Jill Abbott is a fictional character from the American CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless. Their marriage was later declared invalid after Genevieve Atkinson (Genie Francis) revealed that she and Colin were still married. [41] In the weeks leading up to this, she had been experiencing feelings of warmth and jaw aching. Young & Restless: Phyllis Teams Up With Jeremy to Set a Trap For Jill Abbott [29] Amid everyone telling Jill that she should stay away from Colin, Walton said: "She's only seeing the good in him. How did Walton do it? Footage of Dickson as Jill appears in the film Taxi Driver. Bell. But in 2003 it was disclosed that Jill was adopted. That's why she is in such pain and why she is drinking. She has two adoptive brothers, Snapper and Greg, and one half sister, Lauren Fenmore . WebHer mother Liz Foster practically raised him herself. Thus, William Foster Abbott was born in 1993. The next man Jill and Katherine fought over was Derek Thurston. She was born September 29, 1957, the same day as Tucker McCall, the son of Katherine Chancellor Murphy. On June 14, 2010, Jill received word that Liz Foster had fallen ill on her flight to Genoa City. WebIt was always thought that Jill Foster was born the youngest child of Liz and Bill Foster. When John passed away, he was none the wiser about his daughter's true paternity. Snapper ended up telling Jill the truth, Neil Fenmore was her biological father. In addition to being mortified to learn that she was the daughter of her sworn enemy, this revelation presented another crisis for Jill. Jill eventually learned Cane had survived and his twin brother, Caleb, had been killed. She was born September 29, 1957, the same day as Tucker McCall, the son of Katherine Chancellor Murphy. Besides, it's all so easy. The character is known for her rivalry with Katherine Chancellor (Jeanne Cooper), which is the longest feud in the history of American soap operas. Per Soaps In Depth , Ashley Abbott has known for years that her mother, Dina, had an affair with Brent Davis that resulted in her birth, but she never let John know and always thought of her as a father. [35] Walton said that Colin was a "good match" for Jill and she hoped that she could "reform" him. Jill continued to deny it and even insulted Larry. Years later, the box was found. Ultimately, Jill's DNA matched neither the corpse's nor Katherine's (whom Jill believed to be Marge). She bitterly rejected Katherine's overtures of affection and the ensuing argument reignited the feud between the women in full force. Jill Abbott or Nikki Newman While it would be highly entertaining to see Billys reaction to the wealthy older woman in question being his very own mother, its extremely doubtful. Jill began a romantic relationship with William Bardwell, the District Attorney, who had just inherited a fortune from his late uncle. This time, a key was found hidden in a secret compartment. Melinda Fee served a temporary recast also in 1984, and Adair briefly reprised the role in 1986 as a fill-in for Dickson. Sven kidnapped Jill and locked her in a meat freezer. Theo Vanderway (Tyler Johnson) is not an Abbott by blood, but connected to the family just as Ashley is through Dina. She is funny and sharp and I love her. However, Katherine was gone--replaced by her look-a-like Marge Cotroke. It's impossible. Phillip returned from the dead. Jill found a blue necklace that Katherine and left for her, and Colin otter to steal it to pay back some guys he owned money to. Abbott In November, Katherine "dies" in a car accident. Walton stated: "Liz was the dream mother for Jill. She had an affair with Derek Thurston (Joe Ladue) and later romanced Stuart Brooks (Robert Colbert), whose wife Jennifer had just died. Neil said that they can burn all the photos, except the ones of him and Lily. Give him Hamilton-Winters back and deal with it. Being my mothers only child and growing up with her basically as my sister, my mom has always been someone I admire. That hate thing is baseless now. Jess Walton Husband Jess was previously married to Bruce Davison. He refused. "[50], In 2008, Tommy Garrett of Canyon News awarded Walton a "Daytime Gold Standard" for her portrayal. Jill divorced John in 1986 and gets 20% of Jabot in their settlement, and a seat on the board of directors after threatening to sell her story turning it into a novel or film. Liz Henderson Foster was the matriarch of The Foster family. Shortly thereafter, Jill returned to her original occupation as a manicurist albeit in another town outside of Genoa City to keep it a secret from others. Cane was shot and "killed" on the day of her wedding to Colin, however it was actually Caleb (Cane's twin) that died. Ultimately, Jill's DNA matched neither the corpse nor Katherine (whom Jill believed to be Marge). Upon her return, she agrees to help Katherine come out of retirement to take control of Chancellor Industries, but Katherine ends up with a brain tumor. Chancellor Family "[18] Nekeeta Borden of Zap2it noted: "The redhead told Jill in no uncertain terms that she intended to keep her father's memory, and only child status, firmly intact and had no interest in a close relationship. When it comes to Lily and Daniel , traipsing around Genoa City like two sad sacks is doing exactly nothing for their appeal as a couple. Colin eventually came to clean to Jill, and she agreed to help him. This time Katherine got a hold of pictures of their tryst. Katherine found out and confronted Jill, who denied it. I loved doing that, because that was almost all comedy, all the time. She offered Jill $1 million in exchange for the baby she was carrying. [37] Nancy Reichardt of the Los Angeles Times noted that the characters were acting out of character; she wrote: "Katherine's breast cancer scare was touching and seeing Katherine and Jill come together added an intriguing new dimension to their relationship. Once the party in the park is finished, Jill leaves the music box there, only for it to be stolen by an unidentified person. The answer was obvious: my mother, Jill Abbott. My first thought as Jill is, 'I actually know who my blood is, and I have a sister.' Jill and Katherine then fought over Jill's son, Phillip Chancellor III, who was now a teenager. [6][57] Dickson won a Soap Opera Digest Award in 1988 for Outstanding Villainess for the role,[58] and Walton won one for Outstanding Lead Actress in 1994.[6][59]. [42], The storyline idea was developed by head writer and co-executive producer Sally Sussman Morina. Thus, William Foster Abbott was born in 1993. Jill Jill evicted Katherine who then found a legal loophole which resulted in Katherine and Jill being forced to live at the Estate together. She altered her plans when Derek told her he wanted her back. ", "Y&R Day Ahead Recap: Jill struggles to accept a life-changing diagnosis", "Y&R's Jess Walton on Jill and Kay's Rivalry: "I Was The Stupid Coyote That Got an Anvil Dropped on His Head", "Campy Young and Restless Flashback: Nina vs. Cricket, Jill vs. Kay", "Young and Restless Head Writer Josh Griffith "Adores" Jess Walton and Jill Abbott! The investigation proved that David Chow murdered him to pay off some of his gambling debts (associated with the mob). [17], "There is a basic insecurity that came from her being the housekeeper's daughter. "[24] In 1998, Walton's co-star Jeanne Cooper described Jill as "Wile E. Coyote". Afterward, she didn't ask permission before posting a story on the internet and Billy fired her. He is murdered in September by David Chow, devastating Jill. In 2003, Liz was diagnosed with a brain tumor and admitted to Jill that she was adopted and that Charlotte Ramsey provided proof that she was Katherine's daughter. When John passed away, he was none the wiser about his daughter's true paternity. She is raised by her mother, Liz Foster, and her two older brothers, Snapper (William Gray Espy) and Greg (James Houghton). Soon after, Jill began an affair with Victor Newman and Jill assumed she would certainly be the next Mrs. Newman. Jill reunited with her adoptive brothers Greg and Snapper who returned to town. Katherine convinced Derek to stay with her, albeit in a platonic relationship, for one year. '"[38] Lilana Novakovich of The Record noted that the rivalry between the two women has "outlived most marriages". Kay was awarded temporary custody, but she was denied the right to adopt him. Liz Foster Mamie found out and told John, ending the marriage. With the truth about her barrenness about to surface, Charlotte went to the Chancellor Estate and confronted Katherine on May 20, 2003. However, the true victim was her look-a-like Marge Cotroke. Jill managed to get Stuart to marry her, but he dumped her after she faked a Katherine, having little memory, couldn't disprove Jill's theory and was arrested for both trespassing and fraud. John and Jill became romantically involved. And she sometimes did her hair and nails too. They are led to believe that her true biological son is Ethan "Cane" Ashby (Daniel Goddard), an Australian national whose visa has expired and is fighting deportation. Jess was, however, raised in Toronto, Canada. Katherine didn't want to open the box because she thought of Jill as her real daughter. However, the test also uncovers the truth Jill is not Katherine's biological daughter, and Charlotte Ramsey made this up to get back at Kay. WebBrenda Dickson originated the role of Jill Foster Abbott on The Young and the Restless (1973) where she worked for almost 12 years. In the beginning, the then 18 year old Jill, was trying to help her. She wanted her estate split three ways between Phillip, Billy Abbott and Cane -- despite the fact that Cane was not her biological son. The woman then gave Katherine a different baby that Jill raised as her son, Phillip Chancellor III. [8][9], In March 2009, speculation arose that Walton had taken a medical leave; however, Nelson Branco of TV Guide Canada reported that she had been asked to accept a salary cut and had decided to leave. She showed them to John, who then suffered a stroke. Cane returns with Lily in his arms, but she is still mad at those that lied to her. Young & Restless: Phyllis Teams Up With Jeremy to Set a Trap For Katherine was shocked when she saw Charlotte back in Genoa City a short time later but still didn't piece together her connection with Jill. [2] For this storyline, the soap opera partnered with the American Heart Association in order to highlight the issue of women's heart health. Executive producer Mal Young felt that the character of Jill was the "perfect choice to show how a woman's life can dramatically change as a result of heart disease." Phillip divorced Kay so he could marry Jill. Rex eventually was shot and killed while Jill began romancing John again. Victor ultimately decided to sell Chancellor and told Jill to get the money ready. Hapless Jill, no more than shared her elation at the prospect with Jack Abbott, than Victor let her know that she was just a fling and he had no real intentions where she was concerned. She tried taking it lightly and cavalierly, but then it starts to sink in and get serious. WebIn June 2010, when Jill's adoptive mother, Liz Foster (Julianna McCarthy), died, it was then learned that her biological father was Neil Fenmore. He divorced her, and married Jill, but the real Katherine finally returned and reunited with Rex. Back then Katherine was a chain smoking drunk, who slept with the stable boys. Colin found Neil's briefcase, and opened it. [39] Cooper stated: "The audience both young and old relate to the Kay/Jill relationship". A lot of people are like that () They have ostrich syndrome; they want to bury their head in the sand so they don't hear anything they don't want to know. Jill became engaged to Australian businessman Colin Atkinson (Tristan Rogers). However, his information ends up being a dead end. The Young And The Restless' Chancellor Family Tree Explained I have a wonderful job and I really think I owe it to myself and my family to continue on. But "Upon Phillip's return from the Dominican Republic, a stone sober Katherine met him at the airport and offered to drive him home." "[43] Since Phillip wanted nothing to do with his wife, Kay shamefully carried on with Jeff the stable boy, meanwhile Jill & Phillip Chancellor II were falling deeply in love, even though they were fighting their feelings for each other at every turn. However, Abbott family housekeeper, Mamie Johnson (Veronica Redd), seemed to be a thorn in Jill's new marriage. Jill Foster Abbott Phillip was rushed to the hospital where, on his deathbed, he married Jill. Walton stated: "Liz was the dream mother for Jill. Jill Abbott Katherine Chancellor allowed ex-con Larry Warton to move in and do some work around the house. [52], Walton won a Daytime Emmy Award in 1997 for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her portrayal of Jill,[6][53] and was nominated in 1996, 2000, and 2017. Walton stated: "Liz was the dream mother for Jill. Jess Walton Jill Foster Abbott Jill hired a former con man Rex Sterling (Quinn Redeker) to seduce Katherine. She feeds me. She said: "Liz dies within a week and all of a sudden it's, 'I am a Fenmore'. He further mentioned that "Along with providing us with some very emotional and dramatic episodes, the subject also gives us the opportunity to educate and highlight a very pertinent issue using characters our viewers know well. WebShe was the mother of Snapper, Greg and Jill . On a business trip to Chicago, Neil revealed he had regained his eyesight, and exposed Devon and Hilary Curtis' affair. Lauren refused to believe it and insisted on a DNA test which confirmed that they were indeed sisters. Kay begged him for a second chance when Phillip refused, Kay purposely drove them off a cliff. Afterward, all of Katherine's loved ones receive letters from her that were to be delivered on the one-year anniversary of her death. Being my mothers only child and growing up with her basically as my sister, my mom has always been someone I admire. [14][15] She made her return on November 2, 2012. She is the only character to have been on the show since the beginning. Billy Abbott and Brock Reynold's teenage daughter MacKenzie Browning began a romance. Ms. Dickson has studied with Lee Strasberg, and then she studied with Milton Katselas. But in 2003 it was disclosed that Jill was adopted. The girls are at it again! [45] As Phillip "lay dying in his hospital bed, he had one last request to make of his beloved Jill:marry him to give their unborn child his name and his fortune! Jill refused to believe this at first, DNA testing of the corpse in Phillip III's grave confirms that he was not Jill's biological son. Jack finally confessed to the crime in order to prevent his affair with Jill from becoming public. He also commended Walton and Cooper's portrayal of their characters' rivalry, "To say Walton swam alongside Cooper would be an understatement. So much to Jill's dismay, Phillip III lives his high school years at the Chancellor mansion with Kay. Jill married Phillip on his deathbed, securing an inheritance.

Rex's real name was Brian Romalotti, father of Danny Romalotti (Michael Damian) and Gina Roma (Patty Weaver). She was a really successful businesswoman. WebJill Foster Abbott ( Jess Walton) wanted a baby with her then-husband, John Abbott ( Jerry Douglas ). [51] Prior to being paired with Colin, Nekeeta Borden wrote that, "Jill Foster Abbott (cough, cough) Fenmore's (Jess Walton) Jimmy Choos must have crossed paths with a black cat, because she can't find a good man to bless her somewhat shriveled heart." Jill Abbott After she became pregnant, he urged her to have an abortion because he was too old to become a father, but she refused. Jill begins an affair with wealthy Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) and was convinced he would ask her to marry him, but he told her it was just a fling.