Im beyond excited to say that I have committed to further my education and football career at the University of Wisconsin! Acord also played wide receiver during high school and was a First Team All-Region performer. He is a tenacious, tough, hard-nosed tackle who sat out the first five games of his junior season after transferring from Tucson Salpointe Catholic. (15) Southern University 2023 Prospects (15) More. COMMITTED!! He made his way back to Cedar City after two years at Eastern Arizona College, and, most recently, three seasons at the University of Arizona. The defensive back stands 6'1" and weighs in at 185 pounds. 240. 2022 Southern University Jaguars Football Commits. Vining, 6-foot-3, 260 pounds, has been a fixture on Liberty's line the past two seasons, helping the Lions reach the Open Division semifinals in 2020 and '21, where they took Chandler into overtime both times. He rated the No. He was named First Team All-District on both offense and special teams during high school. Commits: . Quentin Bivens Video | Scouts Report. During high school, he was recognized as an All-Public First Team All-Star in both 2019 and 2020. The official FOOTBALL Coach List for the Southern University . He has 19 tackles, two pass deflections and seven quarterback hurries helping Basha start the season at 5-0. Russell Maryland famously only had one offer coming out of HS and ended up as the No. 184, CB / Running back Frank Gore Jr. broke the FBS bowl rushing record with 329 yards. "Really excited for him," Chaparral coach Brent Barnes said. The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. Commitment From School Commitment Count; William Chrisman High School High School Independence, MO: 3 Lift for Life Academy High School St. Louis, MO: 2 College of the Sequoias CCCAA Visalia, CA: 2 Everyone wants to win. They are also building something very special up there and I cant wait to be a Lumberjack. In the classroom, he was an AP Scholar and Commended Scholar for the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program. Strong academics.". After USC fired Clay Helton in September, the program announced the hiring of former Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley just a day after the next-to-last regular season week in college football. Luke Rogers Brandon (Brandon, MS) 6-4 / 295. Big get for the Ponies over The U for the former Boston College commit. Tapusoa is a 6'2", 300-pound defensive lineman originally from Rose Park, Utah and West High School. "I love the coaching staff, the area, and the education.". Phoenix Sandra Day O'Connor tight end/defensive end Ryan Davis announced he will be playing college football at Kansas State. R.J. Maryland signed with SMU over Miami. He announced it on social media Thursday. 2/2/2022 4:35:00 PM. "He's a high-academic kid, leader, and captain of our team with great work ethic.". (KLKN) - Sept. 10, 2022: A day that will live in infamy for many Husker fans. "I'm very excited for Cole to continue his academic and athletic career at Northwestern," Saguaro coach Jason Mohns said. "They were very engaging and glad to have me. 6-3 / Matthew Nixon West Jones (Laurel, MS) 6-2 / 175. 230, APB / Burns plays running back and measures 5'11" while weighing 205 pounds. Find what players have committed to your favorite school. Signed. 6-1 / Lawson plays receiver, running back, defensive back and is one of the best kick returners in the state. 4,542 career rushing yards coming to Eugene. Joshua 1:9 Romans 11:36 #OnWisconsin". Simmons, 6-3, 235 pounds, announced his commitment on social media. 220, CB / "Since I first went onto campus they showed a lot of love and have made me feel wanted since the start.". It didn't matter if he was double-teamed, Kasper's athleticism put separation on defenders to allow him to make big catches in clutch moments. Very versatile receiver who can play out wide or in tight, Klopfenstein keyed the Huskies 5A state championship season in 2021. NA. 59 defensive end by 247Sports No. The Thunderbird football program got longer, stronger and faster today.". "Griffin is the person you want defending and representing your country," he said. https://t.co/AYEmsngAn5. Rigby also earned First Team All-Region and First Team All-Area honors in high school. Were going to mention commitments and official signees. 0.8300. PAC Hawaii Football High School Hilo, HI: 1 Skyridge High School High School Lehi, UT: 1 St. John Bosco High School High School Bellflower, CA: 1 West High School High School Salt Lake City, UT: 1 Grossmont College CCCAA El Cajon, CA ), Hometown/School: Hogansville, Ga. (Callaway), 247Sports Composite: Three stars; position ranking: 76, Hometown/School: Brandon, Miss. Staff Directory Members By Category/Department; Image Name Title Phone Email Address; Eric Dooley: Head Coach 2 tight end in Arizona behind Pinnacle's Duce Robinson by The Arizona Republic, He israted the fifth-best prospect in Arizona by The Republic in the Big 150 2023, picture was on display in a Notre Dame football promotion in the Valley in the spring of 2021. ranked No. Originally from Easton, Maryland, Strand prepped at Easton High School. Find out which 3 #USC players go to the Bears in an NBC Sports Chicago mock draft. They can come up any moment and visit me whenever so it just felt right.". 5-9 / Welcome, @CadenStory pic.twitter.com/w9NeK5anbd. "Finding guys with talent and size isn't the secret to success. 6-2.5 / 206, DUAL / It's always awesome to watch individuals accomplish their goals. Player of the Year Finalist HS Stats: 159 carries 1,274 yds, 21 TDS., 85 receptions 1,035 YDS. Tempe Marcos de Niza senior athlete Mason Stromstad, 6-foot-2, 200 pounds,who can make an impact on offense and defense, announced he has committed to Southern Utah University. 3 transfer class with Wednesday's cornerback additions: https://t.co/WN3AyDSeax, Chris Trevio (@ChrisNTrevino) January 20, 2022. Southern Announces Full 2022 Signing Class, HBCU Gameday x Protect Your Skull Player of the Year. #FightOn pic.twitter.com/uHqpRiYH4S, USC Football (@USC_FB) January 18, 2022, @CJWilliams_03 pic.twitter.com/VQJRhYgLW2, @TDBynum is officially a Trojan#FightOn pic.twitter.com/bzlcgDjwUA, We like the sound of that!#FightOn pic.twitter.com/ynhqLIn0Ck, USC Football (@USC_FB) December 26, 2021, Mekhi Blackmon is the second Buff to transfer to USC this week https://t.co/FE8Y2BBcSU, ColoradoBuffaloesWire (@BuffaloesWire) January 20, 2022, #Oregon RB transfer Travis Dye is officially a Trojan: https://t.co/SVXGsEoIHA, Shotgun Spratling (@ShotgunSpr) January 21, 2022, Sign up for the Trojans Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. 180, WR / 6-2 / #145 OG: Fort Valley, GA Peach County High School: 6'3'' Jackson State Signed. "But it was Coach Dan Lanning. Kirkland had six sacks during his junior season. The defensive lineman measures 6'5" and weighs 215 pounds. ), 247Sports Composite: Two stars; national junior college ranking: No. Momma Im Staying Home Los Angeles lets turn it up a lil #FightOn #GoTrojans pic.twitter.com/OaLQwxB2dO, RALEEK BROWN (@raleek2) December 2, 2021, RALEEK BROWN (@raleek2) December 15, 2021, Happy Birthday DadI am committing to The University of Southern California. (Metairie Park Country Day), 247Sports Composite: Two stars; position ranking: 126, Hometown/School: Hattiesburg, Miss. Learn how your comment data is processed. The Golden Eagles finished the 2022 season at 7-6 after a 38-34 win over Rice in the LendingTree Bowl on Saturday. Please check your email for a confirmation. "Northwestern is getting an elite cover corner, who excels in both man and zone coverages. The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy. Lesa was named Second Team All-State two times, and First Team All-Region three times after being a four-year starter for the Bulldogs. "I like how they would utilize me up there, as well, and the plan they have is to change my body and help me play at a higher level.". Ilike the coaches, the environment and the people and players around. 6-5 / We also reranked the recruiting classes from the 2019 cycle. "I feel it's a great fit with the culture of that program. Last year, he . Im thankful for the opportunity.". ", Verbally committed! Kaden Martin McDonogh School (Owings Mills, MD) 6-0 / 210. 272, WR / UNM was his only Division I football offer. "The coaches and atmosphere was the right for me. 180, WR / LeDuc, 5-10, 165, has been a key player the last two seaons for the Huskies' Open Division playoff teams. Hailing from West Jordan, Utah and West Jordan High School, Leausa earned All-Region recognition as a sophomore, junior and senior. Aguilar, 6-foot-1, 220 pounds, has 32 tackles, two interceptions, two caused fumbles and one fumble recovery during 4-4 senior season. In a post to Twitter on Thursday, Georgia Southern showed the new display. SAN ANTONIO On the 10th and final public commitment of the All-American Bowl, the only surprise of the day went public. Georgia Southern bolsters receivers, QBs with coach Clay Helton's first recruiting class. Southern University. He felt strongly about it and wants to focus on his senior year.". STATESBORO Clay Helton was so charged up about a player he called "Mr. Electric" and the other 19 . "Everyone loved where they were and its really a family. https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/lists/usc-trojans-2022-early-signing-period-tracker/, Raleek Brown, 5-star RB, Santa Ana, California -- SIGNED, Fabian Ross, 4-star DB, Las Vegas, Nevada -- SIGNED, Garrison Madden, 3-star LB, Hampton, Georgia -- SIGNED, Devan Thompkins, 3-star EDGE, Stockton, California -- SIGNED, Atticus Bertrams, 2-star P, Australia -- SIGNED, Earl Barquet, 3-star defensive tackle, TCU transfer -- SIGNED, Zion Branch, 4-star safety, Las Vegas, Nevada - SIGNED, Domani Jackson, 5-star defensive back, Santa Ana, CA -- SIGNED, Austin Jones, four-star running back, Stanford transfer -- SIGNED, Latrell McCutchin, four-star cornerback, Oklahoma transfer -- VERBAL, Tyrone Taleni, three-star defensive lineman, Kansas State transfer -- SIGNED, Mario Williams, four-star wide receiver, Oklahoma transfer -- SIGNED, Brenden Rice, four-star wide receiver, Colorado transfer -- SIGNED, C.J. 147 athlete nationallyMarcus Cunningham| LB | Portland, OR | Oregon/Butler CC | 63 | 235High School: Former 3-star LB Ranked the No. He ran for 305 yards and five TDs. STATESBORO - The Georgia Southern football program announced Wednesday a football recruiting class composed of 20 student-athletes who signed national letters of intent or grants in aid in the December signing period as part of new head coach Clay Helton 's inaugural recruiting class. Geweniger chose the Pac-12 school over Arizona, Washington, San Diego State and Colorado. Hamilton coach Mike Zdebski is proud of Stalfort's decision. McDonald said Wisconsin may move Durand inside, but believes he can play all five positions across the offensive line. (Copiah-Lincoln C.C. @NDFootball pic.twitter.com/6EJhg3y3wB. Standard Helmet Campaign SU Jagathon / Jaguars Stand United S-Club Jaguar Athletics Internship Football Alumni Letter Fall 2022 Football Schedule Clear Bag Policy Football Gameday Central Visitors Guide Gameday . Chandler Hamilton free safety Genesis Smith on Saturday night announced on social media that he will be playing college football at the University of Arizona. The official 2022 Football Roster for the Texas Southern University Tigers Dampier, 6-foot, 185 pounds, said that will be finishing his high school academic requirements in December and will be in Albuquerque in the spring, competing for the starting job. His father Kevin Kasper was a standout wide receiver at the University of Iowa, who played in the NFL. Stormstad, who plays linebacker on defense, has 20 solo tackles, and six tackles for losses, helping the Padres to a 5-0 start in 4A. Southern University 2022 Prospects. He had transferred from El Mirage Dysart after his sophomore year and was used sparingly as a junior before breaking out this past season for the Lions. The four-star, rated the No. Peoria Liberty senior wide receiver said Saturday morning that he has committed to BYU as a preferred walkon. Iglesias was a three-year starter for Orange. "When they showed interest and offered me they really were on me and wanted me bad. Sanders arrives in Cedar City by way of Wasatch High School in Heber City, Utah. 2005-2023 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Glendale Mountain Ridge outside linebacker/defensive end Christian Aguilar announced on social media Thursday that he has committed to play football at Division I Drake University. He said Drake began recruiting him during the Pinnacle springfootball showcase in May. Davis had 6.5 sacks and 26 tackles last season as a junior. (St Pauls), 247Sports Composite: Two stars; position ranking: 191, Hometown/School: Laurel, Miss. Chandler Hamilton center/long snapper Griffin Stalfort has committed to the Air Force Academy. He had 24 tackles for losses and knocked down five passes at the line of scrimmage. The Golden Eagles finished the 2022 season at 7-6 after a 38-34 win over Rice in the . College football's February national signing day is here. #BREAKING: 5 defensive lineman Shemar Stewart commits to @AggieFootball over the Miami Hurricanes!Stewart makes Texas A&M happy on National Signing Day and adds to a historic class for Jimbo Fisher! Lake Havasu running back Isaac Stopke gave Drake a commitment to play football. 37 defensive end by Rivals No. Basha coach Chris McDonald said that Central Michigan is getting a "beast" of a player. He has returned six punts for 118 yards, a 19.7-yard average. Robison makes his way to Southern Utah by way of Western Kentucky University. What Heisman winners were like as recruits. Southern Announces Full 2022 Signing Class - HBCU Gameday 2022 Football Southern Announces Full 2022 Signing Class Southern Jaguars Head Football Coach Eric Dooley announced his inaugural signing class at the Annual Football Recruiting Bash. its amazing. NAU was the only offer for Damante, 6-foot-2, 180 pounds, who is a dual threat. . Southern Miss football is through the first day of the early signing period as they start to finalize their 2023 signing class. A 6-foot-6, 220-pound dual-sport athlete with tons of upside: https://t.co/tzsN4kM4YM @BrandonHuffman @ThePeristyle, Chris Trevio (@ChrisNTrevino) December 15, 2021, I am extremely honoured and excited to announce that I have accepted a full scholarship to study and play football at the University of Southern California from 2022. "Coach Fitz (Pat Fitzgerald) is an amazing coach, mentor, and man. We ranked the top recruiting classes by Power 5 conference: ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and the SEC. "He had his choice of some elite schools, but ultimately the elite academics and the opportunity to play for Coach Fitzgerald was too good to pass up. But moments after he declared for Oregon, it was reported that Kasper was reclassifying to start his college career this fall with the Ducks. Scottsdale Chaparral defensive end Gavin Geweniger, 6-foot-5, 255 pounds, announced on social mediathat he will play college football for the Stanford Cardinal. #FightOn pic.twitter.com/ryKVAJenLb, USC Football (@USC_FB) January 15, 2022, @BrendenRice is officially a TROJAN! USC recently offered Lane, who was enthralled right away. Southern Miss Committed 01/10/2022. 1 recruiting class for 2022, and Fisher still had time to call everyone out about NIL and the transfer portal. The 6'0", 170-pound recruit was named Second Team All-Trinity League for his work on the field, and Scholar Athlete of the Year in the classroom with a 4.29 GPA. "He played a big part," Martin said. He stands 6'1" and weighs in at 195 pounds. 1 overall pick to the Cowboys. Lennox Lawson, one of the state's top all-around athletes on the football field, gave a commitment to Division I Central Michigan. Football "I loved the family atmosphere," Blum said. "They have a great business program and thats what Im looking to get my degree in," Aguilar said. . Remember this video? USC moved from No. 5-10 / With a 6'0", 185-pound frame, Sanders was a First Team All-Region performer for the Wasps at wide receiver. Oklahoma head coach Lincoln Riley just a day after the next-to-last regular season week in college football. Connelly's C-USA preview, part 2: Which returning teams could rule new-look league? He led the Knights to the state championship game where they defeated Utah powerhouse Corner Canyon, 49-42. Watson last season had 45 tackles, 34 solo tackles, two sacks and a fumble recovery, playing nine games. Which non-quarterback group will define each top-25 team's season? He had 11 college football offers but ASU is the only Power 5 school to offer him. He was offered by both ASU and Arizona. Words cant describe how excited I am. "He lives in the weight room and is constantly working on his craft as a linebacker.". "But Coach really said some great things and had lots of trust in me," he added. 5-11 / 184 Defensive end Omari Abor committed to Ohio State during the Under Armour All-America Game a month ago, and on Wednesday he signed his national letter of intent. @KLFY pic.twitter.com/7leDUx4Bd4. 31 athlete and No. 5-10 / Athletes targeting colleges on FieldLevel are 3X more likely to get recruited. "These 23 young men are the foundation on which we are going to build a great FCS football program. I also like that they are a new staff and rebuilding. Burns hails from Chester, Virginia and transfers to Southern Utah after spending time at William & Mary. By HBCU Gameday Newswire Posted on February 3, 2022 Courtesy of Southern University Athletics He joins cornerback Cole Martin (Oregon), offensive lineman James Durand (Wisconsin), linebacker Wyatt Milkovic (Boise State) and offensive lineman Ryan Blum (Central Michigan) as Bearsh who have committed. 6-2 / "Anytime any coach talked to me it felt like I was part of a family. The 2022 recruiting cycle continues, and the landscape has changed in a big way. Distance: 347.1 mi. 0.8300. Not to mention going out and bringing some Mountain West Championships back to Colorado Springs.". "They made me feel like family.". But NAU was far from being the only school that didn't pursue the 6-foot-2, 210-pounder, who is the only high school quarterback in Arizona history to surpass 12,000 passing yards in a career and throw a state-record 168 TD passes. I'm going to make a name for myself in Colorado.". Him being at Oregon made everything feel right. Cox played his high school football at Wicomico High School in Salisbury, Maryland as an offensive lineman. 1 recruiting class for 2022, and Fisher still had time to call everyone out about NIL and the transfer portal. 5-9 / 208, WDE / "Strong brotherhood culture throughout college and beyond. Romello Height Video | Scouts Report 4 overall by The Arizona Republic in the 2023 Big 150, is one of the most skillful and athletic, physical wide receivers in the country. 2/2/2022 10:38:00 PM Buchanan, 6-foot, 195 pounds, is a talented two-way player who is capable of excelling on either offense or defense for the Vandals. That was something important to me. 23 player in the state of Louisiana by Rivals named to the 2018 Offense-Defense 88 All-American Bowl signed with Houston over Kansas State, Mississippi State and NC State among others coached by head coach Brian Richardson also ran track was an honor roll student.JaSion Greathouse| Defensive End | Chicago, IL | Itasca CC | 63 | 240NJCAA Defensive Player of the Year NJCAA Division III All-America First Team selection Region 13 Defensive Player of the Year All-Region 13 First Team and All-MCAC First Team In 9 games played: 55.0 tackles, 34 solo tackles, 20.5 sacks (Lead Nation), 3 fumble recoveries, and 1 fumble return TDXavier Potts| DL | Manvel, TX | Manvel HS | 60 | 2732021 Defensive MVP Two Time 1st Team All District 97 Tackles, 67 Tackles for loss, 7 sacks, 5 fumble recoveries.Chris Bess| DL | Baton Rouge, LA | Southern Lab | 62 | 245Played defensive line for Southern Lab and helped them reach the LHSAA Division IV Championship Named District 6 1A 1stTeam Defensive LinemanJalan Campbell| LB | Winona, MS | Copiah Lincoln CC | 60 | 220Played linebacker for Copiah-Lincoln CC Competed in 20 games during his three seasons there earned 111 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss and one sack.Daeshawn Davis| LB | Cleveland, OH | Iowa State | 60 | 218Former 3-star recruit ranked as the No. Mountain Ridge coach Doug Madoski said that Doost worked hard to get to this point in his life on the football field. 230, APB / Who won and who missed out during the early signing period?