it feels worlds apart. Private Boat Tours Looking for a private tour option? In contrast, you might be able to catch some relatively larger waves at the center and north ends of Sayulita Beach. - See 667 traveler reviews, 39 candid photos, and great deals for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, at Tripadvisor. Plus, who wants to sit in traffic and drive on cobblestones when there is a beach to sit on and tequila to drink? Sayulita Beach Day Trip from Puerto Vallarta 17 Reviews Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Share Save to Wishlist From $59.00 Lowest Price Guarantee Select Date and Travelers Check Availability Reserve Now & Pay Later Secure your spot while staying flexible Free cancellation Up to 24 hours in advance. Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita are both destinations that deserve a visit. Check out some of our other Mexico articles to fuel your wanderlust. Sayulita has two main roads that run parallel to the ocean; about four blocks of those roads make up the touristy downtown center. Bus Routes and Bus Fares for Puerto Vallarta As for Playa Yelapa, the best way to get there is by boat. It was a highlight of our girls trip! To avoid this, youd only spend a few extra dollars if you hire a private driver in advance. Thats where most surfers congregate, but its because the waves are ideal for newbies. You can read about its accessible features in our guide on wheelchair accessibility in Puerto Vallarta. The bus company running the Sayulita to Guadalajara route is Vallarta Plus they generally run twice a day departing Guadalajara at around 7 am and 9 am and arriving in Sayulita at around 11 am and 1 pm. Thank you chica slices for an unforgettable experience! Last boat at 5 pm. Chic Locca Tours is the best All Inclusive Boat Tour in Sayulita! Jose Ramos started his Transportation service in 2002 with one used Chevy Suburban. As with any tourist area getting there early will allow you to beat the worst of the crowds and will make for a much more pleasant experience. Sunswept palm trees How is the internet / wifi stability in airbnbs or hotels? Whether you visit Sayulita or Puerto Vallarta, you can expect parties every day, sometimes even until sunrise. However, if youre staying there and want to harness your animal-loving ways, reach out to SPCA Puerto Vallarta to see how you can help. Yoga retreats and teacher training are also on offer in Sayulita. Some bring their dogs with them, some foster through SayulitAnimals, and others simply love-on the street dogs there. Now that weve got the basics covered, lets explore the differences between Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita. Years? And now the digital nomads. I have not used this myself, but I know people that have used it. Aerial Silks in Sayulita / Puerto Vallarta? : r/Aerials Ive caught it just outside the HSBC bank in Versalles. As you may have guessed, when comparing Puerto Vallarta or Sayulita in terms of restaurants after you do all your shopping, Puerto Vallarta offers far more options. You have two options for this and I know both drivers well and can personally vouch for them. In Yelapa you will find all-inclusive hotels, cabins and rental houses as well as a variety of places to eat with different menus, fresh fish and seafood of the day. Flexible cancellation policy. If you travel like us with too much luggage, odds are your luggage wont fit in the average taxis trunk. Take an airport taxi (and pay anything from $2000 pesos or $100 USD and up) you book the taxi from inside the airport and the prices are fixed. I first visited Sayulita in early 2017 and most recently, a few months ago. Just bring plenty of water and sunscreen. So, when comparing Puerto Vallarta vs. Sayulita, if youre looking to be around a greater number of laid-back hippies, Sayulita is your place. If you wish to pay via card or other method, please do so the day before your tour. Delfines 44, Centro, Categories Destinations, Mexico, North America, Travel Stories. Instead, you will need to exit the airport and wait for the driver there. Time for snorkeling and playing in the water, 2 hours Sunset to full day options available. If you cant fit it in on this trip, consider them on your next trip. Never booked with them so can't comment, but they do have universally good reviews. Puerto Vallarta - Wikipedia However, I highly recommend taking the scenic trip south on Highway 200 from Puerto Vallarta to Boca de Tomatlan. The boat has multiple water activities stuff like paddle boards and floaties to use. Sayulita. Fishing Charters. Do you still have questions about traveling to Sayulita or Puerto Vallarta? We took the Chica Loca Fun all-day cruise and it was very worth it!