Thank you!!! The only problem was the high speed handling. Fast forward about 20 years later, and Uncle Tony and his wife Kathy moved to Murfreesboro, TN somewhere around 2009 and never looked back. It took a while to find a dealer willing to special order such a car, but eventually I did. Required fields are marked *. Saw several episodes of UTG before I figured out it was you LOL. ABOUT . Become a patron. Uncle Tony's Garage Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. Uncle Tony's Garage Tony DeFeo. We recently ran into the owner, and as it turns out, he was so traumatized by the experience that the car hasnt left the garage in over 30 years. . Big Block A-Body stuff. We had finished the story, had it titled Wall Street Wailer, and we needed a lead shot for it. Share this post. So he moved his business into his home garage, where he got into the parts business. I had one other D-100 with a slant six back in the day, and I am working on getting another now that I am embracing adulthood. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. brings back the memories. But I still dream of cruising around in one of these mechanical monsters, while listening to doo wop or rockabilly on an old retro tuner shaft radio. On green, the Cougar was immediately ahead by half a car length. That's the idea in a new YouTube video from Uncle Tony's Garage as presenter Tony DeFeo explores a rare 1964 Mercury Comet Cyclone. Language: English (United States) Currency: USD. He later went on to become a mechanic and an automotive journalist. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. By supporting creators you love on Patreon, you're becoming an active participant in their creative process. podcast_uncle-tonys-garage_episode-14-the-short-bus-stop_1000430351817_itemimage.png . The editor responded, "Tony DeFeo is wondering the same thing." Classic. The automatic 5.0 Mustangs had 205 hp,different cam and not as quick as the 5 speed cars.. Jim . I had gathered all of the rubber I could scrape off the quarter panels, and molded it into a ball about the size of a grapefruit. 40:33. Continue with Recommended Cookies. DeFeo, along with fellow gearhead "Kiwi," explores this . Cars Illustrated was my favorite magazine. arkiver2 Very informative and extremely interesting podcast. David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Thatll do it.) BTW, that's Tony DeFeo. After all back then the Mustang was to be replaced by the Probe,yeah the Probe was to be the new Mustang lol.. 13.90s is what my Magnum RT ran in 05,I was so happy I thought we would never see those numbers again from a rear drive car ! If you cant find a car, rebuild it, win a show, and then sell it in one hour or less youre a lame-o. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. Home / Author: Tony DeFeo. I've owned almost 30 stangs personally and sold probably 100 more being in the car business. I love mechanical watches. Organizations, trends, and practices, that all tend to suck. Because of their pure simplicity, vintage and classic cars usually lack anti-theft systems. 16,732 Reaction score 22,953 Location Marcellus, NY. I raced lots of 5.0 Mustangs in my 68 383 Super Bee ,my Bee was a mid to high 13 second ride.. Hard to hook ,but it ran good.I had 2 buddies with these Mustang 5.0s one LX coupe(trunk model) 4.10 gears,off road exhaust etc we would be side by side..I had 3.55s with a 8 3/4 ,727 auto..I blew my original 383 racing him lol !! version of the EFI 302 that had debuted the year before, and wasnt impressed. I have been waiting for decades to do a car "right" and look forward to it. I still have my 68 Super Bee,crashed it lightly in 1991 that probably saved it and allowed me to keep it to this day ! In 1987, I was a dirt-poor college student, living on ramen noodles. This is probably the most talked about drag test in the history of drag tests. Uncle Tony's Garage. A little back story on the publishing of this one. BTW, go to your local dragstrip and see the number of people racing modern muscle Mopar's. Tony DeFeo . It avoids redoing everything the OEM maker Chrysler Corp held so dear. Sign up | Log in. Via Uncle Tony's Garage on YouTube. A lot of readers thought the Sidepipe Tech was real! With the anniversary of 9-11 upon us, we thought we would throw this one out there. Very friendly kids that will share what they are doing and wrenching to go fast. Tony DeFeo. But I raced anything and everything with a giant chip on my shoulder. I was so happy to have the opportunity to do this. I got that car before I turned 18 and have at least owned one Mustang ever since. Our photographer just took advantage of the situation, and dropped low for a few frames. And its not for a lack of wanting to learn. share Share No_Favorite Favorite rss RSS. Search the history of over 797 billion So Tony and his pals were going faster than the Ford guys, with their own equipment. Lyrics, Song Meanings, Videos, Full Albums & Bios: Take It, Colder, Colder, To Whom It May Concern, Profiteers, Show Me, Me Vs. A-Trak & Lee Foss feat. COLLECTION . Joined Jun 11, 2015 Messages 3,746 . We yap about our favorite places, shop snobs, and hope for mechanical Millennials. Uncle Tony's Garage; Share Topic Similar Topics small block head differences - Uncle Tony's Garage. The result was pretty profound. I didnt give them a hard time. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. There is a lot of them!!! She knew nothing of our deal until a couple of hours after that picture was taken. There are no reviews yet. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. "No. This car is pretty much the reason for me hitting my local dealer and buying an 89 5.0 LX. The exact reason I orderd my 89 5.0 coupe. Most of the metric YouTube vids are young guns. I have taught community college classes and had 20 ish year olds who didnt know what a crescent wrench was. Got a racing ticket later that night. Due to their age, many classic cars have shot up in value, making them more appealing to steal unscrupulous fans, enthusiasts and collectors might be waiting in line to buy. Favorite Share. SS & DI, Cars Ill, Street & Strip Supercar & early MM & FF were the best car mags ever. And then the Mustang started GAINING. ClutterBug Podcast - Organize, Clean and Transform your Home. He was a photographer, and he would go to shows and shoot hundreds of pics of cars that, to him, looked cool. Keep it coming Uncle Tony. Tags 1960 a-body featured Mopar Plymouth Road Toad Tony DeFeo Uncle Tony's Garage valiant. BTW I still have the 87 LX I bought new. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So many great memories. All these years later I still have both cars, and my love for them is undiminished. Car had 120,000 on it and never worked on(mechanically). Grand theft auto (not the video game of the same premise) seemed to be a lucrative crime. The car, BTW was not procured via the usual Press Pool route. Probably old news, but Uncle Tony is Tony DeFeo of High Performance Mopar and Mopar Action. Mid 90s MM&FF, Cars Illustrated, 5.0 &SF, etc. In addition to our ongoing project builds, we also . remove-circle Share This Collection . Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. The SVO engineers said we know youre lying, because we cant even get our cars to go this fast. RELATED: These Cool Cars Were Impossible To Own Because They Always Got Stolen. It's the podcast your parents warned you about.in this episode we spend time with "Uncle Tony" Tony DeFeo from Uncle Tonys Garage and talk about everything from street racing in New Y. Works at Uncle Tony's Garage. Uncle Tony DeFeo calls in. ABOUT . The new gens might be into cars, but at a different level than the older gens. Many number one Beatport. Description: Writer, Racer, Mechanic. Wait til a car you bought new qualifies for Antique plates. Naturally, no one had a black, 5.0, 5-speed notchback with 3.08 gears in stock, but I would accept nothing else. They even had an ongoing joke: It takes a MOPAR guy to make a Ford go fast. Home Depot is very scared about the new generations, that they do not really know how to or want to fix things around the home. I was familiar with the so-called H.O. Lives in Sunrise, Florida. Our photographer just took advantage of the situation, and dropped low for a few frames. Sports & Recreation Podcasts. I . The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Of all the hundreds of stories weve done over the years, this was and probably still is our favorite. A very real dude and he and his wife Kathy are a lot of fun. The shot that we ended up with (see above) was not the one that we had intended. Classic cars offer some incentives for thieves. Any money I did happen to come by was spent on my daily driver, a 69 Cougar with a 351 4 barrel and 4-speed. EAD Cliff. Keep up the great work! I ran 13.98s -14.08 at 99 102 Sea Level here..I now have a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 I picked up 1 year ago and happier than anything ! Thread starter Hysteric; Start date Dec 17, 2022; . This show has s great! Be the first one to, Episode 14: The Short Bus Stops At Many Interesting Places, podcast_uncle-tonys-garage_episode-14-the-short-bus-stop_1000430351817, Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-14-the-short-bus-stops-at-many-interesting-places/id1434024815?i=1000430351817, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/uncle-tonys-garage/id1434024815, https://api.spreaker.com/download/episode/17110307/utg_podcast_14_mixdown.mp3, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). Uncle Tony and his crew are an awesome team. Tony DeFeo was thrown out of school at 16 for stealing a bus. He was one of the guys that started Mopar Action Magazine and one of the other Mopar mags (can't remember right the name right now). Episode 16: The Alternate Reality Of Automotive TV. Cheers for the years buddy. After claiming your Listen Notes podcast pages, you will be able to: Respond to listener comments on Listen Notes, Use speech-to-text techniques to transcribe your show and Of course, some classic cars (1970s and beyond) may have some kind protection against car theft, but for a determined car thief, getting the engine started to drive the vehicle off could be as easy as flipping a coin. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. I drove one of the new challengers and they have the beltline so darn high you cannot see out the side or rear windows. Most mods for the new gens are more bolt-on or a shop will do it, as Uncle Tony said. If the guy wants to live in the 70's he should stay there and not make negative remarks about something he very ignorant about. No idea what her reaction was..I took off and spent the rest of that day at the track. So, there is something to be said about Home Depots fears. I love your YouTube Channel, but I cant comment there, you make the computer a wayback machine with your wonderful channel. I followed this channel for several years, before realizing he lives right down the street in Murfreesboro. It was pointless trying to argue or reason with the little fuck, so I quickly whipped up that nearly full page sidebar and slipped it in with our list of corrections and additionsalong with my name. Unfortunately, I was still two years away from graduation, and any possibility of affording a new car. Ahhh..I still have my 25th Anniversary Mustang GT. Tony DeFeo. If Uncle Tony's Garage earns on the top end, advertising revenue could earn Uncle Tony's Garage more than $119.69 thousand a year. Smart watches have no soul. There's been threads on here about his channel already. Besides his Slant 6 racer, Slant 6 Miata and the other car builds Tony has going on, the guys still find a way to sneak in their . Really glad I kept every issue I ever got. I was fortunate enough to be able to document the grand opening of Uncle Tonys Garage Global Headquarters, by photographing the event. Big John, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge. I HAD to have one. GTO award, Pork Bracioli & Uncle Tony's Garage. With our permanently revoked New York Driver's License, reputation for bringing .