25. Alani - Samoan girl's name that means orange fruit. 31. A difference pronunciation could mean a neck curse. Please see our disclosure policy for more details. As a name, Taliilagi is really about faith and allowing God to show us the way forward. Bakeries even use different names for the three cookies, even though they are essentially the same cookie. Samoan Names | One Samoana 75 Pretty Pacific Islander Baby Names For Boys And Girls - MomJunction Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for GIRLS NAMES Stains On Silence (2018) 8-track CD album digipak NEW/SEALED at the best online prices at eBay! Hemi m Maori Maori form of James. First, its meaning. 18. Konane: This is a powerful Polynesian name that translates to Glow like moonlight. Alanah: This name means Precious, it is also interpreted to mean Awakening. 27. To the sellers explain how the name change will help improve sales and tie people to the organization. 8. Keola: In Samoan, Keola means Life, it can also be translated to mean Health., 17. Alani Samoan girls name that means orange fruit. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Isileli: A boys name that means strength. Hi, I am Claudia, I run TheQueenMommas content creation team, personally focusing on topics which add joy to peoples life. Hello! The Samoan meaning of Noa is Just. 4. 33. 12. Olioli: in the Samoan language, Olioli means Joy.. Oh, and in case anyone reading this is not sure about pronunciation, its pretty straight forward (listen out for it in the song). my name is manaia!!! There's a Major Samoa Cookie Shortage, Girl Scouts Warn Luana, derived from the first three letters, lua, meaning number 2 I am the second daughter. Manage Settings Hemi: This is the Samoan form for James. Derived from the Samoan lupe meaning a kind of pigeon, and lele meaning "flit, fly". Amataga. . Solosolo is a unique Samoan girl name that carries with it the meaning of dry.. . This name generator will give you 10 random Samoan names and surnames. They are rich in culture, tradition, and beauty and would make a great name choice for your little princess. 15. And your little one is no exception to it. In this post, weve gathered 25+ if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[468,60],'rockydad_com-box-4','ezslot_13',166,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-rockydad_com-box-4-0');Samoan baby names (for both boys and girls), 28 Polynesian girls names, 30 Polynesian boys names, and Tahitian baby names, so you dont have to dig around. Read Also: 200+ Unique American Baby Boys Names. lol. Samoa Dog Names In Pop Culture Featured Famous Samoa Dog Fritz Fritz Lee is the name of a Samoan rugby union football player. Talialealofa [ta'lialea'lfa] 12. One of my cousins middle name is Moana, meaning ocean. Yes, we're talking about the Girl Scout cookie favorite, billed as "crisp cookies, coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut, and striped with dark chocolaty coating.". 29. Nui: This is a boys name; when translated from the Tahitian language, it means Big. Largest collection of samoa girl names, samoa girl names and meanings, samoa baby girl names. Teuila: This is a beautiful Samoan name for a famous flower called red ginger in the English language. I found this name in our comments (below) thank you for sharing it! I have 2 daughters and both their names are listed here- Eleitino for short we call her Elei and my youngest who was born with a congenital heart defect carries the name Tausaafia her father wanted a name that talked about having a good kind heart etc. This popular Tahitian name translates to the Flower of Pandanus. Each of these Samoan names carried so much cultural weight, so much deep sentiment. lol. Eveline). Atamai. I love the name!! 1. Kailea: A traditional Polynesian name that means Joyful Sea., 8. It is derived from the Ancient Greek language. Luni: In the Samoan language, Luni means June. It is a common name for babies born in June. Of course these Samoan names have nice meanings, too, so dont worry. 7. La'u Ma'amusa 17. Learn how your comment data is processed. Made in Samoa and grown around the Pacific, Im just a. Erihapeti This name is the Maori form of Elizabeth. Sefina - Meaning of Sefina, What does Sefina mean? - Baby Names Pedia Anahera. Ala is a Samoan girl name that is very short and very, very sweet sounding. Oke: Another lovely traditional Polynesian name that means Deer lover. Samoan girl names are very enthralling and with an undeniably enchanting quality to them. They consider it weird. However, with over 250 native languages and 500 different nations across the continent, there are certainly lots of unique Australian girl names for you to choose from. . The chief hero of Polynesian lore. 20. Search 31 million family names . A lot of our names come from chiefly titles, or our higher Samoan language, so theyll often have more than one meaning a simple, everyday meaning, and then a deeper, more poetic meaning, usually based on their family history. 22. The first one means the heaven is locked. Actually, when I was expecting my 3rd daughter my husbands uncle who is Samoan said that Leilani is a Samoan name as well.Sorry for the loss of your son. Enele: There is no known meaning for this name. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. 4. Alohilani: This name means bright sky. Are you looking for a cute unique name to gift your little one? Fetuilelagi A rare and complex Samoan girls name that means star of the sky. Kailani was the 282nd most common girl's name in 2012 and the 11900th most popular boy's name in the same year. 2. Amataga means beginning in Samoan. Im not trying to name your daughter the Samoan translation of door or government. The name is quite complex because it does have four syllables to it. La'u Tane 19. Do not skip lovely Haitian girl names even if they are unique, unusual, and different. Tausa'afia [tausaa'fi:a] 9. This is the Samoan version of Mark which translates to Male. This name is said to be a small part of a longer Samoan name, namely Lanueseese. Lanuola is composed of two words from the Samoan language: Lanu, which means color, and Ola, which means life. Read more about us>>>, All rights reserved 2023 The Queen Momma, 31 Attractive Samoan Girl Names and Their Meanings, Join our Mom Life Community on Facebook!, 64 Powerful Names That Mean Protector (Girl And Boy ). So, if you are being too choosy while selecting the name, you need to understand that it is absolutely fine. Mariner Just like the term, the surname means a "sailor or a ship man". I personally have never known anyone with that name, so Im not sure what its origins are. Samoa vs. Caramel DeLites. It is a great Polynesian name. 3. Kalani: This beautiful name is interpreted to mean The Heavens, Sky, or Royal One. Origin: Greek, Hebrew. Thats why we have put together some of the best Samoan girl names for you to browse and see if one stirs your spirit. La'u Tausala 8. This Samoan baby girls name is said to come from faatali, meaning to wait. in Samoan. 25 Samoan Girl Names. 2. Lanuola This name is believed to be a small part of a longer Samoan name, Lanueseese. Its our word for moon, and it reminds me of one of my most favourite songs: Moe i le po masina (asleep on a moonlit night). Masina holds the meaning of moon., 25. 17. Teuila is said to be pronounced tay Wee Lah, which is considered among the most beautiful Samoan names for girls. Liko: In the Polynesian language, this name means Bud. 26. Best Unisex Samoan names There are also many good unisex Samoan baby names, for instance: Tips to Choose the Right Name for Your Baby Write down Samoan name meanings you like the most or just the ones that sound very good to you. This name is also quite popular amongst Samoans for girls and boys although it does sound more girly to the non-Samoan ear. SO, I thought I would take on the Samoan baby name challenge myself, except I would pay more attention to how these Samoan words sound in the ear of English speakers. 25 Samoan Girl Names These female Samoan names offer some great possibilities for your baby girl. This beautiful Tahitian name means calm water. A popular tropical plant in Polynesia. Previously, it was known as Western Samoa. The literal meaning of tali i lagi is to wait on Heaven. Fetuilelagi: Fetuilelagi is a great Samoan girl name if youre looking for something unique and intricately complex. se-fi-na, sef-ina] The baby girl name Sefina is pronounced S EH-Fiy-Naa- . 2. 21. Rua: If you like a nature-inspired baby name, meaning lake. Elei A name that reflects Samoan tradition and culture. It is an uncommon name that is great for parents who are looking for unique names for their baby girl. The name Laei is daintily elegant, and at the same time, conveys an innate stylishness to it. 38. Polynesian Names for Girls 1. Another Samoan girl name that is lovely both in sound and in what it means is the name Arihi. The name offers an interesting twist on the more traditional name Pearl. 16. Teokotai: I love the sound of this name; it means The Main One.. Since roses come in various colors, shapes, and types, this is also a great name to symbolize the uniqueness of your baby girl. The name Solosolo is alluring because it seems to be a fascinating merging of complexity and simplicity. Okay, one more name that is related to Taliaand this one is my absolute favourite. therefore Not Evelyn.. lol The only used of this word that I know was in expressive slang used to emphasize a spectacular scenery or event, but E is separated from Line. Natia: The name Natia is said to come from a longer Samoan last name. Phoebe holds the meaning of the shining and radiant one. 27. What I can tell you about this phrase is our highest ranking chiefs (alii) usually dont say much in village/family counsel meetings. This name of Tahiti means in Reo Tahiti: little king Hiro, the name of the Polynesian God. Kanoa: In the Polynesian language, this name means The Free One. Mahina: This beautiful Polynesian name means Moon or Moon-Light. What are common Samoan boy names? When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. Samorau nicknames and names - nickfinder.com Tamah Quite a popular name and is a Hebrew name that means honest and innocent. Its meaning is just a bonus. The names were either too hard to pronounce, they said, or just not pretty enough to their westernized ears. Tali'ilagi [talii'lai] 13. That name is absolutely beautiful! They also call the traditional art of fabric decoration involving block printing designs and pattern carving on wooden blocks, which are then inked and pressed onto the fabric. The meaning of this Samoan girls name, Emere, may not be particularly appealing at first glance, as it means rival. So only . Samoan Name & Suggestions Vaea: This is a powerful name I am 100 percent sure you will love. Samoan Baby Girl Names Hawaiki This name is derived from the Proto-Polynesian Sawaiki and means rai tea. This monicker is said to be a biblical name in Samoa, and this Christian name is said to have the meaning of good Samaritan. Some say that Samaria also has the meaning of sacred., When taking a look at Samoan girl names, one that is definitely at the top of the list is the name Samoa itself. 19. 28. It offers a less common alternative to Lolita. Polynesian girl names that are less popular but fit common trends are plentiful as well. The following are good samoan names for female: Fa'atasi Saluni Kitiona Paea Iosefa Sapani Hemana Tele Tamati Alofipo Pele Maulalo Reupena Seiuli Lulu Tanielu Tolani Tautu Pita Savali Setu Tauaalo Kaisara Leniu Samoan Name Generator These are the catchy samoan names suggested by the name generator: Seepa Anae Samasoni Foai Mauga Malaitai Or if the family is going through a serious hardship, they might say, lets do the best we can and wait on Heaven to provide. To the ultimate buyers explain how donations help the Girl Scouts they are supporting. So I always have old Samoan songs playing on my hour-long drive to work, and this morning I heard a line in one song and for some reason, I immediately thought of your question. The name Natia is said to come from a longer Samoan last name. As you go through Samoan girl names for your little daughter, one that rolls sweetly off the tongue is the name Sefina. 19. Ismene - Wikipedia This famous Polynesian name means a nobleman, How To Clean Maclaren Stroller (The Complete Guide). 11. This article was first posted 13 Feb 2013 on our previous website: One Samoana. 15+ Samoan Baby Names for Girls 1. Puaiti: This Tahitian girls name means little flower. Lanu'ese'ese [lanuese'ese] 14. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Lilinoe Name of the goddess of the mist and also means fine fog. The best thing you can gift them is the name which they will carry forward and people who recognize them by the name you gave. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Lanuola is made up of two Samoan words lanu which means color and ola which means life. GIRLS NAMES Stains On Silence (2018) 8-track CD album digipak NEW Samoan Girl Names Dragonfly Venust Form Sign Cheers Starter Eternal Play Dune Fine Feeds Sparrow Crusader Jump Hay Cool Samoan Names The influential Samoan names are very cool and classy. too bad he isnt receiving any blessings.. lol, my name is manaia. Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue Nice name for boy or girl, literally meaning darling crown in the Tahitian language, Mixed Tahitian name composed of two parts: Hau: peaceful / peace and Mana: power/spirit, this name evokes: peaceful spirit, spirit of peace, or power of peace, This is a nice Polynesian name for girl or boy, meaning: big crown., Tahitian name for boy or girl, which means: great peace., This Tahitian name can be translated as: extend peace., Symbol of a union, this beautiful name means: our love in the Tahitian language, mixed beautiful Tahitian name means long wait.. Mahina Mahina is a lunar deity and also the mother of Hema. Used in: Hawaiian speaking countries. Teuila - Samoan for "flower of the Samoan ginger plant." Ula - Irish for "sea jewel." Tropical Island Baby Boy Names Starting with A to H Check out these cool tropical names for your little beachy boy. Samoan Last Names, Pick Surnames Haych Lanuola [lanu'la] 3. Iosefa: This name is the Samoan version of Joseph. Every girl is a princess of their father. Starts with: S. Pronunciation: (SEH fee nah) Form of: Iosefina. 4. Most Common American Samoan Surnames & Meanings - Forebears I love it. Teuila The pretty name meaning 'beautiful, red ginger flower,' is ideal for girls. Amiri: Amiri is a simple and straightforward name, which translates to rock. So Im going to conclude that this name is just referring, affectionately, to a high chief, particularly one who is in a counsel meeting. Kaipo: This famous Polynesian name means Sweetheart.. I found the name Eline when I was looking through my family history, shes named after my deceased aunty that I have never met, but I fell in love with the name. Talia: The name Talia is undeniably bewitching and irresistible. . Continuing the Christian theme, this name was made even more popular by this gorgeous track by Vaniah Toloa. Atamai is a name from Samoa that means clever. Hawaiian Cat Names 51 BEST & TOP & CUTE Ideas, How To Get Your Baby To Sleep Without Being Held (9 Proven Tips), How To Increase Nipple Size (2 Proven Methods), Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy (70+ Quotes For First-Time Moms).