Its a fancy place, and its a little stuffy, but if youre going to have a pricey meal in the area, this is a reliable option. Called the city's best steak deal by The New York Post, Skirt Steak is located inside Hotel Eventi. Bono dishes out housemade pastas like strozzapreti and strangozzi, plus antipasti like the grilled octopus, while the large wood-fired oven in the back churns out bubbling pies topped with prosciutto, eggplant, and spicy Calabrese sausage. Artichoke Basille's Pizza | 480-590-5830 | 1120 E Baseline Rd, Tempe, Arizona 85283. There's something for everybody on their menu it is eight pages long, after all. Kitchen donates 100% of its profits to charity. Which is fine, because so are a lot of restaurants (and crossfit gyms, if you're into that kind of thing). (They serve three different kinds.) 1 was started by two friends from Southern California and another from Tijuana, Mexico, and the casual taco stand has a simple menu offering up some of the best carne asada, adobada, and pollo asado tacos in town along with tostadas, quesadillas, and chips with salsa or guacamole. Smorgasburg - A great place to go on the weekends to try a bunch of unique and super delish foods in NYC. You have a bunch of choices above - I would check out menus with your kids now. There are some moments when you need a burger, whether its after an unusually prolific Happy Hour or when you just cant bear the thought of eating the same salad for the 12th day in a row. My standard order is either a salad or the avocado omelet with spinach and goat cheese. Wed recommend making a reservation, because this restaurant gets packed with groups and families, especially during the daily Happy Hour, when theres a giant two-person set meal option for $75. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. I would not eat a subway trip away before a Broadway show. Overlooking City Colleges stunning neo-Gothic campus, this Italian spot gives you a reason to visit at basically every hour of the day. My favorite is a restaurant called Marseille, which is on 9th Avenue between 44th and 45th streets. The menu features finger food like wings, burgers, sandwiches,and tacos alongside hearty salads and soups. And asking to come over again for seconds. With 10 locations around the city, chances are youve checked out Serafina before, making this Italian restaurant a safe pre- or post-show bet. It has really terrific outdoor patio seating, wooden structures, lovely decorthe whole nine yards. The Lambs Club, from the chef who formerly ran Marea and Ai Fiori, is a very Midtown restaurant. Miguel Cervantes, singer and actor in Hamilton, If/Then, American Idiot, and mor, My favorite restaurant in Midtown is Toloache. Just know that Donburiya feels more like a bar where someone might stand on a table than it does a calm sit-down restaurant, but thats part of the fun. 229 W 43rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues, Price: $Nearby Theatres: Lyric Theatre, Majestic Theatre, Broadhurst Theatre, American Airlines Theatre, St. James Theatre, Shubert Theatre. The upper corner of Harlem between Columbias shiny new West Harlem campus to the south and Washington Heights to the north has seen an explosion of restaurants over the last few years. Thank you for ideas! Local Dining | Colgate University Be the first to get expert restaurant recommendations for every situation right in your inbox. Trip Reports - VERY short visits to the city. Jessica Phillips, TV and Broadway actress in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Dear Evan Hansen, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and more. I love the intimacy of the space and to me it feels like I am transported into a hidden gem on a side street in Covent Garden! Dinner ideas before Hamilton - New York City Forum - Tripadvisor All the Theater District Restaurants Our Fave Broadway Performers Offers valid only on the date of the . Los Tacos No. Last week a quartet of classicsThe Lion King, Wicked, Hamilton, and Chicagoreopened, and coming soon are Douglas Lyonss Chicken & Biscuits (September 23), Alanis Morissettes Tony-nominated Jagged Little Pill (October 21), and Lynne Nottages Clydes (November 3), among others. To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories, To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Go to Quality Bistro, the massive French restaurant from the people behind Quality Eats and Don Angie. The dry-rubbed pork ribs are always a solid choice, but it pays to come hungry so you can try the mix-and-match combo platter - your own personal tray loaded with a choice of ribs, pulled pork, brisket, and barbecue chicken. Theres something about The Grange that feels like it doesnt belong in NYC. As Sunday's 72nd Annual Tony Awards are bound to spur some play-going, here are the best places to eat before the show. Fabulous ideas everyone! Its a light meal before sitting down to watch something for a couple of hoursand then youll be ready for another meal after the show. And no night at Joe Allen is complete without ordering thebanana cream pie for dessert it's far from a flop. 614 9th Avenue between 43rd and 44th Streets, Price: $Nearby Theatres: Majestic Theatre, Broadhurst Theatre, St. James Theatre, Hayes Theatre, Shubert Theatre. You stand at the counter and just shove it in your face, and then you're ready to go see a show. And while many locals might roll their eyes at the idea of eating anywhere within a 15 block radius of touristy Times Square, we promisebefore show, after show, or just swinging byyou can find great food in the Theater District. Go deep with Context Travel NYC & a tour called Young, Scrappy, & Hungry: Hamilton & Revolutionary New York. These subways are the best way to quickly get to the theatre. The Best Restaurants In West Harlem/Hamilton Heights Where to Eat in NYC: A Curated Guide For First-time Visitors Today its just as easy to grab a heaping plate of roast pork and fried green plantains at one of the many reliable Dominican restaurants lining Broadway as it is to sip on a Tokyo-inspired cocktail, order a Neopolitan pizza, or eat Peruvian-stye rotisserie chicken with a side of spicy rice. So if you're looking for a pre-theater spot that isn't boring, come here. The specialty here is a thick, northwestern style served in a variety of spicy soups and stews made with things like lamb and beef (make sure to try their signature ding ding noodles with cumin lamb). I think of [the experience] as a 90-minute mini-vacation in Italy. It's a somewhat quieter dining area: a mix of tourists, locals, and Broadway types. Start with a drink, like the mezcal-infused Grapefruit, served in a Mexican sugar skull mug, plus a plate of bivalves (theyre $1.50 each during Happy Hour from 5-7pm), then finish with a bowl of rich ramen. Check out Glass House Tavern (modern American.). Everything is served on the restaurants signature Italian pottery, an explosion of painted color and joy. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. Meet Karrot, a New Buy and Sell Marketpl. It is still an absolute favorite of mine for a pre-show meal or a post-show celebration. Where to eat before and after a Broadway show - New York Theatre Guide And that something is space. 1, your mind will change. 326 W 46th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues, Price: $$$Nearby Theatres: Imperial Theatre, Richard Rodgers Theatre, Lunt-Fontanne Theatre. It makes sense, considering the restaurants website lists up-to-date curtain times for shows running at the theaters in the vicinity. Hamilton tells us that New York is the greatest city in the world, so that means some of the greatest food in the world is at your fingertips. "I'll take my business to Ariana and Katie's sandwich shop instead . I relish the complete journey of ramen; the aroma wafting from the bowl as it is placed on the table, the first tentative sip of the hot broth, the inevitable struggle with the noodles without making a grand spectacle of myself, the discovery of the pork nestled beneath the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and scallionsand finally, the joy of lifting the bowl to my lips to get the last bit of savory tonkotsu broth. There's also a weekend brunch special for the pre-matinee crowd. by Mommy Nearest. The idea for the award came to producer/director Brock Pemberton while dining here in the 1940s. This small Mexican spot - the kind where bright bottles of Jarritos sit next to large bunches of cilantro in the front refrigerator case - is one of the best in the neighborhood for tacos, burritos, and bowls (if you like things hot, ask for a side of the smoky morita chili pepper sauce). Hamilton has two dining halls, a diner, a pub, two cafes and a smoothie bar to satisfy your cravings and keep you fueled. Get Ready to Blast Off at Cosmic Camp in. Tiler Peck, principal dancer with the New York City Ballet and performer in On the Town and The Music Man, P.S. It is a ritual that has become one of the things I look forward to most during rehearsals and previews. Russian Samovar Restaurant and Tolstoy Lounge, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Which is sad, but at least the tacos here turned out to be pretty good. Well have some guacamole and chips with a gin and tonic or a Negroni and talk about whatever weve seen. To set the stage we called up 20 Broadway actors, playwrights, producers, musicians, and more to chat about the restaurants they cant wait to get back to. Come with family or friends who are interested in eating some steak or a nicely-cooked piece of salmon. 7 Best NYC Restaurants Near Theater District for Broadway's Return Are the New York Pass, Explorer Pass or CityPass worth it? As soon as you leave the theater, go to Los Tacos on 43rd Street. Make sure you order your tacos "con todo" so they come complete with all the toppings, including salsa, cilantro, onions, and guacamole. I had my baby on my lap, and Tom Stoppard offered me one of his scallops. Is this place as good as Lucali? And it serves French-Mediterranean fare in a great, airy, bright environment with huge windows. Walk through history with this one-day itinerary . 309 West 50th Street (near 8th Avenue), donantoniopizza.com, (646) 719-1043. After The Band's Visit, for example, which was just across the street at the Walter Kerr [Theatre], we'd find ourselves there several times a weektaking over a booth or two. But what makes Sardi's the ultimate Broadway restaurant is the fact that it's the "birthplace of the Tony Award." 1727 NY-12B Phone: 315-824-BEER Website Hamilton Eatery Deli sandwiches, burgers, and more 41 Lebanon St. Get Directions. 4 Pre-Broadway Brunch Spots to Fill You Up Before a Weekend Matinee (The space is giant.) Los Tacos No. Her musical is one of a handful of performances marking New York Citys long-awaited return to Broadway. If the weather is nice, the peaceful back patio is a good spot to sip on the bourbon-based X cocktail, an homage to Malcolm X, who worked in the same space once upon a time. When I was in New York for meetings with the producers of the Broadway musical Aint Too Proud, one of the great places we dined at was The Palm Midtown located at 250 West 50th Street. Beth Williams, co-owner of Grove Entertainment and producer of Diana (forthcoming), The Bands Visit, On Your Feet!, and more. With more restaurants on every block than you can count, finding a place to eat in the TheatreDistrict that everyone can agree on may feel overwhelming. Get a whole rotisserie chicken, a pile of crispy pork chicharron (which can also be mashed into a garlicky mofongo if theyre starving), plus a few sides like fried sweet plantains and rice and beans, and youve got yourself a takeout meal that will leave everyone full and happy. So whether youre looking to have a multi-course meal at the recently reopened legendary spot, Sardis, before the opening number, or need to scarf down some tacos after the final curtain closes, weve got you covered with our ultimate guide to dining near Broadway. We both agreed that what really made us feel like things were coming back to our Broadway normal life was that pre-show dinner at La Masseria. 2.2 Dining on Stone Street. Even the beer list, with many mugs originating in the Bronx, draws you in. With teens I'd suggest 5 Napkin Burger or Southern Hospitality. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Cond Nast. Dinner and a show is an iconic NYC pairing. But if you have 30 minutes to kill, we encourage you to put your name in, walk around the block a few times, and come back for some springy noodles. Not to mention the bread they serve for the table is the best. To be eating at the theater spot with its rustic Italian design in perfect contrast to the urban electricity of the city outside. Dining Menus and Hours on Hamilton App. UCB West is now in Hell's Kitchen. From the East Village to Sheepshead Bay, Where to Eat Khachapuri Steven Jude TietjenDecember 20, 2022 Kitschen Confidential Julia SextonDecember 5, 2022 My New York Food: Miss Peppermint Edible Manhattan StaffNovember 30, 2022 In My Neighborhood: Danny Bowien's Guide to Lower Manhattan Jamie RothenbergFebruary 1, 2023 Most importantly, you need to be at the restaurant at 5PM. Where to Eat. The restaurant is also one of the few places you can still find happy hour deals these days, with Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each dedicated to offering a different cocktail for just $6. I would appreciate ideas. Established in 1988, this family-owned and operated restaurant is a New York City staple. Since I was very young, I have had a very special relationship with Joe Allen. The space is bright and beachy, with bamboo walls and rattan furniture, and you'll probably hear the Beach Boys playing when you stop by. Richard Rodgers Theatre | Broadway Direct Osteria La Baias menu focuses on coastal Italian fare, with five different types of crudo and antipasti like wood-grilled octopus to start, and also includes several wood-grilled options like a whole branzino and lamb chops. Sutton Foster, Tony and Gracie awardwinning actress in Violet, Little Women, Young Frankenstein, The Music Man, and more. Of course not. Mistakes are inevitable. My full dinner order involves prosciutto and melon, branzino and broccoli rabe, the meatballs, and a bottle of any Italian red wine that starts with a B (Barolo, Barbaresco, Brunello, Barbera, etc). I was lucky enough to get face value tickets to Hamilton for a Thursday 7pm show. West Bank Cafe serves the most glorious mashed potatoes and roast chicken anywhere near Times Squarealong with my favorite beet salad. by Stephanie Barnhart. The three-course, $59 pre-theater menu (available 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays, 5 and 5:30 p.m. Saturdays) is a bargain at this culinary level. Where to Eat in Midwood and Sheepshead Bay - Grub Street As with any NYC neighborhood where tourists outnumber actual New Yorkers two to one, the Theater District has plenty of places to eat pizza. 315-859-4011 By signing up, I agree to the .css-bwwgd3{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:currentColor;font-size:inherit;line-height:160%;}.css-bwwgd3:hover,.css-bwwgd3[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-bwwgd3:focus,.css-bwwgd3[data-focus]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Restaurants Near Hamilton on Broadway Have tickets to Hamilton? My Top 5 Pre-Theatre Restaurants Midtown. All to be accompanied by a chef's margarita. Singing is prayer. They also just recently added some excellent birria tacos to the menu, which you can also get in a burrito, that are even more delicious when dipped in a side of consomme. What Will the Weather Be Like During My Trip? The seafood is exceptional too; I personally love the restaurants lobster bisque, chopped salads, and Chilean sea bass. Urbanspace Food Hall houses outposts of several well-known NYC eateries, so you can get Robertas wood-fired pizzas, lobster rolls from Seamores, and coffee and pastries from Partners Coffee without ever leaving Midtown. There are currently three Sushi of Garis open in New York (and each is outstanding), but the 46th Street outpost is located in the heart of the Theater District. Photo: Angelo Trani / Courtesy of Becco Becco 355 West 46th Street "I. Both are delicious and filling. Luna Park to Open for the 2021 Season on. 33 Awesome Places you must eat in NYC - with local tips! Thats when this cheerful pub steps in, complete with a sidewalk patio on Broadway strung with lights. Eva Price, three-time Tony Awardwinning producer of Jagged Little Pill, Tina, Dear Evan Hansen, and more, My favorite spot to eat before the theater in Times Square is Carmines. Instead of attempting a three-course meal, try Casellula. 2. This local hotspot is also a favorite of some famous New Yorkers:Westway is the diner where Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld reportedly ate as they came up with the concept for Seinfeld. I also like Brazil, on 46th just east of 6th, a Brazilian restaurant with affordable steak and seafood entrees. The ceilings are a little higher, and the space is less cramped, but they serve the same reasonably-priced Italian menu, and, just like the other location, there are little wooden tables and exposed brick walls. By signing up, I agree to the .css-bwwgd3{transition-property:var(--chakra-transition-property-common);transition-duration:var(--chakra-transition-duration-fast);transition-timing-function:var(--chakra-transition-easing-ease-out);cursor:pointer;-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;outline:2px solid transparent;outline-offset:2px;color:currentColor;font-size:inherit;line-height:160%;}.css-bwwgd3:hover,.css-bwwgd3[data-hover]{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-bwwgd3:focus,.css-bwwgd3[data-focus]{box-shadow:var(--chakra-shadows-outline);}Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. (If youre not feeling tacos, theres a wide-ranging menu of stuff to keep you happy.) It also has this amazing chocolate cake with heavy cream on top for dessert. For libations and light bites before a show, head to Aldo Sohm Wine Bar.