And will Depop charge me a fee for this ? Sweeten the deal by offering your customers a discount on your items, or else include free shipping in the item's price. The fact that Depop only allows four photos and a video that many sellers hardly use doesnt help. I have a high priced item or have a general sense that I am dealing with a Once you know how selling works on Depop and what kind of clothes you can and cant sell, you can begin listing on the app. You can get a feel from what type of person you are dealing with just by messaging them. You will need to message the seller and ask them to contact PayPal to resolve this Network issues. 2. Depop has a buyer protection policy so if you get a fake item that you thought was authentic and was not delivered as described you are covered and you can get refunded if that is the case. To sign up on the app, youll need to download Depop from the App Store or Google Play. It looks nice. You dont need fancy equipment or special skills to take decent photos of your items natural lighting and a neutral background will help your items to look their best. So the seller unknowingly sends the product to the address of the scammer, having been paid. You can ignore these messages and report the account. Transparency is the key to success when conducting business online! Set up Depop Payments. Hey hun, make sure youre using hashtags to make sure people can search for and find your items , Hey Steve, can you give context to your comment? 1) Pack the item using an envelope or parcel bag. It's easier than. 4 8 If someone is able to do this, that means there are better deals that they know. Plus you dont want to have to wait for weeks to get your item if you can help it, right?if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'fulfilledmerchant_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',125,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-fulfilledmerchant_com-banner-1-0'); Scammers exist as both buyers and sellers. For example, we wrote about our experience of buying a fake Reformation dress from a seller in Australia. I link the stock on my Insta stories with a swipe up to my depop or, put a post on my insta telling people in the caption that the stock is up and add a link to my depop in my bio x, thank you for this website, its very helpful! Depop is a very convenient online store to use both for the purchaser and the seller. Ive had items posted for co UK pke months now with no luck. Thanks. While there are shady people willing to scam anyone for a quick buck, there are legit naive people that simply did not have any clue. Once your item sells, make sure to finish the deal by sending it to your buyer in a timely manner. at new information on your web site. I am very sensitive to writing a person off just because they are a new seller because I was a new seller at one time, we all had to start from somewhere. when reselling. How to Sell on Depop - Becoming a Power Seller | Wirecutter From art to jewelry, you can list a wide range of items on Depop here are some examples, which you can start selling now. Once the transaction has been completed, you should receive a notification telling you that your item was sold. Since I disclosed it and show the tags therefore they cannot go back and say I sold them a fake. Here are our 21 actionable tips for selling on Depop. Step 3: Write a bio about your shop and what you're selling and tap on 'Next'. It might take 2-3 days for Depop to release this money into your account. Confused where to start? After youve input your phone number youll be sent a 6 digit code that you need to enter to continue this process. then you would need to click the three little dots and put mark as sold, otherwise im not sure why that would happen , Thank you for your help, i just marked it as sold and had a look but it was a bag so didnt even have a size on it. The deal is not worth it, even if the seller has high ratings and an established shop. Well there you have it, my 5 top tips for getting your stock moving on Depop. Your email address will not be published. The three-dot menu may be horizontal () for you instead, but it'll be in the same top-right corner of the listing. Why do you make items inactive? We do this when a user is hasn't used the app for 28 days or more. thank you and hope you can help xxx, Hey hun, youll have it in your notifications on the app (he bell symbol) or, it should be in your e-mails too x. Hi, Depop is a fashion marketplace where users from all over the world come to discover unique fashion. there can be no back and forth about from the seller that it was not sent Now that your shop account is done youre ready to create your first listing. However, I would like to take this moment to say I am a real human being not a bot and I dont scam anyone on Depop. x, If you mark it as sold on Depop they wont charge you anything. Then I sent them this. and do you sometimes resell these items? You can make extra money selling clothes on Depop. A legitimate account could be hacked. To start selling on Depop, youre going to have to first create an account! So, today I will go over the precautions you can take as a buyer and a seller to lessen the chances of a scam happening to you on Depop! As of this writing, Etsy's . Yes, when they go to pay itll automatically be added to the cost. Check the following: Your connection. Every time a customer has had an issue with delivery it has not been my fault or USPS it has been the customers and it usually had to do with their delivery address information being wrong. I block them. Depop - how to buy, sell and review on the popular app - Cosmopolitan You can learn about those fees from their website. Keep a consistent style. You only get charged when the sale is made through Depop directly x. Hi, I have just started selling on Depop, and your advice is so helpful, so thank you for sharing with us! buyer perspective you could also video record and document your unboxing of the Becky Chorlton, from Lymm, Cheshire, owns Becky's Bazaar, which focuses on selling vintage clothing items online. "It's about the aesthetics." 1 / 5. My only question for you as a seller for Depop which pay-pal account do you prefer personal or business? And are your handmade items so good that friends and coworkers keep asking you to make them one? Hi Sarah, this article helped a lot i was just wondering, at the moment i do not have a massive amount of clothes to sell, did you ever have this problem at any time? Item says sold but it's not? Photo: @annaflorencelaplaca. Fees on Depop are very straightforward. You can sign up in two ways: through the Depop app or on depop.com. Scammers are also creative so there may be other types of scams that we may not be aware of. It has the huge yellow SOLD text on top of it, but I have no notification in the app, no email from depop or PayPal. Im not sure to be honest, I dont think you have to link anything? Once you're on your profile, you'll see listed all the items or listings you have created. So if you were going to sell an item for $50 on eBay, please sell it for less than that on Depop so that you dont have to pay eBays fees. Previously all Depop purchases were powered via PayPal, hwoever For example, they may say that the item is a factory piece, even if the brand does not sell a factory line like J.Crew and J.Crew Factory. I have never had to use any of my footage but its my insurance to protect Depop, Poshmark, eBay, etc) are not supposed to be refused and that they are to accept as is. app scamming their customers that nspend money marketing dollars to come to the How to Delete a Depop Listing or Mark As Sold, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoicqzxvwE, Xa hoc nh du bn mt mt hng trn Depop, Menghapus Daftar Barang (Listing) di Depop. I recently purchased an iPhone through Depop for 300, made sure to check with the seller that they would send next day signed for/tracked delivery and paid safely through depop/paypal with buyer protection. If I sell an item on ebay can i mark it as sold on Depop ? How To Sell On Depop: Beginner's Guide - the offbeat life If the item in question was purchased for less than $10, consider giving the buyer a full refund. In addition, people will be able to view your items from all over the world easily which allows them to buy from anywhere! Or maybe youve got your sights set on building your own business in secondhand clothing? As a legit seller, you can still get scammed on Depop. Why would a seller prefer to pay for shipping vs buyer? Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve. Plus new people are more anxious to sell with better deals typically. I have a paypal receipt and it's in my Depop purchase history so I know it's gone through. The best way to determine if Yes, in Ireland the price of postage is based on weight, not package size x, hi! This leads to overstuffed dressers and closets. myself from scammers. 302: How This Freelance Guru Helps Others Create Freedom Through Gig Work with Dorothy Hollabaugh, Extended: How To Successfully Grow A YouTube Channel with Lana Glushkova, Youll want to open up the app and select the camera icon, from there youll be able to select the option to set up your shop.. Once youve done all of that, youll be shown their terms of service and the option to fully create your account! I want Hi Ive been selling on Depop a few months now and a buyer has asked me if I would reserve an item for them until they get paid. If you use standard shipping, it is recommended that sellers ship within 1 week after receiving payment. The first of these Depop fees are 10% of your total sale, which includes the shipping costs. I have a few questions. Finally, to list your item with Depop youll need 4 photos, a description, your location, a category for the item, hashtags, and the price. and then I wont hear from any of the spammy buyers from months. Here are some tips you need to be aware of so that you do not get scammed on Depop. Find clothes to list. Looking for the best way to sell clothes on Depop? 2) Inform your buyer by sending them a message. I go to car boot sales to find designer clothes I can sell for three times the price on Depop - here's my top tips for bagging a bargain Becky Chorlton, from Lymm, Cheshire, sells vintage clothes . The main photo of the product is very important, so please use a picture that shows off the best sides of the items that you are listing. Make an impact By selling on Depop you're keeping items in the circular economy and helping reduce fashion waste. The address on PayPal must match the address youre sending your item to for seller protection. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Required fields are marked *, My name is Debbie and I'm here to help you navigate your way into a location independent lifestyle. There is no repeat business when a seller scams, so most of the people are legit sellers. 3 Go to the listing that you want to mark as sold. You'll most likely be more interested in deleting the listing if it garnered bad reviews or bad comments, but you'll want to keep the listing and instead mark it as sold if it got a lot of good reviews and comments that could help your Depop store. much everyone starts at 0 when they join and then its up to Depop Paypal will also charge you a fee for the transaction which depends on where you are. A legitimate seller should understand that it is not personal and should be comfortable to make their customers feel comfortable. Hi how long does it usually take to sell something on depo? Because there is no sales tax through Depop what is the process for reporting on taxes and other legalities? if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'fulfilledmerchant_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_7',126,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-fulfilledmerchant_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Another easy way to get scammed on Depop or any other selling platform that uses PayPal as a payment is being asked to change the shipping address other than the one on PayPal. Can you advise ? , If you are an Android user, at the moment you are still unable to leave feedback, but we are working on it! Also, include photos of any flaws or faults on the item and add these to your listing. How to sell fast on Depop - Depop Blog Depop - Start Selling barrierif scamming is your concern to decrease the chances of a scam on Depop Depop has recently announced they have teamed up with Real Authentication.com to authenticate designer items. There are many legit buyers and sellers as with any other online marketplaces. Requests for feedback on your shop, requests for item authentication, and posting milestones/achievements MUST BE POSTED IN THE DESIGNATED WEEKLY THREAD. My Top Tips For Selling On Depop - icomeundone.com fly-butter Sold an item and it never listened as sold I sold an item about two weeks ago it is marked as deliverers on my app and I got the payment. r/Depop. Thank you for the read I found it very helpful. Whether through selling fakes and other shady communication attempts. packaged in the condition sold. If youre looking for more items, why not ask family or friends if theyve got old clothes theyd like to declutter? if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'fulfilledmerchant_com-leader-1','ezslot_8',127,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-fulfilledmerchant_com-leader-1-0'); And then telling the seller to send the product elsewhere. The next step of learning how to sell on Depop is understanding how to set up your account. Nothing kills a Depop buzz more than an unhappy customer so, to avoid unnecessary complications always check the item for faults before listing & note them in the description. Mercari's Help Center has all the answers you need about buying and selling on our mobile marketplace app. This has gotten too ridiculous : r/Depop - reddit.com Trading can be a great way to swap items with someone without spending a lot of money. You can sell whatever size clothing you like and remember to mention the size in the description so buyers can find your item. I know when I thrift stuff and its designer I disclose that I cannot verify the authenticity as I was not the original owner. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. Depop recommends using standard shipping since they take care of the postage. Marking an Item as Sold 1 Open Depop. 2 6 Related Topics Hello, Im new to Depop. Set your price. Its free to list your items in your shop and youll only be charged once an item is sold. When you talk about using hashtags, do you include those hashtags in the description? First, youll want to visit Depops sign-up page and input your phone number to receive a code. Double check you're not using any offensive, abusive, or prohibited terms in your description. Depop Mobile app Marketplace and Deals Marketplace Etsy Information & communications . Browse through Mercari's Help Desk for solutions about how to use Mercari, billing and account questions, and Buyer and Seller Guidelines. Next, you need to guard All this talk about scam and you would think thats all there is to Depop, but I assure you its not. The account creation process is a fairly simple 4 step process. Help! Markets, car boot sales, secondhand sellers and wholesalers are all good sources of clothes to sell on Depop once youve exhausted your own wardrobe. Making the pieces look as attractive as possible means ensure the clothing is freshly washed & photographed against a plain background in good lighting. However scammers exist everywhere corporate America, government, your scamming behind EX!!!! Top Tips for Selling on Poshmark (no experience needed), List of eBay Best Sellers: What to Sell Right Now, How to find Etsy best sellers and start an online business. Your item title should be creative and original to stand out from the other items on Depop. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 71,296 times. Press J to jump to the feed. and insulate yourself with a protective Depop is safe to buy from! Anyone else had this issue? Posting items also gets you more exposure on the Explore page! It pays to be creative and look for interesting places to pick up stock for your shop keep an eye out for events and sales in your community. While, yes, having good product descriptions and knowing which brands and styles will sell best are important, Raga's number one piece of advice for selling your clothes on an app like Depop was to take good photos. and if so how did you deal with it? Sell easily Whatever your style - you'll find a buyer looking for items like yours in our ever-growing community. She refunded the money right away and explained that she couldnt tell a fake herself because she has not seen a real dress in person. xx, Hi, I have just started selling on Depop and eBay and found your site very helpful. Etsy buys secondhand clothing app Depop to tap into gen Z You have to have a considerable amount of trust with the person youre planning to trade with. - Items from your wardrobe (whether new and unworn or preloved), - Thrifted clothes - clothes you find at yard sales, from friends and families wardrobes, on marketplaces, at thrift stores or rag houses, - Items in different conditions (brand new, like new, used - excellent, used - good, and used - fair). And avoid redirecting your package in any way. Once the transaction has been completed, you should receive a notification telling you that your item was sold. One word of caution, every now and then you may get a post office worker who tries to state you owe extra if they see the 8 oz label and your item weights more than 8 ozs however I've been told via a USPS management directive these commercial labels (i.e. In both cases, neither PayPal nor Depop can help you recover your money. Depop has thousands of sellers who make regular money through selling clothes. After Making a Sale. Selling things online can be hard. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. I had a international customer in the EU (which has certain rules about returns, etc) return a package to me due to buyers remorse. Hey Christina, no, if you mark an item as sold Depop dont take any money from the sale price but you also wave your right to seller protection from Depop that way. Keeping unwanted clothes out of landfill means they stay in use for longer. Theres no magic number for pricing your item. Here are a few important things to check before you send your item Depop Payments If your buyer paid using Depop Payments then you can ship your item straight away, your payment is protected and will be shown in your balance within the Seller Hub. Accessories & beauty products are laid on an inexpensive faux sheepskin Ikea rug. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. We are always buying new items, but we never seem to toss out the old at the same time. How To Not Get Scammed On Depop - Fulfilled Merchant Depop will send you an email saying that they have transferred the money into your PayPal account. I can't buy an item - Depop help GB How to sell clothes online: Depop, Poshmark, and Mercari - Mashable It is one thing to say if something is inspired-by and disclosing the information. How to sell clothes on Depop: Everything you need to know to start How to Delete a Depop Listing: Deactivate or Remove Sold Items I enjoy giving out likes, I feel its a great way to support other shops and get their items seen but it doesnt mean I want to buy the item. And always make sure they are all high-quality photos! Why Depop? Since deleting listings from your Depop account also deletes all the comments and reviews from that listing, you might decide that you want to keep it around. There may be an issue with your internet connection, try to check out with just WiFi, or just mobile data Buying from an international seller? Not only that but if you are selling on multiple platforms such as eBay and Depop, please think about how much each platform will charge you in fees. This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer. When uploading an item for sale, you have the option of adding tags to describe the product so that it shows up more on search results. Offer a discount or free shipping. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Heres our complete guide on how to Depop and get up and running with selling clothes on the home of unique fashion. I sold 5 items on Depop and Paypal is saying that my money is - Quora Though we know waiting isn't ideal, if you are an iPhone user using version 2.3 or above of Depop, this label will expire in 30 days and when that happens both parties will be able to leave feedback. Depop takes 10% in fees, which is a lot more reasonable than other apps like Poshmark or Curtsy. Fake designer copies or even non-designer but trending items are often sold on wholesale websites. By signing up you are agreeing to receive emails according to our privacy policy. Its unfortunate that there is so much talk that Depop is a scam with articles, forums, and Facebook groups all pointing with screen shot evidence how Depop safety is an issue. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Listen to The Offbeat Life podcast and read our blog! It works a lot like many social media apps you sign up, fill in your profile (which is also your shop), and then start following other users on the app. Repeated violations will result in a ban. Well boo you shouldnt waste your time buying it then, I would have much rather NOT dealt with you as a customer and let that item sit for eternity before dealing with you. P eer-to-peer app Depop was founded in 2011 to help people sell pre-loved clothes and to allow shoppers a circular way to indulge their love of fashion. For one thing, it's a big and active marketplace with lots of different kinds of buyers and sellers. Make money Sell your clothes. If a seller ever asks you to pay off the app, via a bank transfer or with PayPal but via friends and family, walk away from the deal. How to use Depop Hashtags to make real bank! Feel free to connect with me anytime. Browse Depop's streetwear fashion picks and search for must-have items. We are compensated for referring traffic and business to Amazon and other companies linked to on this site. Some sellers specialise only in designer items, while others will mix these in with a blend of vintage and secondhand. Your email address will not be published. Its a great way to make money by selling the items that you no longer use! "If our in app generated shipping label has not been used, the app will not update automatically showing that the item has been shipped and in turn, delivered. So Listing Items on the Depop App Step 1: Open the app and tap on the 'Camera icon' at the bottom center of the home screen. Refunding is something that anyone wanting to learn how to sell on Depop should know about. Another quick question have you ever found any cheap clothes sources that you buy from and then resell for profit on depop? I recently registered as a small business but still learning the logistics. This might be because you sold the item on another platform and you no longer have it, but the item racked up a bunch of likes and comments and you don't necessarily want to delete it. Im glad I stumbled across your tips for Depop. Say that. Its usually a bundle sale set up so that a buyer can purchase a few items at a discounted price while the seller has to only a pay a small Depop fee as the sales are based on items prices (the buyer also has buyer protection too as they paid through the app) I couldnt be sure of each individual item youre inquiring about but this is often the case. This will give your buyer an idea of what the item is like and how worn it is because unexpected damage or flaws on an item can be frustrating for a buyer to receive. Depop Dos and Don'ts: An etiquette guide to social shopping