MG: Regarding KSBar & Grille, are you looking to expand that? <p>The official podcast of the HBO Original Limited Series, We Own This City. @KySportsRadio. Until then, we at least know Over on KSR's YouTube channel, the postgame crew of Drew Franklin, Jack Pilgrim, and Zack Geoghegan were live after Kentucky Basketball's win in Fayetteville with celebratory reactions. McGrath backtracks on Kavanaugh, saying 'I would have voted no'. Calipari will be here through the end of next year and then leave on his own. Matt Jones was born to Steve and Paula Jones on April 22, 1983, in Dermott, Arkansas.He spent most of his childhood in Van Buren, Arkansas, where his parents taught school and his father coached football and track.He attended Van Buren Public Schools from grade school through the end of his junior year. Jones hit them much harder than you see in a debate, repeating the same question two or even three times in a row when they tried giving a talking point instead of an answer, like this exchange with Grimes about marijuana: Jones: Do you believe marijuana should be legal? As an entrepreneur, I doubt he has a set salary. An Eastern Kentucky native, Jones graduated from Duke Law School (second in his class, reportedly) and eventually joined Kentucky's biggest law firm. During his football career at Arkansas, Jones was a part-time starter his freshman season in 2001, and was the full-time starter from 2002 to 2004. Jones: But that's still not an answer. One on One: The Business of Sports in Kentucky - Lane Report voted to confirm JudgeBrett Kavanaugh to theSupreme Court. Matt Jones (wide receiver) - Wikipedia MJ: I have been told soccers moment was about to arrive for 30 years, and it never arrived. Over six episodes, host D. Watkins will share his experiences in and out of the writers' room and speak to the people who brought this story to the screen, including executive producers George Pelecanos and David Simon, actor Jon Bernthal, actor Wunmi Mosaku, and director Reinaldo Marcus Green. [Jeremy Schaap] Former Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen dead at 38. You must log in or register to reply here. I would say he cares, but he has to be agnostic professionally. Maybe a small impact on Louisville because there might be some people who go to Louisville games now who would instead go to the NBA games. Matt Jones (radio host) net worth Feb, 2023 - People Ai Jones has been critical of McGrath's rocky rollout, saying there is renewed interest from state Democrats in him running for Senate as a result. [16], Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Matt Jones, Arkansas, TE, 2005 NFL Draft Scout, NCAA College Football", "Matt Jones, Combine Results, TE - Arkansas", "Jones suspended three games for substance-abuse policy violation", "Reports: Bengals sign Matt Jones, pass on 'Pacman' after workout", Matt Jones Now Settled In Central Arkansas, Talking Razorbacks, "Ex-Razorback Matt Jones leaves job in Arkansas sports radio", "NFL upholds three-game suspension of Jaguars receiver Jones", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Matt_Jones_(wide_receiver)&oldid=1135173801, This page was last edited on 23 January 2023, at 02:10. FEC finally drops Kentucky GOP complaint against radio host Matt Jones Please only use it for a guidance and Matt Jones (radio host)'s actual income may vary a lot from the dollar amount shown above. In addition to KSR, Jones launched a television show called "Hey, Kentucky!" in 2016 on Lexington's NBC affiliate WLEX. Share. Jonesis known by many as the most visible fan of University of Kentucky college sports, who has created a media empire based on the school's rabid fan base. But I think the leaders of the city now know that even if it is a small impact on UofL basketball or UK basketball, for our state, the economic impact is much greater and we need to try to do it. Would be very surprised if he's making anything under 500k. In the NBA, players make five, 10, 15 times as much as their coach. If he doesn't wanna ruin what he accomplished then he needs to quit while he is ahead so to speak. I think it is going to be a while before a lot of people want to do that. It turns out they were actually Dukies celebrating their 2010 NCAA championship. Most of the people that cover teams in the mediaand this is not a bad thingare not fans of the team. iHeartRadio sells spots network-wide, giving advertisers a highly coveted opportunity to reach listeners in every nook and cranny of the state. About 2009 it occurred to me: I can make this a career. I want to take it around the state. He is probably worth around $3-$5 million. MG: An article about you selling KSR reported that part of your motivation to do this was that college sports media and the way they cover college sports is changing. That wasnt common then. As Mike knows (and makes fun of me over), I don't necessarily love the guys at KSR, but Jones doesn't make up stuff for the sake of ratings. He wouldn't have thst problem at UK. KSR Podcast | Free Listening on Podbean App There is only so much a television network would pay you to show the games. I think it is probably going to take another year to get back where you want it to be. His is probably hard to pinpoint because he works so many gigs. JavaScript is disabled. The chips were stacked against Kentucky in Fayetteville today. 2023-03-03- KSR - Hour 2. Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones is losing his television show until the outspoken media personalitymakes a decision on running for U.S. Senate in 2020, according to a Lexington station. Mike-D definitively has fapped it to Matt Jones. I think in radio people want to know that you care and that it matters to you and that is the big difference. When McConnell couldn't settle on a date Jones heckled him for the next two weeks, until McConnell made an unannounced call into the show. Matt Jones likely has additional revenue sources. Were one of the only couples from that franchise still going strong, he continued. Posted on 25 fevereiro, 2023 by 25 fevereiro, 2023 by If Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones ever had to be in combat, there's one person he would like to have in his foxhole: Ryan Lemond. I want to submit a note and pic to Kentucky Sports Radio, but I can't find a way to do it. anchor since 2016, serving as a contributor to the station's political coverage and as a moderator for previous political debates, including a 2019 Democratic governor's debate. If he said it, it happened. I just don't know if she can win," Jones said during a March broadcast. "If you say something, I am going to pound you on it.". Thread starter FMCANE; Start date Dec 20, 2018; 1; 2; 3; . To transcend that order, thoughto step onto a platform of an order of magnitude larger, like Sirius Radio or the SEC NetworkJones will have to prove that he's something other than just the product of a very particular set of circumstances, and perhaps even answer a simple question that goes to the nature of what it is he does that's allowed him to play such a curious role in such a curious state. The audience considers us friends and so we dont need to be formal. "She would be a great public servant, I just don't know if she can beat McConnell in Kentucky, which is probably what the goal is.". He and his partners are opening a sports-themed restaurant called KSBar and Grille in Lexington. He was only 38. ID SAY MATT JONES MAKES SOMEWHERE IN THE BALLFIELD OF 55K-750K A YEAR. If Jones has been able to attain that kind of reach, it's largely because of a truth that serves as the central conceit of his show: it is impossible for Kentuckians to get sick of hearing about UK sports. Banned. Part of the reason is, our audience tunes in every day with knowledge of who we are as people, so I can reference things and people know what I am talking about. I love the state. I think its going to take a while to recover. He was in the lineup for Week 8, pending an appeal. Another attorney told me he expected no indictment because Lexington generally protects UK athletes, Sullivan tweeted. Matt Jones returning to KSR, signs 5-year deal - WLKY I hope they feel good about it. It would have already happened after Tubby . Other rumored candidates for the Senate Democratic primary includeHouse Minority Leader Rocky Adkins, of Sandy Hook, Kentucky,and state Rep. Charles Booker, of Louisville. what happened to matt jones ksr This is a single blog caption. You best be ready for Indiana-fication because that's what's on the menu. That's $900,000 per day she works. That's scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. It served a niche that most people didnt have in Kentucky, and then as blogs really grew in the late 2000s, we kind of exploded with them. Anybody who starts something from scratch, when they sell it, there is a little moment where you go, Man, am I really doing this? But it is the right decision, and our new owners have been great to work with. And we all loved it. Nobody knows the person's expenses, expenditures, investments, etc. So, what happened after season 25 ended? For example, the Courier-Journals Tim Sullivan fired off tweets insinuating it was an inside job. Rachael and I have moved on. ryan lemond wife Thanks for contacting us. Millions of dollars. I dont believe staying with something that isnt working will make things better When the milk spoils, we dont put it back in the fridge and hope it gets good again. McConnell ran on the notion that Obamacare should be repealed "root and branch," yet until recently he maintained that he would keep intact the state's wildly popular and successful health insurance exchange, Kynecta branch of Obamacare, you might saythat has enrolled over half a million Kentuckians in health insurance. Some YouTube channels earn even more than $7 per thousand video views. BestsellerThe Barista Express grinds, foams milk, and produces the silkiest espresso at the perfect temperature. Matt Jones. -- Why Tony thinks WakeyLeaks was stupid. In 2020, Mitch McConnell will have served five full terms as a US senator. I'm in favor of having the discussion, especially to reclassify the use of marijuana. For reasons that aren't fully clearJones speculates the college-town media took it easy on Pitino and didn't think readers would be interestedthe local media pretty much ignored the trial until Jones's coverage blew up. MG: How long have you been doing the ESPN show? He adds, "There aren't a lot of those." The other thing is that I think the NBA genuinely worries about corporate sponsors. I concur! When we did it, it was very unique. pdanet connected but no internet. I thought I had an email address for Matt that he used to give out during the show, but it doesn't seem to work (mattjones&kentuckysportsradio.com). Butwhat would you do if you knew what Matt Jones makes? Jones worked out with several teams during the 2009 season, but none resulted in contracts. The question is: Do you want to wait a few years so that you can look like you are morally superior? Democrats:Send her back chant at Donald Trumps rally moves race to center of 2020 contest. Jones spent months repeatedly challenging both candidates to come onto his show and answer questions. About. I watch, read about and do other stuff. Do Not Sell My Personal Information, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). One day, there are a couple of markets that it would be good to consider. The Barista Express grinds, foams milk, and produces the silkiest espresso at the perfect temperature. re: Matt Jones and the KSR postgame show starts at 9 central - should be another classic. [13] Copyright @2023 SECRant.com. How did that happen? I think its very, very little. And television networksprobably whats most important is that there are so many channels and so much content. Good or bad? MG: If Louisville got an NBA team, what would the impact be on UK and UofL basketball? Creig Ewing, a sports editor with the Louisville Courier-Journal from 1998 to 2014, says he often ran into issues with Jones and the KSR crew. Jones's show is owned by iHeartRadio and distributed to 30 radio stations across Kentucky. He also works in gameday communications for FC Cincinnati and additionally contributes to the . [citation needed] His streak of end zone shutouts ended in Week 8 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. SI Predicts Three Permanent Opponents For Each SEC Team If League Moves To Nine-Game Model, NCAA Proposing Timing Rules Changes In College Football To Shorten Games, Georgia's Jalen Carter Returns To The NFL Combine After His Arrest On Wednesday Night, Nick Saban Adds Charlie Strong To His Staff, Kirby Smart Issues Statement On Latest Jalen Carter Arrest Warrant News, Here's Alabama QB Bryce Young's Official Height and Weight, Tenn Influencer Rachel Stuhlmann Shows Off Her 'Rack-et', Golfer Paige Spiranac Gives Us a Peek At Her Photoshoot at Hammock Beach, Michael Douglas Owes Catherine Zeta-Jones When He Loses At Golf: I have to whip it out, Grizzlies Star Ja Morant Suspended After This IG Video Of Him Showing Off His Gun, NFL Inside Jay Glazer Shows Off Girlfriend While On Vacation, Kliff Kingsbury's Girlfriend Is Back At It With New Swimsuit Photos. He also has a syndicated radio program on UKsports. My favorite to watch is basketball, but I also really enjoy football and golf. The Louisville soccer teams are very popular. Who approached whom? My relationship had been made into a sideshow, a complete circus, James, 30, told the Los Angeles Times Thursday, referring to Kirkconnell, 25, facing racism accusations while his season of the ABC reality show aired in early 2021. They are doing the job and they are covering them, and they dont care whether the team wins or loses. 25/ fev. When they leave the state, for a lot of people, we are the way they keep connected to their home. The Federal Election Commission has unanimously dropped a 2019 complaint the Republican Party of Kentucky brought against Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones when he was considering . MJ: We should have it; it is dumb that we dont. Kirkconnell, 24, and James, 29, returned home to find out that her racially charged Instagram photos from 2018 had resurfaced and sparked a ton of backlash . Co-owner of KSBar and OVW Wrestling. What ends up happening is, you cannot beat the in-game atmosphere for a big game when your team is good. It was a slave-owning state that didn't secede. Prosecutor John Threet agreed to send the case to drug court on October 13, 2008. One of the things that has always been my goal is to not just be sports; to be life and to talk about everything. Grimes: he was at a fundraiser recently and someone asked him what he thought about the legalization of marijuana out in Colorado. what happened to matt jones ksr - faktru.news Ryan Lemond | Opinion | murrayledger.com I am disappointed that candidates who raise massive amounts of money are then scared of allowing a person to do his regular job he created. My interests have diversified a lot in the last decade. Advertising on his show is expensive I know that. You are using an out of date browser. Do you think the state can make it more attractive? Health care professional Steve Cox, of Madisonville, Kentucky, has also declared for the 2020 Democratic primary. MG: How did a Middlesboro guy who went to college in Lexington at Transylvania University and attended Duke Law School, both on scholarship, decide to get into the business of talking about sports? Matt James thinks he and Rachael Kirkconnell are going strong because they dont play games like other Bachelor stars. Is he practicing law? "Now that it's over, I'm going to tell you what really happened," Matt Jones explained. MJ: It has been a devastating impact. I was working (as a lawyer) for a couple of judges, and when I was not doing legal stuff I wanted something else to do. Indianapolis is only two hours away, and that hurts. Who on earth would disagree with that? re: Matt Jones and the KSR postgame show starts at 9 central - should be another classic Posted on 1/10/23 at 8:39 pm to WildcatMike. Ranked teams not named Kentucky finding the road unkind today John Calipari just out coached Eric Musselman. MG: What are your thoughts on legalized sports gambling in Kentucky? It wasn't as ridiculous a notion as it might've seemed to outsiders. Categories . Matt, Ryan, Drew, and Shannon talk all the latest UK selling beer at UK Baseball games, UK Basketball, and take you phone calls. I dont know.. KSR itself certainly does not appear to have that many paid ads or videos. We were able to get it at a fairly good price, and we decided it was worth it. as he considers entering the Democratic primary for a chance to take on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. MJ: I worked at Frost Brown Todd in Louisville. I will watch a little bit of pretty much everything. The one I get the most joy out of watching is basketball because I think it is the best combination of athleticism, intellectual, being a thinking persons sport, and excitement. In a text to my colleague @RussDinallo, who produced our E:60 story on Jared Lorenzen, Lorenzen's mother Janet confirmed that Jared died today. He attended Van Buren Public Schools from grade school through the end of his junior year. For a few years I did get to practice basically only appellate lawwhich is very, very rareand I did enjoy doing it. "There is not another person or organization that I got more complaints about [from staff] than Matt Jones and KSR," Ewing said. Circuit, one of the (U.S. Court of Appeals for the) Fourth Circuit, and then Judge Karen Caldwell (of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky). There are not sports going on, so are they going to listen? A hearing in drug court, rather than in the regular criminal system, allowed Jones to keep any conviction off his record. Matt (and other sources) allege that Amy McGrath's campaign manager forced KYT's hand and had him . And given all that, Jones's role in the local order of things makes perfect sense. "I disagree with this decision but It is what it is," he said. The Matt Jones Podcast | Matt Jones | All You Can Books The feud began after Jones tweeted that KSR is the #1 radio show in podcast downloads across the entire iHeartMedia company. The market wouldnt justify that; there is no rationale except this old, antiquated idea of amateurism, which was created at a time when we were a different country. [3] He has not played in a regular-season NFL game since. Wallace wasn't ruled out of Saturday's game "That boy saved us." I hope they get back to full attendance at games next year, but even if they do there are going to be a lot of people hesitant to go. Thats just dumb because you are letting all of these other people get a head start in the market. After spending the 2009 NFL season out of football, Jones received contract offers from the Cincinnati Bengals and the Tennessee Titans. Matt Jones, the founder of the popular Kentucky Sports Radio website, has sold the site to one of the founders of the 247Sports network. In the Bluegrass State, it's not so much that basketball is inherently political as that it's a unique means of getting all the state's voices into one room. Then I got offered a radio show. The police found a plastic bag filled with six grams of a white substance that tested positive as cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue. It is just not in our blood and our culture, but it is infinitely more popular than it was. I started a blog to talk about UK sports, and my friends and I would write on it. It's been a scary week here at the KSR Compound as our fearless leader, Matt Jones, has been in the hospital for issues related to high blood pressure. It is amazing in 2021 that that is even a question. "I'm not the first person to say this, but the state of Kentucky has pretty generally throughout history been mocked; people look down on Kentucky," says Jones. Matt James slammed "The Bachelor," saying he and girlfriend Rachael Kirkconnell are "still going strong" because they do not play the show's "games." KSR is a fan blog that has swelled to employ three writers besides Jones, which frees him up to host the radio program. Dateline NBC. In 2005 I started a blog; I did it really out of boredom. The game came to be known in the ArkansasLSU football rivalry as the Miracle on Markham, making reference to War Memorial Stadium's being on Markham Street. Matt Jones shares what he's hearing about Kentucky's current approach to Name, Image, Likeness (NIL) in recruiting, specifically athletic director Mitch Barn. Janet said, "I lost my sweet boy today after a long hard fight." He has two kids and a state of fans who adored him. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. in the past to declare that McGrath can't win statewide after losing to Rep. Andy Barr in Kentucky's 6th Congressional District. When COVID hit I wondered, are people still going to listen to this? Matt Jones announced Tuesday morning he has made the decision to sell the KSR website to Stuart McWhorter. They have found other sources of revenue that are much easier. what happened to matt jones ksr - ritalinares.com 3 seed at the SEC Tournament. Published by at February 16, 2022. For shows that only do sports, COVID was really hard. That decision is to finish out his class for next season then get out. [14], On March 9, 2009, in Washington County, Jones was arrested again after failing a drug test which showed that he had alcohol in his system, which violated the condition of his probation. ryan lemond wife I suspect that will hurt his listenership and pocketbook. Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones is losing his television show until the outspoken media personality makes a decision on running for U.S. Senate in 2020, according to a Lexington station . Radio host Matt Jones pulled from show as he mulls McConnell challenge We found that we were doing it from a different perspective, and people liked it. Jones' senior year saw Arkansas fail to reach a bowl game, finishing 56. We want to get it back to that spot. Ours stayed pretty solid because we have always been more a sports and pop culture show rather than just a sports show. It is quite possibleprobable eventhat the most rigorous questioning either candidate received all campaign long came on a sports radio show. The problem is, when you practice law you dont get to do a lot of that. I was fortunate. Jones and one other former Arkansas football player, Jared Hicks, were inside a vehicle that was searched by police. Is it decreasing as a revenue stream? Not coincidentally, that generates the most profit. Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio hopes so. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. [6] Jones was waived on the last day of final cuts by the Bengals and did not make the 53-man roster. While the hosts of KSR are all fans, not everyone is a fan of KSR. -- Matt invites himself to a Vanetti family dinner. There were only so many seats in your arena. Reply. Click below to subscribe to KSR Radio on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxlgPWNLi8UInV0HHhfSQCg?sub_confirmation=1#kentucky #kentuckywildcats #sec #secnews #bbnClick below to subscribe to KSR Radio on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxlgPWNLi8UInV0HHhfSQCg?sub_confirmation=1#kentucky #kentuckywildcats #sec #secnews #bbn He gets paid by 2 or 3 different companies while also owning KSR. But this past general assembly Jones: I know we have to follow them, but if you were the one in charge, if a bill came before the Senate that said "In America the recreational use of marijuana would be allowed," would you vote for it or not? Having a ready audience of people as interested as he is in obsessive minutiaerecruiting mailers, sayisn't the only anomaly that's contributed to Jones's success. That makes it so much easier because you dont have to reset and tell everybody what has happened. "I'm like the liberal friend they have, so they're OK with that," he says. In-depth analysis. Now, how you do it is a question that there are a lot of different theories about, and I have various opinions on it. Matt Jones says he has sold Kentucky Sports Radio website - WKYT MG: What is your law specialty? Matt Jones, host of Kentucky's highest-rated radio program and co-founder of the scrappily independent Kentucky Sports Radio blog, describes himself as a "somewhat liberal, mountain, Eastern . washington county real estate. Russ Heltman. I have gotten used to it now, but for a while that wasnt easy for me because I just didnt enjoy that format; I have learned how to do it. Oscar Tshiebwe couldn't have said it any better. Matt Jones' opening monologue following Kentucky's 14-point loss to Grimes: Well this past general assembly session we saw cannabis oil. Soccer is a much bigger deal than it was when I was a kid, but it is never going to be one of the big sports because there is not enough action. What do others not understand about the Kentucky audience? Were not playing games that a lot of people play just to stay in that circle., Kirkconnell, who won Season 25, faced major backlash after photos of herdressed for an antebellum plantation-themed party in college resurfaced on social media. We dont have professional sports here, so my theory is there still is a huge appetite when Kentucky basketball and football are not playing for something to do and I thought there was no reason we couldnt build this up. He didn't even realize the economic benefits that have been seen. While the Pitino trial is how Jones first made his name nationally, his reputation in Lexington came from his basketball coverage.