The Ruger Precision Rifle is designed to be good to go out of the box, but perhaps the best thing about it is the fact that it can grow with you as you find out what you like as a shooter, and what you need to succeed. Ruger can get a mouth full of flesh for forgetting about lefties. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY WARNING: Some products may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm. The only things that are going to beat this gun definitively are going to cost twice to three times as much, and will probably need to be custom ordered. I shoot multiple caliber Savage including 6.5 & 300 WM. First got Savage after shooting wife's RPR. It is available in 15 and 18 lengths. AllRuger Precision & Ruger American Bolt Handles are NOW compatible with the Short Action and Magnum Action Catalyst Arms, LLC, has developed and Anarchy Outdoors is proud to introduce the Fast Track, true precision rifle handguard for AR-15s and the Ruger Precision Rifle. As the rifle grew in favorability, the manufacture released two additional calibers, the 6MM Creedmoor and the 5.56 . Velocity with the 140 ELD ran around 2677 fps with a 18.9 fps standard deviation. Ive lugged this gun through the woods on backcountry hunts this past fall (although at almost 15lbs with optic and bipod, it was more of a workout than I wanted) and Ive beaten it up at PRS club matches, and let friends abuse it at the range as well, and the stock still locks into position as solidly as it did the day I took it out of the box. Matthew Collins is a writer, editor, competitive shooter, hobby-level gunsmith and general firearms enthusiast. Going to put the Magpul M-Lok bipod on it and some S&B glass. This rifle has become very sought after from what I can see. 4-5 shot effected by barrel heat with pattern opening up. off the weight of the factory 4140 chrome/moly steel barrel, despite both being 24" long; once installed, this made a tangible difference in the overall heft and balance of the RPR. The 1190SA has been confirmed to fit on KRG R700 Bravo/X-Ray and 10-22 These rails cantilever past the forend to give an overall "ATTENTION" That is a nice group at 100 yards. The barrel is inline with the buttstock tube and the bolt travels back inside the stock. Match box rounds, and i use the term match loooooosely. RUGER PRECISION .308 GEN 2 RIFLE - 20 $ 1,599.00 Description Reviews (0) Features: Medium-contour ( .75 at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included). Main issue is cant keep it black all I wants to do is turn gray no matter how much oil is applied it continually turns gray this is either a hard-coded anodization problem or Im going to need to paint it Im not real happy with it. Ruger Precision Gen 3 Bolt-Action Rifle | Bass Pro Shops Clearly, a design defect that Ruger needs to address as the cost of a Gen 2 handguard is moderate. Its got a decidedly military-esque, AR-15-style aesthetic that its hard to find fault with, and you can get a number of factory Cerakote options, including a Marine Corps red, and an American Flag paint job for maximum freedom points. Also new for the second generation Ruger Precision Rifle is the Hybrid Muzzle Brake. But hey, this isnt a hunting rifle, not really. Ruger Precision Rifle Gen2 Handguard Adjustments Tech Tip RugerFirearms 107K subscribers Subscribe 2.1K views 1 year ago In this video you will learn about tall the adjustment available. guns & Seekins Precision is now offering the SP3R Ruger Rail System. The barrel is held on with a proprietary barrel nut from Ruger, but you can easily upgrade the barrel and handguard if youre so inclined. Thats in large part due to the RPR and the rifles it inspired like the Bergara B-14, Mossberg MVP-LC, and the Tikka T3 Tactical making it easier than ever to just pick up a rifle at the local gun store, no custom modifications needed and go out and compete for under $2,000. You cant have everything at this price point. Unless you are building a 6.5 with all PSA parts, you will pay a lot more then $1300. Who makes the Gen 2 HG for Ruger? I am considering purchase on one of these after handling a G2 this week I appreciate the efforts. On the RPR for example, you can swap the handguard, pistol grip, and buttstock out for any of the myriad of AR-15/AR-10 compatible examples out there. I swapped the fluted 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for non-fluted as I shoot suppressed and use a 10" suppressor. The company made its humble start in 1963in Gussago, Italywhen Giuseppe Pietta made a commitment to produce guns as authentic and true-to-original as possible. It took a little extra love to get them to seat, but they did seat. The chassis of a rifle is the foundation that the action, trigger, optic, barrel and everything else is supported by. How about .75 MOA accuracy with factory ammo? John Archibalds comment is incorrect, the Midwest Industries handguard is for the RPR Rimfire style only, it will NOT fit the RPR Magnum style rifle. Ruger quickly abandoned this fore-end in favor of an M-Lok-compatible model with no Pic rail, and by substituting in the Catalyst Arms Fast Track (. Ruger branded handguard provides improved clearance for larger long range scopes - Wider KeyMod flat at the 6:00 position provides a stable foundation for mounting bipods - Manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum and finished with a Type III Mil-Spec hard coat anodizing for light weight and durability - Installs quickly and easily with basic hand tools - Kit includes handguard and mounting hardware - Designed to fit the Ruger Precision Rifle only - will not fit AR rifles - Dimensions: 15.0" L x 1.800" W x 2.023" H - Weight: 12.7 ounces - Made in the USA. New Ruger Precision Rimfire, crooked handguard It is a highly configurable, in-line recoil path bolt-action rifle with outstanding accuracy and long-range capability. I a right handed but since, for some reason or another, I have a right eye torn optic nerve and have to shoot with the left eye. The pull was fairly consistent with only a few pulls breaking the 2lb mark. GREY GHOST PRECISION. Gun Review: Ruger Precision Rifle in .308 WIN - Home - The Truth About Guns We first had a chance to handle and shoot the Ruger Precision Rifle at the 2016 SHOT Show. Im still perplexed about the perfect load. Initially I tried running an M16A1 stock. The RPR also comes with a threaded barrel and a threaded bolt handle so you can swap in whatever muzzle device you want, along with a fancy bolt handle if the stock one isnt to your taste, or youre like me and just enjoy personalizing your firearms. 313.10 * Rifle Stocks 0 (0) This can often be caused by Third Party plug-ins. Your favorite brake or can will likely thread right on. This frees up the support hand to focus solely on the task of loading a fresh magazine, greatly speeding up the reloading process. However, shooters generally look at plastic parts on a rifle as cheap. Other than that though, either the rifle will be comfortable, or you can quickly adjust/swap parts to make it comfortable for yourself. I am a Ruger fanatic; Multiple M77s, RPRF .17 HMR, 556 MPR SR40 all outstanding shooters. This results in all manner of creative means to adjust the stock to the shooter. Some useful accessories are also covered. Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Their credibility is perfectly intact. You also have a full-length rail on top, including a 20-MOA rail above the receiver, which is perfect for most of the shooting youll be doing with this rifle. Ruger Precision Rifle (3rd Gen) 6.5 Creedmoor - 24 Inch Threaded Barrel RUGER PRECISION .308 GEN 2 RIFLE - 20 - strap weapon shop Every review says this gun should be shooting better than this. Model 18001 was Gen 1 and 18004 Gen 2 neither produced any longer. The original handguard had a full-length top side picatinny rail. The handguard still offers Keymod interfaces on the sides and bottom of the tube. It then took a whack on the mag while pressing the mag catch to get it to drop. I want a timney trigger in it, my tikkas were a tad better, but the ruger adjusted down, im having a hard time justifying $200+ to make a very small difference. LCH5 Gen2 handguard $ 277.00 - $ 411.00. The Samson RTR Series is a direct replacement for the Gen. 2 Ruger Precision Rifle (RPR) Handguard. As superb as the RPR is straight from the box, it can still benefit from some upgrades. The tradeoff is the new gen RPRs are typically in the $1300 range, whereas you can buy a gen 2 right now for just under $1000. But then theres the other 10% of the time, where a product comes out, usually quietly, and it really is revolutionary. 6 of the Best Carbon Fiber Handguards 2023 (Updated) | Coda Evolution The added advantage of the sixty degree bolt lift is that it keeps the bolt handle away from large, low mounted scopes. It is not common to encounter a PRS stage that requires more than 20 rounds. Ruger Unveils Enhanced Precision Rifle, NRA Gun of the Week: Ruger Precision Rifle, NRA Gun of the Week: Ruger Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum, Rifleman Review: Smith & Wesson M&P12 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Review: Ruger 10/22 Compact | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Ruger Donates GunBroker.com Auction Proceeds to Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Competitors Corner: February 2023 | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, New For 2023: Harrington & Richardson Retro AR-15s, The Model Of 1903 Springfield: A Collector's Perspective, The Keefe Report: True Velocity's Leap | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Keefe Report: On The Range With An American Hero | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Trust But Verify: Function-Checking Your Guns | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Remington Returns: The Revival Of An Ammunition Giant | An Official Journal Of The NRA, WATCH: 2022 National Sporting Clays Championship | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, WATCH: Colt Python Revolver History | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, I Have This Old Gun: Maynard Carbine | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Winchester Model 12 Riot Gun | An Official Journal Of The NRA, I Have This Old Gun: Remington Model 51 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Armed Citizen protected by Smith & Wesson, The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023 | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen March 3, 2023, BEAR Arms: Making The Switch From Gun Owner to Armed Citizen | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | The Armed Citizen February 17, 2023, X-Vision Optics Launches Thermal Impact Scope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Veronica Kosich Receives NRA-Sponsored Diana Award at SCI Convention, Henry Supports Fallen Firefighters Foundation | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Hunters' Leadership Forum | Freedom Hunters: Giving Back to Americas Veterans through Hunting and the Great Outdoors, Hardware: SIG Sauer P320-XTEN | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Rifleman Review: Taurus G3X | An Official Journal Of The NRA, Video Review: Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP in 10mm Auto | NRA Family, Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 4.5 OSP In 10 mm Auto, Video Review: KelTec P15 Semi-Auto Pistol | NRA Family, Video Review: Savage Stance Pistol | NRA Family, Preview: Leupold 2-10X 30 mm Mark 5HD Riflescope | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | New for 2022: 20-Gauge Beretta A400 Xtreme Plus, Preview: Springfield Armory 1911 DS Double-Stack 9 mm Pistol Lineup | An NRA Shooting Sports Journal, Find More Great NRA Publications Perfect For Every Interest, Discover Everything That The NRA Has To Offer. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). Got to admit though, I will be adding the Ruger Precision to my collection before Colorado goes completely nuts on gun ownership since the Communist Democrats have taken the state over. Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges. Bottom line for me: I couldn't have gotten into this paper chase to get as many bullets as close together as possible without the Ruger Precision Rifle. This covers the majority of .308 sized magazines in use in the US. Slip on the handguard with the complete picatinney rail and put the screws back in. If the factory pull weight is not to your liking, Ruger includes an allen key (hidden in the bolt shroud) to adjust the pull. I next replaced the oversize factory bolt knob with an aftermarket unit from CTK Precision, the Ruger Precision Rifle Bolt Knob (3., ctkprecision.com, $46). But i digress When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Samson does make upper picatinney rail sections for the Gen 2 RPR in 2", 4", 6" or 8" sections. I tried to correspond with Ruger about the issue - that is when mounting a bipod on a Gen 1 handguard the bipod comes loose whenever you put forward pressure on the bipod - but Ruger basically didnt even care to talk to me - but they will sell me this replacement that addresses Rugers design defect. In the spirit of the everymans precision rifle, I put a cheapo Caldwell bipod on the gun, topped it with a very affordable Vortex Diamondback 6-2450 scope, and went to the range with a few different factory ammo options. Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation (same as the Ruger Precision Rifle). Freefloat M-LOK aluminum handguard with hard black anodized finish and M-LOK slots on all four sides. Competition rifles greatly benefit from a good muzzle brake. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. factory ammo the best, and with those loads I was hitting T-box targets at 400 yards with no issues whatsoever. You are using an old version of a web browser that is no longer supported. Im not sure spending the extra money for a heavier Ruger is beneficial. Thats what. This rifle is a beast, right out of the box!! Since then, Ive put maybe 500 rounds down the barrel, and Ive never once had any reason to doubt the gun. I did not detect any creep after the blade had been depressed into the trigger bow. It functioned fine, but it really detracted from the overall feel of the rifle. They built a competent precision chassis rifle from the ground up and left out all the unnecessary bells, buzzers, and whistles that other companies might have been tempted to throw in to command a higher price point. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. Fit and finish are great. Extremely easy installation, all hardware and barrel nut is included. The outward appearance of the rifle was enough to grab our attention. DavidI am having the same issue.just bought the gun but cant get any ammo. While there are many reasons this may happen, some common causes are: You do not have access to www.sportsmansguide.com. This is a very small gripe because in use, the safety will likely remain in the fire position for most of its life. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. The part consists of a 6061 hard-coat-anodized aluminum knob head at the end of a high-strength steel extension that is threaded 5/16x24 TPI. Theres the RPR of course, the 10/22 Takedown, the Pistol Caliber Carbine, and the SR1911 might be one of the best budget 1911s around. Changing your barrel only requires hand tools and a headspace gauge. Mainly, the thoughtfulness and effort that went into the design. We'll only use the information provided according to our privacy policy. The "U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, Model of 1903," better-known as the M1903 Springfield, has become one of the most popular U.S. military small arms to collect. As far as I can remember on my V2, the top holes aren't threaded to screw in a piece of rail. An ambidextrous, U-shaped accessory that mounts directly onto the release lever via a single screw, the Ruger Precision Rifle Mag Release Extension (. I could be wrong as I just got mine a couple weeks ago. For more info, visit P65Warnings.ca.gov, 32 Optical Ave, Keene, NH 03431 1.888.665.4370 Email Us. The majority of our testing was with the Pmag LR20 and the AICS magazines. 3 shot group at 1/4 inch. Looking forward to playing with it. 15" aluminum free-float handguard is black hard-coat anodized aluminum and features Magpul M-LOK slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories. They would know if it is possible and if they have the rail. The Gen 3 is even better. It was hard enough finding the actual rifle! The overall design of the Ruger Precision Rifle is much like a chassis equipped rifle or a tube gun. He has a background in the entertainment industry and currently works as one of our awesome writers in the field. Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 2 - 6.5 Creedmoor, 24" [18048] It wont be a SUV Only issue. This handguard adaptor is neat because it mounts directly to the factory rail, allowing the shooter to position a tripod anywhere along the forend of their Ruger rifle. Ruger also appears to have realized that we precision rifle shooters do a lot of traveling with our rifles. Ive read some posts about the RPR being short and i had bolt face marks on the match (quotes)cases. The RPR is more like a penny rattling in a soup can. Thanks to its carbon-fiber construction, the Helix 6 replacement barrel weighed only 2 lbs., 12 ozs., shaving 19 ozs. Features QD sling-attachment points, a bottom Picatinny rail (for monopods) and soft rubber buttpad Grip: AR-style pistol grip Add to cart for sale price $109.99 $144.49 . Catalyst Arms Ruger PC Carbine Hardpoint M-LOK Rail Extension Kit $89.95 (Save 11%) $79.95. Do This Before Shooting Your Ruger Precision Rifle! RPR Setup - YouTube This is great for night vision or if your scope mount needs to bridge the gap, but for most shooters it is unneeded. I, personally, dont have super strong feelings one way or the other, but for what its worth, the M-Lok attachment method is ever-so-slightly stronger, and it seems to be a little more popular in general now, which makes finding attachments easier. When the bolt is locked closed, it is tight. RUGER PRECISION .308 GEN 2 RIFLE - 20 Features: Medium-contour ( .75 at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included). I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME COMMENTS ON THE SAVAGE RIFLE, IN THEIR CHASSIS MODEL, THE SAVAGE 10 BA, PLEASE. If you want to shoot 1200, for example, it goes subsonic before then which can cause erratic results. The Ruger Precision Rifle is an affordable, highly accurate rifle, which makes it a great starter gun for new precision shooters. The link takes you to PSA magpul mags that are normally $12.99, but now are $12.30 on sale with coupon code PMAG. Ruger branded handguard provides improved clearance for larger long range scopes - Wider KeyMod flat at the 6:00 position provides a stable foundation for mounting bipods - Manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum and finished with a Type III Mil-Spec hard coat anodizing for light weight and durability - Installs quickly and easily with basic hand Bought mine a few months ago in 6.5CM (Gen. 3). Later comes a much nicer scope but honestly I have no complaints about that Diamondback scope. Type your email address and well send The MSRP of the 6.5 Creedmoor RPR is $1599. For how long will the Gen 3 be made? Its an adjustable affair with a safety blade very similar to the Savage Accutrigger, meaning you can tune it down to a very light pull weight and not have to worry about it being set off by inertia if you happen to bump or drop it. I dont know who exactly has been behind the upsurge in quality new products from Ruger over the past several years, but theyve been putting out some really affordable, well-designed products of late. The site owner may have set restrictions that prevent you from accessing the site. Replacing the factory Ruger assembly with the PRS GEN3 did add 6 ozs. The links are no good anymore. Ruger replaced the plastic shroud with an billet aluminum version. The Gen 3 Precision Rifle comes with a new, free-float M-LOK handguard that provides greater clearance with large diameter objective lens scopes, while the factory-installed muzzle brake features a hybrid port design that reduces recoil by up to 40-60%, and reduces muzzle blast . If theres one thing the firearms industry has plenty ofits revolutionary products. I reached out to Forster Products for both a Go and No-Go gauge (7., forsterproducts.com, $36 each) for the rifles 6.5 mm Creedmoor cartridge. At the time of this writing, barrels, hand guards and at least one replacement trigger are all available to tune the RPR to your individual taste. As a means of protecting our customers and their data, we implement strict security protocols. The RPR comes chambered in .223, .308, 6mm Creedmoor, and 6.5mm Creedmoor, with the slightly more expensive Magnum version available in .300 Win Mag and .338 Lapua Mag (which I desperately want, but well save that one for later). The RPR will accept AICS, SR-25 and some M14 magazines. I called it a successful day @ 200 yds. Id like to see more factory colors, but hey. The Hide Armory. Our rest rifle only required 1lbs, 14oz. Doesnt that suck when you call someone out on their credibility only to find out they are very credible. Also, my arca bipod transitions from this to my MPA chassis with zero adjustment, which is really good to see. Whatever the cause, I couldnt be more thrilled with the end result. First, I need to say Im a complete newb when it comes to shooting rifles. Yet, upon opening my own safe recently it dawned on me for the first time that my personal first-generation 6.5 mm Creedmoor RPR (yes, the test sample I evaluated back in 2015 impressed me enough that I felt compelled to purchase it) remained in its stock factory configuration. Ruger Precision Rifle .308 Winchester | 18004 | Blue/Black, 20" Barrel but you really got to buy good ammo, not that $20 a box Crap. The heavy-duty aluminum vise allowed the barrel to be secured in place while the barrel nut was torqued around it. New for the Gen 2: Precision Rifle short-action handguard omits the top rail for more scope clearance; Precision Rifle muzzle brake; Redesigned billet aluminum bolt shroud; Barrel: Highly accurate 20" Ruger cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and . My RPR trigger came set at 2.5lbs almost exactly, and while you can adjust it from 2-5lbs, I never felt a need to fiddle with it, although if you are so inclined, its a fairly easy affair, and the Allen wrench you need is hidden in the bolt shroud. Our extension clamps directly to Picatinny rail with no modifications providing three additional mounting locations for lights, lasers, forward grips, and sling mounts. This video and review has reinforced that I made the right choice to launch my precision shooting venture. Helix 6 Precision is a maker of carbon-fiber barrels, and, in addition to blanks in a number of bore diameters, it also offers pre-fit barrels for the RPR in 6 mm Creedmoor, 6.5 mm Creedmoor and .308 Win. I could send this gun back as I bought it from a company that gives a full replacement warranty but even though the bolt looks like it was gnawed on by crazy Beaver, handguard is off center, trigger safety is sticky & gritty, barrel crown looks like it was made with a pocket knife, pic rail won't allow any of my 1" scopes to zero out at 50 yards This rifle was hitting that size target out of the box, within one ten round magazine. The Aero Precision AR-15 Enhanced Gen 2 Handguards were designed specifically for the Aero Precision M4E1 Enhanced upper receivers with its integrated handguard mounting surface. Catalyst Arms Fast Track Arca Rail Precision Handguard - OpticsPlanet This did not prevent me from running the bolt quickly, but it is one of the differences between an entry level rifle and a premium rifle. As we mentioned earlier, premium match barrels are already available for the RPR at reasonable prices. We'll send you the latest guides and training tips geared The handguard is the RTR-15 for $145. My rifle liked. Our crafted match grade, single point cut rifled barrels elevate your RPR to a performance envelope that emulates rifles costing 5x as much! An ambidextrous, U-shaped accessory that mounts directly onto the release lever via a single screw, the Ruger Precision Rifle Mag Release Extension (4., $37), also by CTK Precision, allows the lever to be tripped by the trigger finger while maintaining a firing grip. Its the area around the eyes and nose that you put the third shot of your failure to stop drill into. All of the original attributes from the RPR are the exact same and will carry over. Finally, out of curiosity I grabbed one of our Armalite AR-10B magazines. To be able to take a solid precision rifle that I already love, and toby my own handpolish her up into something even more high-functioning and fun to shoot, has not only been the source of profound satisfaction, but it has also really served to further underscore for me the genius of Rugers design. 15 free-float M-LOK handguard is made of hard black anodized aluminum and features M-LOK slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK compatible rails and accessories. I am going to replace mine Ruger hand guard with it. All that sounds really good of course, but how does the gun shoot? Twice, 40.2 & 40.3 gr I have put barreled actions in chassis systems in under ten minutes before, and barrel swaps take about as long. This Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt-Action Rifle is equipped with a collapsible Ruger Precision MSR stock and a 24-inch threaded barrel. Handguard Ruger Precision Rifle Short-Action; Twist 1:10" RH; Grooves 5; Weight 9.8 lb. If the factory Handguard with no rail is still on the rifle I would imagine 1.26 would be fine . The larger version of our popular Penguin Grip, the "Emperor Grip" is custom manufactured for the big shooters out there. Given the fact that the RPR has only been out for about four years now, and chassis rifles, in general, havent been popular in the mainstream for very long, theres probably a fair few of you out there wondering, Furthermore, with about 90% of chassis setups, you get a level of modularity that you otherwise wouldnt with a more traditional stock. All of this makes a chassis rifle like the RPR a much more customizable choice than most factory rifles, especially when compared to rifles with a more traditional stock, even aftermarket ones. Not only is the three-chamber Keymount an effective muzzle brake in its own right, but its presence allows for one-handed installation of my canand, in my opinion, the quickest way to upgrade any firearm is to suppress it.