Add This Week With George Stephanopoulos to your Watchlist to find out when it's . And he acted. This is a rush transcript of "This Week" airing Sunday, February 26. The only people who cant speak about what happens in the grand jury are prosecutors. RADDATZ (voice over): One year ago, Vladimir Putin thought he was poised for victory in Ukraine. But it doesnt mean we disregard whats happening, this struggle for the global balance of power that were facing right now. We know they havent taken it off the table. It could still happen. What I can say is, so far we have not seen them do it. Everyone I talk to says this. MCCAUL: I think because its taken too long. You must be very strong. Additionally, in October 2021, George Stephanopoulos Productions announced two long-form unscripted documentaries, both of which are supposed to release this year. Although many viewers are noticing his absence, it is unclear presently why George is not on GMA. Catch up on the developing stories making headlines. RADDATZ (voice over): And yet the priest, like all Ukrainians, endures. Ive met with the Ukrainians being trained by the Poles on the Leopard tanks, which will go in in two weeks as this offensive takes place. after a clip of anunrecognizable-looking Roberts dancing and singingin 1984 was played to GMA viewers. On the night of the invasion, 180,000 Russian troops began their brutal assault. Als u uw keuzes wilt aanpassen, klik dan op 'Privacyinstellingen beheren'. She is known for her work in the Fox sketch comedy seriesIn Living Colorfrom 1992 to 1994. ANNOUNCER: From ABC News, its THIS WEEK. Will you send F-16s? ABC News. And later, more of David Muir's exclusive interview with President Biden, his message to Americans worried about the economy. And we'll have more of David's interview later. And the only thing I can say is, watch me. Whether they support you or not philosophically, you're the president; you're the governor. They also want to know -- they want accountability to the taxpayer. Robin also noted that she had only told her colleagues about the clip during a commercial break. I will say a divisive rhetoric I think polarizes this nation and I think it hurts this nation. "It was 1984 and yes @gstephanopoulos I was young and hungry!! They -- they're losing on the cultural issues, but as Bernie Sanders and some others have demonstrated, they can connect on that. Clearly, one of the reasons President Biden went over there was to get support. George Stephanopoulos had quite an illustrious career in journalism before becoming the co-anchor for GMA in 2009. This morning, our exclusive reporting from the White House --. SULLIVAN: Abrams tanks. RADDATZ: Terry, age. Lets put that in. And they're comforted by you being there. There are several investigations, but in this one, with the district attorney in Atlanta, and certainly the attorney general in New York, you have prosecutors who made it a political issue to get Donald Trump, and that has been the hope of liberals and of Democrats for a long time that someone somewhere is going to find a charge that sticks. And, honestly, Martha, the highest priority right now is to move as rapidly as possible, to build up their capacity, to de-occupy those portions of Ukraine that are still being occupied brutally and bloodily by Russian forces. President Zelenskyy saying it's been a year of bravery, pain, endurance, and unity. 3:46. When we give them what they -- what they can really use and ask for, they win. Subscribe to Confider, the Daily Beasts media newsletter, and get juicy scoops in your inbox every week. ", And one fan noted: "I've never seen Robin with 'I'm gonna murder you in your sleep' eyes before. We have an audit by Deloitte. They're all in favor of us putting not only F-16s in but longer-range artillery, to take out the Iranian drones in Crimea. Her Husband, Earnings, Net Worth And Family Life. It doesn't look like it. RADDATZ: You are a man of God. Republican Josh Hawley said this week that the Republican Party can be the party of Ukraine and globalists or the party of East Palestine and working Americans, not both. Earlier this month, he quipped "you were young and hungry huh?" All the fallout with our powerhouse roundtable. He's crazy. BRAZILE: No, and that's not going to be a slogan if he decides to run for re-election. He has every right to finish the job. And I dont blame people for being down. SULLIVAN: I mean I cant go beyond what the president said today, which is for now what were focused on are the things Ukraine needs to be able to retake territory on the ground, in the south and the east. It's been an unbelievably trying year for his country ever since, but also one of resolve. I want to go back to the age thing again. In Ukraine, grief is everywhere. I think when I go out across the country, thats what people want to hear. I mean, it does I think -- it just raises I think the entire case and the entire investigation into question, and that's advantageous for the former president. Those Leopards are getting sent now. Are you worried about the aid in this coming year? There definitely are some names that you expect. George Robert Stephanopoulos is not leaving and will stay on as a co-host for Good Morning America. At the beginning of 2020, fans were concerned when George suddenly stopped appearing on the TV show. People are worried that they're being forgotten. Kyiv still stands, and Ukraine has taken back roughly half of the land it has lost since the start of the war. That's why it's important -- when I talked to these top military officers, give them everything they -- that you can now so they can win this thing. Stephanopoulos apologized for not making the contributions public knowledge and the network also said in a statement that he was wrong not to disclose the contribution but that it was an honest mistake. And I know the argument is, well, we need to look at the budget. JAKE SULLIVAN, WHITE HOUSE NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: Well, first, thank you for having me, Martha. Be -- be -- how you say? MUIR: Let me ask you about a conversation that people are having at home. And this is actually an example of Joe Biden rallying the global coalition to get Ukraine what it needs. We also know theyre buying all their energy from them, economically supporting them. The journalist has a verified Instagram account and seems relatively active, but he hasnt posted anything in the past week. The news anchor hopes his fans will tune in and support his new show. He said he's running, basically, but he "has things to finish." There seems to be some tension in the newsroom between two of America's most beloved news anchors, George Stephanopoulos and David Muir. The network then leaned onStephanopoulos to cover"special report responsibilities," which he did to acclaim, thus building the reputation of the organization. BRAZILE: But do it some time this summer or this fall. Diane Sawyer will lead "new programming," the network said, "tackling big issues and extraordinary interviews." George Stephanopoulos, who anchors Good Morning America and This We In November, Stephanopoulos was out conducting an interview and during the summer, he and his wife took some well-deserved breaks from big cameras. You talk often about how the inflation the rate of inflation has begun to slow. We need to be there because the Ukrainian people have suffered so much, and they're standing up for all of us, for democracy, for a country that invaded them. Stephanopoulos married Alexandra "Ali" Wentworth in 2001. And I cant get into the specifics of who composed that security contingent, but he was well-protected the whole way. Thats going to be a bit of a game changer as well. George Stephanopoulos has been absent from GMA all week. Is there really anything you could do? He didn't include any context for the tweet. The couple hugged in a warm embrace while standing outside next to a gorgeous pool. VLADIMIR PUTIN, RUSSIAN PRESIDENT: (INAUDIBLE). Pressed by Stephanopoulos on whether the committee will have enough evidence to prosecute the former president, Kinzinger said he's not comfortable making that statement yet but said the committee is continuing to learn new information every day. Muir will continue to lead special coverage, andStephanopoulos will lead breaking news coverage before and after Good Morning America, according to sources who spoke with CNN. This morning, we're going to assess the state of the conflict, where it's headed, growing concerns about China's role, and speak with Ukrainians on the ground about life under Russia's assault. BRAZILE: Martha, when I I got up early that morning for whatever reason and I saw the president in Ukraine and I was like, yes, yes. I mean, let's face it. Would that cross a line for you? CHRISTIE: Well, look, everybody can say they don't, but grand jury subpoenas, having issued many of them in my life, are pretty compulsory documents. DAVID MUIR, ABC NEWS CORRESPONDENT: Let me ask you the question everyone is asking. White House National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan is interviewed on ABC's "This Week", Sept. 25, 2022. I was at the Munich Security Conference, met with a lot of the high-ranking military officials, including our supreme allied commander. But we begin with more of David Muir's exclusive interview with President Biden at the White House Friday where they discussed the U.S. commitment to Ukraine heading into the next year of this conflict. A rush transcript of "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" airing on Sunday . His wife often took to social media to share their various adventures. RADDATZ (voice over): Intelligence at the time suggested Russian forces would sweep into Ukraine and topple the Zelenskyy government in a matter of days. RADDATZ: But with tens of thousands killed, how will this bloody war end? They can always take five if they want. SULLIVAN: My understanding is that the NORAD commander, the general in charge of the defense of North American air space, has not recalibrated our radar, that we continue to be vigilant for unidentified objects coming into U.S. territory. George Robert Stephanopoulos, a former Democratic assistant, currently works as a US political analyst and television host. To learn more about George Stephanopouloss illness, whereabouts and wife, continue reading the article below. Wij, Yahoo, maken deel uit van de Yahoo-merkenfamilie. What do you know about China possibly providing lethal aid to Russia? Such shifts in duties are not unusual at news networks, of course. And I don't think it's going to get any better. MCCAUL: Because it can travel the entire country with great speed. Later, Robin shared the clip to her Instagram page, writing: "Talk about waaaaay back Wednesday. Election night coverage will instead be led by World News Tonight anchor David Muir. With Muir taking home at least $5 million per year and Stephanopoulos' earnings of between $15 to $17 million, the feud does seem a tad out of touch with the rest of the news industry, or as one critic put told the Daily Mail: "Both George and David need to realize how lucky and privileged they both are. We always appreciate it. She seemed quite animated to talk about what was occurring behind closed door. Be careful or --. There are things he needs now that we're sending him to put him in a position to be able to make gains this spring and this summer going into the fall. RADDATZ: And, Asma, you're at the White House every day. MARTHA RADDATZ, ABC "THIS WEEK" ANCHOR (voice over): Year two of the war in Ukraine begins. MUIR: I want to ask about the economy. RADDATZ: Donna, we have just a a short time here, but I I want to end where we began, and that's Ukraine. The Chinese spy balloon, I want to go back to that. What kind of things does he have to finish? BIDEN: Look, we're sending him what our seasoned military thinks he needs now. RADDATZ: Also can get shot down. Ukrainian people show brave, resilience, and we ready to fight. I think, with enough pressure from Congress on both sides of the aisle, we can get into Ukraine what they really need to win this fight. Where Is George Stephanopoulos On This Week? And that means tanks, armored personnel carriers, infantry fighting vehicles. Watch This Week with George Stephanopoulos TV Show - ABC.com - "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" is ABC's preeminent Sunday morning public affairs program. The new job meant that . The pair live together in New York City with their two children: Elliott Anastasia Stephanopoulos andHarper Andrea Stephanopoulos. UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Putin had a rough heart and he forgot that God is in this world. George Stephanopoulos was missing from his usual GMA slot on December 19, 2022, and fans are curious to know why. To prevent Stephanopoulos from alleging a breach of contract and leaving the network, ABC gave him the lucrative new deal along with breaking news coverage duties and a new production company. RADDATZ: OK. We've got to take a quick break. And I think, look at all that Joe has -- has done, has accomplished. We'll be right back. This is not the first time this year, or this Summer, that George has been absent from the show for an extended period of time. We should all be standing as Americans. Sources also claimed he would lead ABCs breaking news coverage. And yet you walk these streets, you talk to people, and the pain is everywhere. MORAN: Who said the danger comes when prosecutors don't choose their cases, when they choose their defendants. Stephanopoulos has an estimated net worth of $40million, according toCelebrity Net Worth. UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is there any reason for any of us to think that he is not running again? But I think this president has done enough, and he's committed to serve the American people. And I was told there was a special operations team on that train to help out in case anything went wrong. IAN PANNELL: A growing number of Americans believe that the U.S. is giving too much support to Ukraine. RADDATZ: And, Donna, I want to ask you about the economy. He first joined GMA as an anchor in December 2009. REPORTER: Are these recognizable names? RADDATZ: But -- but you heard Jake Sullivan say, "Look, our military is looking at the ground. Mar 17. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. GMA host has a new project in the works. Andrew Harnik/Pool/Getty Images. there's a process by which he could have pursued his interest in a way that doesn't undermine the national security of the united states. That doesn't seem like a winning slogan there. He's going to take advantage of that. He brought down the Soviet Union. Is it possible youd approve them in the future? I want to go back, though, for a second, to the economics question. And just when they unlock the Leopard tanks with Germany, putting in some Abrams tanks, we can do the same thing with all these other aircraft, the F-16s, ATACMS --. MCCAUL: It -- it could. In fact, the word I kept hearing was "We need to put everything we have into there." The great thing about this country is we can have political dialogue, discourse. And at some point this -- hopefully this summer or fall -- I don't think he should announce this spring. 's latest guest host. RADDATZ: OK, let's bring in our roundtable to talk about all of this, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie; former DNC Chair Donna Brazile; ABC News senior national correspondent Terry Moran; and NPR White House correspondent Asma Khalid. The information shared above about the question, TOP 10 why is george stephanopoulos not on this week BEST and NEWEST, TOP 8 why is george stephanopoulos in a wheelchair BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why is geometry important BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why is geometry dash not working BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why is general electric failing BEST and NEWEST, TOP 10 why is geico so cheap BEST and NEWEST, TOP 10 why is gavin newsom getting recalled BEST and NEWEST, TOP 10 why is gavin newsom bad BEST and NEWEST. And 2020, and 2022, which was essentially a referendum, he believes, I'm sure, "I've got it right. It's also evidence of the fact that prosecutors don't get to pick your grand jurors, right? ", The Real Reason George Stephanopoulos Threatened To Quit ABC Over David Muir. Keep scrolling to see what ABC did to make Stephanopoulos stay. And it's never too late to go. President Volodymyr Zelenskyy declared the first day of the war in Ukraine the longest and hardest day in Ukraines modern history. In addition, he has served as a correspondent for several special shows. What would he do? I think the president should have gone to Palestine, where we had this major chemical spill. Vladimir Putin told the Russian people this week that Chinas President Xi is coming to Russia, likely as early as this spring. He has been pretty quiet on social media lately, but his wife calmed everyone's worries when she posted a photo of them in Greece. Names that people would know? Only 16 percent said they were better off. RADDATZ (on camera): You walk these streets, you talk to people, and the pain is everywhere. George and Ali married in 2001 and they have two children together. Quite a popular figure at the network, Georges absence was instantly noticed, and fans were anxious to know the reason behind the same. They're randomly selected. An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. I mean, we saw 75 people, and there are six pages of the report cut out. MUIR: What do you make of this Chinese peace plan floated overnight that Putin is now applauding today? You make the I mean you interview for the news. RADDATZ: What could you do, at this point, as chair -- at this point, legislatively? TERRY MORAN, ABC NEWS SENIOR NATIONAL CORRESPONDENT: Well, it's hard to think of a world leader who was 86 years old, ever, except for Popes sometimes, and they're generally -- they got to die in office, or at least did before Benedict. So, why is this support slipping? They can plead five. He needs air defense, including another HIMARS. "This was always going to blow up at some point," one source told the outlet about the power struggle. And -- but that means that you have evidence that may incriminate you. RADDATZ (on camera): Very hard for you too? Chris, we should give you some time off. David Muir Called Out By Robin Roberts On 'Good Morning America' (VIDEO) David Muir normally helms the weekend edition of ABC's "World News," but, with both George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer off this week, he's been filling in on "Good Morning America" and the weekday "World News." But Muir's double duty got him into a bit of comic trouble . The president originally decided against sending U.S. tanks, theyre called . Check out "WORLD NEWS TONIGHT," and have a great day. BRAZILE: No, no. And, you know, but the fact is, if we don't give them -- if they don't get the momentum right now, with the Russian offensive coming into country right now, they have a window of time with the counteroffensive. And just this week, the secretary of the Army said they may not even get those tanks this year. When Stephanopoulos finally caught wind of the transaction, he was reportedly none too pleased and threatened to leave the network. Aging is inevitable for all of us. When we come back, the four women of the Georgia grand jury investigating possible election interference by Donald Trump and his allies, revealing indictments could be coming. But what comes next? I mean you all probably know better than me but it seems like the president, former president, I'm sorry, has tried to exert executive privilege when anybody close to him is potentially going to be --. But the Germans told the president that they would not be prepared to send those Leopards into the fight -- and those Leopards are arriving now, Martha until the president also agreed to send Abrams. MCCAUL: Well, Chairman Xi and Putin are they have this unholy alliance since the Beijing Olympics. It ultimately did not. U kunt uw keuzes te allen tijde wijzigen door te klikken op de links 'Privacydashboard' op onze sites en in onze apps. Are you running? But in addition, Martha, this was a bipartisan delegation to Munich. RADDATZ: But Donald Trump also gets huge talking points out of these, out of these interviews, right? It's totally legitimate to do that. Records show the political news anchor donated $25,000 three times between 2012 and 2014. Mistake for him not to go? CNN reported that ABC was so eager to appease Stephanopoulos that then-Disney chairman Bob. RADDATZ: Tell me what this last year has been like for you. MCCAUL: Of course. CHRISTIE: Because she's now going to be a witness. Under Mr. Brinkley's stewardship, the program garnered critical acclaim and numerous . Everything is in the negative. Thats up from 18 percent last April. Both your supporters and your critics. Why do you think F-16s would make a difference? You heard what Jake Sullivan said. Details On Her Second Child And Husband Chris Abbott. It doesn't just apply to Joe Biden. Almost anything? Neither Stephanopoulos nor Muir will hold the title of Chief Anchor now how's that for a compromise? I've seen nothing in the plan that would indicate that there is something that would be beneficial to anyone other than Russia if the Chinese plan were followed. We are democracy. What we did do with the president at President Bidens direction, Martha, is put in place a set of policy parameters for when we would take lethal action against an object to shoot it down, as opposed to deal with it in other ways. Your email address will not be published. Viewers were left surprised when George Stephanopoulos stopped appearing on Good Morning America at the beginning of 2021. Thus, recent developments along with Georges new contract confirmed that the esteemed host is not leaving Good Morning America anytime soon. However, the matter was seemingly settled before blowing up, and George retained his position on GMA. Moreover, while being a part of GMA, Georges new contract also led ABC to launch his own production company George Stephanopoulos Productions through which he will take on various projects with his wife. George Stephanopoulos took to Twitter to announce his new project. Which is exactly what he's done," an insider revealed. BIDEN: I think you answered the question, Putins applauding it, so how could it be any good? We cannot have that kind of (INAUDIBLE). We havent seen anything like this since my fathers generation, World War II -- largest invasion in Europe, the biggest threat to the Pacific since World War II. George Stephanopoulos Wife Alexandra Wentworth Illness, Brenden Aaronson Religion, Parents, Girlfriend And His Dating Life Explored, Inquirer: Who Is Alex Coffey? A grand jury comes in and you get the grand jury you get, and so, you know, this is going to be embarrassing for the prosecution. BIDEN: I'll let you characterize what they would be. Stephanopoulos reportedly threatened to leave for a rival network last year over tensions with Muir. February 26, 2023, 6:15 AM. Up next, the Republican chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, just back from a visit to Kyiv himself. VIDEO: Ali Wentworth jokes she's divorcing George Stephanopoulos live on GMA. MCCAUL: For gods sakes. Here now, Martha Raddatz. With that title, and despite Muirs ever-increasing role in anchoring ABCs news coverage, Stephanopoulos led the outlets special events coverage, including the 2018 and 2020 elections, while Muir focused on hosting World News Tonight. And the train had compartments to be able to work, small bunks to be able to sleep on. It can knock out targets. People quickly took to Twitter to ask about where he's been. The economy is always central to the conversation when you're running for president. They've got better jobs, are making more money. We're trying to get help to find him.