We're right on the doorstep of some of the best walks around Congleton. Nina & Team, We called in for coffee in middle of the afternoon last week, very quiet so not busy. Swettenham Lane, Swettenham CW12 2LF England +44 1477 571284 Website Open now : 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM COVID-19 update: See the added health and safety measures this property is taking. Chicken, bacon & leek, served with a velout sauce If you havent tried one, you dont know what youre missing! Did you know our Lovell Suite is also named after SirBernard Lovell? smile. Yes, The Swettenham Arms is taking precautions against COVID-19. We ordered hot drinks, no interaction orsmile. Layers of pasta mixed with spinach, red peppers, courgettes, aubergines & mushrooms. Anti-Pasto 6.50 Selection of cured meats, sun-blushed tomatoes, mozzarella & garlic ciabatta. THE SPACE INVADER, Goostrey - Updated 2023 Restaurant Reviews, Photos Not my cup of tea but very dog friendly. Well, I have to say that we had one of the most memorable meals we have ever had. Kind regardsMore, Had no food so cannot comment have a flat pint of blonde and the blonde that served was as flat as the beer place lookt dirty and old ask are you still doing food answer . minutes and would be another 5 minutes wait. 36 for 2 with 2 pints. We were then informed the Swettenham Arms was closing the next day for 3 months and they had no beer. Four slices of ciabatta smothered in garlic butter, topped with mozzarella & our homemade basil oil. The Swettenham Arms- Restaurant and Pub Absolutely gutted. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. The The Swettenham Arms is a traditional gathering point for locals and travelers alike. Left the pub,drove to nearby Holmes Chapel, where there were several pubs all serving foodMore, Hi Alanjohn2015, we appreciate your honest review. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Wont be back there for a very long time. With its proximity to the 13th century St Peter's Church, the pub's former life as nunnery has an intriguing history. Very good value.More, Northern_baggie, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Swettenham Arms! Staff welcoming. Luckily we had pre booked. Cristiano Ronaldo 'laid mines' for Erik ten Hag at Manchester United, claims manager's friend. Wellness . We have a range of award-winning wines, beers, and ales to be enjoyed after a hard day's exercise out on the water. We operate a strict policy of one bill per table. Good atmosphere, always busy - a touch pricy though, but worth it. We went to the Swettenham Arms for a late sunday lunch as a party of 10 on Sunday 4th Dec 2011. Can not wait to go back but will make sure we book first. View our main menu which includes a selection of children's dishes. We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Swettenham Arms. The decor of the place has not changed in decades but it has a very English country pub ambience, which we like. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. Enjoy quiet lunches, sociable evening meals and traditional Sunday roasts. We were then shown the menu which was a limited choice. There were onlytwo staff in the bar area to manage but despite being run off their feet the service from these two ladies was excellent and they are both to be congratulated.More, Technically not true - just that they would not sell us their beer. Eventually enough was enough and I went and enquired when our meals weregoing to arrive, apparently it had been stamped as done and would be another 20 minutes, after waiting an hour already I asked for my money back. Of course this wasnt eaten and left aside Your feedback helps us improve, so thank you for taking the time to let usMore, I wanted to make an impromptu trip over the weekend so I check its website. An olive oil based sauce with chilli, garlic & peppers Our speciality chicken dish with a mouth-watering topping, served with chips, rice, or half-and-half! Such a shame. Swettenham Lane, Swettenham CW12 2LF England +44 1477 571284 Website Open now : 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM See all (196) RATINGS Food Service Value Atmosphere Food and ambience Local cuisine, Bar, British, Pub, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options Nice choice on light bites menu with great prawn sandwich. Apple pie to finish was excellent. Hi there are a few places that are B & B in Congleton, that are not too far away from Swettenham Arms. We would like the opportunity to find out how we can better assist you inMore, Been here before but first on a Sunday. I am really sorry that your experience on this occasion was not a good on! 15 minutes off the M6. "The customer subsequently went to see the local vicar of St. Peters Church (opposite) who confirmed the ghost had been seen on previous occasions. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Pub and Restaurant - The Swettenham Arms We were then informed there were no Apple Crumbles but they may manage to scrape up some ice cream. my daughterand partner went in to order our food only to be told they would not serve us outside ! As we entered no greeting or smile in fact the woman who served us looked as it we were a nuisance. she explained we had phoned them and that it was her Birthday ! Liked how when I asked for a dressing, a vinaigrette was brought over. It also helps keep the steak tender if cooked for longer, perfect for those who prefer their steak cooked a bit longer. Prawn & crayfish salad, tossed in a mari rose sauce. The sunday roastsMore, We visited here for Sunday lunch. Pork loins topped with grilled apple & melted stilton cheese All main courses are served with your choice of Chips, Mash Potato or Jacket Potato. Served with grilled cherry vine tomatoes, beer-battered onion rings and your choice of either chips or jacket potato. If coming for food, make sure you book a couple of days ahead as it gets busy. ..To be honest after the attitude of the person on the phone even after explaining our situation , I was dubious, but after the attitude over all we will not be coming to this venue ever again .More, Hi Z1876hztraceys, we appreciate your honest review. Such a shame. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. Our Children's menu is available to preview in our sample main menu. Eventually enough was enough and I went and enquired when our meals weregoing to arrive, apparently it had been stamped as done and would be another 20 minutes, after waiting an hour already I asked for my money back. Featuring such delights as roast pork with apricot stuffing, you're sure to find something to please on our delicious new menu.. Classic spicy Szechuan sauce with onions, peppers and tomato Our speciality chicken dish with a mouth-watering topping, served with chips, rice, or half-and-half! After a gentle stroll through the neighboring Lovell Quinta Arboretum, enjoying the abundance of wildlife and nature, step into the warmth of the Swettenham Arms, with roaring fires and hearty food, to while away a couple more hours.. I don't know as I was a customer, perhaps ask the owners though. Get instant job matches for companies hiring now for Accountability jobs in Falcon Lodge like Operational, Restaurant Management, Chef and more. It was then we decided it was time to settle our bill and go. Very good value.More, Northern_baggie, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Swettenham Arms! All thats left to pay for are your drinks! Both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Get instant job matches for companies hiring now for Astute jobs in W Ardsley like Restaurant Management, Business Development, Pub and Bar Management and more. Jalepeno peppers, kidney beans & black eyed beans Should help clear any cold! The scientist and astronomer is best known for his telescope at Jodrell Bank but was also a passionate gardener, collecting trees and shrubs from far and wide, and lived next to the gardens until his death in 2012. THE SWETTENHAM ARMS - Updated 2022 Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor After the meal we asked to see the sweet menu, but after waiting 30 mins the menu came and we asked for 3 Apple Crumbles and one ice cream. Menu at The Swettenham Arms pub & bar, Swettenham, Swettenham Ln The Swettenham Arms, Swettenham: See 1,217 unbiased reviews of The Swettenham Arms, rated 3.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor. What a great disappointment. Two staff on the bar /service! Absolutely awful experience all round. It's maintained by the Tatton Garden Society and there's a suggested donation of 2.50 for adults, while kids can go in free. Served with grilled cherry vine tomatoes, beer-battered onion rings and your choice of either chips or jacket potato. We will never bother to go there again despite being told it was nice. Are you sure you want to delete this question? Served with homemade double-cooked chips & Ryles Slaw. Are you sure you want to delete this question? We asked the waitress if this was the bloomer bread as mentioned on the menu and the response was no that just looks like sliced bread to me. to spread out and order what you want at the, Swettenham Lane, Swettenham CW12 2LF England. The findings of which were published in the local press. 24 Accountability jobs in Falcon Lodge on Caterer. Good options for vegetarians and meat eaters. I have 3 teenage children, all chose different foods but all agreed it was definitely the best Christmas Lunch we had ever had when eating out. The Swettenham Arms - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number - Tripadvisor Brunch menu Start the day right with a delicious dish from our Brunch menu. We were then informed the Swettenham Arms was closing the next day for 3 months and they had no beer. We could not of been more wrong to say it looks like a sandwich that had been at the bottom of a childrens bag the whole day is the only way to describe it. Four others at the bar told us that it had been closed for 10minutes and would be another 5 minutes wait. Strange treatment of customers who presumably pay her salary. They only refunded the food, you would of thought they would of given us our drinks for free as an apology. Hotels near (MAN) Manchester Intl Airport, Hotels near (LPL) Liverpool John Lennon Airport. The Swettenham Arms, Swettenham Lane, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 2LF. The food was very well cooked and fantastic quality. Ye Food Menu - The Ryles Arms going to arrive, apparently it had been stamped as done and would be another 20 minutes, after waiting an hour already I asked for my money back. Fantastic evening and perfect venue for a special family party. Find out more >, Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and stay up to date with all news and events, We are delighted to have acquired one of Cheshires most iconic country inns, The Swettenham Arms. The Swettenham Arms: Good lunch menu - See 1,220 traveler reviews, 197 candid photos, and great deals for Swettenham, UK, at Tripadvisor. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. I think it will be a long time before we return. She declined. ..To be honest after the attitude of the person on the phone even after explaining our situation , I was dubious, but after the attitude over all we will not be coming to this venue ever again . We booked a couple of months ago for New Years Day lunch and then when we arrived found our table was not in the Restaurant but in a corner room with no heating. Creamy Tandoori sauce topped with a fresh coriander salsa Our speciality chicken dish with a mouth-watering topping, served with chips, rice, or half-and-half! We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. The 10 Best Restaurants Near The Swettenham Arms - Tripadvisor