It then proceeds to play Absolute Radio. She's always onjust ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. We also apologize for the inconvenience and just to let youknow that we are always working to improve the experience and we are working hard to resolve this issue. If your region is not listed as the local radio - the IP address may be blocked by a firewall, or you may be using a VPN to connect to the Internet. Unsubscribe at any time. makes no sense! Good luck with that. You can further reboot your internet one more time and then check the response from your router to figure out the exact issues. DIYSmartHomeHub.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program it is designed to provide an aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon.com products. Thanks for bringing this up and Ill be happy to help. I can't get it to play any ghr. Now Im stuck with the terrible UK stations, all playing the same stuff ( I can only handle so much brit pop and bad 90s pop dance music absolute radio 90s). Is the radio station that you set in TuneIn that did work is the same station you set in Sonos Radio? Asking my Google assistant devices to play any radio I like is near pointless. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. What I did was to create a routine so that when I speak a certain phrase the Echo plays the station. wed already lost the record functionality a few years ago in the UK. Registered in England. Then, start playing the radio station on your iPhone or iPad and then place that device near your HomePod-the radio station should start immediately playing on your homepod Not an legal expert but it appears from my reading of it that the issue is with the accessibility of copyrighted audio from outside the UK by anything that can retrieve and play that work on a users behalf. Stay informed with local, national and international sources like CNN, MSNBC, FOX News Radio, NPR and BBC. Thanks for getting back to us. Check your network connection. This has recently started happening on my Echo. Is it also okay if you try to check it with a different music service to isolate the problem? listening to the game the next morning on the way o work. Internet radio stations can be played through the hi-fi. Thanks Abigail , on returning from holiday yesterday I tried to get my favourite station , then others , all were not available in my country of Scotland yet some were British . This appears to be because of a court ruling which identifies TuneIn as a broadcaster & communicator rather than as TuneIn itself claims an indexer of available stations. Best regards,Jake. I am using a Google Nest Hub Max purchased in December 2019 from John Lewis. Recents. Radio stations with Tunein - Apple Community The SWLing Post now participates in two affiliate advertising programs with two large retailers that still sell shortwave radios, the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and the eBay Partnership, designed to provide a means for sites like ours to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to these retailers of radio products. Im now getting Hereford ad Worcester! If the issue continues, consider answering the following questions. Please support this website by adding us to your whitelist in your ad blocker. I now have to connect my laptop to listen to these stations which makes the ruling pointless! It really renders the TuneIn platform useless within the UK the BBC removed its stations from TuneIn some months ago (to try and push people to using their BBC Sounds app instead) and now overseas stations are blocked. Welcome to theApple Support Communities. Hi @ekeeman, thanks for your reply. IHeartRadio HAS RNZ National BUT Alexa keeps telling me she cant find it. Pretty dumb that the station is listed on iHeartRadio but Alexa cant access it. No PS5 for me. Done. Apologies again for the delayed reply. For my part if I ask my Google Nest Max Hub to play Greatest Hits Radio North Yorkshire it plays GH Radio North East. Your Music. At first blush, one might think this ruling only applies to TuneIn users, but it certainly sets the stage for further law suits since TuneIn isnt the only audio guide service accessible in the UK. Sorry for the late reply. Alexa won't pick it up with out me yelling at her for about 5 minutes. I feel like I simply have a house full of Bluetooth speakers and two expensive gadgets with screens that seem only capable of displaying the time correctly. Stream Classical | Free Internet Radio | TuneIn I once managed to get the right station by specifying to play from Planet Radio but then that stopped working too. TuneIn has removed access for UK listeners to the majority of radio stations based outside the country due to licensing reasons. This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes I was able to uninstall the app, and when I went to the app store to re-install it, it said that the . All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the. Press J to jump to the feed. Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and you are good to go. Play it anywhere or everywhere "Hey Siri, play Lucy Dacus in the kitchen." "Hey Siri, play this podcast in the bedroom." "Hey Siri, play Lucy Dacus in the office and kitchen." "Hey Siri, play this everywhere." Plenty of discussion elsewhere on the web about that, but in short its scandalous not to be able to listen to something that you pay a license fee for. TuneIn outage and reported problems map | Downdetector My Roon setup is 783 running on a QNAP Nas and trying to play to the play the station on the local desktop which is a Win10 Machine. beachboy999, Siri and Podcast Stations issue on iOS 11.4. Sweet! I have not specified which radio app the Google Max should use in the settings as I am not sure how to. I noticed this starring to happen earlier this year starting with Radio Paradise, then JB Radio 2 and now SomaFM. iHeartRadio Help. In our case instead of getting a local radio station we started getting a sports station from the other side of the country. The station requires a player that is not available on your product. I ask it to play Greatest Hits Radio or Greatest Hits Radio Surrey but I always get GHR Bucks,Becks and Herts. "Alexa, ask mytuner radio to play echoes of bluemars", You may need to turn on the skill first if you haven't already done so. Ill give that a try but it would be great if this bug could be finally fixed. The convenience of listening to a multitude of stations through my so-called Smart Speaker has now been taken away. Here is what I replied: I am having the same problem in my Google mini. Stream Classical Music radio stations online from any device. I've been able to eventually hit on the right Nest command to get the Mini's to respond, but the frustration level is high. At times one room will be on the appand the others have disappeared. If you like classical music, give KING FM in Seattle a listen: https://www.king.org/. But please note that we will never create a post and product link explicitly to receive a commission. All Live. All of the stations mentioned work fine here in Ireland so you know what to set your VPNs to but not sure if People can set VPN in their internet radios ? Incorrect Radio Station Plays (Alexa) | Sonos Community Hugo Duncan. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know how I will be able to direct a google mini to find the station again once this has changed? Below are some ways to talk with your Google Assistant on a speaker or display when you choose and listen to terrestrial and internet or satellite radio. Thank you for your patience, I look forward to your response. You also have the option of using a different profile to engage these TuneIn features. )., Enter the radio station in the search box by call sign (WHOG) and station number or frequency (95.7) and tap, Select the station from the results and tap to. you don't need to stream from your device. 11-26-2021 Submit a diagnostic report of your systemto further check it on our end and reply to us with the confirmation number. It should work with sonos' own radio service. So where does the problem lie, Siri, IOS or Tunein? Could anyone try it please and see if it works for you? Is it in Sonos Radio as well? 50000+ FM Radio and AM Radio Stations My Radio allows you to access more than 50000+ FM radio, AM radio and Internet radio stations around the world. A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. But it worked when I use the two web browsers (https://www.epicbrowser.com and https://www.opera.com) to override the UK VPN. Chum FM 104.5, Why wont my Alexa play 105.7 FM And used to play it before Thank you! But the fact remains that a major feature of the product no longer just works. Strange as Alexa doesn't have this issue. Surely. If the unit does work with the new router, then you will be sure that the network configurations were to blame here. Please let me know if youare still having any trouble from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further. Jango is a simple internet radio app which offers curated music radio stations. There are now very few stations actually available via TuneIn. Many of you have suggested in the past that the SWLing Post join an affiliate links program. In any apps which support Chromecast, such as Radioplayer and TuneIn Radio, can be used to listen to online radio stations. I wanted to check in and see if you are still in need of any help with your device? Pay for VPN etc. Today on The Darker Side of Midnight: Find out why the guys picked the super hero question as the winner for Ask Frank Anything. TuneIn Radio: News, Music & FM - Apps on Google Play If youre stuck in this issue with the TuneIn features, just browse through the community forums. Just checking to see if you were able to see my response above. We can understand why youd want to figure this out. Could even affect YouTube as their content is provided from outside the UK and a good amount of it contains copyrighted audio! Id be glad to help and confirm if the station you set working when playing manually in the Sonos app? They used to have a web page dedicated to a the different possible phrases that might or might not work, and you could simply work your way through them to find the one that would work that day (for you - other listeners would get different results, of course). 8 Top Smart Home Companies in the United States. . Chime in both (bedroom & kitchen) alarms this morning, and this morning the correct radio station. On the TuneIn smartphone app you can still access overseas stations if you add the URL yourself, rather than using the directly. It is always possible that the errors are related to the network connection and not your Alexa unit. Will play news stations ok. Listen Now LIVE SPORTS. Sam Alex is a radio host, television personality, speaker, emcee and podcaster. However when I went to the TuneIn app and checked it out, the RNZ National stream DOES play RNZ National, and the RNZ Concert stream plays the concert stream. Ive had this consistentlysince switching to Sonos radio. I hadnt used the recording feature lately. No one seems to want to help. Then if I fell asleep, I could finish The defendant says that a finding for the claimants will break the internet, Justice Birss writes. How to Enjoy Thousands of Radio Stations on Amazon Alexa - Make Tech Easier Want to buy me a cup of coffee? Replied on August 14, 2015. My two favourite classical stations I listened to on a regular basis here in the UK were Radio Classique Quebec and WNED Classical out of Buffalo. Local Radio. It is a free service, but you can upgrade to a premium account to access more features. TuneIn stopped worrying after updating to the Sonos V2 app. In the end they got their own skill made (US only, sadly). What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far. I still remember SONY fighting against MP3. TuneIn in the US has removed the recording capability in the app.assuming it was also part of the lawsuit. Otherwise, excessive noise can interfere with voice commands. Thanks, I will take an in depth look at that tomorrow. This is a Channel #2 dedicated to all Music Radio Broadcasts on 102.DLG Radio Orlando & Tune-In Radio.Be Apart Of The Live Shows & Call-In Eve Blair brings you the best in chilled out music. I am trying to figure this out too. Your Public Radio - WSKG I wanted to follow up with you, and provide a helpful article that has some troubleshooting steps. Im sure Ill find them. I have a similar problem with Google Assistant on my Sonos speaker. I find therefore that the activity of TuneIn does amount to an act of communication of the relevant works; and also that that act of communication is to a public, in the sense of being to an indeterminate and fairly large number of persons, he writes.[]. This heat map shows where user-submitted problem reports are concentrated over the past 24 hours. This appears to be a recent development according to some of the threads I have been following, but I'm not sure it is. Could we have a situation where individual users may have to pay a licence fee to TheMusicLicence (PRS/PPL) even through headphones or at home in order to listen to radio outside the UK so Sony and Warner get their fees? You need to make sure that youre using the right voice command to engage the TuneIn features. 1. Any ideas? That will be enough to refresh the stations on TuneIn. However, if this feature is already off, try cycling it on and off one more time. (My guess is that the sports station changed something and it now uses a name that's similar to our local station and the last change wins when looking up a station.). Please try again in a few minutes. My Google nest audio and other Google devices have started playing different radio stations from what I request, if for example I ask it to "Play Absolute Radio" instead it plays Absolute 80s, Absolute 90s or Absolute Classic Rock. News. Thank you, too, for your support of these sites. chris_g1, call Have you tried a different station or service if that will work with your Alarm? So there is a Radio Station called Proton Radio in Tunein. Which Google Home devices are experiencing this issue? I set the station as a Sonos Favorite and created a routine to play it when I say "Local news". In the meantime I'd recommend listening either through RNZ.co.nz or through our app on iOS and Android devices ( https://www.rnz.co.nz/listen/app ). Have reported this to Apple but without any help. Can someone test Conyers Old Time Radio via TuneIn for me? TuneIn Pro lets you create a Siri Shortcut to play whatever station you last listened to That's superb, but it's also limited. This is also the same (wrong) stream that plays on the Dot. 11-26-2021 I imagine rnz broke something in their Alexa tunein feed. Instead, I created a Scene in the Home app which works fine. 4. A judgment handed down today by the High Court states that while TuneIn does not offer content itself, the provision of hyperlinks to content not officially licensed in the UK constitutes a communication to the public and is therefore infringement. We and the community are always here to help. I find Im using this app a lot more often than TuneIn. ask "Play Times Radio" a U.K. based station and always plays Times FM, a non English station. I do notice that after this command it mostly uses TuneIn but sometimes uses Planet Radio and sometimes Global Player. So, to fix this, you should reboot your router and then try using the smart skill. TuneIn is now effectively useless in the UK. On my sonos system i would prefer Sonos Radio better than Tunein. Here in New Zealand I have been using an Echo Show, Echo Spot and a Dot. Check These Tips Out, AirPlay 2: How it Works and Everything You Need to Know, How to Fix Verifying Microsoft Outlook Mac Stuck Error: 11 Best Methods, Instagram for iPhone and Mac: Similarities and Differences, How to Edit a PDF on Mac: 6 Best Methods You Should Know, How to Use Lock Screen Shortcut on iPhone in iOS 16.4, The 8 Coolest Widgets to Add to Your iPhone Control Center, How to Choose a Different Map in Apple Maps, Unplug the power cord from the back of the, W-H-O-G on TuneIn (or iHeartRadio, Radio.com, etc. The Tunein app with access to 100,000 stations is virtually redundant and useless in the U.K.. Hopefully something will come out of it . 2023 Hearst UK is the trading name of the National Magazine Company Ltd, 30 Panton Street, Leicester Square, London, SW1Y 4AJ. We hope you understand, and are grateful for your support. google home devices plays the wrong radio station This morning the alarm worked as programmed i.e. omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. 3. User reports indicate no current problems at TuneIn TuneIn is a global audio streaming service delivering live news, radio, sports, music, and podcasts to over 75 million monthly active users. The top country music hits debuting on Billboards Hot Country Singles chart. Prior to IOS 14, I had no problem. They have never cared about anyone but the stock holders. There is a good chance that the skill is down for your specific region because of server-related issues. Reply Helpful beachboy999 Level 1 (76 points) Its totally random. 2. However, if the issue remains, then you should try clearing all app data, and there is a high chance your issue will be resolved. I know this is not ideal. I am reasonably tech literate so will probably be able to pull together some kind of workaround but I am concerned that some less tech-savvy users may become disenchanted and lose out on the enrichment that was previously available. Saying Tunein after the Radio Station is not working. I was using the Tune In radio service and changed to Sonos Radio. They will take a look at your profile and then guide you accordingly on how to address these errors. /r/AmazonEcho is a community centered around the Amazon Echo, or as we like to call her - Alexa. In 2017 it emerged that Sony Music UK and Warner Music UK had sued the US-based company in the UK, claiming that since many of the TuneIn-indexed stations are unlicensed to play music in the region, linking to them amounts to infringement of the labels copyrights. Yep, I used to listen NonStopPlay Pure Dance, its not even listed on the Alexa app or the TuneIn app, but the station is still broadcasting. This topic has been closed for further comments. The madness continues. Sam Alex Podcast. If youve updated the proxy settings directly through the router portal, then your only fix is to reset the device. I tell it play my local news station News 1130 like I do with Alexa or Google Home, and it says "Playing CKWX" (the official name of the station), and then after a short pause "Cannot find that content". But can you play it using voice commands? I cant find rnz on iHeartRadio radio and they dont have a specific skill. Tenants' rights advocates see hope for Good Cause Eviction Law in court In any apps which support Chromecast, such as Radioplayer and TuneIn Radio, can be used to listen to online radio stations. TuneIn Explorer: How To Discover Local Radio Stations On A World Map And control what's playing with just your voice. Re: Best hub max TuneIn won't play abc news radio HEAR YOUR WORLD Your Radio. So, make sure to do your part. In other words, TuneIn presents itself as not unlike Google search but instead of indexing websites, it indexes and links to radio streams. TuneIn Radio: News, Music & FM. Jango. I wanted to try uninstalling it and re-installing the app but that wouldn't work either. So things are changing in Google recognition, usually wrong, but user can often hit on the right combination. I have this exact issue with BBC radio 6 via Sonos radio for my daily alarm. TuneIn is one of the most prominent and recognizable providers of radio content in the world. RE Echo Tap: Amazon support told me that some older generation devices will not play certain sites. iPhone & iPad. In the scene you can choose your HomePod(s), and then Play Audio and browse to the radio station you want. Electro Lounge Radio: "Alexa, play WJCT Electro Lounge Radio" To play on Alexa with TuneIn say: "Alexa, play WJCT The Independent on TuneIn", "Alexa, play WJCT Classical 24 . Hi @fintrepid, thanks for reaching out here with us and sharing your feedback. I have discovered that MFR2 (another radio station) use the term "all the greatest hits" in its tagline and this seems to be what is being picked up. They are still all there but they dont work when you click on them. Apple HomePod not playing radio stations? How to fix Gotta love the internet, so easy to block stuff. Just let us know if you need anything. NEWS FROM ALL SIDES Plus, enjoy local stations like KQED-FM or WNYC-FM. I can also cast the audio to my Google Home nest It can take a few hours for the servers to become fully functional again. On a pre-set alarm, Sonos chime would play instead of a radio station. Get The Bolt Cutters | 03-03-2023. I presume it plays all the US stations but darent touch it to try out others in case it doesnt work again. Since this morning, Alexa, play RNZ National on TuneIn results in the Echo Spot showing the correct background for RNZ National, but the stream is actually RNZ Concert programme instead. I listen to "RNZ National", a New Zealand radio station, using the TuneIn app. To start, please make sure your iOS is fully up-to-date:Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, Also, be sure to restart your iPhone:Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Jim takes you through your afternoon with more of the Best country around. This is the future, well need hundreds of apps for this and apps for that, a subscription for this subscription for that. Caroline. Try rebooting your devices and Wi-Fi router by unplugging them from the wall outlet for about 2 minutes as it might do the trick. Internet radio: Everything you need to know to stream a - TechHive TuneIn Radio APK (Android App) - Free Download - APKCombo.com tunein radio plays wrong station - reactoresmexico.com Thanks! Stopped working overnight. There is no harm in trying out a different router to further isolate the issue. I have an Echo Dot in the room too for backup, set to use the Sonos speaker as the default media player, so if I get impatient with Google Assistant I just tell Alexa to play News 1130, and it works more reliably and much faster than Google Assistant running on the Sonos speaker. I wonder will service providers pop up like the satellite companies that downline TV for IPTV providers, selling packages of online radio by theme, region, language etc. Today on The Darker Side of Midnight: Surprise guest, NYC Icon and Guardian Angels founder, Curtis Sliwa stops by and has a few words to say about Frank. Google has been responding with more network related stations and playlists. Ive done the Apple Help steps, but is still not working. You send me an email whenever you have something new to sell. The labels argued that TuneIn needs a license, an assertion strongly disputed by TuneIn. Very strange problem especially since the Spot shows the correct RNZ National wallpaper on the screen while playing, not the RNZ Concert stream it is actually playing! Some updates can also mess with the Alexa skill. That's the state of automated voice assistants these days. On a pre-set alarm, Sonos chime would play instead of a radio station. The station is experiencing high volume and isn't currently responding. Listen to your favorite Classical Music free on TuneIn! If they succeed in the UK who knows what will follow Shame on them! However, youre not left with many choices at this stage. To do so, just swipe down from the home screen and click on the settings icon. If I stop the radio and then just press play again a bit later, it plays whatever radio station it was playing earlier, whilst saying its Radio 6. TuneIn plays wrong radio station | Sonos Community UPDATE: someone on another forum found a workaround. Enter your username or e-mail address. So, if youre sure that the app is not at fault here, just remove the power from your device and power it up one more time. Why didnt you send me an email to warn me that this predictable event was going to hit me? I've listened to this station on Alexa echo dot for a couple of years now and never had this problem. If I say play GH North East that is the station I get, but if I just say Greatest Hits radio I get Hereford and Worcester. I run a Pioneer streamer with TuneIn built-in, which was fantastic up to the point that the BBC removed their services. Oct 3, 2020 8:29 AM in response to brenden dv, Oct 5, 2020 8:23 AM in response to beachboy999. The size of these updates is pretty minimal, and you wont have to worry about much when dealing with connectivity-related errors. Download. If you're having trouble streaming iHeartRadio on your iPhone or iPad, try these steps: Power down your phone for 30 seconds, often this will correct most issues. Both have programming I wouldnt normally get to hear in the UK. Most of the time, these errors with the Alexa TuneIn are related to the network, and you should go through some basic troubleshooting methods to fix the network. TuneIn is a free audio app that brings together live sports, music, news, podcasts and over 100,000 live radio stations from around the world. So, if youre sure that there is nothing wrong at your end, the only thing you can do is wait for the server maintenance to end. so now Ill just run up an old laptop, hook it up to the hifi & use that for as long as it works. Thank you! Having the same problem, trying to play Radio Caroline. when I started to play absolute radio this morning on my google mini speaker before it started there was a long message from absolute radio saying that this way of streaming was stopping in the next few days and I would have to find an alternative way to listen to the radio station.