RELATED: Stars who lost children in the last year, On March 12, the family of singer-actress Traci Braxton who appeared with her famous sisters on the reality TV show "Braxton Family Values" announced that Traci was dead after a cancer battle. Flints publicist, Clif Doyal, told the Oklahoman that he was an ambassador for Oklahoma Red Dirt music,a genre of country that gets its name from the soil in the Sooner State. You will be missed Patrick. British fashion designer and punk style icon Vivienne Westwood "died today, peacefully and surrounded by her family, in Clapham, South London," her eponymous label announced on Dec. 29. He was 83. On Aug. 8, singer-actress and "Grease" star Olivia Newton-John lost her three-decade-long battle with cancer at 73. The Broadway performer, who was married to actor-director Leo Penn until his death in 1998, appeared in more than 60 projects in the big and small screens over her six-decade career including movies like"Parenthood," "Benny & Joon" and "Magnolia" and TV shows like "The Twilight Zone," "ER," "Grey's Anatomy" and more. His "Full House" castmates and more stars took to social media, , with a grieving John Stamos writing, "I am broken. "To say he left a legacy would be an understatement, and his positive impact will continue to be felt. Aaron Carter passed away on November 5, 2022. I feel very, very blessed that so many people have continued to write me and to pour out their love for me and my work., 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Saving Private Ryan actor Tom Sizemore dead at 61 after brain aneurysm, Coley Laffoon honors late ex-wife Anne Heche in birthday post to son, Forensic expert doubts homicide claims from Aaron Carters mother, Jazz legend dead: Grammy-winning visionary composer was 89, teaching children about grammar through music. He was 85. Two other people were also shot, though Quavo was left unharmed. May 12 (Reuters) - Naomi Judd, matriarch of the country music duo the Judds, died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound a day before being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, her family. She was 93. Shortly after the album's release, he also joined his big brother Nick Carter and the Backstreet Boys on tour. His manager added that he was set to continue along his career path, seemingly alluding to Dec. 2, when Jake was scheduled to start a string of shows in Oklahoma and Arkansas that would have continued through May 2023. I started to feel overwhelmed. The world truly lost one of the good ones.". Editors picks Angelo Badalamenti the Grammy-winning composer behind the haunting "Twin Peaks" theme as well as the soundtracks to many of filmmaker David Lynch's movies including "Blue Velvet," "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Drive" died at his home in Lincoln Park, New Jersey, on Dec. 11. The Tennessee-born actor, who was known for histhick drawl, became an unlikely social media star during the coronaviruspandemic thanks to his silly and sweet video posts. He was 82. Lamont was 81. during its run in the 1980s died on Aug. 7 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from injuries incurred in a car accident three days earlier, daughter Ch-a told, investigators informed Mary's family that new evidence revealed she may have died after slipping and hitting her head following her swim, causing her to fall into the water and drown, "YSL is a family, YSL is a label, YSL is a way of life, YSL is a lifestyle," he wrote. The "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet" star passed away after a private battle with colon cancer, her rep confirmed. Sonya Eddy who's best known for her work as nurse Epiphany Johnson on "General Hospital" died on Dec. 19 at 55, actress Octavia Spencer announced on social media. The actor's daughter Sharon Catherine Brown told TMZ that he died suddenly after going into cardiac arrest and collapsing on March 2 following a routine doctor's appointment to get his pacemaker checked. According to a social media post from the Orange County Sheriff's Office, "Detectives found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case." Our mother's zest and passion for life, her children, grandchildren and her many animals, not to mention her eternal joy of creating, were unparalleled and leave us inspired to live life to the fullest just as she did.". Sonya's producing partner and close friend Tyler Ford later shared more details about actress's unexpected passing with TMZ, explaining that Sonya had a scheduled, non-emergency surgery on Dec. 9, left the hospital on Dec. 11 then returned on Dec. 15 after she began to feel ill. Doctors discovered she'd developed an infection and days later, she was placed on life support, only to pass away hours later. Truly one of a kind." On Jan. 7, "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer Sinad O'Connor's shared on social media that son Shane, the third of her four children, was dead at 17 following earlier posts revealing he was missing. Keep reading for more stars we lost this year. Fame co-star and famed choreographer Debbie Allen, 72, also paid homage: My Heart is Broken. His musical spirit and infectious laughter will live on with all of us forever," his bandmates wrote on Instagram. The star's longtime friend and publicist Glenn Schwartz shared more details with People magazine, including that Gilbert's cause of death was due to complications from muscular dystrophy. Right now, my life is pretty great.. TMZreported thatliver cancer was the cause. The New York Post reported that he died at the Casa Medina Bogota hotel, a Four Seasons property, in Bogota, Colombia, where the band was scheduled to perform at a festival later that day. Beginning with 1966s Dont Come Home a Drinkin (With Lovin onYour Mind), she topped the US country charts 16 times and was nominated for 18 Grammy awards, winning three. Daughter Jennifer Aniston announced the sad news on NOv. 14 on Instagram, sharing photos of herself with her beloved father alongside the message, "Sweet papa John Anthony Aniston You were one of the most beautiful humans I ever knew. The native New Yorkers publicist Judith Moose announced Caras death Saturday morning, saying in a statement she died in her Florida home. People magazine reported that different species of that bacteria develop in the mouths of humans and are also present in cats' and dogs' mouths; people with autoimmune issues and who don't have spleens are particularly susceptible, the magazine reported, adding that it's unclear ifCharlbi suffered an animal bite or lick because the medical examiner didn't make her full autopsy public. ", Lauded stage and screen actor Robert Morse who's best known for his work as Bertram Cooper on "Mad Men" and as ambitious J. Pierrepont Finch, the star of the originalBroadway production and the film "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" died peacefully at his Los Angeles home on April 20 after a short illness, agent David Shaul confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. Allison confirmed his passing in an emotional statement to People magazine. "Our family is grieving the unexpected loss of a husband, father and grandfather who taught us to always seek the magic in life," his children filmmaker son Jason Reitman and daughters Catherine Reitman and Caroline Reitman said in a statement. Nearly four months after Charlbi's passing, aspokesperson for the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner revealed what happened: Her death was accidental and was caused by bacterial sepsis, which was a complication from asplenia the absence of a spleen due to "remote blunt trauma to her torso," the spokesperson told People magazine. CNN . I cant take much more. I'd like to say a bunch of pretty words right now, but it just isn't the time. ", Character actor Ned Eisenberg, who was perhaps best known for his work on shows including"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"and"Mare of Easttown,"died of cancer at his home in New York on Feb. 27. The star, who shot to fame at 12 with the release of sophomore album "Aaron's Party" in 2000, was 34. I will miss my brother more than anyone will ever know. It took a beautiful dreamer to write and perform the soundtracks for those who dare to dream.. Country singer Jake Flint has died just hours after getting married, according to people close to him. His social media page describes his sources of musical inspiration as "everything from classic Texas Singer/Songwriters to 90s grunge rock. Law enforcement sources told the outlet the cause of death is an apparent suicide. British character actor David Warner who was perhaps best known for his role as Billy Zane's villainous sidekick Spicer Lovejoy in the blockbuster film "Titanic" and also appeared in notable projects like "The Omen" and "Tron" died at England's Denville Hall, a care home for people in the entertainment industry, from a "cancer-related illness" on July 24, the BBC reported. The piano-playing "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" singer and Grammy-winning Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who was memorably brought to life on screen by actor Dennis Quaid in the 1989 biopic "Great Balls of Fire," which took its name from one of Jerry Lee's biggest hits was wed seven times. He was 81 years old and died from natural causes under hospice care, the family revealed. Broken hearts and feisty heroines Loretta Lynn in 2016. I am deeply saddened at his passing and shall miss him beyond measure., Im heartbroken to hear about David Crosby, Brian Wilson wrote. "There are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie. And such a first-rate actor, which pales next to him as a first-rate human. On June 5, the official Twitter account for Bon Jovi announced that the band's founding bassist, Alec John Such, died at 70. Flint, an up-and-coming star, died Saturday, just hours after he married his fiance, his. Country singer Jake Flint dead at 37 mere hours after marrying wife They didn't share more details, but a source close to the musicians told The Associated Press that Andy who along with hisbandmates was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2020 passed away the same day at his home in Britain. After Marsha was blacklisted, she said, "I was told that in fact it wasn't really about communism that was the thing that frightened everybody it was about control and about power. "While we are deeply saddened by the loss of Anita, we are comforted in knowing she is now with her daughter Jada [who died in 2003] and her sisters June & Bonnie and at peace. The New York Post further reported, citing police sources, that she was discovered at the bottom of a staircase. The legendary TV host died on July 24, 2020, at 88 years old. What country music singer just died today - SoundAcademy Flashdance star Jennifer Beals was among the first of Caras colleagues to pay tribute to her talent: Thank you brilliant Irene for your open heart and your fearless triple threat talent, Beals, 58, posted to Instagram.