I was shocked when I turned on the Blend on my car radio and couldnt fine the music that I liked. The change is horrible. Sorry, this post was removed by Reddit's spam filters. At work on Tuesday they play the Blend. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. The Calm Channel is available to SiriusXM subscribers nationwide and to everyone including anyone who is not already a SiriusXM subscriber on the SiriusXM app and connected devices as part of SiriusXMs recently announced free streaming access period through May 31. For more about SiriusXM, please go to:www.siriusxm.com. For more information and to start listening, visit: SiriusXM.com/streamfree. My situation and complaint exactly. Now its all dated stuff and, whats worse, it all seems super mellow! Type a symbol or company name. Lance also advises stations, talent and brands on digital content strategies, programming integrations, and brand extensions. ***The Calm Channel is currently unavailable. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS CHANGE OF LOCATION FOR THE 50 & 60!!! Adam R Jacobson is a veteran radio industry journalist and advertising industry analyst with general, multicultural and Hispanic market expertise. Selected by Krishna Das, named the Chant Master of American Yoga by the New York Times, this music transports listeners to a deeper place where they can quiet the mind and open the heart. Website. Exiting the service this time around are traffic and weather reports for New York City (channel 133), Boston, Philadelphia and Washington DC (channel 134), Chicago, Dallas, and Detroit (channel 135), and Los Angeles (channel 136). Followed by class action lawsuit on behalf of drivers that were soothed to sleep on the interstate. SiriusXM obviously made this channel change for demographic reasons, to shuttle the older listeners away from the prime channels 5 and 6 and get their old music out of the way. But today I was thinking they are actually playing descent stuff. The Calm Channel is available on channel 68, as well as any time on demand on the SiriusXM app. I love my 60s, but changing it to channel 73 has put the nail in the coffin for me! What happened to all my channels? Now I cant stand listening to it. The shuffling of 50s and 60s music is making me think of not listening to music radio and just play the music I liked from the past. CineMagic, currently branded as Cinemagic, is an Internet-only channel on Sirius XM radio, accessible via computers and mobile devices. Well with this new lineup you really broke it. We literally just discovered that The Joint is now App-exclusive and not on the main car-accessible dial anymore. The Calm Channel is available on channel 68, as well as any time on demand on the SiriusXM app, as part of SiriusXM's Stream Free offer through May 31. SiriusXM's Spa channel (formerly on channel 68) will move over to SiriusXM's streaming and digital platforms through June. They found that compared with chair rest, participants had a lower perceived stress level, cortisol, heart rate, mean arterial pressure, and higher finger temperature while listening to music.. I live out in the boonies and drive a distance to work so I listen to the radio morning and afternoon. I may just stream the songs through my phone as this is too expensive of a proposition to not be able to hear what I like. Media contact:Amy Galleazzi212-901-6552Amy.galleazzi@siriusxm.com, View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-teams-up-with-calm-to-launch-the-calm-channel-301053954.html. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Im of Generation X, and so is my husband. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM and Pandora together reach more than 100 million people each month with their audio products. SiriusXM was mum as of Thursday evening (10/28). New Channel - The 10s Spot Ch. Please change it back or I will not renew. Mini meditations, called "Mindful Moments," will run four times a day at 8 am, Noon, 4 pm and8 pm ET. I agree. Well they did change back, unfortunately. It is good content, and imo much better than spa, by a lot. Now I am cancelling my subscription. For more information and to start listening, visit:SiriusXM.ca/streamfree. Bad move! What has not been announced is the change at Studio 54. It isnt anymore. Ohhh hey LL cool j if you see this can you tell your hosts especially SHANTE to shut up and play music.its ridiculous we dont pay to hear people talk.its out of control, bring back the music.long live f.M if it doesnt change cause its free. The Calm Channel is now available exclusively on SiriusXM radios (channel 68) and on the SiriusXM app throughout May and June.SiriusXM's Spa channel (formerly on channel 68) will move over to . Ive been a subscriber since 2002. SiriusXM's The Calm Channel is an exclusive pop-up music channel featuring soothing sounds of ambient music, nature melodies, quiet lullabies and simple meditations providing the perfect backdrop to take a deep breath and let go of life's daily stresses. The Calm Channelis now available exclusively on SiriusXM radios (channel 68) and on the SiriusXM app throughout May and June. Total screw up. Hate the rebranding! SiriusXM's The Calm Channel is an exclusive pop-up music channel featuring soothing sounds of ambient music, nature melodies, quiet lullabies and simple meditations providing the perfect backdrop to take a deep breath and let go of life's daily stresses. Calm Radio offers unique audio experiences - curated music, Sounds of Nature, relaxing ambience - so you can work, can focus, can relax, can sleep. If so, he is retired. Press J to jump to the feed. Scroll down to read about the best ways to listen to all of the music channels listed below, and start your relaxing sonic journey by clicking here: Related: Feel the love (and lust) with the best sex and dating podcasts. Lots of unhappy Boomers here. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM and Pandora together reach more than 100 million people each month with their audio products. siriusxm.us/WHM2023 See more I agree. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. Imagine yourself relaxing poolside at a chic hotel with downtempo rhythms and melodic deep house beats from artists like Kygo, Moby, Robin Schulz, Chris Malinchak and Disclosure. About CalmCalmis the #1 app for mental fitness, designed to help you manage stress, sleep better and live a happier, healthier life. For satellite radio customers Spa retains its channel 68 slot but it is online only. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-teams-up-with-calm-to-launch-the-calm-channel-301053954.html, Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA Residents Only). You can listen on your connected device, on the app, or with our web player. At this point, Im leaning against it. Click here to start listening at home siriusxm.com/listenathome, Customer Agreement & Website Terms of Use. About SiriusXMSirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S., and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning), Machine Tools, Metalworking and Metallurgy, Aboriginal, First Nations & Native American, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2020, SiriusXM to Present at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecom Conference, SiriusXM to Present at the 31st Annual Deutsche Bank Media, Internet & Telecom Conference. SiriusXM will continue to have its place but with a primary market consisting of OTR truck drivers and those living or travelling in rural and remote locations. It used to play some older music and newer music. I went to the San Francisco area for only 3 days. Only playing 70s!! I guess its time to leave this crap to the young uns. And what the do play now is all mellow, easy listening stuff. SiriusXM previously offered reports for Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston, Las Vegas, Miami, Minneapolis/St. It is now called Abba??? A study in Nature Neuroscienceshowed an increase in dopamine in the brain with music listeners thats similar to the way we feel after satisfying a food craving. Yet, that's not entirely true, as SiriusXM Love will become an online-only offering, at Channel 708. Omg!!! It eliminated my ability to scan up and down with the buttons on my steering wheel while driving. We want the disco back. Before you even get to work, set the tone for the day with your music choice. Instead of pulling out your hair, pull out your streaming device and listen to the Relax collection on the SXM App now. They may as well call it The Bland now! I do not like the change in The Blend! Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. Similarly, music has been shown to reduce chronic pain, likely through distraction, relaxation, [and] positive emotion, according to Scientific Reports. Mini meditations, called "Mindful Moments," will run four times a day at 8 am, Noon, 4 pm and8 pm ET. Try breaking away from TV, computer, and phone screens and listen to calming music instead before bed to promote restfulness. Covid couldnt do it but Sirius can. A campfire crackling might sound great when you're home alone and it's dead quiet but when you're driving, it sounds like someone chewing with their mouth open. Media contact:Amy Galleazzi212-901-6552Amy.galleazzi@siriusxm.com, View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-teams-up-with-calm-to-launch-the-calm-channel-301053954.html, Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2020, http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-teams-up-with-calm-to-launch-the-calm-channel-301053954.html. Ugh, same here. The Calm Channel is now available exclusively on SiriusXM radios (channel 68) and on the SiriusXM app throughout May and June. A Major Channel Shift Is Coming To Sirius XM, Sign up for our newsletters for the rest of the headlines, FCC Opens Docket on Directional Antenna Performance Verification, NAB: 2022 Quadrennial Review A Rerun Of Unfinished 18, Broadcast Radio: Holding its Own In-Car During Drive Time, All Ears: Online Audio Consumption Hits Record High, https://www.change.org/p/reverse-the-moving-of-50s-on-5-and-60s-on-6-for-siruisxm, NAB Signs On To D.C. Plea To Stop FTC Planned Noncompete Ban, The First Certified ATSC 3.0 Upgrade Accessory Receiver Is Here, RBR+TVBR Observation: Why Local Media Wins. 60s music and reggae is some of the best out there. we are the dinosaurs and they want to get rid of us. For more information about SiriusXMs channels, click here. They will be in our shoes in the future, I made a petition if its any help. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2020, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). What happened to The blend?? I can see how Calm would appeal to people that are into ASMR videos on YouTube, but it's not for me. The 90s were okay, but thats in our opinion when music started tanking and going downhill for the worst. Not a big fan of Calm. SiriusXM dropped its four remaining local Traffic and Weather channels on March 1. It's great that they're adding content and all, but it's gotta be frustrating for people that actually listen to existing channels on their radios that are getting swapped around for these new cross-promotional channels. I actually like both the Calm stuff (I subscribe to the app) and the Spa channel. The channel mainly airs big band, swing, and hit parade music from 1936 to 1949, with occasional songs from the early-1950s. Thank God they changed the Blend!!!!! The unwind-worthy music channels on SiriusXM, featuring ambient sounds, down-tempo instrumentals and meditative melodies, can promote a feeling of relaxation and tranquility. Lance Venta is Owner and Publisher of RadioInsight.com. Congratulations youve managed to ruin what was once an excellent listening experience job well done! We simply did not include this hosts name in our original coverage. Mini meditations, called "Mindful Moments," will run four times a day at 8 am, Noon, 4 pm and8 pm ET. And they need to do it before my subscription comes up for renewal! Create your Watchlist to save your favorite quotes on Nasdaq.com. For more about SiriusXM, please go to:www.siriusxm.com. SiriusXM's The Calm Channel is an exclusive pop-up music channel featuring soothing sounds of ambient music, nature melodies, quiet lullabies and simple meditations providing the perfect. Neat. Fans are baffled and shocked to realise that their favourite radio channel Sirius XMU, the American satellite radio channel, has disappeared. Facebook changes to META? In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers and directly to consumers through aftermarket devices. When typing in this field, a list of search results will appear and be automatically updated as you type. 5. Where did the music that was played on channel 54, go???? Listeners are instantly transported into a relaxing environment with music and meditations to guide you throughout the day--from awakening soundscapes to a mid-day meditation and more calming lullabies at night. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019 and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2020, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). For more information and to start listening, visit: SiriusXM.com/streamfree. Thus, I, like apparently many others, am trying to decide whether or not I will continue my subscription. Songs are way too old for me. When the symbol you want to add appears, add it to My Quotes by selecting it and pressing Enter/Return. Same awesome programming, different home, SiriusXM says. I always hate Tuesdays because the music we have to listen to. The music of today will NEVER hold a candle to or match up to the 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s music. This could not be confirmed as of Thursday evening, Pacific time. Im a millennial and I *love* 60s music. The Calm Channel will air through June on channel 68. 0. The Calm Channel was an exclusive pop-up channel offering the soothing sounds of ambient music, nature melodies, quiet lullabies, and simple meditations to provide the perfect backdrop to take a deep breath and let go of life's daily stresses. Instead of being able to shuffle channels from my steering wheel, I now have to take my eyes of the road to punch in the preset channels. After a stressful or taxing day, it can be hard to unwind enough to fall asleep at night. Now streaming only (Satellite ch. The Calm Channel is now available exclusively on SiriusXM radios (channel 68) and on the SiriusXM app throughout May and June. Sigh. Click here to subscribe and continue listening, or compare different packages at siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages. It ticks us off since we pay a lot for 3 Sirius units, however we still have the 50s and 60s. Bring back channel 70 Love one of my favorites and why I keep my subscription seriously considering not renewing when the time comes to do so. The unwind-worthy music channels on SiriusXM, featuring ambient sounds, down-tempo instrumentals and meditative melodies, can promote a feeling of relaxation and tranquility. But researchers at Stanford University confirm that music with slow beats or Nature soundscapes encourages the slow brainwaves that are associated with hypnotic or meditative states, which may help you get some much-needed shuteye. Meanwhile, a flurry of channel shifts are set to occur, as follows: However, the biggest move will see the 50s tunes rebranded as 50s Gold, taking Channel 72. So sad. Now who wants to take bets on the legendary top 20 song playlists being used on this special channel? The sound quality on the weather and traffic channels were abysmal. Paul, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa. !! Listeners are instantly transported into a relaxing environment with music and meditations to guide you throughout the day from awakening soundscapes to a mid-day meditation and more calming lullabies at night. They can take it away, but they cant erase history of the many wonderful song artist that made very classic music. Put Studio 54 back on! New Age Spa channel will be available online only while The Calm Channel runs. I have tried listening to Channel 15, but it is wild pop. I hope they keep it as a streaming only channel once the limited engagement is over. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. Country, Dance/Electronic, Hip-Hop/R&B, Music, Pop, Rock, Country, Dance/Electronic, Entertainment, Hip-Hop/R&B, Music, Pop, Rock, Click here to start listening at home siriusxm.com/listenathome, Customer Agreement & Website Terms of Use. I am 70 but liked the blend of newer, modern soft rock with some slightly older soft rock. You had all those extra channels but you had to start Christmas music until January. If this doesnt change back or a new station created, then I will be canceling my subscription.